• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Aug 15, 2006
8.9

Review this album

1. Apr 7, 2018
    Una obra maestra por parte de la cantante Aguilera, ademas de que porfin se hizo justicia al tener un promedio de criticas en verde
  2. Nov 10, 2017
    This is her best album ever ever ever, vintage taste, vintage style, vintage mood.
    .......................................................................
  3. Nov 10, 2017
    She knows how to make real music, and shows that she has talent for all music styles, queen of She knows how to make real music, and shows that she has talent for all music styles, queen of reinvention. No doubt she was born to soul music, jazz and blues. Xoxo
  4. Aug 31, 2017
    Her best album to date and my favorite album ever. It's just a masterpiece. It totally deserved its Grammy nomination (it should've won tough). "Back In The Day" is one of my favorite songs on the album.
  5. Aug 14, 2017
    This is favorite album ever, She did it very well, The voice is amazing and she shows everybody how is make magic with a song, Makes me wanna pray is a masterpiece and the other songs are amazing
  6. Jun 23, 2017
    It's incredible how Christina can switch styles and still bring something relevant and unique and this album was so suitable for her voice and media person.
  7. May 12, 2017
    Amo este álbum, este es el verdadero sonido y estilo de Christina Aguilera. Se luce su voz me encanta la tematica de los años 30s, 40s y 50s ¡Una leyenda!
  8. Feb 13, 2017
    Um dos melhores albuns de todos os tempos, biblia, Mercy On me, Hurt, Candyman, Slow Down Baby Ain No Other Man, sao uma das minhas faixas preferidas, melhor album da Xtina, ele é 1000x melhor que o lixo do bionic
  9. Dec 1, 2016
    This is one of the best pop albums I've ever heard from such a young vocalist. She's really a great songwriter and DJ Premier has brought out the best in her. 15 years from now we will have yet another legend among us. Collapse
  10. Oct 12, 2016
    Es Un Admirable disco, Una declaración artística, Con Gran poder y destreza vocal de La cantante, su canción más memorable es Candyman pues es diferente a lo lanzado por otros artistas pop de su época, Este disco es realmente bueno
  11. Aug 26, 2016
  12. Feb 8, 2016
    Perfection. This album is really great.
  13. Oct 17, 2015
    Este álbum es fantástico, ella siempre se innova y amo eso, es una gran artista, y este es un gran álbum, es GENIAL! Lo amo, es de mis favoritos, su voz es la mejor que hay, CHRISTINA QUEEN ♥
  14. Jul 21, 2015
    I can't believe how amazing this album is! The sounds and lyrics are heaven, and her voice is pure perfection! I'm so obsessed with it! 100% highly recommended.
  15. Jan 6, 2015
    deusaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  16. Dec 29, 2014
    A unique take on the sounds of yester-year, Christina Aguilera proves her versatility in any genre and sound. She's much more than a pop singer - rather more of a sensation. Don't miss the joys of 'Ain't No Other Man.'
  17. Dec 17, 2014
    This is the only coherent and solid album that Christina Aguilera had released yet. The musical and visual influences used in this album are spot on. Xtina's voice and this jazzy/soul pop are match made in heaven.
  18. Sep 26, 2014
    "Back to Basics" is the best album that Christina Aguilera did, that's all!

I would like to say how this one is amazing, but I cannot explain how I felt when I bought it. All the songs sound biggest and powerful with her beautiful voice. And the lyrics are so awesome! Lots of love for it!!! ♥
  19. Aug 4, 2014
    It's so good because of three main things:
    Christina's immaculate voice and how she screams powerfully even in mellow parts of songs.
    The production, of course.
    The homages, and the skit-like World War II lyrics and intros. It's a comedic work of art.
    It's a bummer because:
    It's divided to two discs when one could had made do.
