Attention Deficit

8.2

Review this album

1. Feb 18, 2011
    What makes this record stand out is that there is something special hidden within the fabric of Wale's personality. Sure his lyrics are average at best but his attitude feels relevant in comparison to the Lil' Wayne's and Kanye West's of today. The production is top-notch and sounds awesome and Wale doesn't disappoint but bear in mind this is a real mainstream record, so for some it willWhat makes this record stand out is that there is something special hidden within the fabric of Wale's personality. Sure his lyrics are average at best but his attitude feels relevant in comparison to the Lil' Wayne's and Kanye West's of today. The production is top-notch and sounds awesome and Wale doesn't disappoint but bear in mind this is a real mainstream record, so for some it will be a turn off. I don't listen to the record much but when I do I love it. 81/100 Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    Truthfully, the song that stuck out to me the most was definitely 90210, which I found to be just different from many of Wale's peers. Wale is definitely on the come up and Attention Deficit was a great start. Especially with songs like Girls and Chilling, Attention Deficit is an album that you can listen to many times without getting bored.

1. The biggest complaint has to be that the early single 'Nike Boots' is missing, but otherwise, this unique debut does not disappoint.
  2. Well, there’s no doubt that he delivers with a rigorous, intelligent set, but let’s not go overboard. Attention Deficit proves there’s still room for growth.
  3. He often lives up to that promise on his major-label debut, tossing out deep thoughts and show-offy puns over beats that pay homage to the go-go of his native D.C.