Bionic

• Release Date: Jun 8, 2010
7.9

Review this album

1. Dec 8, 2013
    Sadly this album struggled through production troubles and demands from her label. There are some extremely good songs here but they get lost with the more 'radio friendly' productions. Download: Bionic, You Lost Me, Birds of Prey.
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    One of my favorite albums ever! Christina amazes with her uptempo beats and ballads. What's not to like? Bionic is definitely one of my top five albums that I have bought.
  3. May 26, 2011
    I think how many people perceived this album as a mess is because Christina Aguilera doesn't seem to get that less is more. On the deluxe album there are 23 songs. 13 or 14 which are great. She should'v'e kept it at that. It would've been great then.
  4. Nov 29, 2014
    1. Bionic - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    2. Not Myself Tonight - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    3. Woohoo - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 4. Elastic Love - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 5. Desnudate - ✰✰✰ 6. Love & Glamour - ✰✰ 7. Glam - ✰✰✰✰✰ 8. Prima Donna - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 9. Morning Dessert - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 10. Sex For Breakfast - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 11. Lift Me Up - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 12. My Heart - ✰✰ 13. All I Need - ✰✰✰✰ 14. I Am - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 15. You Lost Me - ✰✰✰ 16. I Hate Boys -
    1. Bionic - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    16. I Hate Boys - ✰✰✰✰
    17. My Girls - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    18. Vanity - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Nota Final - 6,3

Enfim, o Bionic não é um album nada ruim, o unico problema foi o excesso de músicas, e muitas delas são desnecessárias. Mas apesar disso, recomendo à quem gosta de Pop misturado com Eletro!
  5. Feb 13, 2017
    É um bom album, porem é o pior trabalho da X, tem musicas otimas como Desnudate, You Lost Me, Glam, mas esse album é muito cheio de filler e cansa, o album não é ruim, mas tambem nao é bom, Back To Basics Stripped, Lotus, Christina Aguilera continuam melhores
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    Xtina's 4th album is satisfying. "Bionic" is a futuristic song deserves to be the title-track and a standout track together with "Not Myself Tonight" which is compared to Lady Gaga's. For me, Xtina's new music is similar to that of M.I.A. and is very different from a pure pop record which is "The Fame". My favorite track which is "Elastic Love" brings a new sexual sound of her. MostXtina's 4th album is satisfying. "Bionic" is a futuristic song deserves to be the title-track and a standout track together with "Not Myself Tonight" which is compared to Lady Gaga's. For me, Xtina's new music is similar to that of M.I.A. and is very different from a pure pop record which is "The Fame". My favorite track which is "Elastic Love" brings a new sexual sound of her. Most ballads of the album are dull and boring. "Vanity" shows her voice. Overall, "Bionic" is a good sexy electropop album. Expand
  7. Sep 13, 2011
    Not at the level of her previous two albums - but still a great record. Her vocals are not really shown off on "Bionic", and she probably tried to copy Gaga too much, that's why it flopped. I think she's been herself.
  8. Jul 12, 2011
    It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap.It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap. Bionic should've been a fabulous album, with experimental tracks "Elastic Love", "Bobblehead" and "Birds of Prey" among her most finest achievements. They almost sound like M.I.A. songs. Well, maybe next time she'll learn to balance things up and just make one hellufa pop album. Expand
  9. Oct 19, 2014
    This album is a masterpiece, instrumentally is awesome, during the whole album I enjoyed a lot the sound. Lyrically isn't that best, but we're listening pop mainstream, we don't need wait so much about it. I don't really like about Christina put ballad songs in this "party and extreme sexual album". Well, like I said, I enjoyed a lot.
  10. May 30, 2011
    The album is not that good, however its commercial underperformance is definitely not because of the music, seeing what is doing well right now. "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woohoo" are great tracks.
  11. Sep 6, 2016
    Altought this album doesn't reach the great sounds of Stripped, Christina did her best as ever. The up-tempo songs like Not Myself Tonight are really energic. The best song of the album is a ballad, Lift Me Up sang beautifully.
  12. Nov 4, 2016
    Bionic Christina cheap work compared with its other work. But I still do this album, although it has brought the overall sound. Elastic Love, Glam, I Hane Boys, Birds of Prey one of my favorite songs of Christina.
