Bionic

• Release Date: Jun 8, 2010
7.9

Review this album

1. Apr 30, 2017
    An amazind album by an amazing talented singer. Work it, girl! So underrated. No doubt why we can call her the 2000's Cyndi Lauper. But, someow talent always win...
  2. Feb 13, 2017
    É um bom album, porem é o pior trabalho da X, tem musicas otimas como Desnudate, You Lost Me, Glam, mas esse album é muito cheio de filler e cansa, o album não é ruim, mas tambem nao é bom, Back To Basics Stripped, Lotus, Christina Aguilera continuam melhores
  3. Feb 1, 2017
    One of the most underrated pop album of all time.Three words enough the describe whole album: generic,different and sexy. It's the dark side of Christina and her sex mentality.
  4. Dec 22, 2016
    Tiene un sonido bastante futurista y la imagen que Christina llevó para promocionar el disco estuvo bastante sensual y encajaba perfectamente con su contexto. El álbum es muy bueno, tiene canciones realmente bailables y las baladas son muy íntimas, quedan perfectamente con los ritmos dance del álbum. Para mí, los bonus track son muchísimo mejor que casi la mitad del disco, canciones comoTiene un sonido bastante futurista y la imagen que Christina llevó para promocionar el disco estuvo bastante sensual y encajaba perfectamente con su contexto. El álbum es muy bueno, tiene canciones realmente bailables y las baladas son muy íntimas, quedan perfectamente con los ritmos dance del álbum. Para mí, los bonus track son muchísimo mejor que casi la mitad del disco, canciones como "Monday Morning" y "Birds of Prey" están entre las mejores y "Bobblehead" es muy rara. Excelente álbum. Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2016
    Bionic Christina cheap work compared with its other work. But I still do this album, although it has brought the overall sound. Elastic Love, Glam, I Hane Boys, Birds of Prey one of my favorite songs of Christina.
  6. Oct 24, 2016
    Adoro este disco de Xtina, con el pasar de los años sigue sonando muy actual, y tiene autenticos TEMAZOS, y baladas desgarradoras, la verdad no entiendo como un disco tan bueno pudo haber flopeado de esa manrea,
  7. Sep 6, 2016
    Altought this album doesn't reach the great sounds of Stripped, Christina did her best as ever. The up-tempo songs like Not Myself Tonight are really energic. The best song of the album is a ballad, Lift Me Up sang beautifully.
  8. Aug 31, 2016
    It is not her best album or her worst either. Christina Aguilera comes with Bionic after a few years out of the industry and just didn't get what she wanted. it has good songs actually, like the lead single or "You Lost Me", but it misses something more catchy or well done. It is not an "ahead of his time" album, it was just not what we exactly wanted.
  9. Apr 10, 2016
    el mejor album que e escuchado hermosisimo una joya de album ojala sacara un igual a este esperemos y lo saque uno de los mejores albumes que a hecho christina aguilera
  10. Oct 17, 2015
    Este álbum es de sus mejores! Tiene muy buenos ritmos, y canciones hermosas, como lo son You Lost Me, All i Need, I Am, Lift Me Up, Stronger Than Ever. Little Dreamer ¡Ella es una reina en todos los sentidos!
  11. Jun 17, 2015
    yeah all of this fridge's fans are only rating it a 10 to bring up the score. any person with a functioning brain and a normal set of chromosomes can comprehend that this is possibly the worst album ever.
  12. Dec 29, 2014
    It isn't always easy to transcend along with the ever changing music industry. The industry constantly changes - along with every new sound. Aguilera gives her take on 2010 - occasionally successfully, but still missing the mark. Nevertheless, a career highlight from 'You Lost Me.'
  13. Dec 18, 2014
    This is one of the best albums in the music industry, yet people underrated it. The songs are diverse n fresh. Most of the lyrics are meaningful. IDK but people now really judge the book by its cover not by its contents.
  14. Dec 17, 2014
    This album it's a mess. The tracklist, the vocals, the concept and the tracks are a mess and all over the place. There are a lot of great songs on this record, but they don't work together. Bionic sounds like 3 different albuns in one, maybe that's why it flopped so hard.
  15. Dec 12, 2014
    Really cool sound, amazing voice as always, but she seems like she's trying to be someone else, another thing that i don't like is the order of the tracks, but it's okey, i can handle it because is a really good album.
