Bangerz - Miley Cyrus
6.1

Review this album

1. Oct 8, 2013
    It adds nothing new to the genre. Some beats are okay but the lyrics in general are laughable. I am losing faith in humanity if songs like "Wrecking Ball" and "We Cant Stop" have more than one hundred million clicks on Youtube.
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Miley Cyrus is back with a new image and a new sound but the results are strange. Cyrus' new outing Bangerz is mess and rather strange the vocals are overproduced and the lyrics are goofy at best. This album may seem to be an all typical mainstream album but not all of this album is some of the songs do sound rather different and somewhat refreshing. The production of the album is messy as well some songs have a glossy, nice Hollywood sound (pretty strings and slick and gritty synths) to them whilst others sound incredibly cheap and dated. Speaking of songs, some songs aren't bad and but some are really bad (SMS (Bangerz) being the worst track). Overall, this album isn't very good Miley Cyrus fans and pop music fans with like this but it will come off as mediocre to others. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    I can't understand why she is acting so just to have a few weeks of fame. Since the video of We Can't stop she does everything for the attention. Honestly, the songs are crappy and with no meaning. The lyrics don't mean anything at all. "LA da da di we like to party dancing with miley" Seriously? Garbage. Burn it!
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    I actually can't stand Miley as a person, but I gave the album a chance. Some of the songs were just "okay" but others are so bad they sound like something anyone with Fruity Studios could make!
    People giving this a 10 are definitely trolls.
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    People giving this a 10 are definitely trolls.
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    Mediocre at best. All this untalented girl wants is attention, and everyone is giving her that. Her songs are weak, her performances are miserable, basically she's almost as bad as Rhianna.
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    Bad and catastrophic, as a young man can be damaged this way.
    Miley composed with a lot of guys, and made an album of very poor quality. A little more ATTENTION PLEASE
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    Not her best album. The only track that surprised was "Wrecking Ball", without that, I'd delete like 10 tracks from Bangerz before buying it, if I ever could.
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    This is one of the worst pop albums ever made. It brings nothing new to the table. The production is weak, the lyrics are laughable, the guest features don't do anything, the delivery sucks, the tracks are overly proccessed and full of Auto-Tune, there's no redeeming quality to it. Miley's another untalented former kid star trying to rebel and make people take her seriously. If you take away all of the desperate publicity stunts and attention-seeking behavior, all you have is a pile of forgettable turd that fails at trying to be edgy and brings the quality of music down another low. The fact that anyone with a brain would like this is scary because there's nothing good about it. Expand
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    I found the music on this album to be banal and completely unmemorable, this album seems like its only purpose is for Miley to shed her "wholesome Disney star" image.
  11. Oct 12, 2013
    This album is absolutely contrived and manufactured. This album was just as much produced and written by a bunch of staunchy old white men sitting in a board room as it was by Miley's production team. There are absolutely no chances taken on this album. Every cliche pop music move was put into this album in full. When things like this come through the pipeline you have to ask a few questions. There have been other pop projects that have come down the pipe in recent years that are just as polished and spit shined and totally devoid of art as this one. The last Lady Gaga projects for example just as much cliche and non real risk taking as this one but here's the difference, Lady Gaga or better yet her handlers pick better written songs and she can actually sing her ass off and that is the reason her projects will probably be remembered for much longer than Miley's. She must be absolutely surrounded with people that do nothing but tell her everything she does is great. This album is just as much created in a test tube by disney types with just as little soul as was given to her in the disney lab. People need to wake up and demand that thier artist actually create art of this decade will be just as unremarkable for music as the last decade. Demand better of the industry....... Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    The new generation is terrible. The only things they like are fortune and fame. It's just like diamonds. IN Albums like this offer no progress to music.
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    As an album all about Youth, Love, and Rebellion, Bangerz has a lot of missed potential. The ballad-esque tracks "Adore You" and "Wrecking Ball" show some of Miley's more human side, while tracks like "Love Money Party", "Do My Thang", "FU" (and a myriad of others) show that Miley has a long way to go before she musically matures. Some tracks like "4x4" or, more debatable, "SMS (Bangerz)" are fun as long as you don't take them too seriously. Miley's voice is her greatest asset, bringing both power and contemporary country twang in a few of her tracks. "Drive" is a simple, yet listenable, track that captures her voice well (albeit being very "produced").