  13. Dec 4, 2013
    Bionic as an electropop album sounds extremely fantastic, the combination of powerful vocals with electronic music is obviously great on songs like ''Not Myself Tonight'' and ''Glam'' as always Christina leaves her mark with their powerful ballads, ''You Lost Me'' would be a great success if it were sung by Adele, Christina does not have all the recognition it needs, another highlight ofBionic as an electropop album sounds extremely fantastic, the combination of powerful vocals with electronic music is obviously great on songs like ''Not Myself Tonight'' and ''Glam'' as always Christina leaves her mark with their powerful ballads, ''You Lost Me'' would be a great success if it were sung by Adele, Christina does not have all the recognition it needs, another highlight of the album is the bonus track, ''Birds Of Prey'' is one of the best songs that Aguilera has done in his career, ''Vanity'' is dirty and fun, Aguilera shows a determined singer unafraid to explore musically. Expand
  14. May 29, 2011
    This album is great! I would say that Christina tried something new for herself, something that really sounds true, and she haven't changed in many ways herself, she found that balance... Along the way, while many others who are now tried in electro-pop. Album multifaceted, each listener will find something that will be liked.
  15. Mar 23, 2012
    flooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
  16. Feb 8, 2012
    I can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song onI can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song on the album-. This record is filled with lyrics about sex and doesn't bring anything new or innovative. Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components thatMaybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components that she forgot and that's why the album failed not only in the U.S., but in international territories. For me, I want the old Christina Aguilera back, the one that she sang her heart out in a Mariah Carey-like voice and performed the crowd something to cheer about. But this album just hurt her music career so badly. Oh well, really getting a bit younger and still got her 1999 album. "Bionic" is one of the worst albums of 2010. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito criticado, porem poucos enxergaram a beleza contida nesse cd ele inspirado, renovador e traz ao pop um lado totalmente diferente, não acho que The Fame da cantora Lady GaGa fique muito em cima de Bionic, embora muito dos críticos descordam!
  19. Nov 17, 2010
    There is no doubt that Christina Aguilera is an incredible singer, but listening to this album you would never know, her voice is cluttered with autotune and electronics that don't suit her vocal style. While her ballads show off her incredible pipes, her uptempo efforts end up drowning her in stuffed, rushed messes. Leave the autotune to Britney.
  20. Sep 12, 2011
  21. May 25, 2012
    I must score this based on the WHOLE album. Just 1/4 of the album is great and 3/4 of the album went downhill. Although she is one of the best singers of her generation, this album of hers doesn't work for me.....
  22. Dec 17, 2014
    This album it's a mess. The tracklist, the vocals, the concept and the tracks are a mess and all over the place. There are a lot of great songs on this record, but they don't work together. Bionic sounds like 3 different albuns in one, maybe that's why it flopped so hard.
  23. Dec 22, 2016
    Tiene un sonido bastante futurista y la imagen que Christina llevó para promocionar el disco estuvo bastante sensual y encajaba perfectamente con su contexto. El álbum es muy bueno, tiene canciones realmente bailables y las baladas son muy íntimas, quedan perfectamente con los ritmos dance del álbum. Para mí, los bonus track son muchísimo mejor que casi la mitad del disco, canciones comoTiene un sonido bastante futurista y la imagen que Christina llevó para promocionar el disco estuvo bastante sensual y encajaba perfectamente con su contexto. El álbum es muy bueno, tiene canciones realmente bailables y las baladas son muy íntimas, quedan perfectamente con los ritmos dance del álbum. Para mí, los bonus track son muchísimo mejor que casi la mitad del disco, canciones como "Monday Morning" y "Birds of Prey" están entre las mejores y "Bobblehead" es muy rara. Excelente álbum. Expand
  24. Jul 11, 2013
    Poor "Bionic", poor, underrated "Bionic". Even though it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful it's actually quite good album. Christina predicted that electronic music will become more popular in 2010s and that's why she released some dubstep inspired cool songs like M.I.A. written "Elastic Love", sexy "Desnudate", powerful "Prima Donna", crazy "Vanity" and lead single "NotPoor "Bionic", poor, underrated "Bionic". Even though it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful it's actually quite good album. Christina predicted that electronic music will become more popular in 2010s and that's why she released some dubstep inspired cool songs like M.I.A. written "Elastic Love", sexy "Desnudate", powerful "Prima Donna", crazy "Vanity" and lead single "Not Myself Tonight". The second part of the album is ballad oriented and contains of heartfelt productions like "Lift Me Up", "I Am" and "You Lost Me". I also like songs from the deluxe version of the CD ("Monday Morning", "Birds Of Prey", "Stronger Than Ever", "Little Dreamer"). Even if there are some misfires (boring "Sex For Breakfast", lifeless "My Girls" and irritating "Bobblehead") I think that "Bionic" should be more successful worldwide and deserves much more than being synonym of "flop".