  16. Nov 29, 2014
    1. Bionic - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    2. Not Myself Tonight - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    3. Woohoo - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 4. Elastic Love - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 5. Desnudate - ✰✰✰ 6. Love & Glamour - ✰✰ 7. Glam - ✰✰✰✰✰ 8. Prima Donna - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 9. Morning Dessert - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 10. Sex For Breakfast - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 11. Lift Me Up - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 12. My Heart - ✰✰ 13. All I Need - ✰✰✰✰ 14. I Am - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ 15. You Lost Me - ✰✰✰ 16. I Hate Boys -
    1. Bionic - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    16. I Hate Boys - ✰✰✰✰
    17. My Girls - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰
    18. Vanity - ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Nota Final - 6,3

Enfim, o Bionic não é um album nada ruim, o unico problema foi o excesso de músicas, e muitas delas são desnecessárias. Mas apesar disso, recomendo à quem gosta de Pop misturado com Eletro!
  17. Oct 19, 2014
    This album is a masterpiece, instrumentally is awesome, during the whole album I enjoyed a lot the sound. Lyrically isn't that best, but we're listening pop mainstream, we don't need wait so much about it. I don't really like about Christina put ballad songs in this "party and extreme sexual album". Well, like I said, I enjoyed a lot.
  18. Aug 27, 2014
    Um dos melhores álbuns dessa geração, soa bem futurista, não importa se você escutar ele daqui 30 anos, ele ainda vai soar futurista. A originalidade transborda pelas faixas, a era bionic teve um grande impacto na industria.
  19. Dec 8, 2013
    Sadly this album struggled through production troubles and demands from her label. There are some extremely good songs here but they get lost with the more 'radio friendly' productions. Download: Bionic, You Lost Me, Birds of Prey.
  20. Dec 4, 2013
    Bionic as an electropop album sounds extremely fantastic, the combination of powerful vocals with electronic music is obviously great on songs like ''Not Myself Tonight'' and ''Glam'' as always Christina leaves her mark with their powerful ballads, ''You Lost Me'' would be a great success if it were sung by Adele, Christina does not have all the recognition it needs, another highlight ofBionic as an electropop album sounds extremely fantastic, the combination of powerful vocals with electronic music is obviously great on songs like ''Not Myself Tonight'' and ''Glam'' as always Christina leaves her mark with their powerful ballads, ''You Lost Me'' would be a great success if it were sung by Adele, Christina does not have all the recognition it needs, another highlight of the album is the bonus track, ''Birds Of Prey'' is one of the best songs that Aguilera has done in his career, ''Vanity'' is dirty and fun, Aguilera shows a determined singer unafraid to explore musically. Expand
  21. Nov 4, 2013
    Christina has an amazing voice. I wil never understand why she made this record. It's so souless and robotic. Apart from Not myself tonight, you lost me and desnudate all the other songs are plain and interludes are so unessecary. Woohoo is one of the worst songs on the album.
  22. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I amThis is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I am show the well known Christina's abilty to sing, I guess it was a mistake to release 2 versions of the album because the deluxe edition contains 2 of the best songs of the album that are Monday Morning (a very cool synthpop song that would have been a good single) and Birds of prey (this song fits perfectly with the real futuristic theme she was trying to achieve) unfortunately comparisons with Lady Gaga didn't let this album to sell a little more and Christina to go on tour (the bionic tour would have been amazing)
    What is interesting is that this album was the most second album downloaded illegally, people call it "a flop" but they are too hard on Christina's work.
  23. Aug 24, 2013
    The album feels outdated even at first listen back during its release. In its ambitious attempts to tap on the then-new and rising synthpop-raver mainstream audio, her giant eighteen-wheeler truck loaded with bionic mannequins made a sharp right turn into pop culture and tumbled its way across the VMA stage, two meters short of the table where the cool popstars sit.

Christina tries very

Christina tries very hard to be experimentally, both vocally and in production; assuming she plays any part in the latter. Every once in a while comes a few moments of the album where her Christina capitalizes her vocal prowess to its full potential; but every other time it sounds like a bloated; reheated EDM-wannabe record. It has yet to prove itself worthy to sit on either extreme end of the danceable-ballad spectrum; and yet when it sits in the middle; it would have been in the most ungraceful manner possible. Tracks like Elastic Love and Bionic remain as highlights of the album; but two potential hits couldn't really balance out the sixteen fillers.

Whether or not Christina can regain the 5 seconds of fame she had during the promotions of Genie in a Bottle. Maybe in a 2014 album she can take a backseat in the songwriting process because; it seems to be the only factor bringing her down; aside from her attitude over a self-proclaimed pop artist reputation.
  24. Aug 7, 2013
    One of my favorite albums ever! Christina amazes with her uptempo beats and ballads. What's not to like? Bionic is definitely one of my top five albums that I have bought.
