• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Jun 8, 2010
7.9

Review this album

1. Feb 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christina Aguilera is back again telling all the others who has "the voice of the generation", the album is a mix of genres but it's still perfect! The best album of 2010!
    For me the best tracks are: Bionic, WooHoo, Not Myself Tonight, Elastic Love, Prima Donna, Glam, All I Need, I Am, Sex for Breakfast, You Lost Me, I Hate Boys, Stronger than Ever (deluxe) and Little Dreamer (deluxe)!
    I only disliked Bobblehead (deluxe), not that it counts...
  2. Apr 16, 2011
    Christina Aguilera goes from retro Baby Jane to futuristic Madame X in her fourth full-length studio album. The album's inspiration resonates from her pregnancy and life and feeling like a full-accomplished superhuman character, much like a Bionic woman.

The album is filled with different types of electronic songs and eventually transitions into songs of full-emotion and vulnerability. The album ranges from different types of songs and clearly proves that Christina Aguilera can do pretty much anything.

My favourite songs are Desnudate, Prima Donna, Sex For Breakfast, Lift Me Up, I Am (Stripped), Vanity, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. The only song that I don't favor so much would be Elastic Love, as it strikes rather boring to me, but I do like it's electronic elements. All the ballads are wonderful and it's nice to see all this wonderful dance music from Christina.

I give this album a 10 - don't listen to the mainstream critics, it is a great record. I honestly enjoyed it much more than Back to Basics.
  3. Feb 2, 2012
    The album is actually very good. If it were by any other artist than Christina Aguilera, then people would be praising it, I think. It doesn't really show off her [amazing] voice's true potential (although ballad You Lost Me gives glimmers). Highlights are Desnudate and Prima Donna. Lowest point is WooHoo featuring Miss Features, AKA Nicki Minaj.
  4. Mar 22, 2012
    First album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of theFirst album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of the album, in other words, part sentimental. A great album, yes, but not pro level, Ms. Xtina. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito criticado, porem poucos enxergaram a beleza contida nesse cd ele inspirado, renovador e traz ao pop um lado totalmente diferente, não acho que The Fame da cantora Lady GaGa fique muito em cima de Bionic, embora muito dos críticos descordam!
  6. Sep 12, 2011
    Altought this album doesn't reach the great sounds of Stripped, Christina did her best as ever. The up-tempo songs like Not Myself Tonight are really energic. The best song of the album is a ballad, Lift Me Up sang beautifully.
  7. Christine
    Jun 9, 2010
    Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is easily one of the best pop albums in recent years. Standout tracks: Elastic Love Prima Donna I Am You Lost Me Vanity Birds of Prey (Deluxe) Monday Morning (Deluxe) Little Dreamer (Deluxe). Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    Not at the level of her previous two albums - but still a great record. Her vocals are not really shown off on "Bionic", and she probably tried to copy Gaga too much, that's why it flopped. I think she's been herself.
  9. MariaB.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina is just the best singer of her generation!! and this album shows just that!!
  10. Michael
    Jun 10, 2010
    Christina Aguilera is the most versatile artist out there. Bionic is a masterpiece.
  11. BrunoL
    Jun 10, 2010
    I love this album, so much diversity. From track #1 to #25, it's perfect!
  12. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I amThis is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I am show the well known Christina's abilty to sing, I guess it was a mistake to release 2 versions of the album because the deluxe edition contains 2 of the best songs of the album that are Monday Morning (a very cool synthpop song that would have been a good single) and Birds of prey (this song fits perfectly with the real futuristic theme she was trying to achieve) unfortunately comparisons with Lady Gaga didn't let this album to sell a little more and Christina to go on tour (the bionic tour would have been amazing)
    What is interesting is that this album was the most second album downloaded illegally, people call it "a flop" but they are too hard on Christina's work.
  13. DanielP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    What an amazing Album. I cannot believe Christina is doint this type of music, but still keeps the classic balads without an electronic touch. This album has a different type of music for everyone. The best tracks: Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, Elastic Love and Bionic. Thank you Christina for doing such an amazing album!
  14. cesarb.
    Excelente disco.
  15. RezJ
    Jun 8, 2010
    She knows how to dazzle her audience and everytime she comes back, she brings something new and "Bionic" is the one of them. they can name it as a Huge breakthrough after 4 years of being away from music. it's brilliant!
  16. JoshP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and grooviest!! coolest album of 2010 if the BEST ALBUM OF 2010 Expand
  17. AlanS.
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is really good. there is a song for everyone. the ballads are the strongest point in the album but the up beat tempo tracks are very fun and catchy. I recommend that you buy this :D congrats Christina!
  18. HC
    Jun 8, 2010
    I love every track. The ballads are beautiful and the uptempo songs are great. Recommend!
  19. PedroI.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a cohesive and entertaining roller coaster of emotions. Expand
  20. DemiR
    Jun 8, 2010
    One of the greatest pop records of all time! Never been a big fan of Christina with this album she comes back stronger than ever, proving pop can be just as fun yet soulful at the same time as every other genre! Thumbs up!
  21. EV
    Jun 8, 2010
    I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem this album is just like Stripped and Back to Basics are. Expand
  22. JonathanM
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is fantastic. "Bionic", "Elastic love", "Glam", "I am", "You Lost me" and "Vanity" are masterpieces. Love it!!!! Christina is a genius!!!
  23. MarioR.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Incredible, modern and fresh.
  24. KarissaG
    Jun 8, 2010
    I really like this album. Although I would consider it a slight notch below Back to Basics, it's still a really strong entry. The deluxe tracks are what really impressed me. Those songs with Santigold should have been on the normal version rather than say Not Myslef Tonight.
  25. AnthonyP
    Jun 8, 2010
    While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still superior to other pop acts out there. Expand
  26. JustinS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you listen closely you will find some of Christina's best work among this group of songs. Sequencing is a problem on the first listen with the ballads placed erratically, but this fades on repeat listens. The bonus material is just as strong than the standard edition material. Personal favorites include: Stronger Than Ever, You Lost Me, Bionic, Sex for Breakfast, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer, and I Am. Expand
  27. ChristopherP
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is Christina's best and most diverse record since 2002's Stripped. A masterpiece!
  28. JaneS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Geez..very good album, and Gaga did not invent anything...puleeze...I love Gaga and Xtina but Xtina has been in game for over 10 years and deserves some respect. The US media has been awful to her..like a pck of Perez Hiltons. YUCK...GO Xtina!!!
  29. Manny
    Jun 8, 2010
    Love it! Her best album! the ballads are the best of her career and its jsut a great fun pop album.
  30. mikkamikka
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina always reivent herself, and brings her touch in the commercial pop business.

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.