Audio Secrecy - Stone Sour
7.9

Review this album

1. Apr 24, 2013
    I really love this album, it has everything could i want in a good album:
    melody and hardness, but the melody predominates.
    Overall this is a good album with good production and good ideas, especially the guitars. Corey Taylor plays a proper role for the voice, though much less extreme than in Slipknot.
    You can not miss it.
  2. Feb 22, 2012
    First of all, I'm a massive Stone Sour, Slipknot and Corey Taylor fan, and have been for years. That being said, I expected so much more from everyone involved. Aside from 2 or 3 great songs, this is a lazy album that doesn't do much to differentiate itself from every other rock band out there. After two amazing and definitive albums, Stone Sour has become bland. Here's hoping Corey Taylor and Co. can come up with something more exiting next time around. As an edit, I thought I'd give a seasoned take on the album. It's worse than ever, and a shame that Stone Sour released it. There are maybe two singles worth listening to a few times. Not worth buying. Not really worth listening. Great band. Bad album Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    to me, this is a great album, especially the special edition as songs like Anna are simply perfect. Corey as a singer shows he can still scream as well as sing:)
  4. Nov 13, 2010
    Less screaming and less heavy but more melodic more versatile and as emotionally sound as ever. I enjoyed. Some cynics might not have liked it but unless you're a fan and can relate to it you're screwed.

1. While its range is, on the one hand, impressive, on the other it means that Audio Secrecy lacks something in focus, even perhaps authority. [4 Sep 2010, p.50]
  2. Just when you think Audio Secrecy can get no more infuriating, you find the most overwrought of the ballads lodging their tunes inside the melodic part of your cranium.
  3. Stone Sour has tapped into its full potential on Audio Secrecy, and it really shows when the album is heard in order, from beginning to end. The flow of the album is gorgeous, made all the better by the aforementioned balance between soft and heavy.