  25. Jul 11, 2013
    Poor "Bionic", poor, underrated "Bionic". Even though it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful it's actually quite good album. Christina predicted that electronic music will become more popular in 2010s and that's why she released some dubstep inspired cool songs like M.I.A. written "Elastic Love", sexy "Desnudate", powerful "Prima Donna", crazy "Vanity" and lead single "NotPoor "Bionic", poor, underrated "Bionic". Even though it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful it's actually quite good album. Christina predicted that electronic music will become more popular in 2010s and that's why she released some dubstep inspired cool songs like M.I.A. written "Elastic Love", sexy "Desnudate", powerful "Prima Donna", crazy "Vanity" and lead single "Not Myself Tonight". The second part of the album is ballad oriented and contains of heartfelt productions like "Lift Me Up", "I Am" and "You Lost Me". I also like songs from the deluxe version of the CD ("Monday Morning", "Birds Of Prey", "Stronger Than Ever", "Little Dreamer"). Even if there are some misfires (boring "Sex For Breakfast", lifeless "My Girls" and irritating "Bobblehead") I think that "Bionic" should be more successful worldwide and deserves much more than being synonym of "flop".

26. Mar 31, 2013
    Bionic, in my opinion, you REALLY must listen it it. Personally i never listened to it before because it was labelled 'flop' 'worst album ever' etc, but after i gave it a listen, some songs are good and some not so good. Not Myself Tonight being the lead and only sucsessful single is not even the best so by not listening you are missing out on SOME catchy songs. Im only going to tell youBionic, in my opinion, you REALLY must listen it it. Personally i never listened to it before because it was labelled 'flop' 'worst album ever' etc, but after i gave it a listen, some songs are good and some not so good. Not Myself Tonight being the lead and only sucsessful single is not even the best so by not listening you are missing out on SOME catchy songs. Im only going to tell you what songs to listen to because the rest of the albums is awful. First let me start by saying Bionic should've been a single because it is for sure the best song on the album. The first verse might turn you off at first(as i was like what is this?) but if you listen its actually good, and that bridge WOW! The bridge is really good and defiantly the best but of the whole song, the chorus is good to. So now as i've gave a review of one song ill just tell you what else to listen to. So after listening to the whole album i understand this whole 'Futuristic' take on pop and i can say the album will be appriciated in a while, just not right now. I defiantly think the best songs from the album are of course Bionic and the others would be Woo Hoo (Feat. Nicki Minaj), Desnudate, Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me. There the only acceptable songs but i guess if you like them you could give Elastic Love and Prima Donna a listen there ok. The rest of the album i dislike personally but thats my opinion. So just give those a listen and see what you think Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito criticado, porem poucos enxergaram a beleza contida nesse cd ele inspirado, renovador e traz ao pop um lado totalmente diferente, não acho que The Fame da cantora Lady GaGa fique muito em cima de Bionic, embora muito dos críticos descordam!
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components thatMaybe Xtina just wasn't herself tonight. The good news is that her movie, Burlesque, was a box office hit. The bad news: Bionic was a bigger failure than her awful Star-Spangled Banner Anthem at the Super Bowl last year. I really love Christina since the TRL days, but her success began to fade even more. The "Bionic" album I'm feeling right now is it's missing some of the components that she forgot and that's why the album failed not only in the U.S., but in international territories. For me, I want the old Christina Aguilera back, the one that she sang her heart out in a Mariah Carey-like voice and performed the crowd something to cheer about. But this album just hurt her music career so badly. Oh well, really getting a bit younger and still got her 1999 album. "Bionic" is one of the worst albums of 2010. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2012
    This is an amazing album, one of the best pop albums of the last years. Beautiful songs like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, I am, All i Need, some other club anthems like Not Myself Tonight and Woohoo. We found probably the best moment of the album on the deluxe edition, with brilliant songs like Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer and Stronger than Ever. Bionic is an underrated album,This is an amazing album, one of the best pop albums of the last years. Beautiful songs like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, I am, All i Need, some other club anthems like Not Myself Tonight and Woohoo. We found probably the best moment of the album on the deluxe edition, with brilliant songs like Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer and Stronger than Ever. Bionic is an underrated album, Bionic is a masterpiece. Expand
  30. May 25, 2012
    I must score this based on the WHOLE album. Just 1/4 of the album is great and 3/4 of the album went downhill. Although she is one of the best singers of her generation, this album of hers doesn't work for me.....
  31. Apr 26, 2012
    Despite having a poor song to name the album over, this album has some very catchy and fun songs, Aguilara has really shown the best of herself. Not Myself Tonight is truly amazing, Woohoo, and You Lost Me are also very good. Though the initial song "Bionic" is a major let down. Overall, the album is a rounded 8/10, Definitely worth it's $9.99 price tag.
  32. Mar 23, 2012
    A horrible album for someone talented like Christina Aguilera. I loved her and her music but Bionic is no where near her standards.
