• Record Label: RCA
  • Release Date: Jun 8, 2010
7.9

Review this album

1. Jul 12, 2011
    It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap.It's ridiculous how she could dedicate the whole thing to her baby. It's all sexed-up and, well, completely ridiculous! But when I said ridiculous, I mean it's crazy in the Gaga-est sense. It could pass on as a great dance album. Dance tunes plus bonus tracks make-up her greatest collection ever. But really, with those yawners in one side of the ship, the audiences are drowning in her sap. Bionic should've been a fabulous album, with experimental tracks "Elastic Love", "Bobblehead" and "Birds of Prey" among her most finest achievements. They almost sound like M.I.A. songs. Well, maybe next time she'll learn to balance things up and just make one hellufa pop album. Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2011
    Not at the level of her previous two albums - but still a great record. Her vocals are not really shown off on "Bionic", and she probably tried to copy Gaga too much, that's why it flopped. I think she's been herself.
  3. Feb 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Christina Aguilera is back again telling all the others who has "the voice of the generation", the album is a mix of genres but it's still perfect! The best album of 2010!
    For me the best tracks are: Bionic, WooHoo, Not Myself Tonight, Elastic Love, Prima Donna, Glam, All I Need, I Am, Sex for Breakfast, You Lost Me, I Hate Boys, Stronger than Ever (deluxe) and Little Dreamer (deluxe)!
    I only disliked Bobblehead (deluxe), not that it counts...
  4. Apr 16, 2011
    Christina Aguilera goes from retro Baby Jane to futuristic Madame X in her fourth full-length studio album. The album's inspiration resonates from her pregnancy and life and feeling like a full-accomplished superhuman character, much like a Bionic woman.

The album is filled with different types of electronic songs and eventually transitions into songs of full-emotion and vulnerability. The album ranges from different types of songs and clearly proves that Christina Aguilera can do pretty much anything.

My favourite songs are Desnudate, Prima Donna, Sex For Breakfast, Lift Me Up, I Am (Stripped), Vanity, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. The only song that I don't favor so much would be Elastic Love, as it strikes rather boring to me, but I do like it's electronic elements. All the ballads are wonderful and it's nice to see all this wonderful dance music from Christina.

I give this album a 10 - don't listen to the mainstream critics, it is a great record. I honestly enjoyed it much more than Back to Basics.
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    The album is actually very good. If it were by any other artist than Christina Aguilera, then people would be praising it, I think. It doesn't really show off her [amazing] voice's true potential (although ballad You Lost Me gives glimmers). Highlights are Desnudate and Prima Donna. Lowest point is WooHoo featuring Miss Features, AKA Nicki Minaj.
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito criticado, porem poucos enxergaram a beleza contida nesse cd ele inspirado, renovador e traz ao pop um lado totalmente diferente, não acho que The Fame da cantora Lady GaGa fique muito em cima de Bionic, embora muito dos críticos descordam!
  7. Sep 12, 2011
    Altought this album doesn't reach the great sounds of Stripped, Christina did her best as ever. The up-tempo songs like Not Myself Tonight are really energic. The best song of the album is a ballad, Lift Me Up sang beautifully.
  8. Christine
    Jun 9, 2010
    Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is Christina Aguilera's 4th studio LP "Bionic" tells the tale of a woman who's just here to have fun. Playful, aggressive, sweet, melancholic - "Bionic" encompasses and incites a range of emotion. It's here that we find Christina at her most experimental, particularly with her voice. With a long list of producers who contributed their many talents to the record, "Bionic" is easily one of the best pop albums in recent years. Standout tracks: Elastic Love Prima Donna I Am You Lost Me Vanity Birds of Prey (Deluxe) Monday Morning (Deluxe) Little Dreamer (Deluxe). Expand
  9. Mar 23, 2012
    flooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
  10. RickD
    Jun 8, 2010
    Her narcissism makes her unlikable.
  11. MidoC
    Jun 15, 2010
    I should be honest with this album .. i only liked 3 of the entire songs Bionic, Woohoo and not myself tonight and all of the otehrs are crap .. she surely can do better that this .. i should also mention that she is a copy cat of madonna and lady GAGA
  12. M.Foy
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album is not what I expected from this girl. The ballads are bigger than the electronic elements she brought into this "Bionic", and the tracklist contains 18 songs, such a LP that can't keep anybody keen on listening this album.
