• Record Label: Sony

Aug 30, 2004
    Perfection!
  2. VishD
    Oct 10, 2004
    Shocking album, perfect lyrical content...sweet vibes all the way through. Overall, this album is really quite amazing.
  3. NseE
    Dec 15, 2004
    Not as great as her debut in my opinion, but still a brilliant and outstanding cd. Lyrically, she is still up there as is evident on the superb 'Cross my mind' and 'Family reunion'. Other standouts are 'Rasool', the semi-operatic 'Still there', 'Whatever', the jazzy 'Talk to me', 'Bedda at home' and 'Golden'. Not as great as her debut in my opinion, but still a brilliant and outstanding cd. Lyrically, she is still up there as is evident on the superb 'Cross my mind' and 'Family reunion'. Other standouts are 'Rasool', the semi-operatic 'Still there', 'Whatever', the jazzy 'Talk to me', 'Bedda at home' and 'Golden'. Classy, joyous, soulful! Expand
  4. TJefferson
    Aug 30, 2004
    Forgive the length, but this is a statement by an artist worthy of the praise. This poet's work elevates lyrical music, her performance reaffirms the power of the human voice. If Aretha Franklin and Joni Mitchell and Abbey Lincoln and Ricki Lee Jones and Minnie Riperton had a love child, she would be Jill Scott. Soul music has its singer-songwriter for the modern age.
    Sep 1, 2004
    Splendid album!! magical to say the least!
  6. VanessaV
    Sep 17, 2004
    It's real relaxing. She displays such a mellow madness with her style.
  7. RyanC
    Sep 1, 2004
    After vol 1, I figured it was impossible to make another album that great, but she did. These days, I have just been so disappointed with music and artists these days, but she delivered with a beautiful album full of feeling. a must have.
  8. BridgetJ
    Sep 17, 2004
    I don't know if it is too early to say vintage Jill Scott with this being only her second album... but I'll say it anway, VINTAGE JILL SCOTT!!!!!
  9. LarryO
    Sep 7, 2004
    HOT the cd is HOT I was wondering how she would do it again but she did Again. All i can say is the cd is Hot.
  10. FA
    Sep 16, 2004
    I'm still sitting, can't wake up
  11. MarkR
    Sep 7, 2004
    This is as good as it gets! Jill Scott is something special.

1. Though not every track works, Scott still remains at the top of her game.
    She's both deeply personal and relevantly dope, thriving where poetry slams and hip hop beats collide. [Sep 2004, p.231]
  3. Though it sags a bit over the course of 72 minutes, the effect is that of being sung to privately by a vocalist who has mastered the art of intimacy.