  33. Mar 23, 2012
    flooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
  34. Mar 22, 2012
    First album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of theFirst album (I hope its the latter) Christina Aguilera not give full marks. The reason is obvious: Tracks futile comprise 70% of the album. However, contrary to what many say, the album does not shy away from the Bionic concept (which is a mixture of feeling with something robotic), it is clear from the moment you hear the middle of the track, showing that mean the ballads heart of the album, in other words, part sentimental. A great album, yes, but not pro level, Ms. Xtina. Expand
  35. Feb 8, 2012
    I can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song onI can't understand how can someone rate this album 10 out of 10. I dare to say this is her worst album. Xtina's magnificent voice and talent have been ruined thanks to a desperate attempt of her label to compete with Lady Gaga. The only things that save this album from being a mess are her voice and some songs such as 'Not Myself Tonight' or 'You Lost Me' -in my opinion, the best song on the album-. This record is filled with lyrics about sex and doesn't bring anything new or innovative. Expand
  36. Feb 2, 2012
    The album is actually very good. If it were by any other artist than Christina Aguilera, then people would be praising it, I think. It doesn't really show off her [amazing] voice's true potential (although ballad You Lost Me gives glimmers). Highlights are Desnudate and Prima Donna. Lowest point is WooHoo featuring Miss Features, AKA Nicki Minaj.
  37. Sep 13, 2011
    Not at the level of her previous two albums - but still a great record. Her vocals are not really shown off on "Bionic", and she probably tried to copy Gaga too much, that's why it flopped. I think she's been herself.
  38. Sep 12, 2011
  39. Jul 18, 2011
    With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it,With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it, really really not. Yes, her ballads are all popular around the world and are what she's most famous for. Her vocal ability is simply amazing, that is a known fact. Yet she always fails to attract the new generations. All I'm saying is, try singing normally, try to sing something that is more pop and try to make improvements in those songs by using the god-given voice wisely. That ought to make her a music sensation again. Expand
  40. Jul 12, 2011
    It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap.It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap. Bionic should've been a fabulous album, with experimental tracks "Elastic Love", "Bobblehead" and "Birds of Prey" among her most finest achievements. They almost sound like M.I.A. songs. Well, maybe next time she'll learn to balance things up and just make one hellufa pop album. Expand
  41. May 30, 2011
    The album is not that good, however its commercial underperformance is definitely not because of the music, seeing what is doing well right now. "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woohoo" are great tracks.
  42. May 29, 2011
    This album is great! I would say that Christina tried something new for herself, something that really sounds true, and she haven't changed in many ways herself, she found that balance... Along the way, while many others who are now tried in electro-pop. Album multifaceted, each listener will find something that will be liked.
  43. May 26, 2011
    I think how many people perceived this album as a mess is because Christina Aguilera doesn't seem to get that less is more. On the deluxe album there are 23 songs. 13 or 14 which are great. She should'v'e kept it at that. It would've been great then.
  44. Apr 16, 2011
    Christina Aguilera goes from retro Baby Jane to futuristic Madame X in her fourth full-length studio album. The album's inspiration resonates from her pregnancy and life and feeling like a full-accomplished superhuman character, much like a Bionic woman.

The album is filled with different types of electronic songs and eventually transitions into songs of full-emotion and vulnerability. The album ranges from different types of songs and clearly proves that Christina Aguilera can do pretty much anything.

My favourite songs are Desnudate, Prima Donna, Sex For Breakfast, Lift Me Up, I Am (Stripped), Vanity, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. The only song that I don't favor so much would be Elastic Love, as it strikes rather boring to me, but I do like it's electronic elements. All the ballads are wonderful and it's nice to see all this wonderful dance music from Christina.

I give this album a 10 - don't listen to the mainstream critics, it is a great record. I honestly enjoyed it much more than Back to Basics.
  45. Feb 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christina Aguilera is back again telling all the others who has "the voice of the generation", the album is a mix of genres but it's still perfect! The best album of 2010!
    For me the best tracks are: Bionic, WooHoo, Not Myself Tonight, Elastic Love, Prima Donna, Glam, All I Need, I Am, Sex for Breakfast, You Lost Me, I Hate Boys, Stronger than Ever (deluxe) and Little Dreamer (deluxe)!
    I only disliked Bobblehead (deluxe), not that it counts...