Ultimately, Bangerz isn't a total failure. There is good sprinkled in this album, but had Miley and her collaborators spent less time trying to force this whole "bad girl" image and instead continued working in the direction of "Wrecking Ball" and "Adore you" then it could have soared higher. Hopefully her future albums sincerely encompass her eccentric youthfulness and rebellion, while also tackling those topics with more maturity.
  14. Oct 17, 2013
    Man, I don't know what she was thinking when she made this album, like, it is a mess and a failed attempt to be mainstream. The only song that is a least good is "We Can't Stop" although the lyrics are really really bad... I WANNA SEE THE REAL MILEY!!
  15. Feb 2, 2014
    This album is tricky to rate. Some tracks here can be considered good (Adore You, Wrecking Ball) or at least okay (Someone Else); others are boring and forgettable (Drive) or even incredibly annoying (4x4).

I believe the best word to describe this album is 'Average'. Maybe also a bit below that.
  16. Nov 1, 2013
    This album really could have been better. In all honesty this is not the style she should go with. She isn't a good rapper (or singer for that matter). The songs are generally boring. The album artwork is bland and boring. Let's start by saying she can't sing very well that's why she probably needs the sex appeal to drag people in (i.e. Rihanna, Britney Spears,).

Adore You: Is good
    lyrics but vocals/production on the song were bad/boring. It does have lyrically meaning though but no wear near the best ballad of the year. (3/5)

We Can't Stop: Is boring still, terrible lyrics, vocals, and production. (1.5/5)

SMS (BANGERZ): Is a fun track if you like pop could've done more especially with the addition of Britney Spears, but the song is still okay. (4.5/5)

4x4: Is completely terrible nothing good whatsoever (0/5) that is the second time I've ever given a song a 0 the first is Rebecca Black "Fryday".

My Darlin': Is a pretty bland and boring ballad featuring the addition of more terrible vocals from Future. The lyrics are okay but nothing else. (2/5)

Wrecking Ball: Is probably the only good ballad on this album. Good lyrics, production, edited vocals, catchy. (4/5)

Love Money Party: This is one of the very few songs to hear if you like urban music. Decent vocals, good verse from Big Sean, catchy, fun, but also unoriginal and pointless lyrics. (4/5)

#GETITRIGHT: Is pretty good production and okay lyrics but not much to keep someone listening past 20 seconds. (2.5/5)

Drive: Is a try-hard song wanting to make everyone stop and listening, but you only get about 1 minute in. The production is overdone, the lyrics are good, the vocals are bad, it's somewhat catchy. (3/5)

FU: Here we go something interesting on the album. The song sounds generally good probably on of the top 5 on this album. The production is good and simple, good fun lyrics, they have edited her vocals clearly but in a good way, its catchy especially the chorus. (4.5/5)

Do My Thang: I was starting to believe will.I.am produced boring songs that weren't interesting (i.e. Check It Out, #ThatPower, Fall Down). The production on this song is absolutely amazing, enough to actually be a BANGER. The lyrics are retarded but at the same time interesting. Decent vocals. Catchy, fun, and dare I say a little original. (4.5/5)

Maybe You're Right: This song was produced by John Shanks (i.e. Scars, My Heart Beats for Love, Stay). The production is solid and the lyrics are good. That's about it though the vocals are annoying. It's not catchy and/or creative. (3/5)

Someone Else: Like "Drive" this is also a try-hard song, but does a better job at it with better production, lyrics, and vocals. It's catch and fun. (4/5)

Rooting for My Baby: Is okay nothing special it's not bad but it's not good. Decent lyrics, boring vocals, okay production, not that catchy. (3/5)

On My Own: Is pretty good same as "Rooting for My Baby" though. (3/5)

Hands in the Air: If there's any song on the album to hear, it's going to be this one. Perfect productions, okay vocals, probably one of the best rap verses in a good minute. The lyrics are beautiful. It's catchy, fun, and might have actually hit #1 on Billboard without a music video or Miley getting naked and doing trashy things. Ludacris had a perfect verse with actual meaning. (5/5)

