Bad Vibes - Shlohmo
8.8

Review this album

1. Apr 22, 2013
    One of the top electronic/downtempo albums in the last few years. I have a hard time believing this album will ever get a bad review, it is simply a work of art. Very few albums can actually take me on a journey and develop emotional themes and places in my head like this album.
    "Places" does an incredible job at basically letting you catch glimpse or reliving the entire album in that
    5:02 while still maintaining it's own unique feel and character.
    The track "Parties" actually brought me down to earth after a night of partying (go figure) too hard and not feeling right. It has to be one of the most relaxed tracks on the album and I can't think of another actual song that is so therapeutic and makes me feel good on top of being an incredible song.
    The track "Your Stupid Face" puts me in the setting of a forest, where an idle spirit awakes, both literally or metaphorically for the spirit inside of you. Lastly "Seriously" is just a perfect dark blue song, someone looking out a window on a rainy day, halfway through you take a step outside, you can no longer hear the rain, you feel it. Not to mention all the awesome warm crackles, the perfect blend or real instrument, makeshift noises and vocals all throughout the album. A must have for anyone who dips their fingers in electronic/downtempo music.

1. Aug 22, 2011
    Shlohmo's "debut" LP arrives slightly bloated due to its own blind ambition, and might require a few taps of the skip button for a more rewarding listen.
  2. Aug 22, 2011
    It's another triumph for Friends of Friends, and it's a breakthrough for a young producer finally emerging with an individual and inventive style previously only hinted at.
  3. Aug 22, 2011
    Processed guitars and keyboards, wordless
vocals, and muted beats blend into a pastel wash of sound, as shifting patterns hint at familiar styles without assuming a clear shape.