25. Jun 15, 2017
    Christina Aguilera shows to the world her bionic parts, and the result is amazing,an incredible eltropop album that was killed by the critics but loved by the fans. With good lyrics, and nice beats, she shows the future and say:This is the new pop, let's get out of a comfort zone and change.That's why It's so amazing.
  26. Nov 4, 2013
    Christina has an amazing voice. I wil never understand why she made this record. It's so souless and robotic. Apart from Not myself tonight, you lost me and desnudate all the other songs are plain and interludes are so unessecary. Woohoo is one of the worst songs on the album.
  27. Dec 29, 2014
    It isn't always easy to transcend along with the ever changing music industry. The industry constantly changes - along with every new sound. Aguilera gives her take on 2010 - occasionally successfully, but still missing the mark. Nevertheless, a career highlight from 'You Lost Me.'
  28. Apr 30, 2017
    An amazind album by an amazing talented singer. Work it, girl! So underrated. No doubt why we can call her the 2000's Cyndi Lauper. But, someow talent always win...
  29. Mar 22, 2012
    First album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of theFirst album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of the album, in other words, part sentimental. A great album, yes, but not pro level, Ms. Xtina. Expand
  30. Mar 31, 2013
    Bionic, in my opinion, you REALLY must listen it it. Personally i never listened to it before because it was labelled 'flop' 'worst album ever' etc, but after i gave it a listen, some songs are good and some not so good. Not Myself Tonight being the lead and only sucsessful single is not even the best so by not listening you are missing out on SOME catchy songs. Im only going to tell youBionic, in my opinion, you REALLY must listen it it. Personally i never listened to it before because it was labelled 'flop' 'worst album ever' etc, but after i gave it a listen, some songs are good and some not so good. Not Myself Tonight being the lead and only sucsessful single is not even the best so by not listening you are missing out on SOME catchy songs. Im only going to tell you what songs to listen to because the rest of the albums is awful. First let me start by saying Bionic should've been a single because it is for sure the best song on the album. The first verse might turn you off at first(as i was like what is this?) but if you listen its actually good, and that bridge WOW! The bridge is really good and defiantly the best but of the whole song, the chorus is good to. So now as i've gave a review of one song ill just tell you what else to listen to. So after listening to the whole album i understand this whole 'Futuristic' take on pop and i can say the album will be appriciated in a while, just not right now. I defiantly think the best songs from the album are of course Bionic and the others would be Woo Hoo (Feat. Nicki Minaj), Desnudate, Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me. There the only acceptable songs but i guess if you like them you could give Elastic Love and Prima Donna a listen there ok. The rest of the album i dislike personally but thats my opinion. So just give those a listen and see what you think Expand
  31. Mar 23, 2012
    A horrible album for someone talented like Christina Aguilera. I loved her and her music but Bionic is no where near her standards.
  32. Aug 31, 2016
    It is not her best album or her worst either. Christina Aguilera comes with Bionic after a few years out of the industry and just didn't get what she wanted. it has good songs actually, like the lead single or "You Lost Me", but it misses something more catchy or well done. It is not an "ahead of his time" album, it was just not what we exactly wanted.
  33. Oct 24, 2016
    Adoro este disco de Xtina, con el pasar de los años sigue sonando muy actual, y tiene autenticos TEMAZOS, y baladas desgarradoras, la verdad no entiendo como un disco tan bueno pudo haber flopeado de esa manrea,
  34. Aug 27, 2014
    Um dos melhores álbuns dessa geração, soa bem futurista, não importa se você escutar ele daqui 30 anos, ele ainda vai soar futurista. A originalidade transborda pelas faixas, a era bionic teve um grande impacto na industria.