  46. Nov 26, 2010
    Xtina's 4th album is satisfying. "Bionic" is a futuristic song deserves to be the title-track and a standout track together with "Not Myself Tonight" which is compared to Lady Gaga's. For me, Xtina's new music is similar to that of M.I.A. and is very different from a pure pop record which is "The Fame". My favorite track which is "Elastic Love" brings a new sexual sound of her. MostXtina's 4th album is satisfying. "Bionic" is a futuristic song deserves to be the title-track and a standout track together with "Not Myself Tonight" which is compared to Lady Gaga's. For me, Xtina's new music is similar to that of M.I.A. and is very different from a pure pop record which is "The Fame". My favorite track which is "Elastic Love" brings a new sexual sound of her. Most ballads of the album are dull and boring. "Vanity" shows her voice. Overall, "Bionic" is a good sexy electropop album. Expand
  47. Nov 17, 2010
    There is no doubt that Christina Aguilera is an incredible singer, but listening to this album you would never know, her voice is cluttered with autotune and electronics that don't suit her vocal style. While her ballads show off her incredible pipes, her uptempo efforts end up drowning her in stuffed, rushed messes. Leave the autotune to Britney.
  48. Sep 24, 2010
    At first I only liked Bionic, Not Myself Tonight, and Woohoo. Then it grew to I Hate Boys, Vanity, and I Am. Then that list grew to Prima Donna, Glam, and I Am Stripped. Then it grew to Desnudate, All I Need, My Girls, and Bobblehead, Some are original Christina, some are the new Xtina. An album that's got good songs, and Aguilera's strong voice outshines herself.
  49. PaulC
    Jun 18, 2010
    The album is great ... Vanity is amazing, Woohoo made me wanna dance, the ballads prove she's a voice that matters ... music critics are not paying enough attention this time ... her work is outstanding.
  50. SaschaP.
    Jun 18, 2010
    "Bionic" certainly does have it's moments: "Elastic Love" for example is a great song. However, there's nothing really new or original to be found here. Overall it's a pretty disappointing record.
  51. NoahH
    Jun 17, 2010
    Xtina's a perfectionist and that's exactly how Bionic sounds. A perfect album, that is solid from beginning to end. A great amount of the tracks are single-worthy. It's quite underrated, people used to say she's oversinging, now I hear she's undersinging. I'd say, don't listen to the negativity and give this album a chance and step into it with a free mind.
  52. BrianS
    Jun 17, 2010
    I really enjoyed most of the album. It's fun, it's got nice bump to it and lots of attitude. Christina does her girl-thing well and, I note, has been doing it for many years. It's not the most original group of songs (not that much is these days) but it's all around fun listening. I especially enjoy Woohoo, Vanity, My Girls, Not Myself Tonight, I Hate Boys.
  53. EricJ
    Jun 17, 2010
    Christina still has a solid voice, but the material on this album is horrendous. She rips off everyone from Britney Spears to Lady Gaga to Madonna without having a voice of her own. At this stage of her career Christina needs an identity and it seems like she is still searching for it.
  54. EnriqueP
    Jun 17, 2010
    Excellent from beginning to end, the only bad thing is the interludes with Max's voice or her husband. That was so uncool.
  55. JoeS
    Jun 15, 2010
    I really found the style confusing and unfocused. It's not original, feels copied from artist like Lady Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna.
  56. MikeJ
    Jun 15, 2010
    This is by far the worst album by this over-zealous singer. While past efforts were contrived, nothing beats this bloated disc! Instead of sounding futuristic, it sounds pathetic and very much the middle of the last decade. I thought the first single was awful, until I heard the remainder of the tracks on that CD. Siphoning off "indie" artists, she proceeds to sing in the respective This is by far the worst album by this over-zealous singer. While past efforts were contrived, nothing beats this bloated disc! Instead of sounding futuristic, it sounds pathetic and very much the middle of the last decade. I thought the first single was awful, until I heard the remainder of the tracks on that CD. Siphoning off "indie" artists, she proceeds to sing in the respective singer/writer's style, losing herself and ... frankly, it's almost for the better! She's totally uncharismatic, rude and incredibly vain and while she can sing, she prefers to shout instead. Yeah, I don't like it, and sorry Xtincta, but f@&k you! Expand
  57. MidoC
    Jun 15, 2010
    I should be honest with this album .. i only liked 3 of the entire songs Bionic, Woohoo and not myself tonight and all of the otehrs are crap .. she surely can do better that this .. i should also mention that she is a copy cat of madonna and lady GAGA
  58. JohnM
    Jun 14, 2010
    Christina Agulera`s Album "BIONIC" show completly all the talent and vocal hability, of course the sound is completly different but it`s a great change. This album is amazing!!!
  59. JennyC.
    Jun 14, 2010
    This the best album in this year! though i prefer to stripped, bionic is also amazing. well done!
  60. JohnC.
    Jun 14, 2010
    This album is PERFECT and it deserves a metascore of 100, not only 57!!! The best tracks (though all of them are brilliant) are Bionic, Not myself tonight, Woohoo, Elastic love, Des Nudites (or Desnudate, whatsover), Glam, Lift me up (first time I heard it, I was totally strucked), All I need, I am, You lost me (brilliant!) and I hate boys.