  20. Dec 10, 2013
    great album, incredible voice and amazing ballads. xtina knows how to make a really good music, she can be everything: pop singer, hip hop singer, jazz singer, soul singer...... this album can show us that she doesn't care about what's playing on the radio
  21. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the album that Beyoncé always wanted to do, sophisticated, well crafted and extremely tasteful, Back to Basics itself as a masterpiece of Christina Aguilera.
  22. Oct 4, 2013
    Now, that's is what they call music. It's an amazing pop album flavored with 40's, 50's, 60's Jazz and Blues materials. The lyrics are amazing same th the beats and the vocal performance. A true masterpiece.
  23. Aug 24, 2013
    This remains to be one of the best pop albums of the 2000's, she just gives her soul and powerful voice to this journey from the music of the 20's and 30's with a modern touch. While the first CD has a set of club songs the second one has the collaboration of Linda Perry and one of the most powerful and rawest songs ever "Hurt", I highly recommend you to buy this CD, for the fans she won'tThis remains to be one of the best pop albums of the 2000's, she just gives her soul and powerful voice to this journey from the music of the 20's and 30's with a modern touch. While the first CD has a set of club songs the second one has the collaboration of Linda Perry and one of the most powerful and rawest songs ever "Hurt", I highly recommend you to buy this CD, for the fans she won't disappoint you, there's a song written for you called Thank you, the artwork is pretty nice. I wish I had this album on vinyl, Expand
  24. Jul 17, 2013
    Christina takes us "Back In The Day" in her oldschool R&B oriented, fully grown up, amazing, breathtaking, best album in her career. First disc mainly contains of joyfull, full of life songs like "Makes Me Wanna Prey", "Ain't No Other Man", "Back In The Day", "Slow Down Baby" and "Still Dirrty" and light but not shallow ballads like "Oh Mother" and "Without You" with every one of themChristina takes us "Back In The Day" in her oldschool R&B oriented, fully grown up, amazing, breathtaking, best album in her career. First disc mainly contains of joyfull, full of life songs like "Makes Me Wanna Prey", "Ain't No Other Man", "Back In The Day", "Slow Down Baby" and "Still Dirrty" and light but not shallow ballads like "Oh Mother" and "Without You" with every one of them sampling one of Xtina's favouite songs. Second disc partially foreshadows what will happen in 2010 on "Burlesque" soundtrack. Even if "Enter The Circus" is a mess the rest of the CD is flawless. It conatins both sexy songs like "Candyman", "Nasty Naughty Boy" and "I Got Trouble" vulnerable, beauiful ballads like "Welcome", "Save Me From Myself", "The Right Man" and finally Christina's best song ever done "Hurt.

25. Nov 9, 2012
    Beautifully written and produced. The masterpiece of one of the best singers of all time. Christina pours her heart in the lyrics and her geniality in the evoking of the basic sound.
  26. Aug 18, 2012
    Amazing Album, greatest songs and a really wonderful voice, she's a very wonderful artist. Definitely her best album so far. I don't understand the bad critics.
  27. Aug 9, 2012
    Christina Aguilera's best album so far. One of the best album of 2006. Ain't No Other Man, Hurt, Candyman, Welcome and Mercy on Me are just amazing !!!
  28. Jul 12, 2012
    In this album she captures the essence of the 'soul' and is the definitive proof that she is the heir of the old divas of soul music. Highlights for 'Ain't No Other Man', 'Without You' and 'Slow Down Baby' the first album and 'Welcome', 'Candyman' and 'Hurt' on the second cd.