  13. MariaB.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina is just the best singer of her generation!! and this album shows just that!!
  14. TylerD
    Jun 10, 2010
    Copycat. I've got all the original artists songs and CDs already. No need to buy this outdated and copying the trends CD.
  15. RogerD
    Jun 10, 2010
    Worst album of the year. I already have all the songs of the artists she's copying.
  16. Michael
    Jun 10, 2010
    Christina Aguilera is the most versatile artist out there. Bionic is a masterpiece.
  17. BrunoL
    Jun 10, 2010
    I love this album, so much diversity. From track #1 to #25, it's perfect!
  18. KatrinaC.
    Jun 13, 2010
    Good ballads, solid Britney-shaped musical experiments like Elastic Love...and then everything else, which could be worked on and made better...ending the song with her kid saying You Are Mummy was the nail in the coffin for me, on this painful, fake, over-sexed, self-indulgent record.
  19. May 29, 2011
    This album is great! I would say that Christina tried something new for herself, something that really sounds true, and she haven't changed in many ways herself, she found that balance... Along the way, while many others who are now tried in electro-pop. Album multifaceted, each listener will find something that will be liked.
  20. Jul 18, 2011
    With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it,With no doubt, the worst of Aguilera's 4 albums. There are good songs indeed, like "Bionic", but the way she distinguishes herself as this unbelievably inappropriate slut in the album is not favorable at all. She tried a new genre, that's good, but she did it the wrong way. Christina seems to think that showing off her vocal ability is always good for her. But if you really think about it, really really not. Yes, her ballads are all popular around the world and are what she's most famous for. Her vocal ability is simply amazing, that is a known fact. Yet she always fails to attract the new generations. All I'm saying is, try singing normally, try to sing something that is more pop and try to make improvements in those songs by using the god-given voice wisely. That ought to make her a music sensation again. Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2012
    A horrible album for someone talented like Christina Aguilera. I loved her and her music but Bionic is no where near her standards.
  22. May 25, 2012
    I must score this based on the WHOLE album. Just 1/4 of the album is great and 3/4 of the album went downhill. Although she is one of the best singers of her generation, this album of hers doesn't work for me.....
  23. Aug 24, 2013
    The album feels outdated even at first listen back during its release. In its ambitious attempts to tap on the then-new and rising synthpop-raver mainstream audio, her giant eighteen-wheeler truck loaded with bionic mannequins made a sharp right turn into pop culture and tumbled its way across the VMA stage, two meters short of the table where the cool popstars sit.

Christina tries very

Christina tries very hard to be experimentally, both vocally and in production; assuming she plays any part in the latter. Every once in a while comes a few moments of the album where her Christina capitalizes her vocal prowess to its full potential; but every other time it sounds like a bloated; reheated EDM-wannabe record. It has yet to prove itself worthy to sit on either extreme end of the danceable-ballad spectrum; and yet when it sits in the middle; it would have been in the most ungraceful manner possible. Tracks like Elastic Love and Bionic remain as highlights of the album; but two potential hits couldn't really balance out the sixteen fillers.

Whether or not Christina can regain the 5 seconds of fame she had during the promotions of Genie in a Bottle. Maybe in a 2014 album she can take a backseat in the songwriting process because; it seems to be the only factor bringing her down; aside from her attitude over a self-proclaimed pop artist reputation.
  24. Aug 24, 2013
    This is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I amThis is the probably the most underrated album of 2010, it seems like some people do not have objectivity and based their opinion on its sales not for its content, it is known that the album didn't go gold or platinum like others of Christina but the album is not bad, is great instead. In my opinion, Christina and Sia's work was perfect, simple and magic, songs like You lost me and I am show the well known Christina's abilty to sing, I guess it was a mistake to release 2 versions of the album because the deluxe edition contains 2 of the best songs of the album that are Monday Morning (a very cool synthpop song that would have been a good single) and Birds of prey (this song fits perfectly with the real futuristic theme she was trying to achieve) unfortunately comparisons with Lady Gaga didn't let this album to sell a little more and Christina to go on tour (the bionic tour would have been amazing)
    What is interesting is that this album was the most second album downloaded illegally, people call it "a flop" but they are too hard on Christina's work.