  35. Oct 17, 2015
    Este álbum es de sus mejores! Tiene muy buenos ritmos, y canciones hermosas, como lo son You Lost Me, All i Need, I Am, Lift Me Up, Stronger Than Ever. Little Dreamer ¡Ella es una reina en todos los sentidos!
  36. Sep 24, 2010
    At first I only liked Bionic, Not Myself Tonight, and Woohoo. Then it grew to I Hate Boys, Vanity, and I Am. Then that list grew to Prima Donna, Glam, and I Am Stripped. Then it grew to Desnudate, All I Need, My Girls, and Bobblehead, Some are original Christina, some are the new Xtina. An album that's got good songs, and Aguilera's strong voice outshines herself.
  37. Jul 18, 2011
    With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it,With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it, really really not. Yes, her ballads are all popular around the world and are what she's most famous for. Her vocal ability is simply amazing, that is a known fact. Yet she always fails to attract the new generations. All I'm saying is, try singing normally, try to sing something that is more pop and try to make improvements in those songs by using the god-given voice wisely. That ought to make her a music sensation again. Expand
  38. Feb 2, 2012
    The album is actually very good. If it were by any other artist than Christina Aguilera, then people would be praising it, I think. It doesn't really show off her [amazing] voice's true potential (although ballad You Lost Me gives glimmers). Highlights are Desnudate and Prima Donna. Lowest point is WooHoo featuring Miss Features, AKA Nicki Minaj.
  39. Apr 26, 2012
    Despite having a poor song to name the album over, this album has some very catchy and fun songs, Aguilara has really shown the best of herself. Not Myself Tonight is truly amazing, Woohoo, and You Lost Me are also very good. Though the initial song "Bionic" is a major let down. Overall, the album is a rounded 8/10, Definitely worth it's $9.99 price tag.
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    This is an amazing album, one of the best pop albums of the last years. Beautiful songs like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, I am, All i Need, some other club anthems like Not Myself Tonight and Woohoo. We found probably the best moment of the album on the deluxe edition, with brilliant songs like Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer and Stronger than Ever. Bionic is an underrated album,This is an amazing album, one of the best pop albums of the last years. Beautiful songs like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, I am, All i Need, some other club anthems like Not Myself Tonight and Woohoo. We found probably the best moment of the album on the deluxe edition, with brilliant songs like Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer and Stronger than Ever. Bionic is an underrated album, Bionic is a masterpiece. Expand
  41. Dec 12, 2014
    Really cool sound, amazing voice as always, but she seems like she's trying to be someone else, another thing that i don't like is the order of the tracks, but it's okey, i can handle it because is a really good album.
  42. Apr 10, 2016
    el mejor album que e escuchado hermosisimo una joya de album ojala sacara un igual a este esperemos y lo saque uno de los mejores albumes que a hecho christina aguilera
  43. Feb 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christina Aguilera is back again telling all the others who has "the voice of the generation", the album is a mix of genres but it's still perfect! The best album of 2010!
    For me the best tracks are: Bionic, WooHoo, Not Myself Tonight, Elastic Love, Prima Donna, Glam, All I Need, I Am, Sex for Breakfast, You Lost Me, I Hate Boys, Stronger than Ever (deluxe) and Little Dreamer (deluxe)!
    I only disliked Bobblehead (deluxe), not that it counts...
  44. Aug 24, 2013
    The album feels outdated even at first listen back during its release. In its ambitious attempts to tap on the then-new and rising synthpop-raver mainstream audio, her giant eighteen-wheeler truck loaded with bionic mannequins made a sharp right turn into pop culture and tumbled its way across the VMA stage, two meters short of the table where the cool popstars sit.

Christina tries very

Christina tries very hard to be experimentally, both vocally and in production; assuming she plays any part in the latter. Every once in a while comes a few moments of the album where her Christina capitalizes her vocal prowess to its full potential; but every other time it sounds like a bloated; reheated EDM-wannabe record. It has yet to prove itself worthy to sit on either extreme end of the danceable-ballad spectrum; and yet when it sits in the middle; it would have been in the most ungraceful manner possible. Tracks like Elastic Love and Bionic remain as highlights of the album; but two potential hits couldn't really balance out the sixteen fillers.