  29. Mar 22, 2012
    Without doubt the best Christina Aguilera, and also one of the riskiest album of the 21st century. What artist in the full year 2006 would have the courage to release an album of Blues and Soul? No one. But Christina did, got the deserved success, and as always, the quality put into it and feeling the tracks. Highlight tracks Hurt Oh Mother, Is not No Other Man, Slow Down Baby, Candyman,Without doubt the best Christina Aguilera, and also one of the riskiest album of the 21st century. What artist in the full year 2006 would have the courage to release an album of Blues and Soul? No one. But Christina did, got the deserved success, and as always, the quality put into it and feeling the tracks. Highlight tracks Hurt Oh Mother, Is not No Other Man, Slow Down Baby, Candyman, Save Me From Myself and Mercy On Me. Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    I Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this album
  31. Jun 13, 2011
    Whoa. This is pop perfection! "Hurt" is an unforgettable ballad, "Candyman" is a jazzy '40s-style swing tune, and "Ain't No Other Man" channels '60s funk. There are many more great, classy songs as well. Christina has had one of the best voices of any Hollywood diva since she started singing. She deserves praise for bringing old-fashioned vocal pop in the style of '20s, '30s, and '40sWhoa. This is pop perfection! "Hurt" is an unforgettable ballad, "Candyman" is a jazzy '40s-style swing tune, and "Ain't No Other Man" channels '60s funk. There are many more great, classy songs as well. Christina has had one of the best voices of any Hollywood diva since she started singing. She deserves praise for bringing old-fashioned vocal pop in the style of '20s, '30s, and '40s songs to mainstream pop music. Expand
  32. May 8, 2011
    Her best album yet, Back to Bascis souds pretty good, ver voice is amazing, she is an excelent performer, give us another album with the same or better quality that Back to Basics Xtina. :D
  33. DevonS
    Feb 3, 2010
    Excellent album. She sounds like a woman in control of her career and you can't get any better than "Mercy on Me," "Hurt," "On Our Way," and "Ain't No Other Man." She is amazing and has the best voice of this generation.
  34. BryanW
    Dec 23, 2009
    Her voice gives me goosebumps. Incredible vocal expertise, amazing ability to express emotions, really well-written tracks... Aren't they enough to make up a worthy album?
  35. ROMINAV
    Jul 24, 2007
    i love candyman but i dont like nasty naughty boy and fuss i love hurt and aint another man and understand and welcome and still dirty im the biggest fan in the world love ya christina
  36. EstebanV.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Even though there are some tracks that don't sound good like FUSS. This album in general is great even though too much time is used to worship one man. The album is great but it gets old. The highlights of the album are Ain't No Other Man, Hurt, Candyman, and Mercy On Me.
  37. JordanF.
    Jul 14, 2007
    fascinating!
  38. ÉliotL.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Christina is one of the best singer ever!
  39. FredricE.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Best release of 2006.. Christina has grown so much into a more mature artist. shes just perfect.
  40. chelsb
    May 12, 2007
    Amazing album, if your thinking of purchasing- you most def. should. Slow Down Baby, Still Dirrty and Save me from myself would have to be my favorite out of the songs on Back to Basics!
  41. BálintK
    May 8, 2007
    This album is very good
  42. EdwardH
    May 8, 2007
    Another dope ass album from Aguilera. She just keepz excelin' in brilliance every time. I love Candyman and ain't no other man best. But I like all tha songs 2. They ain't no bad songs at in this album. Their all trill. you go Girl!
  43. sweetlikesugax0xsweetlikesugax0xx
    Apr 11, 2007
    christina is my favorite artist i lov her i lover every song on the hole album it is soooo inspiring fo young singers luv ya grl
  44. rachel
    Mar 28, 2007
    This cd kicks major ass anyone who dosen't like it is out of thier mind and dosen't know what real music sounds like!
  45. Ben
    Mar 16, 2007
    This is my favorites album!!!!!
  46. katiec
    Mar 3, 2007
    don't understand the bad reviews, the album is brilliant! i love candyman and hurt they are the best songs.
  47. aczxc
    Feb 22, 2007
    tdy
  48. BigDog
    Feb 1, 2007
    I don't understand the low ratings for this album. It is absolutely brilliant. This has my vote for album of the year hands down. Christina-Rules!