  61. Aggie
    Jun 13, 2010
    Her vanity and ego cripple this entire effort. Too many references to her vagina and too many demands for listeners to chant her name. Too decent - but similar ballads - can't save this. And distorting or filtering her magnificent voice is like adding flat ginger ale to expensive wine.
  62. KatrinaC.
    Jun 13, 2010
    Good ballads, solid Britney-shaped musical experiments like Elastic Love...and then everything else, which could be worked on and made better...ending the song with her kid saying You Are Mummy was the nail in the coffin for me, on this painful, fake, over-sexed, self-indulgent record.
  63. James
    Jun 12, 2010
    The fourth outing for Christina is a welcome change. I have always been a fan of Aguilera, but I have loved electronic music even more. This album brings the two together into one nice package. The standout tracks on the album have to be "WooHoo" ft. Nicki Minaj, "Prima Donna", and "You Lost Me". While the album sounds futuristic there are a few draw backs in the album. The biggest being The fourth outing for Christina is a welcome change. I have always been a fan of Aguilera, but I have loved electronic music even more. This album brings the two together into one nice package. The standout tracks on the album have to be "WooHoo" ft. Nicki Minaj, "Prima Donna", and "You Lost Me". While the album sounds futuristic there are a few draw backs in the album. The biggest being "Elastic Love". This is the M.I.A song.... the only thing is it does not even sound like a Christina Aguilera song. It is a bit of a disapointment. I suggest that everyone should give the album a listen, and you will be playing it all summer long. Expand
  64. BryanC.
    Jun 12, 2010
    This is an underrated album. The comparisons are way off. This deserves to be successful.
  65. SpuddMonkey
    Jun 12, 2010
    HUGE disappointment. Her beautiful voice is wasted and covered up electronically. I could have enjoyed an electronically enhanced pop album but it's all uninspired copycat stuff for at least 90% of the album. Christina could have done so much better than this and has in the past - esp her last album. Stick with the old school style it suits you so much better!
  66. ArmenS
    Jun 11, 2010
    Once you get past the idiotic comparisons critics seem stuck on, this is an amazing album, filled with many varied layers.
  67. Santix
    Jun 11, 2010
    This is a great album. Ok, it has more up-tempo's than ballads, but as Christina said 'Im not gonna sit on a stool singing ballad after ballad' Not even Celine Dion does that... So let the woman have fun, for god's sake. I think it's a very daring album, songs like Bionic, Elastic Love, Monday Morning, My girls, Birds of Prey sound very different from what we This is a great album. Ok, it has more up-tempo's than ballads, but as Christina said 'Im not gonna sit on a stool singing ballad after ballad' Not even Celine Dion does that... So let the woman have fun, for god's sake. I think it's a very daring album, songs like Bionic, Elastic Love, Monday Morning, My girls, Birds of Prey sound very different from what we always hear from Xtina. All I Need and I am showcase her voice without going too far. You Lost Me and Lift Me Up are totally Xtina ballads. The fact that she mixed singing and talking-rapping makes it even more fun (Woohoo, Bobblehead, I Hate Boys, Vanity) Glam is very soft and rhytmic until the bridge comes, and we can hear Xtina going up and strong. Desnudate is a great club-banger, sexually charged song (one of the best on the album, IMO). And last but not least, Prima Donna,, Stronger than Ever and Sex for Breakfast which I think are the weakest songs on the album, but that doesn't mean they're awful. I give it a 10. Expand
  68. HumbertoC
    Jun 11, 2010
    It is so amazing. Christina really does it again! She is so versatile, amazing vocals! Really satisfies her fans!
  69. SeanB.
    Jun 11, 2010
    The ballads such as I Am, and You Lost me are beautiful and showcase her powerful voice. Bionic offers something to everyone. Upbeat tracks such as Glam, Prima Donna, Desnudate are party starters.Christina Aguilera can do no wrong on this album.
  70. NateW.
    Jun 11, 2010
    I got Bionic last Friday and have been listening to ONLY Bionic since. 7 days going strong and I am loving every single track. These songs are addictive. I cannot wait to get on to a dance floor with these beats blasting through the speakers. It is a fun record. She isn't taking herself too seriously. She is experimenting and exploring new and exciting places. I am beyond happy with I got Bionic last Friday and have been listening to ONLY Bionic since. 7 days going strong and I am loving every single track. These songs are addictive. I cannot wait to get on to a dance floor with these beats blasting through the speakers. It is a fun record. She isn't taking herself too seriously. She is experimenting and exploring new and exciting places. I am beyond happy with this record. I have been a die-hard Christina fan since 1998 and will never stop supporting her. She is a true artist - a true visionary. Expand
  71. SamS
    Jun 11, 2010
    10 for the Deluxe edition! Maybe a 9 for the regular 18-track edition. Elastic Love/Birds of Prey/Glam prove that this isn't your regular attempt at an electronic album by a Pop artist! Other songs to look out for - I am, You Lost Me, Woohoo, Prima Donna, I Hate Boys.