  25. DanielP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    What an amazing Album. I cannot believe Christina is doint this type of music, but still keeps the classic balads without an electronic touch. This album has a different type of music for everyone. The best tracks: Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, Elastic Love and Bionic. Thank you Christina for doing such an amazing album!
  26. cesarb.
    Excelente disco.
  27. RezJ
    Jun 8, 2010
    She knows how to dazzle her audience and everytime she comes back, she brings something new and "Bionic" is the one of them. they can name it as a Huge breakthrough after 4 years of being away from music. it's brilliant!
  28. JoshP.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and Bionic is an album of POP GOLD with fantastic uptempo songs such as Elastic Love,Glam,Bionic,Prima Donna and WOOHOO! and some of the greatest ballads she has ever recorded. Christina's masterpiece and the critics don't do the album justice, plus not all the critics have been accounted for either! Bionic is a masterpiece pop album and her most personal and fun if deepest and grooviest!! coolest album of 2010 if the BEST ALBUM OF 2010 Expand
  29. AlanS.
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is really good. there is a song for everyone. the ballads are the strongest point in the album but the up beat tempo tracks are very fun and catchy. I recommend that you buy this :D congrats Christina!
  30. Lucy
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is a complete mess. It is not electronic but it is not pop. It is not r&b but it is not soul either. It's a little bit of everything, and everything is mixed. I get what they wanted for this album, but they failed to accomplish it. Christina said a lot of times that she wanted somenthing futuristic. Then she said the album was going to be short and sweet. Now we have some 19 Bionic is a complete mess. It is not electronic but it is not pop. It is not r&b but it is not soul either. It's a little bit of everything, and everything is mixed. I get what they wanted for this album, but they failed to accomplish it. Christina said a lot of times that she wanted somenthing futuristic. Then she said the album was going to be short and sweet. Now we have some 19 songs that don't match with that statements. There are some good songs, but most of them are credited as "bonus" (Birds Of Prey, Stronger Then Ever and Monday Morning) in the deluxe edition of the album. Expand
  31. HC
    Jun 8, 2010
    I love every track. The ballads are beautiful and the uptempo songs are great. Recommend!
  32. PabloM
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album starts with Bionic, giving a certain excitement about what is to come. This first song is quite unique, and I felt it has mixed Christina
  33. PedroI.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a Bionic showcases the personal growth this amazing and powerful woman has achieved in the years since her 'Back to Basics' album. It reflects her fun and naughty side (in songs like Not Myself Tonight, Glam, I Hate Boys, My Girls, Vanity), her vulnerability (in songs like Lift Me Up, All I Need, You Lost Me) and her vision of the future (Bionic, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey) on a cohesive and entertaining roller coaster of emotions. Expand
  34. DemiR
    Jun 8, 2010
    One of the greatest pop records of all time! Never been a big fan of Christina with this album she comes back stronger than ever, proving pop can be just as fun yet soulful at the same time as every other genre! Thumbs up!
  35. EV
    Jun 8, 2010
    I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem I think Bionic is a great album, when looking at the context. I think that she has been constantly scrutinized for over-singing and has tried to do things differently in the album. Minus 2 songs the album was an enjoyable experience. The critics did the same thing during the Stripped era and the album turned out to be a great and mature record. Lets hope the critics realize what a gem this album is just like Stripped and Back to Basics are. Collapse
  36. JonathanM
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is fantastic. "Bionic", "Elastic love", "Glam", "I am", "You Lost me" and "Vanity" are masterpieces. Love it!!!! Christina is a genius!!!
  37. MarioR.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Incredible, modern and fresh.
  38. KarissaG
    Jun 8, 2010
    I really like this album. Although I would consider it a slight notch below Back to Basics, it's still a really strong entry. The deluxe tracks are what really impressed me. Those songs with Santigold should have been on the normal version rather than say Not Myslef Tonight.