Whether or not Christina can regain the 5 seconds of fame she had during the promotions of Genie in a Bottle. Maybe in a 2014 album she can take a backseat in the songwriting process because; it seems to be the only factor bringing her down; aside from her attitude over a self-proclaimed pop artist reputation.
  45. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I amThis is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I am show the well known Christina's abilty to sing, I guess it was a mistake to release 2 versions of the album because the deluxe edition contains 2 of the best songs of the album that are Monday Morning (a very cool synthpop song that would have been a good single) and Birds of prey (this song fits perfectly with the real futuristic theme she was trying to achieve) unfortunately comparisons with Lady Gaga didn't let this album to sell a little more and Christina to go on tour (the bionic tour would have been amazing)
    What is interesting is that this album was the most second album downloaded illegally, people call it "a flop" but they are too hard on Christina's work.
  46. M.Foy
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album is not what I expected from this girl. The ballads are bigger than the electronic elements she brought into this "Bionic", and the tracklist contains 18 songs, such a LP that can't keep anybody keen on listening this album.
  47. DanielP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    What an amazing Album. I cannot believe Christina is doint this type of music, but still keeps the classic balads without an electronic touch. This album has a different type of music for everyone. The best tracks: Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, Elastic Love and Bionic. Thank you Christina for doing such an amazing album!
  48. cesarb.
    Excelente disco.
  49. RezJ
    Jun 8, 2010
    She knows how to dazzle her audience and everytime she comes back, she brings something new and "Bionic" is the one of them. they can name it as a Huge breakthrough after 4 years of being away from music. it's brilliant!
  50. JoshP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and grooviest!! coolest album of 2010 if the BEST ALBUM OF 2010 Expand
  51. AlanS.
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is really good. there is a song for everyone. the ballads are the strongest point in the album but the up beat tempo tracks are very fun and catchy. I recommend that you buy this :D congrats Christina!
  52. Lucy
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is a complete mess. It is not electronic but it is not pop. It is not r&b but it is not soul either. It's a little bit of everything, and everything is mixed. I get what they wanted for this album, but they failed to accomplish it. Christina said a lot of times that she wanted somenthing futuristic. Then she said the album was going to be short and sweet. Now we have some 19 Bionic is a complete mess. It is not electronic but it is not pop. It is not r&b but it is not soul either. It's a little bit of everything, and everything is mixed. I get what they wanted for this album, but they failed to accomplish it. Christina said a lot of times that she wanted somenthing futuristic. Then she said the album was going to be short and sweet. Now we have some 19 songs that don't match with that statements. There are some good songs, but most of them are credited as "bonus" (Birds Of Prey, Stronger Then Ever and Monday Morning) in the deluxe edition of the album. Expand
  53. HC
    Jun 8, 2010
    I love every track. The ballads are beautiful and the uptempo songs are great. Recommend!
  54. PabloM
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album starts with Bionic, giving a certain excitement about what is to come. This first song is quite unique, and I felt it has mixed Christina
  55. PedroI.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a cohesive and entertaining roller coaster of emotions. Expand
  56. DemiR
    Jun 8, 2010
    One of the greatest pop records of all time! Never been a big fan of Christina with this album she comes back stronger than ever, proving pop can be just as fun yet soulful at the same time as every other genre! Thumbs up!
  57. MariaB.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina is just the best singer of her generation!! and this album shows just that!!
  58. EV
    Jun 8, 2010
    I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem this album is just like Stripped and Back to Basics are. Expand
  59. JonathanM
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is fantastic. "Bionic", "Elastic love", "Glam", "I am", "You Lost me" and "Vanity" are masterpieces. Love it!!!! Christina is a genius!!!
  60. MarioR.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Incredible, modern and fresh.
  61. KarissaG
    Jun 8, 2010
    I really like this album. Although I would consider it a slight notch below Back to Basics, it's still a really strong entry. The deluxe tracks are what really impressed me. Those songs with Santigold should have been on the normal version rather than say Not Myslef Tonight.
