8.8

Review this album

1. ds
    Jan 5, 2004
    The reviewers who gave Prince a bad rating don't understand - they probably on listened to it once. Yeah, with only one listen it seems no up to par w/ RZA's genius cuz there's no club or MTV singles, but, yo, this was the crisp perfection and wisdom i've been waiting for - every track is ill. no joke.
  2. troyw
    Oct 26, 2004
    must buy! instinct classic! a taste of the to come.."the cure""!!!
    Dec 14, 2003
    Knowledge!!!
  4. marcusb
    Dec 10, 2003
    A great album, mutch slower than the bobby digital records, but still good. His a master producer and rapper. heavy lyrics!
  5. jux
    Jan 16, 2004
    What makes this album so good is that it continues to get better and better with each track. The Rza is still on top of his game, no question. I don't know for everybody else who's into "beg for mercy" please!, of Jay-Z's Wack album oh I mean the black album but the birth of a Prince is something I can relate to in many different ways. Keep on bangin' em Wu
  6. henryj
    Jun 23, 2004
    his style on this album is beautiful. about the first half of it sounds like he tweaked different mainsteam ideas and did them his way. the last half is just sick. all in all i think its his best.
  7. Wutangsfirstlady
    Nov 21, 2003
    It's Rza enough said.
  8. Apr 24, 2015
    A great album for any RZA fan, rugged NY beats, sounding a lot like Wu-Tang's ones and RZA's good presence on the mic. We pop and Grits are definitely highlights one the album. Worth adding to your hip-hop albums collection.

1. RZA still sounds determined, but his rhymes are self-obsessed, repetitive, and dulled by constant calls for drugs and women.
  2. For Wu-Headz, this is the piece of the RZA puzzle we've been waiting a decade for. It's that important.
  3. On most of this album he doesn't sound completely off his game, just uninspired, both as an MC and a producer.