Attack On Memory - Cloud Nothings
8.9

Review this album

1. Feb 22, 2012
    Cloud Nothing's "Attack On Memory" is a breathe of fresh air. They have a unique style and each track really shows that. It's really unlike I've heard lately. All In All, "Attack On Memory" is a great album that needs to go unmissed. A-
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    The first song on this album blew me away. Then I heard the second track and was even more impressed. Fortunately the album doesn't falter much at all after that. These guys have some kind of energy and you can tell on every track. I heard the frontman is basically a teenager but I actually related pretty well to the lyrics. They do have kind of a throwback 90's sound and they most remind me of the Replacements. This is my favorite of the year so far and I already bought my ticket to see them live this weekend! Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    God I love loud abrasive guitar rock and this is an album full of it.My personal favorite is "Wasted Days" about 9 minutes of pure noisy bliss.It is said they chose this direction so as to be able to improvise during their live shows, good decision boys.
  4. Jun 19, 2012
    Cloud Nothings have managed to create a beautifully authentic record, mixing sounds from alternative rock to punk and everything into between into one thrilling and creative experience.

The newest release is a widespread band effort, and as a result a much more unified, redeeming ride, similar to The Strokes
  5. Jun 21, 2012
    Perhaps what I love most about this fantastic rock record is the fact that its eight tracks are incredibly easy to become familiar with. Truly shining in this glorious lo-fi jungle of sounds are Dylan Baldi's vocals, which have a natural edge that pierces and gurgles more appropriately than any vocalist in recent years. His edgy sass on previous records has evolved into a full-blown badassery, complimented by skillful and precise drums lines. Is this album groundbreaking? No. Not by any means. However, it is simply incredibly high in quality. Expand
  6. Mar 10, 2013
    Just one of the best indie albums of 2012, and also one of the best I've ever heard. The semi-improvised tracks are just awesome. This album has a soul, deep into post-hardcore (sometimes almost emo), and I love it.

1. Congrats to Baldi for getting one right.
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    This album is barefaced '90s revivalism. [Mar 2012, p.97]
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    This third effort sees the band step into darker territory, blending detuned guitars and Sonic Youth-esque dissonance with infectious pop-punk hooks. [Mar 2012, p. 100]