  62. RickD
    Jun 8, 2010
    Her narcissism makes her unlikable.
  63. AnthonyP
    Jun 8, 2010
    While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still superior to other pop acts out there. Expand
  64. JustinS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you listen closely you will find some of Christina's best work among this group of songs. Sequencing is a problem on the first listen with the ballads placed erratically, but this fades on repeat listens. The bonus material is just as strong than the standard edition material. Personal favorites include: Stronger Than Ever, You Lost Me, Bionic, Sex for Breakfast, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer, and I Am. Expand
  65. ChristopherP
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is Christina's best and most diverse record since 2002's Stripped. A masterpiece!
  66. JonathanW
    Jun 8, 2010
    there are only a few real songs.
  67. DavidB
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina has no idea of who she is musically. She has always had a great voice but never has had anything worthwhile to say. This album is abysmal.
  68. Craig
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album is OK, but Christiana is all over the place on this album. The first half reminded me of 80's electronic new wave. Then she went and played several R&B love songs. And she finishes up with several songs that must not have made the Stripped album. There are probably half a dozen good songs on here. There is too much filler, and she inflates the set list with a number of The album is OK, but Christiana is all over the place on this album. The first half reminded me of 80's electronic new wave. Then she went and played several R&B love songs. And she finishes up with several songs that must not have made the Stripped album. There are probably half a dozen good songs on here. There is too much filler, and she inflates the set list with a number of short worthless intros. Expand
  69. JaneS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Geez..very good album, and Gaga did not invent anything...puleeze...I love Gaga and Xtina but Xtina has been in game for over 10 years and deserves some respect. The US media has been awful to her..like a pck of Perez Hiltons. YUCK...GO Xtina!!!
  70. Manny
    Jun 8, 2010
    Love it! Her best album! the ballads are the best of her career and its jsut a great fun pop album.
  71. mikkamikka
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina always reivent herself, and brings her touch in the commercial pop business.
  72. DorigaA.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is exactly what Christina Aguilera promised-Fun and light-heartedness. I enjoyed Bionic from the Title Track all the way through I Am (Stripped). What I like most about the album is that there's a little something for everyone. You can make your own tracklisting as you may not like all 20 tracks and 3 intros. My favorites are Bionic, WooHoo, Desnudate, Primma Donna, I Am, You Bionic is exactly what Christina Aguilera promised-Fun and light-heartedness. I enjoyed Bionic from the Title Track all the way through I Am (Stripped). What I like most about the album is that there's a little something for everyone. You can make your own tracklisting as you may not like all 20 tracks and 3 intros. My favorites are Bionic, WooHoo, Desnudate, Primma Donna, I Am, You Lost Me, Vanity, Monday Morning, Bobblehead, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. Expand
  73. Ajd
    Jun 8, 2010
    This is a drag. All Her talent wasted on beat heavy and superficial pop music. she should at-least try to separate her self and form her own identity. The music here is emotionless, immature and boring. Go cop Toni Braxton's abum "Pulse", Now that is music!
  74. RichardH
    Jun 8, 2010
    I really enjoyed Stripped and B2B better, but this Album is very catchy and uplifting. Empowerment, what a great message Christina sends through many of the songs on this album. =) Be yourself, don't let others tell you what to do, or who to be.
  75. Yuri
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is classic One of the more cool Pop albums of the decade Eletronic beats, catchy lyrics and a lot a sassy girl power Aguilera is redefined herself like a Barbarella
  76. yourmom
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is amazing, it has something for everybody and I love how she has branched out and worked with non-pop artists!
  77. KwinM
    Jun 8, 2010
    Xtina's new CD has a nice mix of songs. There are a few duds, but over a few good club hits, and a fresh sound that I appreciate nowadays. Death to autotune! Celebrate originality!
  78. LaylaAli
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album only had two good tracks and two just okay ones. The rest were trash.
  79. Christine
    Jun 9, 2010
    Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is easily one of the best pop albums in recent years. Standout tracks: Elastic Love Prima Donna I Am You Lost Me Vanity Birds of Prey (Deluxe) Monday Morning (Deluxe) Little Dreamer (Deluxe). Expand
  80. CruzH
    Jun 9, 2010
    After four years waiting, Christina released her brand new LP, Bionic, the songs on the album are diverse, therefore, it still prove how well she can sing different type of songs. Her album speaks for itself, and it's nothing like other singers'. well done, Christina Aguilera.
