• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
6.4

Review this album

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Bangerz is an amazing cd arrangements, melodies lyrics definitely best album POP 2013 independende extravagance of Miley Miley knew that with the anticipated launchings of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry this would be a year very hard for a singer targeted by the public showing a teen getting mature work and earn the spotlight all she is doing is attacking people for the people to giveBangerz is an amazing cd arrangements, melodies lyrics definitely best album POP 2013 independende extravagance of Miley Miley knew that with the anticipated launchings of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry this would be a year very hard for a singer targeted by the public showing a teen getting mature work and earn the spotlight all she is doing is attacking people for the people to give attention to her and she can show she is a complete artist are not hypocrites n if she did all this fuss for sure Bangerz be heard but not receive due recognition see the latest albums of Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato If Madonna was certainly starting today you guys would be here saying the same thing after all she simulated masturbation on the counter kissed a Jesus black mouth made ​​an erotic book among many other controversies The same people who venerate today certainly prevent the rise of the biggest female pop artist of all time The most ironic of all this is to criticize criticize and criticize and have to admit that she is talented Miley still going too far Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2015
    Except for the internationally known single 'Wrecking Ball' this album tends to entrap the listener in a lyrically trashy and musically boring slow hip-hop style.

The buzz which characterizes 'Bangerz' could be fun, but it ends to be really annoying.
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    A mature catchy album that will surely be one of her best efforts to date. Her publicity stints may be distracting but it's the album that deserves all the buzz.
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    As an album all about Youth, Love, and Rebellion, Bangerz has a lot of missed potential. The ballad-esque tracks "Adore You" and "Wrecking Ball" show some of Miley's more human side, while tracks like "Love Money Party", "Do My Thang", "FU" (and a myriad of others) show that Miley has a long way to go before she musically matures. Some tracks like "4x4" or, more debatable, "SMS (Bangerz)"As an album all about Youth, Love, and Rebellion, Bangerz has a lot of missed potential. The ballad-esque tracks "Adore You" and "Wrecking Ball" show some of Miley's more human side, while tracks like "Love Money Party", "Do My Thang", "FU" (and a myriad of others) show that Miley has a long way to go before she musically matures. Some tracks like "4x4" or, more debatable, "SMS (Bangerz)" are fun as long as you don't take them too seriously. Miley's voice is her greatest asset, bringing both power and contemporary country twang in a few of her tracks. "Drive" is a simple, yet listenable, track that captures her voice well (albeit being very "produced").

Ultimately, Bangerz isn't a total failure. There is good sprinkled in this album, but had Miley and her collaborators spent less time trying to force this whole "bad girl" image and instead continued working in the direction of "Wrecking Ball" and "Adore you" then it could have soared higher. Hopefully her future albums sincerely encompass her eccentric youthfulness and rebellion, while also tackling those topics with more maturity.
  5. Oct 26, 2013
    BANGERZ is the ultimate pop craze for those who embrace multi-genre crossovers. The album has 16 tracks on it and at least 14/16 are pure perfection. Lyrically, it comes to prove Cyrus' maturity, while musically its versatile production and writing show a clear evolution in the pop star's artistry.

Clear masterpieces on the album include ballads "Adore You" and "Wrecking Ball" and also rock-y tunes like "Drive" or "Someone Else" and also r&b-influenced "Rooting for My Baby" or "FU".

6. Oct 24, 2013
    This is the reborn of Miley Cyrus and she did it all too well! She wanted to leave the Hannah Montana image in the past and now she's trying "new" things. With this album she let us know she's not like their contemporaries Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, she's better than they. With the anticipation of her single "We Can't Stop" Cyrus made clear they more-mature image. We should admit she'sThis is the reborn of Miley Cyrus and she did it all too well! She wanted to leave the Hannah Montana image in the past and now she's trying "new" things. With this album she let us know she's not like their contemporaries Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, she's better than they. With the anticipation of her single "We Can't Stop" Cyrus made clear they more-mature image. We should admit she's trying to "rap", but she's doing wrong. Songs like "FU", "Drive" and "4x4" have the potential to be a very good singles, even she can compete with more mature artist like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry in the charts. Expand
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Bangerz is the Teenage Dream (Katy Perry, 2010) of 2013. A masterfully crafted pop album, Bangerz brings out the finest in teenage pop. From start to end, Miley Cyrus offers the listener a mix of powerful synths, beats, and vocals. We Can’t Stop You is the club banger of the album, while other outstanding upbeat tracks like SMS (Bangerz) and Love Money Party keep the energy pumping.Bangerz is the Teenage Dream (Katy Perry, 2010) of 2013. A masterfully crafted pop album, Bangerz brings out the finest in teenage pop. From start to end, Miley Cyrus offers the listener a mix of powerful synths, beats, and vocals. We Can’t Stop You is the club banger of the album, while other outstanding upbeat tracks like SMS (Bangerz) and Love Money Party keep the energy pumping. Bangerz is an album written with songs perfectly suited to Miley’s southern accent, as each song manages to bring out the best in Miley’s vocals. The tune in 4x4 works to Miley’s vocal advantage, while the smooth vocal flows in My Darlin’ gels Future’s and Miley’s vocals into a beautiful synthesis. In areas where Miley’s vocals are found wanting, background vocals and instrumentals are brought in to fill in the gaps. Wrecking Ball, the masterpiece of this album, is the epitome of such musical engineering. The chorus hits strongly with an opening powered by drums, while the ending chorus, enriched by a swathe of background vocalists, ends with a climatic peak at the words ‘blazing’ in the line ‘left me crouching in a blazing fall’. While haters may use this exact statement to argue that Bangerz is a product of business rather than art, I argue that good music regardless of its source of success is good music. The merits of Bangerz cannot be ignored.

