Black & Blue

• Release Date: Nov 21, 2000

Review this album

1. KrystinL.
    Apr 3, 2001
    This is their best album next to Millennium. The songs are smooth, the rhythms are awesome, and the dance tracks are irresistable...anything less than a 9 on this album is obsurd!
  2. Ryan
    Mar 28, 2002
    Amazing combination of ballads and upbeat songs. I really like the ballad It's True and the song Answer to Our Life. But going back to the basic formula of cheesiness isn't really cool. Bad move.
  3. AmyC.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This album is smooth music ! You have to be a true BSB fan to love their music !
  4. MattM
    Jul 7, 2002
    I really liked the single "Shape Of My Heart" so I bought the album. It's very disappointing in most respects. The upbeat pop standards are all that work on this album. The ballads are really sticky and incredibly sappy. The guys are all very talented, but their material needs to be better.
  5. ChelesaA
    May 1, 2006
    You have to be a true Backstreet fan and know what they went thorugh to create this album. yes it doesnt compare to the others but it still sounds like backstreet. They made this album for us to enjoy. If you dont like it oh well... some other s may and its what they are into.
  6. StephanieB.
    Jul 10, 2001
    Awesome album, smooth harmonies. The dance tracks rock, the ballads romance, and everything in between just gives something to fit every mood! GREAT effort by BSB!
  7. MattM.
    Jul 28, 2001
    The album's pop standards are catchy and fun, but the ballads are overly cheesy and could put Michael Bolton to shame. Not a musical success by any means.
  8. KortneyJ
    Feb 14, 2004
    I love this cd! I love all the songs! This is a great cd for a BSB fan.
  9. brital
    Nov 17, 2005
    It is a great album... By far one of my favourites...
  10. MaryS.
    May 14, 2005
    Amazing...I'm going to love them forever

1. Beyond ballads, "Black & Blue" crackles with funk-inflected uptempo ditties that are notable for their rough edges.
  2. Unfortunately, over a third of the songs on this album are ballads, and most of them are fillers at that.
  3. The sound has changed little, and the level of emoting none. Still, thunderous grooves such as Everyone and Shining Star continue to be virtually irresistible, while the quieter moments, including the hit single Shape Of My Heart will wow the ladies and the more sensitive gents for a while yet