  81. JonC.
    Jun 9, 2010
    Overall, xtina's new album is her boldest work to date. She's delivered on the promise of creating a futuristic sound that is unlike much of the stuff playing on the radio today, this, perhaps, is the reason why listeners aren't responding favorably. However, this album offers something for everyone, from up-beat club tunes ("Not Myself Tonight") to awe-inspiring ballads ( Overall, xtina's new album is her boldest work to date. She's delivered on the promise of creating a futuristic sound that is unlike much of the stuff playing on the radio today, this, perhaps, is the reason why listeners aren't responding favorably. However, this album offers something for everyone, from up-beat club tunes ("Not Myself Tonight") to awe-inspiring ballads ( "I Am" and "You Lost Me") and from fun and energetic anthems ("I Hate Boys" and "My Girls") to mesmerizing electro-infused numbers ("Elastic Love," "Monday Morning," and "Birds of Prey"). Having said that, some tracks like "Sex For Breakfast" and "Vanity" (the two intros as well) are a little boring and could have been scrapped in favor of the better -perhaps more representative of the experimental sound she was aiming for- bonus tracks found in the deluxe edition. Two thumbs way up for effort! Expand
  82. armandoa
    Jun 9, 2010
    I've never purchased a Xtina album. I must say that I've always thought she could sing. Seeing her venture out on her last album with the retro sounds made me realize she's definitely not afraid to experiment. When I heard she was working with Sia, M.I.A., Switch and Santigold I couldn't wait. Those collaborations are all what they promised to be...Pretty amazing. I I've never purchased a Xtina album. I must say that I've always thought she could sing. Seeing her venture out on her last album with the retro sounds made me realize she's definitely not afraid to experiment. When I heard she was working with Sia, M.I.A., Switch and Santigold I couldn't wait. Those collaborations are all what they promised to be...Pretty amazing. I wish they would have put the bonus tracks in and gotten rid of other less interesing songs like the lead single, Woohoo and even glam. The new wave of Monday Morning and Bounce of Bobble Head could have replaced Glam and Prima Donna. Birds of Pray was quality as well. Expand
  83. ManuelD.
    Jun 9, 2010
    Amazing album! Her bes one yet.
  84. JonatanS
    Jun 9, 2010
    It is a fearless album. Not easy to eat, more sophisticated and few people will get it. Now, trash like Kesha or Rihanna are the number ones, but they just do hits. XTina is an artist.
  85. AlexC.
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is defintely one of this years best pop albums. Electric, supersonic, futuristic indeed. The title track tones down Aguilera's voice, something differen from shat she has done before. Her voice in most of the songs is a actually soothing to the ear. The album does lose you a little with 5 back to back ballads. It becomes a bore throughout that section. However it comes This album is defintely one of this years best pop albums. Electric, supersonic, futuristic indeed. The title track tones down Aguilera's voice, something differen from shat she has done before. Her voice in most of the songs is a actually soothing to the ear. The album does lose you a little with 5 back to back ballads. It becomes a bore throughout that section. However it comes right back up with her fast paced "We will rock you" beat wounding song, I hate boys. Definitely a throw back to her "Cant Hold Us Down" days. It is followed by the Peaches produced song "My Girls," another upbeat song about just having fun! the deluxe version includes a track called "Bobblehead." if you were to take Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl," modernize it, and make fun of it at the same time, that is what you'll get with this track. Definitely a floor stomping song. It Also includes the "Fighter" sounding "Stonger than Ever" and the Ladytron produced "Birds of Prey." The latter sounds like a hot Jennifer Paige ("Crush") mixed with Alice in Wonderland and the Matrix all together. Othe great songs? The vogue-esque "Glam". She definitely shows off her old voice (like her old self) mid song as she does with "Vanity." Also, "Prima Donna" is a great hip hop track to be looking out for in the clubs. Overall, a great dance album. The ballads lose you a little bit, but overall the artist's best album to date. Deluxe songs are definitely worth the extra money! Expand
  86. LukeC.
    Jun 10, 2010
    A phenomenal album with enough pop uptempos and ballads to keep anyone happy. Xtina is truly inspired on this one, possibly even beating her best album to date, 'Stripped'.