  39. AnthonyP
    Jun 8, 2010
    While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still While most critics aim to compare this effort for Xtina to those of current Pop Stars, the album offers what many others fail to do: a vocally strong album. It's an album you can listen from beginning to end, every song offers up something different and that's important. And when Aguilera delivers her ballads, she does it so effortlessly that it reminds us why she is still superior to other pop acts out there. Expand
  40. JustinS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you Christina isn't afraid of trying anything new, and she puts that to the test here. Although there are some missteps, the overall album is a rewarding experience for anyone willing to devour this slowly. This album is not the immediate, hooky, overfed pop on the radio, this is Christina Aguilera doing things her own way. Some say this is dated, desperate, and unoriginal, but if you listen closely you will find some of Christina's best work among this group of songs. Sequencing is a problem on the first listen with the ballads placed erratically, but this fades on repeat listens. The bonus material is just as strong than the standard edition material. Personal favorites include: Stronger Than Ever, You Lost Me, Bionic, Sex for Breakfast, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey, Little Dreamer, and I Am. Expand
  41. ChristopherP
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is Christina's best and most diverse record since 2002's Stripped. A masterpiece!
  42. JonathanW
    Jun 8, 2010
    there are only a few real songs.
  43. DavidB
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina has no idea of who she is musically. She has always had a great voice but never has had anything worthwhile to say. This album is abysmal.
  44. Craig
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album is OK, but Christiana is all over the place on this album. The first half reminded me of 80's electronic new wave. Then she went and played several R&B love songs. And she finishes up with several songs that must not have made the Stripped album. There are probably half a dozen good songs on here. There is too much filler, and she inflates the set list with a number of The album is OK, but Christiana is all over the place on this album. The first half reminded me of 80's electronic new wave. Then she went and played several R&B love songs. And she finishes up with several songs that must not have made the Stripped album. There are probably half a dozen good songs on here. There is too much filler, and she inflates the set list with a number of short worthless intros. Expand
  45. JaneS
    Jun 8, 2010
    Geez..very good album, and Gaga did not invent anything...puleeze...I love Gaga and Xtina but Xtina has been in game for over 10 years and deserves some respect. The US media has been awful to her..like a pck of Perez Hiltons. YUCK...GO Xtina!!!
  46. Manny
    Jun 8, 2010
    Love it! Her best album! the ballads are the best of her career and its jsut a great fun pop album.
  47. mikkamikka
    Jun 8, 2010
    Christina always reivent herself, and brings her touch in the commercial pop business.
  48. DorigaA.
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bionic is exactly what Christina Aguilera promised-Fun and light-heartedness. I enjoyed Bionic from the Title Track all the way through I Am (Stripped). What I like most about the album is that there's a little something for everyone. You can make your own tracklisting as you may not like all 20 tracks and 3 intros. My favorites are Bionic, WooHoo, Desnudate, Primma Donna, I Am, You Bionic is exactly what Christina Aguilera promised-Fun and light-heartedness. I enjoyed Bionic from the Title Track all the way through I Am (Stripped). What I like most about the album is that there's a little something for everyone. You can make your own tracklisting as you may not like all 20 tracks and 3 intros. My favorites are Bionic, WooHoo, Desnudate, Primma Donna, I Am, You Lost Me, Vanity, Monday Morning, Bobblehead, Birds of Prey, and Stronger Than Ever. Expand
  49. Ajd
    Jun 8, 2010
    This is a drag. All Her talent wasted on beat heavy and superficial pop music. she should at-least try to separate her self and form her own identity. The music here is emotionless, immature and boring. Go cop Toni Braxton's abum "Pulse", Now that is music!
  50. RichardH
    Jun 8, 2010
    I really enjoyed Stripped and B2B better, but this Album is very catchy and uplifting. Empowerment, what a great message Christina sends through many of the songs on this album. =) Be yourself, don't let others tell you what to do, or who to be.
  51. Yuri
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is classic One of the more cool Pop albums of the decade Eletronic beats, catchy lyrics and a lot a sassy girl power Aguilera is redefined herself like a Barbarella
  52. yourmom
    Jun 8, 2010
    This album is amazing, it has something for everybody and I love how she has branched out and worked with non-pop artists!