  49. alephoneproductions
    Dec 29, 2006
    i liked it alot it does have some bad songs, but the good ones more than make up for them
  50. RachelY.
    Dec 14, 2006
    I really like the album a lot. I like the songs Hurt and Ain't No Other Man. I know all of the words. She's come a long way also.
  51. miyoj
    Dec 7, 2006
    albun of the year!!!!!
  52. pattys
    Nov 20, 2006
    love it!!
  53. SanchezI
    Nov 18, 2006
    Great album, great singer, great person
  54. ChrisE
    Oct 22, 2006
    Back to Basics is an admirable attempt by Christina Aguilera. But at a lengthy 23 tracks the art (at times) gets lost in the overall blandness of the material. There are some great songs here--"Save Me From Myself" is sultry R&B at its best (and one of Aguilera's best performances), "Welcome" is pure circus-inspired fun, "The Right Man" is introspection at its finest and "Candyman" Back to Basics is an admirable attempt by Christina Aguilera. But at a lengthy 23 tracks the art (at times) gets lost in the overall blandness of the material. There are some great songs here--"Save Me From Myself" is sultry R&B at its best (and one of Aguilera's best performances), "Welcome" is pure circus-inspired fun, "The Right Man" is introspection at its finest and "Candyman" is a delightful 50s-infused jingle--but for the number of good tracks on Back to Basics there seem to be even more bad ones (Disc 2 happens to be the most likable of the two). Disc 1's lead-off single (and first hit) "Ain't No Other Man" is decent material, but lacks that sound that makes an international No. 1 smash sngle a smash (which seems to be an issue with Aguilera's respectable, but not stellar career thus far); and the remaining tracks on Disc 1, though musically-inspired, also lack single material-sound. Christina's singing abilities are definitely as amazing as they've always been, but the nonstop wailing gets tiresome after repeated listens (which is why Disc 2 sounds so much better than its predecessor). Back to Basics is an admirable attempt for credibility as an artist, but it's far from being perfect. Nice try, though. Expand
  55. LianeG
    Oct 21, 2006
    There's no doubt that Ms. Aguilera is one of the most talented vocalists of her generation. Ultimately, that talent shines through, regardless of what you might think of the songs. That said, most of the songs on Back To Basics are great. However, the production of the album as a whole lacks the greatness of Stripped. However, it is still a fantastic album. "Hurt" is my favorite track.
  56. Roe
    Oct 21, 2006
    Okay, so the album isn't perfect. In fact, there are some songs I haven't bothered to listen to yet(Without You and ThankYou) and it IS very self involved....but, it is interesting and distinct from anything else out there at the moment. And it's fun! Like pop music's supposed to be! Especially Candyman and Mercy on Me. I'm only giving it a seven 'cos she Okay, so the album isn't perfect. In fact, there are some songs I haven't bothered to listen to yet(Without You and ThankYou) and it IS very self involved....but, it is interesting and distinct from anything else out there at the moment. And it's fun! Like pop music's supposed to be! Especially Candyman and Mercy on Me. I'm only giving it a seven 'cos she does bleat on about her husband way too much. Thats one thing it could've done without. Stripped is better in that respect 'cos it has a wider range of song themes. Expand
  57. Lyssha
    Oct 16, 2006
    Not perfect, and definitly not as good as stripped, but it is a good album. Most of the songs are likeable, some are amazing, and some have to grow on you a bit. Overall, a good album and a good achievement for Ms. Aguilera.
  58. stephanie
    Oct 13, 2006
    it has very nice songs in the cd
  59. DanielC
    Oct 12, 2006
    this is by far one of the greatest most creative album she has done. she is one of the artist in 20 or 30 years from now recieving a lifetime acheivement award. ill say it's better than stripped becuz of creativity luv u xtina, aka babyjane
  60. ChrisM
    Oct 12, 2006
    I'm agree that without a few songs this would be a master piece... Disc 2 is outrageous... Some of the Disc 1 is not working for me, but comparing this album with the emo trash or the stupid pop out there, she demands a lot of respect hands down... And I can smell the grammys here too...