  87. RJC
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album! It's definitely a new sound for Christina. The album should be considered a "fun" album, not to be taken so serious and judged by it's lyrical content.
  88. TylerD
    Jun 10, 2010
    Copycat. I've got all the original artists songs and CDs already. No need to buy this outdated and copying the trends CD.
  89. RogerD
    Jun 10, 2010
    Worst album of the year. I already have all the songs of the artists she's copying.
  90. RomelS
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album. Flawless from beginning to end, i suggest everyone go out and buy a copy of the deluxe edition, its WELL worth the money.
  91. CarlosHK
    Jun 10, 2010
    the best album of the last 4 years. exactly what we were waiting, futuristic sound with ballads that show Christina's voice and nothing more. That's Christina, no one else.
  92. JenniferSweeny
    Jun 10, 2010
    The ballads on this album shine through like no other, perfect album.
  93. DarrelJohnston
    Jun 10, 2010
    I got this album for the ballads, very moving!
  94. VannaC
    Jun 10, 2010
    Bionic has more than a hint of schizophrenia. It is at times unnerving, predictable, and contradictory, yet manages to be cohesive, interesting, and most importantly, fun. While newcomers create music that purports to be "Electronica," this album actually ventures into that very nuanced world, and draws from it a pulsing, living rhythm that does right by the world that inspired its creation.
  95. FredericG
    Jun 10, 2010
    This is a great new re-invention from Christina. This album is orignal with all the collaborator, there is song for everyone on this record since there is a great variety of genre but it keeps in the futuristic vain.
  96. PhoebeM
    Jun 10, 2010
    Bionic may not be Christina's best offering, but it comes close. The album is promoted as being the lovechild of Christina and Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia and M.I.A - the artists that she worked with before filming her debut movie, Burlesque. Unfortunately she had a change of heart, and delightfully haunting songs like "Birds of Prey" by Ladytron are relegated to the back of the deluxe Bionic may not be Christina's best offering, but it comes close. The album is promoted as being the lovechild of Christina and Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia and M.I.A - the artists that she worked with before filming her debut movie, Burlesque. Unfortunately she had a change of heart, and delightfully haunting songs like "Birds of Prey" by Ladytron are relegated to the back of the deluxe version, and replaced by the unwisely chosen first single, Not Myself Tonight. There are enough tracks on the album to be able to ignore the infantile embarrassment of Not Myself Tonight, Woo Hoo, and I Hate Boys. The aforementioned Birds of Prey is a highlight, containing witty lyrics about The Matrix and Wonderland in a surprisingly restrained vocal performance that is reminiscent of the Middle East. The tracks with Sia are easily the highlights of the album. All I Need, a lullaby to her son Max, is a little too sugary sweet, but I Am is a love song with the perfect balance of self deprecation and respectl, and nobody with a soul can avoid being moved by the power of Lift Me Up and You Lost Me. Of the uptempos, Elastic Love is the most captivating. Stationary related lyrics that initially seem silly actually paint a very vivid picture of a topsy turvy relationship. Vanity closes the standard version of the album with a tongue in cheek declaration of "Who owns the throne?" - a hilarious three minute take on the claims of arrogance that have bombarded her throuhgout her career. With a little less of the focus on sex and hot beats, and a little more deference to the indie producers and writers that were part of Christina's initial vision, the record could be perfect. Expand
  97. FranzO
    Jun 10, 2010
    It's an amazing album that has everything for everyone. I love its diversity which some people do not appreciate. I think that is what makes it a strong record. The benefits from this outweigh the disadvantages so I don't mind - it's amazing to listen to.
  98. AmyS
    Jun 10, 2010
    Christina Aguilera has an amazing voice but I'm glad she branched out and did some fun dance music this time. She is very talented and the album will be a Summer fave.
  99. ozzyn.
    Jun 10, 2010
    A fantastic album, I love the way this girl constantly reinvents herself. No other female artist of this generation has the versatility and voice that Christina possesses. Bionic is an electric in your face album that's awesome from beginning to end. the perfect album for this summer.

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.