  53. KwinM
    Jun 8, 2010
    Xtina's new CD has a nice mix of songs. There are a few duds, but over a few good club hits, and a fresh sound that I appreciate nowadays. Death to autotune! Celebrate originality!
  54. LaylaAli
    Jun 8, 2010
    The album only had two good tracks and two just okay ones. The rest were trash.
  55. CruzH
    Jun 9, 2010
    After four years waiting, Christina released her brand new LP, Bionic, the songs on the album are diverse, therefore, it still prove how well she can sing different type of songs. Her album speaks for itself, and it's nothing like other singers'. well done, Christina Aguilera.
  56. JonC.
    Jun 9, 2010
    Overall, xtina's new album is her boldest work to date. She's delivered on the promise of creating a futuristic sound that is unlike much of the stuff playing on the radio today, this, perhaps, is the reason why listeners aren't responding favorably. However, this album offers something for everyone, from up-beat club tunes ("Not Myself Tonight") to awe-inspiring ballads ( Overall, xtina's new album is her boldest work to date. She's delivered on the promise of creating a futuristic sound that is unlike much of the stuff playing on the radio today, this, perhaps, is the reason why listeners aren't responding favorably. However, this album offers something for everyone, from up-beat club tunes ("Not Myself Tonight") to awe-inspiring ballads ( "I Am" and "You Lost Me") and from fun and energetic anthems ("I Hate Boys" and "My Girls") to mesmerizing electro-infused numbers ("Elastic Love," "Monday Morning," and "Birds of Prey"). Having said that, some tracks like "Sex For Breakfast" and "Vanity" (the two intros as well) are a little boring and could have been scrapped in favor of the better -perhaps more representative of the experimental sound she was aiming for- bonus tracks found in the deluxe edition. Two thumbs way up for effort! Expand
  57. armandoa
    Jun 9, 2010
    I've never purchased a Xtina album. I must say that I've always thought she could sing. Seeing her venture out on her last album with the retro sounds made me realize she's definitely not afraid to experiment. When I heard she was working with Sia, M.I.A., Switch and Santigold I couldn't wait. Those collaborations are all what they promised to be...Pretty amazing. I I've never purchased a Xtina album. I must say that I've always thought she could sing. Seeing her venture out on her last album with the retro sounds made me realize she's definitely not afraid to experiment. When I heard she was working with Sia, M.I.A., Switch and Santigold I couldn't wait. Those collaborations are all what they promised to be...Pretty amazing. I wish they would have put the bonus tracks in and gotten rid of other less interesing songs like the lead single, Woohoo and even glam. The new wave of Monday Morning and Bounce of Bobble Head could have replaced Glam and Prima Donna. Birds of Pray was quality as well. Expand
  58. ManuelD.
    Jun 9, 2010
    Amazing album! Her bes one yet.
  59. JonatanS
    Jun 9, 2010
    It is a fearless album. Not easy to eat, more sophisticated and few people will get it. Now, trash like Kesha or Rihanna are the number ones, but they just do hits. XTina is an artist.
  60. AlexC.
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is defintely one of this years best pop albums. Electric, supersonic, futuristic indeed. The title track tones down Aguilera's voice, something differen from shat she has done before. Her voice in most of the songs is a actually soothing to the ear. The album does lose you a little with 5 back to back ballads. It becomes a bore throughout that section. However it comes This album is defintely one of this years best pop albums. Electric, supersonic, futuristic indeed. The title track tones down Aguilera's voice, something differen from shat she has done before. Her voice in most of the songs is a actually soothing to the ear. The album does lose you a little with 5 back to back ballads. It becomes a bore throughout that section. However it comes right back up with her fast paced "We will rock you" beat wounding song, I hate boys. Definitely a throw back to her "Cant Hold Us Down" days. It is followed by the Peaches produced song "My Girls," another upbeat song about just having fun! the deluxe version includes a track called "Bobblehead." if you were to take Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl," modernize it, and make fun of it at the same time, that is what you'll get with this track. Definitely a floor stomping song. It Also includes the "Fighter" sounding "Stonger than Ever" and the Ladytron produced "Birds of Prey." The latter sounds like a hot Jennifer Paige ("Crush") mixed with Alice in Wonderland and the Matrix all together. Othe great songs? The vogue-esque "Glam". She definitely shows off her old voice (like her old self) mid song as she does with "Vanity." Also, "Prima Donna" is a great hip hop track to be looking out for in the clubs. Overall, a great dance album. The ballads lose you a little bit, but overall the artist's best album to date. Deluxe songs are definitely worth the extra money! Expand