However, while the first half of the album, if taken on its own, is easily a 10-point worthy record, the second half dies down in its sophistication. Perhaps the greatest barrier to perfection for Bangerz, then, is that it is ultimately a teenage pop album, and the extent to which this genre can move, provoke, and inspire is limited. Nevertheless, Bangerz is definitely worth a listen. With its huge popularity and controversy, I would not be surprised if Miley lands major Grammy nominations with this outstanding record.
  8. Oct 15, 2013
    for one, this is way better than the Can't Be Tamed record she did. Way better. as with almost all pop tarts there is, i find the music change almost expected. It did pay off for working with such writers and producers by the way.

im just not sure about the variety of music she offers. but it sounds fresh on her track lists. We know she cant sing the way Christina Aguilera or Alicia

We know she cant sing the way Christina Aguilera or Alicia Keys does but the arrangements somehow did justice to what voice quality she has.

bottom line is, she is misunderstood. i just wish she can transcend that to be more than just a joke.
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    The feats damaged some songs like My Darlin, overall, the album is generic and very cartoonish, but not all bad, have good songs, especially Wrecking Ball which is the best music made by Miley. As a whole, Bangerz disappointed to have good singles and give us the idea that we could expect something really big, but still has a picture of a singer who wants to do everything to stay in theThe feats damaged some songs like My Darlin, overall, the album is generic and very cartoonish, but not all bad, have good songs, especially Wrecking Ball which is the best music made by Miley. As a whole, Bangerz disappointed to have good singles and give us the idea that we could expect something really big, but still has a picture of a singer who wants to do everything to stay in the spotlight without doing songs with a depth and resonance striking. I hope that she finds her personality and her music style. Expand
  10. Oct 23, 2013
    Brilliant! Her best album to date, and i'm not a fan of Miley but I have to admit it. "Adore You", "We Can't Stop", "Wrecking Ball", "#GETITRIGHT", "Do My Thang", "Someone Else" and "Rooting For My Baby" are definitely the higlights of the album.
  11. Oct 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bangerz is an amazing album. It's an very beautiful gift for SMILERS. All the tracks are amazing
    Adore You, Drive, Wrecking Ball Is very power full Ballad.
    All the collobs. are amazing. My Darlin' Love, Money, Party, Hands In The Air, 4x4, SMS(Bangerz) are loveable.
    Her rapping skills are amazing in love, money, party, and Do My Thang
    Maybe you're right, On My Own, Someone Else, Rooting for My Baby are also gr8.
    In FU(feat. French Montana) Cyrus's Vocal are amazing.
    Drive is power full Ballad.. Hope She makes it her 3rd Single
    Overall It's a Best album 10/10
  12. Oct 28, 2014
    The only reason that people hate her is because she used to be a Disney princess, forget what Miley uesd to be, and take this album as a first album of an new artist, you will find this album amazing.
  13. Dec 16, 2014
    One of the best Miley, the songs may not be the best, but her vocals on this album are great, worthy of being heard by all.
    Highlights: Someone Else and Drive
    Lows: My Darlin 'and Maybe You're Rigth
  14. Dec 31, 2014
    It's an odd phenomenon that people choose to let someone's image affect how they feel about their music. Say what you want about Miley Cyrus's venture into "adult pop" - making this her first explicit record and her most sexually charged lyrically - Bangerz manages to transform Cyrus from just another tween star to a headliner worthy of being on the same ranks as Rihanna, Katy Perry, andIt's an odd phenomenon that people choose to let someone's image affect how they feel about their music. Say what you want about Miley Cyrus's venture into "adult pop" - making this her first explicit record and her most sexually charged lyrically - Bangerz manages to transform Cyrus from just another tween star to a headliner worthy of being on the same ranks as Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Christina Aguilera. What Bangerz gets right is capturing the heartbreak, triumph, loss, success and failure of a larger than life celebrity thrust into the spotlight by the powerful Disney machine. 'Bangerz' often plays out like a storybook, transitioning from pop-y, light, syrupy ballads (Adore You, My Darlin') to angsty, screw you anthems directed (presumably) at her ex-fiance (FU, Drive, Wrecking Ball) and ending with the revealing "Someone Else". And Cyrus is right, she has turned into 'someone else', a visionary and pop powerhouse we'd never seen before under the restraints of her Disney label 'Hollywood Records'. What makes this album so special is that all its faults are what make it good. The lyrics sound like they're written by a 21 year old. The beats all has style and substance. The visuals all feel raw, as those of a young woman finding herself. What Cyrus does with Bangerz is what Aguilera did with Stripped a decade prior - pour her heart, confusion, anger, and soul into a highly stylized record that deliberately plays off the artists strengths and weaknesses to an equal degree, making this one of the few records that feel and sound like the artists own vision rather than the label produced offerings many artists in Cyrus's genre put out. Expand