  61. BarbL
    Oct 3, 2006
    She sounds excellant and her vocal is so great! An absolutely great singer!
  62. AnaB.
    Oct 1, 2006
    Christina Aguilera is by far one of if not the greatest singer of our generation. I love the new sound she provided on Back to Basics. Sometimes a couple of songs sounded too similar to others, but overall I loved it.
  63. SamD
    Sep 26, 2006
    Oh my mother, it's amazing what she can do vocally. I really love the jazzy feel of it, but sometimes it can go a little un-developed sounding. Also, Dave H, learn how to spell "self-centered".
  64. JoseT
    Sep 24, 2006
    I think this album is her best album yet....vocally and in what concerns of songwriting. This is a great effort from her and she has proven that she can still be popular and take her music to another album, I defenitly love this album and I think this should be nominated for the GRAMMYS 2007
  65. MarquisW
    Sep 21, 2006
    Definately not better then Stripped, but that was far to hard to top. I enjoyed the album for what it was!
  66. desireeb
    Sep 20, 2006
    Christina Aguilera did a fantastic job on this album, she wanted something different to change the way people see her... her voice is so powerful and the style of music is classic.
  67. KennyH
    Sep 18, 2006
    It's an AMAZING album!.. it's very different, compared to stripped. but I think this cd is more 'happy':).. it's superb! Personally I like the second cd little bit more:)
  68. despor
    Sep 17, 2006
    I love this cd, i love the fact that it is different to what other people are releasing, she deserves all the sucess with this. Amazing.
  69. PhoebeM
    Sep 16, 2006
    By far the better album of the year, Back to Basics shows Christina's heart, her life, her strength and her powerhouse vocals in one generous two disc package. But it's not all belting and exhuberant melismas - Christina's voice is soft and raw in the intimate Save Me From Myself, playfully seductive in Nasty Naughty Boy, emotional and without excessive ad libs in Hurt, and By far the better album of the year, Back to Basics shows Christina's heart, her life, her strength and her powerhouse vocals in one generous two disc package. But it's not all belting and exhuberant melismas - Christina's voice is soft and raw in the intimate Save Me From Myself, playfully seductive in Nasty Naughty Boy, emotional and without excessive ad libs in Hurt, and throughout the rest of the tracks she showcases the control she'd gained over her voice since her sophomore album, Stripped. The song themes are significantly brighter than the tracks on her previous offering, reflecting the happiness in her life - an emotional state that is clearly heard in every word she sings. Even the meaningless but infectiously upbeat Candyman shows just how happy and comfortable she is, which makes this an incredibly feel good album. Expand
  70. AntonioB
    Sep 15, 2006
    The best album from this singer. Very unique and interesting. The sounds, the voice, the lyrics, it's all perfect and different.
  71. Isabelg
    Sep 13, 2006
    is just like this album, she has great vocals....she has inspired a lot of people...and on Back to Basics...she just have demonstrated...that She IS HERE TO STAY
  72. lianac
    Sep 11, 2006
    Nothing short of amazing. Many critic complains about her belting notes but I love that. The album is flawless.