  61. LukeC.
    Jun 10, 2010
    A phenomenal album with enough pop uptempos and ballads to keep anyone happy. Xtina is truly inspired on this one, possibly even beating her best album to date, 'Stripped'.
  62. RJC
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album! It's definitely a new sound for Christina. The album should be considered a "fun" album, not to be taken so serious and judged by it's lyrical content.
  63. RomelS
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album. Flawless from beginning to end, i suggest everyone go out and buy a copy of the deluxe edition, its WELL worth the money.
  64. CarlosHK
    Jun 10, 2010
    the best album of the last 4 years. exactly what we were waiting, futuristic sound with ballads that show Christina's voice and nothing more. That's Christina, no one else.
  65. JenniferSweeny
    Jun 10, 2010
    The ballads on this album shine through like no other, perfect album.
  66. DarrelJohnston
    Jun 10, 2010
    I got this album for the ballads, very moving!
  67. VannaC
    Jun 10, 2010
    Bionic has more than a hint of schizophrenia. It is at times unnerving, predictable, and contradictory, yet manages to be cohesive, interesting, and most importantly, fun. While newcomers create music that purports to be "Electronica," this album actually ventures into that very nuanced world, and draws from it a pulsing, living rhythm that does right by the world that inspired its creation.
  68. FredericG
    Jun 10, 2010
    This is a great new re-invention from Christina. This album is orignal with all the collaborator, there is song for everyone on this record since there is a great variety of genre but it keeps in the futuristic vain.
  69. PhoebeM
    Jun 10, 2010
    Bionic may not be Christina's best offering, but it comes close. The album is promoted as being the lovechild of Christina and Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia and M.I.A - the artists that she worked with before filming her debut movie, Burlesque. Unfortunately she had a change of heart, and delightfully haunting songs like "Birds of Prey" by Ladytron are relegated to the back of the deluxe Bionic may not be Christina's best offering, but it comes close. The album is promoted as being the lovechild of Christina and Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Sia and M.I.A - the artists that she worked with before filming her debut movie, Burlesque. Unfortunately she had a change of heart, and delightfully haunting songs like "Birds of Prey" by Ladytron are relegated to the back of the deluxe version, and replaced by the unwisely chosen first single, Not Myself Tonight. There are enough tracks on the album to be able to ignore the infantile embarrassment of Not Myself Tonight, Woo Hoo, and I Hate Boys. The aforementioned Birds of Prey is a highlight, containing witty lyrics about The Matrix and Wonderland in a surprisingly restrained vocal performance that is reminiscent of the Middle East. The tracks with Sia are easily the highlights of the album. All I Need, a lullaby to her son Max, is a little too sugary sweet, but I Am is a love song with the perfect balance of self deprecation and respectl, and nobody with a soul can avoid being moved by the power of Lift Me Up and You Lost Me. Of the uptempos, Elastic Love is the most captivating. Stationary related lyrics that initially seem silly actually paint a very vivid picture of a topsy turvy relationship. Vanity closes the standard version of the album with a tongue in cheek declaration of "Who owns the throne?" - a hilarious three minute take on the claims of arrogance that have bombarded her throuhgout her career. With a little less of the focus on sex and hot beats, and a little more deference to the indie producers and writers that were part of Christina's initial vision, the record could be perfect. Expand
  70. FranzO
    Jun 10, 2010
    It's an amazing album that has everything for everyone. I love its diversity which some people do not appreciate. I think that is what makes it a strong record. The benefits from this outweigh the disadvantages so I don't mind - it's amazing to listen to.
  71. AmyS
    Jun 10, 2010
    Christina Aguilera has an amazing voice but I'm glad she branched out and did some fun dance music this time. She is very talented and the album will be a Summer fave.