  15. Oct 9, 2013
    perfect, best album of tge worldddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  16. Oct 12, 2013
    This album is absolutely contrived and manufactured. This album was just as much produced and written by a bunch of staunchy old white men sitting in a board room as it was by Miley's production team. There are absolutely no chances taken on this album. Every cliche pop music move was put into this album in full. When things like this come through the pipeline you have to ask a fewThis album is absolutely contrived and manufactured. This album was just as much produced and written by a bunch of staunchy old white men sitting in a board room as it was by Miley's production team. There are absolutely no chances taken on this album. Every cliche pop music move was put into this album in full. When things like this come through the pipeline you have to ask a few questions. There have been other pop projects that have come down the pipe in recent years that are just as polished and spit shined and totally devoid of art as this one. The last Lady Gaga projects for example just as much cliche and non real risk taking as this one but here's the difference, Lady Gaga or better yet her handlers pick better written songs and she can actually sing her ass off and that is the reason her projects will probably be remembered for much longer than Miley's. She must be absolutely surrounded with people that do nothing but tell her everything she does is great. This album is just as much created in a test tube by disney types with just as little soul as was given to her in the disney lab. People need to wake up and demand that thier artist actually create art of this decade will be just as unremarkable for music as the last decade. Demand better of the industry....... Expand
  17. Nov 17, 2013
    The new generation is terrible. The only things they like are fortune and fame. It's just like diamonds. IN Albums like this offer no progress to music.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    Miley Cyrus is back with a new image and a new sound but the results are strange. Cyrus' new outing Bangerz is mess and rather strange the vocals are overproduced and the lyrics are goofy at best. This album may seem to be an all typical mainstream album but not all of this album is some of the songs do sound rather different and somewhat refreshing. The production of the album is messyMiley Cyrus is back with a new image and a new sound but the results are strange. Cyrus' new outing Bangerz is mess and rather strange the vocals are overproduced and the lyrics are goofy at best. This album may seem to be an all typical mainstream album but not all of this album is some of the songs do sound rather different and somewhat refreshing. The production of the album is messy as well some songs have a glossy, nice Hollywood sound (pretty strings and slick and gritty synths) to them whilst others sound incredibly cheap and dated. Speaking of songs, some songs aren't bad and but some are really bad (SMS (Bangerz) being the worst track). Overall, this album isn't very good Miley Cyrus fans and pop music fans with like this but it will come off as mediocre to others. Expand
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    Cyrus want to find herself. I don't like her new attitude but I have to admit... the album sounds very good. Some songs are powerful and some sounds unnecessary (SMS). Anyway, she can be better and she is in the right way.
  20. Oct 15, 2013
    I found the music on this album to be banal and completely unmemorable, this album seems like its only purpose is for Miley to shed her "wholesome Disney star" image.
  21. Oct 19, 2013
    This is one of the best albums of 2013. Bangerz has smash hits like "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball" amongst the best songs released this year. The album is a mix of Pop/rap and country. John Shanks is also back with writing credits on one of the best ballads "Maybe You're Right". And let's not forget Dr.Luke who made PARTY IN THE USA back in 2009.
    The album is amazing and won't
    The album is amazing and won't disappoint you!
  22. Oct 9, 2013
