Beyoncé - Beyonce
8.4

Review this album

1. Dec 19, 2013
    this album has been vastly overhyped in every possible way.she used a really clever market strategy to sell this product ..kudos 4 this she has a great team behind her..About the music she's experimenting a little more than her usual standards here but the fact that this record has a media of 85/100 on here is totally laughable ..with all the new alternative R&B movement coming out( the weeknd, frank ocean, miguel, janelle monae, etc) beyonce wanted to keep up with the new trends( miguel and ocean actually wrote some tracks in this album)but at the same time she wanted to sell to the rihanna's and miley's markets.The result is a mediocre record with an over sexualized beyonce talking about blow jobs and about having sex with her husband in every possible way for at least 8 songs in the project ,all expressed with DREADFUL lyrics..like everyone could write those lyrics..really terrible! and her fake feminist ANTHEM inserted here, the sequel of indepedent women and single ladies is actually worse than the previous attempts.. that bow down verse inserted in a song with an actual speech made by a real feminist makes everything worse..( actually that verse was the original part of the song the speech was added later because she received a lot of criticism so she decided to insert a real feminist speech to try to make the track sound more feminist and improve it but it didn't happen) Expand
  2. Dec 21, 2013
    In the end, it's just another Beyonce album. Produced without flaws, sung without issues. It's perfectly boring and completely uninspiring; there were far better pieces of music released this year, but then again, none of them were by Beyonce.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    I am not a hater, in fact I am a fan of Beyoncé since the beginning but I am sorry this album is so over rated There is no smash hit on it Not one single will make this album sell and I doubt it will sell more than her previous albums. 4 did not have a smash hit. Maybe End of Time would have been one but hey she never released it. 4 was her least sold album. This one, being very different from 4, is the same no smash hit, just a VERY FEW okay songs. She teased us with Grown Woman and Standing on the Sun which were very promising but they were wasted, leaked, never released and in the end scrapped from the album.

Making a visual album is visionary and a first from a star of this magnitude but the videos themselves are overall boring. Pretty Hurts, Blow, Haunted, Xo and Heaven are good videos but the rest is garbage, vacation videos, street and hookers videos This album and especially the videos are over sexualized. Beyoncé's always been a classy diva. She never had to show her ass to succeed and that is what made her better than star skanks like Rihanna or Miley who show their asses on a daily basis. This is beneath Beyoncé. Why does she feel threatened by those skanks She was aggressive towards them in BOW DOWN and that is why people reacted so badly to the song Beyoncé, the classy Queen, can't and shouldn't be affected by them and this attitude isn't like the Beyoncé we came to know and love throughout her long and successful career. If feel like she is loosing herself and I am scared for the future.
  4. Jan 6, 2014
    Not impressed by this album at all. Every song is boring and unoriginal. I don't see a single hit song on this album. The only song I did like was "BLOW" which can't be played on the radio.
  5. Dec 27, 2013
    Now that that faux shock has worn off, this album is garbage. Luckily, with the top producers like The Dream, Timbaland, Pharell, etc. It's easy to overshadow the mediocrity and nursery rhymed lyrics, but it's still not enough to make this a solid album. Beyonce is not one of those artists known for originality, being innovative, or creative, and while I'll give credit that she tried to do something different, this is a no go. The novelty has definitely worn off, and won't be one of those albums that'll be played for years to come. But hey, since this generation is obsessed with videos, I guess you can look forward to that. Because clearly the material isn't good enough to stand on its own without visual imagery. Expand
  6. Jan 4, 2014
    Intresting way to promote a production but lets be honest, we can not say the same about music. Just repetitive black-female power with hi-cost production from Beyoncé, nothing revolutionary or even well-writtened. Mainstream can do incredible stuff, but not when your resource for doing it is your previous musical failures merchandasing succes for having a fenomenal production. I really think Beyoncé biggest participation in this LP is her name at the cover. (sorry for ortography, im mexican) Expand
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    Esperava um álbum muito melhor da Beyoncé, e ela lança este comprimido para dormir. Senti falta de músicas dançantes, há algumas músicas boas mas o resto não se aproveita. A melhor coisa do álbum mesmo o conceito.
  8. Feb 27, 2014
    THIS IS THE WORSE ALBUM OF BEYONCÉ, WITHOUT THE WOOOOOOOOOOW THAT "4" AND I AM SACHA FIRCE SHOWS THIS ALBUNS SHOW A BEYONCE MORE VULNERABLE AND BORING
  9. Feb 1, 2014
    all songs are the same. This album has no vision. is boring, tedious and not at all innovative. people like it because it's beyonce, if he had published another artist, no one would like.
  10. Jul 17, 2014
    OMG, this album sucks, is the same freaking kind of R&B, nothing change about influences or beats, it's all the same. Is so easy make money like this.
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    I was told to listen to it because ITS SOOO GOOOD apparently, no beyonce album has bored me like this one, overrated crap imo. Everyone has become complacent towards her and its obvious
  12. Feb 23, 2014
    A horrible album. I did not like any songs. The only decent song in this album was 'Drunk in Love', even then, it is average at best. Not a good album. This album fell below my expectations. Boo you, Beyonce.
  13. Mar 4, 2014
    Beyoncé's voice is good, it's indisputable... Bút I tried much to listen the full album. It's so hard to feel such tunes. I hope she will return to her before style "single ladies"
  14. Jun 15, 2014
    Ich hätte von beyonce ein besseres Album erwartet statt dieser Mainstream Electro-RnB, und Pop album......vorallem verstehe ich nicht wieso sie jetzt so viel Sex in dem Album hat, und einfach einen Feministischen vorwand dafür benutzt, sie hat es nicht nötig ihren Körper so billig zu präsentieren, sie ist nicht Miley, Rihanna oder Lady Gaga. Beyonce hat so viel mehr talent als die drei zusammen....aber sie hat anscheinend gemerkt das sich ihre alben nicht mehr so gut verkaufen, aber dan gleich auf Sexsells zu setzten???.......auch wenn einige Lieder gut produziert sind, so enttäuscht sie mich mit ihrem Album, das ist leider das bisher schlechteste von ihren 5 alben Expand
  15. Jun 20, 2014
    Mais uma prova de que nem tudo que a crítica aclama,é bom.
    Talvez esse 85 no Metacritc sejam pelas vendas,que sim,foram altas,mas não compraram a qualidade desse album.
    Continuo achando que I Am...Sasha Fierce é seu único bom album.

1. Feb 14, 2014
    At its dizzying zenith, Beyoncé is a loaded fusion of generosity and self-empowerment. or perhaps, more accurately, it finds self-empowerment in generosity.
  2. Feb 11, 2014
    It's this continued need to feed her multi-platinum beast that stops the album from being the post-modern wheeze it could have been. [Mar 2014, p.94]
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Though there are a million details about BEYONCÉ to examine--from the release strategy to the visual aspect and more--the strongest ideas are still found solely in the music. She addresses topics like beauty, body image, miscarriages, jealousy, sexuality, marriage, motherhood and self-worth.