Top Tracks: SMS, Love Money Party, FU, Wrecking Ball, Do My Thang, Someone Else.
    Worst Tracks: 4x4, #GETITRIGHT, We Can't Stop, My Darlin'.
    Best Track: Hands In The Air
  17. Oct 25, 2013
    Ignoring Miley's "new image" this album just feels forced. She doesn't sound comfortable rapping and her trying to be "bad-ass" just makes this whole album kind of pathetic. This album adds nothing new to pop music, everything on this album has already been done before. Not very likable, doesn't sound all that great (Miley's southern "twang" in her voice makes some sound completely awkward) and a complete re-hash of things that have already been done. We get it, Miley. You're not Hannah Montana anymore. But completely alienating your fan base in order to promote this...then it's just not all that good...it's gonna be hard to come back from this disaster. Collapse
  18. May 25, 2014
    This album was really unappealing. I really struggled to listen to every track on the album without skipping to the next. The "Mike Will Made It" mantra got irritating after a while, since you hear it throughout a majority of the album. Of an entire 30 minutes (or however long the album was) Wrecking Ball and We Can't Stop are the only 2 decent track, despite them being overplayed. "Scissorz" would have been a better title, for there was nothing about it that "Bangz" Expand
  19. AGK
    Jan 2, 2014
    I might not like her music but she's pretty smart, she moved on from being a child's entertainer and now look where she is, she is being hated on by hannah montana fans and others and she is making more money. she might be a terrible singer but she's smart.
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    On the follow-up to 2010's 'Can't Be Tamed', Cyrus is able to portray to listeners the fact that she has obviously left behind her Disney Channel image for a more provocative and post-adolescent image; which is in some ways mature and in other ways immature. 'Bangerz' has some strong moments: "We Can't Stop", "Wrecking Ball", "#GetItRight", "FU", and "Someone Else" are album highlights; however songs like the country-rap disaster "4x4" and the pop rap mess "SMS (Bangerz)" show that Cyrus' vocal talent is still developing and that she is obviously still trying to find the right sound.

'Bangerz', as expected, contains a lot of upbeat hip-pop tracks that at times are great but at times extremely annoying; but also contains some slower ballads that again are at times great but at times very cheesy and milquetoast. It would be nice to say that songs like the galloping, banging, dub-pop-hop masterpiece "FU" and the super-fun single "We Can't Stop" make up for the album's more lackluster tracks; but after listening to 'Bangerz' in its entirety; the bad largely overshadows the good. In conclusion, 'Bangerz' is nowhere near a good album but its not horrible either. 'Bangerz' probably contains enough hits to keep Cyrus musically relevant until the end of its album cycle, but the majority of its sixteen tracks quickly become tiresome and forgettable.
  21. Nov 4, 2013
    The only reason this album is talked about is the fact that she does provocative things. The only song i can use is Sms Bangerz due to the Britney collaboration.
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    Few listenable songs. Each song is similar to another. Predictable lyrics. We can all admit that she is just a singer who can only release two good singles. The rest of the album is trashy
  23. Dec 13, 2013
    How many changes is up to a Miley Cyrus for a hit? Miley is the perfect way to see that #1 is NOT all that matters. She was a gorgeous and cute teenage girl, but now, just an attwh*re.
    Sincerely, Party In The U.S.A. is better than this whole album.
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    I think this album could have been better. Save a few really good songs, what remains is a wannabe rapper. To me, you did not come as a wrecking ball, because even with all marketing strategy, you are unable to have an excellent performance with his album, which means it really is not good! I love you Miley, but not this time!
  25. Dec 27, 2013
    Este disco realmente no me provoca nada, debería de ser usado como metodo de tortura... Tiene los peores videos del año y las canciones ni siquiera se te quedan en la cabeza.
  26. Feb 16, 2014
    This album is not what she used to produce and in fact nothing close to that. Miley has changed, which is fine, however not in the way people would have expected. Overall not great.
  27. Apr 15, 2014
    Most of the songs were quite boring and Dunbar. There were a few ones I did like such as adore you, we can't stop and wrecking ball. Aside from that it was useless garbage
  28. May 20, 2014
    How can someone do an album like that? It's just... horrible. The album sounds like **** I Thout she was going to do somehting amazing, and she did the worst of her career.

1. Oct 24, 2013
    We get a record that is surprisingly dull, which alternates between syrupy, unremarkable ballads and uptempo tracks that sound like they’ve been assembled by a committee of consultants.
    It's full of timid electropop anthems.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    Sometimes, like on the outstanding "Wrecking Ball," the emotion calcifies into catchy, mature hooks, propelled forth by Cyrus' oft-underestimated vocal heft. Then again, the breakup also produced "FU," a dismally adolescent electro-soul duet with French Montana.