    Miley Cyrus' new studio album, that can be considered her debut by many of her fans (due to the fact that there is a huge creative growth and music shift), 'Bangerz' is nothing more than a fabulous pop extravaganza. Whether you like Cyrus or not, it's impossible to deny her outstanding vocal talent.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    Miley Cyrus, just saying the name makes you think of the words "tweak" and "foam finger" and if you don't know what I'm talking about, just watch this year's Video Music Awards on MTV and you'll get the idea. But we all have to remember that Cyrus can sing, the former Disney star releases her coming out album that she is grown up and she's gonna do whatever she wants. "Bangerz" is an albumMiley Cyrus, just saying the name makes you think of the words "tweak" and "foam finger" and if you don't know what I'm talking about, just watch this year's Video Music Awards on MTV and you'll get the idea. But we all have to remember that Cyrus can sing, the former Disney star releases her coming out album that she is grown up and she's gonna do whatever she wants. "Bangerz" is an album that at first listen you hate, but as you get the idea and listen again, you get what Cyrus is doing here. As an album "Bangerz" is good and better than I thought, but it won't appeal to everyone and it has some really bad song. The opening song "Adore You" is so heartfelt, true, and honest, it's also a showcase for Cyrus's vocals. Next it continues on with "We Can't Stop" and moves on with more tunes you'll be surprised are different from other music, and that I can appreciate. Cyrus goes by her own style and avoids conventional pop music, and Cyrus really shines with songs like "Wrecking Ball" and of course "Adore You" but she also stumbles on songs like "SMS (Bangerz)" and "Love Money Party" that it reminds you that Miley may be taking some Molly (Hope you get the Pun). The album is decently paced at around 50 minutes and only feels slow on the forgettable duet with Future "My Darlin'" which feels unnecessary and I wished it was cut out. Certain songs like "Do My Thang", "Get it Right", and "4x4" all sound fun, catchy, and helps you get use to Miley's behavior. Some things I wished weren't here are the parts where Miley raps, please don't it sounds laughable. Also this album is tonally all over the place, it seems like this album is trying to be everything and sometimes it doesn't work. The album won't appeal to everyone, parent's will certainly hate this album. But in the end this album does prove many things, but one of them is that Hannah Montana is officially dead. Expand
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    Adorei o álbum, com certeza o melhor que ela já fez!! Cada musica que vai passando uma nova sensação que você vai sentindo, as vibrações são as melhores possíveis e a voz dela está maravilhosa!
    Miley está vindo e mostrando que quer encarar os grandes nomes da musica com esse cd, parabéns vc ganhou mais uma fã
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    The album is POP perfection, everything is perfect about it from the production to the lyrics...
    Miley & her team did a good job, FU, Do My Thang & drive are everything !!!
    I enjoyed it every minute i've been listening to it
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    The only reason that people hate her is because she used to be a Disney princess, this album is like Miley's mirror, we can see the real her on these amazing songs. Mix of hip hop, pop, r&b, and the most amazing thing is that she didn't forgot her roots by doing country on "4x4" with hip hop star "Nelly
  27. Oct 11, 2013
    Bangerz is a disillusioned collection of pop and hip-hop tracks that seems like a jumble and a mess. Though Miley's voice shines through on some tracks, most are unoriginal pop and run-of-the-mill.
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    It adds nothing new to the genre. Some beats are okay but the lyrics in general are laughable. I am losing faith in humanity if songs like "Wrecking Ball" and "We Cant Stop" have more than one hundred million clicks on Youtube.
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    The album is really very good I dont understand why many do not accept it. The album is more mature, and by far the best of it! People are judging the artist, not the album!
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    Bangerz um CD perfeito com músicas de todos os estilos! Nele Miley prova que realmente está num patamar maior que as lixos da mamutona e da megamente, Miley resto da Disney. Beijocas gente
    um beijo exclusivo pra diva, allan, trix, junior bff, quione, felipe, todos os gabrieis, britta e luis e pro povo do fixo
    xau

1. Oct 24, 2013
    We get a record that is surprisingly dull, which alternates between syrupy, unremarkable ballads and uptempo tracks that sound like they’ve been assembled by a committee of consultants.
    It's full of timid electropop anthems.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    Sometimes, like on the outstanding "Wrecking Ball," the emotion calcifies into catchy, mature hooks, propelled forth by Cyrus' oft-underestimated vocal heft. Then again, the breakup also produced "FU," a dismally adolescent electro-soul duet with French Montana.