  72. ozzyn.
    Jun 10, 2010
    A fantastic album, I love the way this girl constantly reinvents herself. No other female artist of this generation has the versatility and voice that Christina possesses. Bionic is an electric in your face album that's awesome from beginning to end. the perfect album for this summer.
  73. JoseA.
    Jun 10, 2010
    Its always interesting to see what Christina Aguilera is going to do next, I never understand why so many people dislike her, this album is so much fun and amazing! I love how she showcases her voice.
  74. SvetlanaR.
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album rocks my socks.
  75. WalterT
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album, the best of her carrer. Great beats, different vocals. Definetely the best pop singer out there and the voice of our generation!
  76. KimP.
    Jun 10, 2010
    Love this album! it's a mix of everything that makes Christina the best! her vocals are on point as usual.
  77. DavidG
    Jun 10, 2010
    Christina has once again out done herself. She's gone into a field that's completely unlike her previous album's sound, and has reinvented the sound for herself. Every song has its own personality and exemplify Christina's unparalleled diversity and charisma. The album is entertaining for any listener and inspirational for her fans.
  78. FátimaMoreira
    Jun 10, 2010
    BIONIC OMG this album is AMAZING All the song All the nasty lyrics Everything in this album is EPEIC She is A PRIMA DONNA WHO CAN RULE THE WORLD BITCHES!!!!
  79. KembaI
    Jun 10, 2010
    Every song on Bionic has a purpose. As usually Christina brings sass, pain, love, joy, playfulness, and so much more. There are 19 new songs and 1 stripped version so 20 in all, and if you don't like some, it doesn't matter because you can get rid of them and still have a full album. Bionic, Elastic Love, Sex For Breakfast, Vanity, Monday Morning, Bobblehead, Birds of Prey and Every song on Bionic has a purpose. As usually Christina brings sass, pain, love, joy, playfulness, and so much more. There are 19 new songs and 1 stripped version so 20 in all, and if you don't like some, it doesn't matter because you can get rid of them and still have a full album. Bionic, Elastic Love, Sex For Breakfast, Vanity, Monday Morning, Bobblehead, Birds of Prey and Stronger are really innovative and new directions for Christina. The slow tempo ballads are crisp and serene, a well done departure from her usual belting ballads. A+ Solid Pop Album! Expand
  80. EdwardL
    Jun 10, 2010
    A diverse pop album which showcases Christina Aguilera's almost unlimited singing techniques. She just keeps getting better. Favorites: You Lost Me, Vanity, Birds Of Prey, Monday Morning, Elastic Love, Bionic, I Am, Lift Me Up, Desnudate, Prima Donna
  81. ConanO
    Jun 10, 2010
    Underrated album from and underrated singer. Bionic shows off her versatility very well and while there are a couple tracks that are meh, the rest is more than enough for me to highly recommend this album.
  82. LaceyJ
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is one of the BEST pop albums of the past 5 years!
  83. Jai
    Jun 10, 2010
    I always look forward to her music and Bionic did not disappoint. Her voice is like no other and she really shines on all types of songs here, especially the ballads and deluxe tracks. Not to mention the album artwork is stunning. Job very well done!
  84. JohnnyT
    Jun 10, 2010
    Birds of Prey is the best song, make sure you get the deluxe.
  85. KatyN
    Jun 10, 2010
    Its been so long since her last album, 4 years actually but its worth it cause this is the album of the summer!
  86. DavidP
    Jun 10, 2010
    Not really into this chick music but I just had to get this album for the Ladytron.
  87. ChelseyZ
    Jun 10, 2010
    Critics should shut their bias up, the only influence this album has is Madonna! Nothing wrong with that imho.