  72. LinD
    Jun 11, 2010
    This album was supposed to be the product of Christina's experimentation with different kinds of music. Sadly, it consists mainly of recycled electrobeats and awful lyrics. Some consolation comes from the songs produced by Switch and Ladytron but that's all there is to it. Fans will love it, nobody else will.
  73. elizabeth
    Jun 11, 2010
    I had mildly high hopes for this album the more I read details. I was disappointed when I heard "woo-hoo" but now after buying her cd anyway (how can I resist?) I must say that I'm really enjoying it thus far. Her ballads are beautiful as usual, but her other songs are really fun. I don't really get the Lady Gaga comparison, especially since everyone is turning to dance music I had mildly high hopes for this album the more I read details. I was disappointed when I heard "woo-hoo" but now after buying her cd anyway (how can I resist?) I must say that I'm really enjoying it thus far. Her ballads are beautiful as usual, but her other songs are really fun. I don't really get the Lady Gaga comparison, especially since everyone is turning to dance music lately anyway, but her songs still adhere to similar subject matter that she's always had in her songs and her sound is different than gaga's. Plus either not many people know, or just don't say it but Gaga has at times a similar voice to Xtina's, this is due to the fact that Gaga got vocal lessons from xtina's voice coach and she perhaps wanted to emulate xtina's voice. I love them both and consider both to be my fave pop artists actually, so I want them to have lots of success!!!!!! Expand
  74. NakeyaF
    Jun 11, 2010
    Bionic is for her fans! Who are these "critics" to judge. Good job Christina, I have been partying hard and relaxing hard with this CD. Im a fan.
  75. JebsenG
    Jun 10, 2010
    this is her best work of art ever.her voice keeps getting better ten years in the business she is here to stay her ballads are great! she is stand out talent from today's crappy auto-tuned music.
  76. KevinT
    Jun 10, 2010
    A very interesting album to listen to. I beleive it is Crafted well and is also very entertaining.
  77. JamesW
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album, critics dont know good music at all.
  78. MikeC
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album, no matter what stupid 50+ year old critics say. This album is for young people who know how to have fun, not for old farts who live in their parents basement thinking they know what real music is cause they get paid to write about it. ...like that Rob S. dude who writes for RollingStones, total idiot. Pick up the deluxe edition of this album, its amazing!
  79. TimothyH
    Jun 10, 2010
    Its a classic pop album, pop has, over the last decades, evolved into so many unique personalities and sounds, Christina captured each one on this record. Critics will be in an uproar because Ms. Aguilera dared to be different, she dared to conquer every element of pop; from soft pop, to r&b pop to electro pop. The very thing that elevates this album above her contemporaries is the fact Its a classic pop album, pop has, over the last decades, evolved into so many unique personalities and sounds, Christina captured each one on this record. Critics will be in an uproar because Ms. Aguilera dared to be different, she dared to conquer every element of pop; from soft pop, to r&b pop to electro pop. The very thing that elevates this album above her contemporaries is the fact that Aguilera, did not do, what the critics expected; stay inside the box. There is truly something for everyone on this album. And just like Stripped, when all the smoke has cleared and the critics have ceased, Bionic will be another classic album Christina will be able to add to her discography. Don't listen to the crtics they study "current" music, a task that must be DAUNTING! Expand
  80. AliasQ
    Jun 10, 2010
    Honestly, the best she had since Stripped. Stripped was so great because it was so multilayered and versatile, Bionic pretty much guarantees some for everybody The ballads are out of this world. Other key tracks: Monday Morning, Birds of Prey, Bionic, and Elastic Love.
  81. JerryH
    Jun 10, 2010
    BIONIC is an instant classic. The critics have always hated Christina, but after 10years she's still here. It's sad critics hate on one of the few artist's with a vioce. Britney, Kesha, and Katy Perry get better review so it puts things in perspective. Old critics trying to be "hip" by jumping on the Perez bandwagon; Classy and Professional.
  82. StalloneT
    Jun 10, 2010
    surely the best futuristic sound with great vocal from Christina best pop album of 2010 I think :)
  83. Melly
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album from beginning to end.
  84. ParadisR
    Jun 10, 2010
    What a diverse collection of songs! I have loved her evolution since the Stripped days. She is a talented singer/songwrites and is clearly the voice of this generation.
