Bad Blood

• Release Date: Mar 4, 2013
7.6

Review this album

1. Nov 8, 2013
    Why do people hate this album!? I love it. I especially love "Pompeii". I can't stop listening to that song. There must be something wrong with you people! You are all stupid!
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    This album is the best album that I listened in all my f---ing life. The music genres are very well used throughout the album. I do not know why the people hate this masterpiece.
  3. Apr 26, 2014
    Love, love, LOVE! If I could have given a 100000/10 I would have. Dan is a master at story telling, the lyrics in this album are incredible and together with the amazing music.. it truly makes for world class stuff! Looking forward to their future albums, I'm sure there is bound to be plenty more.. and seeing Bastille live in concert is a must on my bucket list for sure! A brilliant albumLove, love, LOVE! If I could have given a 100000/10 I would have. Dan is a master at story telling, the lyrics in this album are incredible and together with the amazing music.. it truly makes for world class stuff! Looking forward to their future albums, I'm sure there is bound to be plenty more.. and seeing Bastille live in concert is a must on my bucket list for sure! A brilliant album all round. Expand
  4. Mar 28, 2013
    Bad Blood by the British quartet, Bastille, is a brilliant album with all songs being quite great, though some are better than others and some of the lyrics sound a little silly at times. But overall, Bad Blood is a fantastic debut from Bastille and I am definitely looking forward to their newer music in the future.
  5. Sep 9, 2013
    It's such a great and unique sounding album. Some of the lyrics are a bit bland but all of the sounds and beats and the other bandmates make up for it with such unique songwriting. Plus it's $6.99 for 15 tracks, why not pick it up. I love it.
  6. Apr 19, 2014
    Here's another album my sister got that I actually started to enjoy. I think this band has a great sense of style and emotion in their music and some of the songs have some pretty good lyrics, some forgettable, but good. Overall the music in this CD was overall great, in fact I really don't think there was a single song on this album that I would call bad or probably even mediocre. I likeHere's another album my sister got that I actually started to enjoy. I think this band has a great sense of style and emotion in their music and some of the songs have some pretty good lyrics, some forgettable, but good. Overall the music in this CD was overall great, in fact I really don't think there was a single song on this album that I would call bad or probably even mediocre. I like that their music mostly sounds like real instruments and doesn't abuse electronic sounds unlike many other bands out there. Overall, Bastille's first album was enjoyable and I look forward to see what they have in store for the future. My favorite tracks were "Pompeii", "Things We Lost in the Fire" and "Icarus" but most tracks are excellent. Expand
  7. Sep 25, 2016
    Pompeii:
    A fresh, kicking start into the album, going over the events of Pompeii and hiding a serious message into an upbeat song. Which is a good thing, mind.
    Things We Lost in the Fire: A solemn and graceful second track, talking about things fading away over time, like love, which is definitely one of the best tracks on the album. Bad Blood: A creepy and slow tempoed entry,
    Pompeii:

Things We Lost in the Fire:

Bad Blood:
    A creepy and slow tempoed entry, this is yet another song about the past and about starting anew, which takes brilliant effect.

Overjoyed:
    One of the songs showing lead singer Dan Smith's skilled piano-playing, this song is beautiful and talks about the power of the voice and words.

These Streets:
    This one talks about revisiting the past, and how strange it can be, while sporting a well done yet sometimes, yes SOMETIMES slightly forgettable melody.

Weight of Living, Pt. II
    This upbeat little song is about life, and how it can be hard, but aspiration can take off the weight of living.

Icarus:
    Bastille have taken the ancient Greek myth for inspiration, about how death can come so suddenly without expecting it.

Oblivion:
    Watchers of Vampire Diaries will know this one. Another one about death, this one questions, "Are you going to age with grace?" It asks whether you want to live life to the fullest, or live quietly.

Flaws:
    This song tells us that no matter how hard we try to hide it, nobody's perfect. You may seem like it on the outside, but your flaws could be buried deep beneath the ground.

Daniel in the Den:
    Another song based on mythology, this one warns us who to trust and that anyone could be anyone. Another one showing Dan Smith's piano-playing.

Laura Palmer:
    The title is based of Twin Peaks' Laura Palmer, and has kept the same tone as the TV show, telling about love.

Get Home:
    This is another song reminiscing over the past, using repetition to very good effect.

Bastille's first album certainly has a theme, and develops on that, bringing the best it can, which is better than a lot of people can. Genius in a plastic case.
  8. Apr 7, 2014
    While the second half of the album felt boring and it has no theme to the entire album, Bad Blood is a fine, must-listen debut album of the promising indie British band, Bastille.
  9. Mar 4, 2013
    I think this is a pretty good album, kind of RnB-indie-pop, the melodies are great and songs have a rather epic sound. the one negative... the lyrics aren't that great but these are redeemed by the really well produced music.
  10. Mar 5, 2013
    A fine debut.

This album is all in all pretty good. From emotional soaring melodies such as 'Overjoyed' to quirky ballads such as 'Flaws' it brings an interesting sound to the table. I can't help but Bastille rather overplayed their hand in the lead-up to this album, on first listen I had already heard 6 of the 13 songs. It left it feeling more like a collection of singles than a
    A fine debut.

I can't help but Bastille rather overplayed their hand in the lead-up to this album, on first listen I had already heard 6 of the 13 songs. It left it feeling more like a collection of singles than a complete album. Perhaps some tracks should have been left as singles too as it feels like the album has tried to get to many different sounds into one space.

There are, however some excellent moments. 'Weight of living, Pt I' and 'These Streets' harp back to the original quirkiness and excellent melodies that first caught audience's attention in 'Flaws'. Some of the lyrics are a little bit bland or un-inventive which brings me to my final summary.

All in all this a a good, solid debut with soaring melodies and well crafted music to back it up. It is slightly let down by the fact it seems some-what unrefined for an album that was a fair while in the making. Very enjoyable.

1. For everything Smith lacks in wordsmithing, his bandmates make up for in straight up dramatic songwriting.
    There’s nothing inherently wrong with this too-many-feelings, heart-on-your-sleeve approach; it’s just that, played out over the course of an entire album (or on the airwaves, over the course of several years), the whole thing starts to feel a bit contrived.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    Lyrics are corny and sometimes funny.