Bitte Orca - Dirty Projectors
8.3

Review this album

1. Jun 15, 2012
    One of the better albums of the last few years. Each song is wonderfully constructed, with changes in tempo in most of the songs that keep the songs fresh and rewarding while listening. I don't ever expect this album to become stale and I fully expect to return to this album when I want to hear something different. Experimental Rock at it's finest.
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    Definitely a strange album at first. A little hard to get into at first also but once you're engrossed in this album, the more you really love it. I loved it. Thought every track sounded great. All In All, Dirty Projectors craft an accessible, quirky album that really works. B+
  3. Dec 1, 2011
    For the past two years, I still come back to this album. Why? Because it is completely brilliant. Everyone song is incredible, atmospheric, dense, accessible, and beautiful. For those who criticize lines like "Quench me like Gatorade" would usually be an adjudicating decision, but it somehow works and sounds fresh coming from David Longstrenth. The guitar parts on "Temecula Sunrise"For the past two years, I still come back to this album. Why? Because it is completely brilliant. Everyone song is incredible, atmospheric, dense, accessible, and beautiful. For those who criticize lines like "Quench me like Gatorade" would usually be an adjudicating decision, but it somehow works and sounds fresh coming from David Longstrenth. The guitar parts on "Temecula Sunrise" and "Two Doves" really sends it over the edge plus the fantastically organized yet slanted obscurities that are the vocal harmonies. What a talented group of musicians. can't wait for the next installment!! Expand

1. Not only will you hum snatches, you'll parse lyrical bits, too: a basement-dwelling twentysomething high on Gatorade in an underpopulated housing development, a waitressing job for Solange Knowles.
  2. Clever, original, complicated, sometimes frustrating but more often revelatory, it will, given time, uncover its manifold delights.
  3. Their seventh album remembers to add tunes, and is thus less baffling than before.