  85. SergioS
    Jun 10, 2010
    It's an amazing album. Fun and deep. Playfull and introspective. Electro and organic.
  86. ShalinaL
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album, original music, amazing production, and of course, AMAZING VOCALS! Spotlight for Little Dreamer and Elastic Love.
  87. anad
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is awesome I love it is such a fun record. My favs are You lost me, Little dreamer, Elastic Love and Vanity. I'm totally Jamming to this record right now!
  88. reneb
    Jun 10, 2010
    I think the way she uses her voice differently is just about every track really shows just how versatile and BIONIC her vocal talent is. She goes dark balads to fun pop songs about hating boys. The range on this album is great and it's a plan and simple awesome pop album.
  89. AlexD
    Jun 10, 2010
    So the 4 year hiatus of Xtina didn't let me down. She was inspired a lot, she's sexier than ever and she's back to her throne. What can i say? The collaborators list is fantastic. Ladytron did an amazing job on Birds of Pray and Little Dreamer, Sia wrote some of Christina's best ballads, M.I.A. led Christina to different paths of music and Santigold made Christina So the 4 year hiatus of Xtina didn't let me down. She was inspired a lot, she's sexier than ever and she's back to her throne. What can i say? The collaborators list is fantastic. Ladytron did an amazing job on Birds of Pray and Little Dreamer, Sia wrote some of Christina's best ballads, M.I.A. led Christina to different paths of music and Santigold made Christina bionic!! I need more! THe album combines many kinds of music and it's so interesting to hear Christina's voice because it's unique and different in many songs. The only thing i don't like is the lyrics. Stripped and Back to Basics had more inspired lyrics. The booklet and in general the artwork is brilliant. Good job Christina! Expand
  90. evelynm
    Jun 10, 2010
    Chrisitna Aguilera has more than a few gems on this album. I love the versatility and the fact that she can give me a song like "NMT" and than she goes and gives me something like "You Lost Me".
  91. ArthuroT
    Jun 10, 2010
    Such a great vocalist and a fun record. I'm not a big fan of her, but she keeps changing everything in her image and her music, and I guess it's a wonderful thing for a young pop artist!
  92. VictoriaR
    Jun 10, 2010
    I haven't listened to Christina in awhile. I caught NOT MYSELF TONIGHT on radio one day when I was driving back from work and got excited because it was a new song. I decided to look Christina up. I gave the album a listen and ended up buying it off itunes. Its definitely my favorite album this year. ps. the version i bought on itunes has 5 deluxe tracks and a bonus track called I haven't listened to Christina in awhile. I caught NOT MYSELF TONIGHT on radio one day when I was driving back from work and got excited because it was a new song. I decided to look Christina up. I gave the album a listen and ended up buying it off itunes. Its definitely my favorite album this year. ps. the version i bought on itunes has 5 deluxe tracks and a bonus track called "Little Dreamer" which i really enjoyed. Expand
  93. AlexM
    Jun 10, 2010
    BIONIC is the best album of the year 'nuff said. Christina has reinvented herself once again and does a damn good job at it. This woman can do it all. Shes amazing and an all around artist. The way she plays with her voice is truly jaw opening. I've never seen a mainstream vocalist be as versatile as Christina. Check out BIONIC u wont be disappointed. Production is also killer BIONIC is the best album of the year 'nuff said. Christina has reinvented herself once again and does a damn good job at it. This woman can do it all. Shes amazing and an all around artist. The way she plays with her voice is truly jaw opening. I've never seen a mainstream vocalist be as versatile as Christina. Check out BIONIC u wont be disappointed. Production is also killer and top notch. My favorite tracks are Bionic,Lift Me Up, I Am, Vanity, Birds Of Prey, Stronger than Ever and Bobblehead. Make sure to pick up the deluxe version as it has 5 deluxe extra tracks!! Expand
  94. ChelseyZ
    Jun 10, 2010
    Critics should shut their bias up, the only influence this album has is Madonna! Nothing wrong with that imho.
  95. DavidP
    Jun 10, 2010
    Not really into this chick music but I just had to get this album for the Ladytron.
  96. KatyN
    Jun 10, 2010
    Its been so long since her last album, 4 years actually but its worth it cause this is the album of the summer!
  97. JohnnyT
    Jun 10, 2010
    Birds of Prey is the best song, make sure you get the deluxe.
  98. Jai
    Jun 10, 2010
    I always look forward to her music and Bionic did not disappoint. Her voice is like no other and she really shines on all types of songs here, especially the ballads and deluxe tracks. Not to mention the album artwork is stunning. Job very well done!
  99. LaceyJ
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is one of the BEST pop albums of the past 5 years!

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.