  73. VijayP
    Sep 7, 2006
    I'm surprised the album has only 68 for critics. I think its about an A-. Its pretty good, not perfect, also very long, still its worth the buy. Our favorite "Dirrty" girl proves she's here to stay and that being "different" can be a very good thing. She seems to challenge herself, that I respect about her. Some songs aren't that great, but most of it is very interesting I'm surprised the album has only 68 for critics. I think its about an A-. Its pretty good, not perfect, also very long, still its worth the buy. Our favorite "Dirrty" girl proves she's here to stay and that being "different" can be a very good thing. She seems to challenge herself, that I respect about her. Some songs aren't that great, but most of it is very interesting and cool. Download "Hurt"(One of her best songs to date, vocally, excellent, IMO of course), "Ain't No Other Man"(which is alright for me, the video makes the song better though!.), "Save Me From Myself", "Candyman"(its alright, love the throwback feel though), "Slow Down Baby", "Understand", and "I Got Trouble", to name my favorites. Expand
  74. Tiar
    Sep 6, 2006
    Aguilera shows her vocal prowess once again in an original, funky mix of heart wrenching ballads, sassy 40's bar room swingers, and soulful tributes to the legends of the first half of the twentieth century. The chameleon-like Aguilera has shed her skin from a bubblegum teen pop princess to a dirrty chaps wearing rebel to a subtely sensual traditional soul/pop/r'n'b queen. Aguilera shows her vocal prowess once again in an original, funky mix of heart wrenching ballads, sassy 40's bar room swingers, and soulful tributes to the legends of the first half of the twentieth century. The chameleon-like Aguilera has shed her skin from a bubblegum teen pop princess to a dirrty chaps wearing rebel to a subtely sensual traditional soul/pop/r'n'b queen. And for that, I applaud her. Expand
  75. Albert
    Sep 5, 2006
    It's one of the best pop/hip hop albums of the season, it's new beats when all is the same, it's glad to hear it. Ido really think this one's the best of her carrer up to now
  76. mAzc
    Sep 5, 2006
    I think this album is fab! Craggy has got such an interestin n unique voice! Best album of the year!
  77. MarkW
    Sep 3, 2006
    It shows through the music that she really put time into making this album. This album isn't for everybody, but for those people out there that are looking for QUALITY pop music, this is the CD for you.
  78. amandad
    Sep 2, 2006
    Chrisitina has delivered as usual...great tunes and excellent vocals. She does what any artist does by borrowing from her predecessors. I like the fact that they inspired her music, and it is very obvious throughout the album, BUT it is still very much her own. There are a lot of playful songs, but she doesn't forget to include meaningful songs like "Sorry." The double disc album is Chrisitina has delivered as usual...great tunes and excellent vocals. She does what any artist does by borrowing from her predecessors. I like the fact that they inspired her music, and it is very obvious throughout the album, BUT it is still very much her own. There are a lot of playful songs, but she doesn't forget to include meaningful songs like "Sorry." The double disc album is amazing and actually a great deal when you consider the fact that you are getting about two albums worth of music in one. Expand
  79. StephenN
    Sep 2, 2006
    I think this is Christina's Best Album So Far.I particularly like Disc 2 Better than Disc 1.and her vocal talent comes out strong on this Album so close to what she really loves.
  80. ChrisN/A
    Sep 2, 2006
    Almost 4 years and Christina finally puts out another album. Fantastic album at that. This album should be showered in grammys as its full of gems. Its album of the year material. Christina has seriously come alooooonnnnnng way from when she first started. Shes unstopable and definately here to stay. Highlights for me were WITHOUT YOU,ENTER THE CIRCUS, WELCOME, HURT,SAVE ME FROM MYSELF. Almost 4 years and Christina finally puts out another album. Fantastic album at that. This album should be showered in grammys as its full of gems. Its album of the year material. Christina has seriously come alooooonnnnnng way from when she first started. Shes unstopable and definately here to stay. Highlights for me were WITHOUT YOU,ENTER THE CIRCUS, WELCOME, HURT,SAVE ME FROM MYSELF. This album is pure perfection and baby jane should be PROUD Expand
  81. JT
    Aug 30, 2006
    Love love love her new CD. Wonderful music, wonderful instruments and beats. Lyrics are great. Her voice is amazing as usual. Keep doing your thing girl.