  88. AlexM
    Jun 10, 2010
    BIONIC is the best album of the year 'nuff said. Christina has reinvented herself once again and does a damn good job at it. This woman can do it all. Shes amazing and an all around artist. The way she plays with her voice is truly jaw opening. I've never seen a mainstream vocalist be as versatile as Christina. Check out BIONIC u wont be disappointed. Production is also killer BIONIC is the best album of the year 'nuff said. Christina has reinvented herself once again and does a damn good job at it. This woman can do it all. Shes amazing and an all around artist. The way she plays with her voice is truly jaw opening. I've never seen a mainstream vocalist be as versatile as Christina. Check out BIONIC u wont be disappointed. Production is also killer and top notch. My favorite tracks are Bionic,Lift Me Up, I Am, Vanity, Birds Of Prey, Stronger than Ever and Bobblehead. Make sure to pick up the deluxe version as it has 5 deluxe extra tracks!! Expand
  89. VictoriaR
    Jun 10, 2010
    I haven't listened to Christina in awhile. I caught NOT MYSELF TONIGHT on radio one day when I was driving back from work and got excited because it was a new song. I decided to look Christina up. I gave the album a listen and ended up buying it off itunes. Its definitely my favorite album this year. ps. the version i bought on itunes has 5 deluxe tracks and a bonus track called I haven't listened to Christina in awhile. I caught NOT MYSELF TONIGHT on radio one day when I was driving back from work and got excited because it was a new song. I decided to look Christina up. I gave the album a listen and ended up buying it off itunes. Its definitely my favorite album this year. ps. the version i bought on itunes has 5 deluxe tracks and a bonus track called "Little Dreamer" which i really enjoyed. Expand
  90. ArthuroT
    Jun 10, 2010
    Such a great vocalist and a fun record. I'm not a big fan of her, but she keeps changing everything in her image and her music, and I guess it's a wonderful thing for a young pop artist!
  91. evelynm
    Jun 10, 2010
    Chrisitna Aguilera has more than a few gems on this album. I love the versatility and the fact that she can give me a song like "NMT" and than she goes and gives me something like "You Lost Me".
  92. AlexD
    Jun 10, 2010
    So the 4 year hiatus of Xtina didn't let me down. She was inspired a lot, she's sexier than ever and she's back to her throne. What can i say? The collaborators list is fantastic. Ladytron did an amazing job on Birds of Pray and Little Dreamer, Sia wrote some of Christina's best ballads, M.I.A. led Christina to different paths of music and Santigold made Christina So the 4 year hiatus of Xtina didn't let me down. She was inspired a lot, she's sexier than ever and she's back to her throne. What can i say? The collaborators list is fantastic. Ladytron did an amazing job on Birds of Pray and Little Dreamer, Sia wrote some of Christina's best ballads, M.I.A. led Christina to different paths of music and Santigold made Christina bionic!! I need more! THe album combines many kinds of music and it's so interesting to hear Christina's voice because it's unique and different in many songs. The only thing i don't like is the lyrics. Stripped and Back to Basics had more inspired lyrics. The booklet and in general the artwork is brilliant. Good job Christina! Expand
  93. reneb
    Jun 10, 2010
    I think the way she uses her voice differently is just about every track really shows just how versatile and BIONIC her vocal talent is. She goes dark balads to fun pop songs about hating boys. The range on this album is great and it's a plan and simple awesome pop album.
  94. anad
    Jun 10, 2010
    This album is awesome I love it is such a fun record. My favs are You lost me, Little dreamer, Elastic Love and Vanity. I'm totally Jamming to this record right now!
  95. ShalinaL
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album, original music, amazing production, and of course, AMAZING VOCALS! Spotlight for Little Dreamer and Elastic Love.
  96. SergioS
    Jun 10, 2010
    It's an amazing album. Fun and deep. Playfull and introspective. Electro and organic.
  97. ParadisR
    Jun 10, 2010
    What a diverse collection of songs! I have loved her evolution since the Stripped days. She is a talented singer/songwrites and is clearly the voice of this generation.
  98. Melly
    Jun 10, 2010
    Amazing album from beginning to end.
  99. StalloneT
    Jun 10, 2010
    surely the best futuristic sound with great vocal from Christina best pop album of 2010 I think :)

1. As convincing as she attempts to sound, Bionic does nothing to persuade authenticity.
  2. Because she's bold enough to do it her way, Aguilera maintains her reign.
  3. Sure, her voice remains full, brash, and loud. But ultimately, so much of what passes for hedonism on Bionic feels synthetic and compulsory.