Arc - Everything Everything
8.1

Review this album

1. Jan 14, 2013
    Still a quirky and original band that I love to listen too. Man Alive is one of my favorite albums of all time, with every song a joy to listen too, and being highly memorable. How does Arc hold up against Man Alive? Quite well, actually, though I still have to listen to it a few more times before I become really attached to the album, but I am sure Arc will be compulsively listenableStill a quirky and original band that I love to listen too. Man Alive is one of my favorite albums of all time, with every song a joy to listen too, and being highly memorable. How does Arc hold up against Man Alive? Quite well, actually, though I still have to listen to it a few more times before I become really attached to the album, but I am sure Arc will be compulsively listenable after a while. Music is different to other media in quite a big way; with movies you watch it once or twice before formulating an opinion on it, with games you can play it once to formulate an opinion and play it again to justify that opinion, and with books you only really need to read it once since there inherently is more attention to detail in books that most other media. But with music, you need to become familiar with the piece, you need to know when it picks up the pace and when it climaxes, as songs are only up to 5 minutes long, unlike 2 hour movies and even 30 hour games. Everything Everything perfects this craft, being completely foreign the first time you listen to it, but being compulsively listenable thereafter. It's incredible how they pull it off, how strange and different their style is, so you never tire of it like you would any other song. They do something different every 16 bars, and I guess that's why it's hard to get sick of it. It's excellent how they pull it off, and I would recommend this album to any fan of Electronica, Indie or Alternative Rock. 'Cough Cough' and 'The House is Dust' are my two personal favorites. Collapse
  2. Jan 14, 2013
    With more polished production and better songwriting, Everything Everything have produced an album that, whilst showing less of a commitment to being off-putting in it's experimentation, still maintains the quirks that make the band great. This is ultimately a winning move as Arc is much more coherent, layered and heartfelt than it's predecessor, with catchy tunes and jaunty hi-jinx inWith more polished production and better songwriting, Everything Everything have produced an album that, whilst showing less of a commitment to being off-putting in it's experimentation, still maintains the quirks that make the band great. This is ultimately a winning move as Arc is much more coherent, layered and heartfelt than it's predecessor, with catchy tunes and jaunty hi-jinx in equal measure. Arc is a rewarding listen that is worth persevering with, and is ultimately a welcome progression for a band who show no signs of ever being boring. Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    A refreshing different style of music that is still catchy and amazing to listen to. Although a lot of the songs had me looking in the lyric booklet, they're still great tunes and music overall. The variety in the songs is good bonus, yet they still manage to have a certain similarity to them that;s simply unique.
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    Everything Everything's first album, whilst full of promise was a little higgledy piggledy. This sounds like them finding a more concentrated, perhaps efficient sound. There's less ephemera on Arc, and it feels like the album really benefits as a consequence. Excellent.

1. Feb 12, 2013
    Everything Everything hit their targets with aplomb.
    Everything Everything have their cake and they’re eating it too--Arc proves that they can keep their zany shade of indie and still be taken very seriously.
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    There’s neither swag nor swagger here, just talent and a single-minded creative vision worth every gasping breath it takes to keep up with.