  82. Mary
    Aug 29, 2006
    Wow, what a UNIQUE and OUTSTANDING album! Christina really gave us a breath of fresh air. This album is full of emotion and breaktaking vocals. It has a few dance tracks, lots of chilled out R&B mid-tempos, one power ballad and one acoustic guitar simple singing melody. It's just BRILLIANT. I definitely recommened this album, you will not regret it!
  83. AceM
    Aug 29, 2006
    Hands down the BEST pop album of the year! Very enjoyable! Terrific!
  84. deeh
    Aug 28, 2006
    best album of the year
  85. Jed
    Aug 26, 2006
    This is by far the best album I've heard this year. Christina has really grown as an artist. I can't stop listening to the songs. Keep up the good work girl!!!
  86. Samantha
    Aug 25, 2006
    Christina has made another masterpiece. The first album I've ever owned where I adore every song. Everything thing about it is unique, inventive, and one of a kind. I love everything about this album and Christina. Props to her for doing something different!
  87. Ness
    Aug 25, 2006
    Awesome! I can't stop listening to this cd. I loved stripped and I love B2B!!!
  88. JamesB
    Aug 24, 2006
    one of the most original albums of the year...well done Aguilera!
  89. JamesG
    Aug 24, 2006
    This album is amazing! Aguilera's voice is perfect, and all the songs have great beats. Honestly, I cannot choose one CD over the other! This is a must have for Christina fans, as well as fans of R&B/soul/pop!
  90. ElizabethR
    I love Back to basics.
  91. JamesT
    Aug 23, 2006
    Phenomenal.... one word says it all... excellent work girl!
  92. DarkoS
    Aug 23, 2006
    ....christina is THE best... :D
  93. LitaT
    Aug 22, 2006
    this album is gonna have a big time at the grammys 2006 :)
  94. GillesB
    Aug 22, 2006
    I'm not really a fan of christina, but this record is pure bliss... loads of catchy tunes, rather original compared to what she's done before... i'm buying!
  95. JonG
    Aug 21, 2006
    I absolutely love this album, just like I've loved everything Christina has ever done. I am in love with her even more after hearing this album, and her inspiration. No one else, I thionk, of her generation would have the balls, the chops, or the songwriting skill, or the emotion to pull something like this off, but she did, and it's amazing
  96. ntukziem
    Aug 21, 2006
    xtina bridges the gap with her best work yet... awesome album!!!
  97. JeffreyQ
    Aug 20, 2006
    definitely a great comeback album, back to basics is packed with cool dance music (ain't no other man, slow down baby and candyman), soft ballads (without you and save me from myself), and powerful vocal acrobatics (understand, mercy on me, and makes me wanna pray). it is an eclectic mix of everything that can be classified pop and it contains the best interlude ever: enter the definitely a great comeback album, back to basics is packed with cool dance music (ain't no other man, slow down baby and candyman), soft ballads (without you and save me from myself), and powerful vocal acrobatics (understand, mercy on me, and makes me wanna pray). it is an eclectic mix of everything that can be classified pop and it contains the best interlude ever: enter the circus + welcome. Expand
  98. IanS
    Aug 20, 2006
    No current pop artist can touch Christina, vocally. She proves that this record. No current pop artist can reach Christina, artistically. She proves that this record. No current pop artist makes pop records of this calibur. Christina has.
  99. BryanC
    Aug 19, 2006
    Christina's Back to Basics album is a cut above the rest. She's a real artist who is not afraid of being creative and expresses herself in her music.
  100. BalazsB
    Aug 19, 2006
    Awesome album. One woman One voice 22 songs and 2 discs BEST ALBUM OF 2006

1. Beyond the retro instrumentation, however, it's unclear what Aguilera has really learned from her idols.
  2. Aguilera doesn't have the gravitas of her heroes, and her forays into bluesy torch singing and '40s-style swing are stiff and mannered. But she needn't genuflect before the past -- she can make her own glorious kind of 21st-century noise.
  3. This rather bloated record should be regarded as a disappointment - an interesting one, but a disappointment none the less.