• Record Label: Jive
  • Release Date: Oct 30, 2007
8.0

Review this album

1. Jul 14, 2012
    His worst album for sure, processed voice, songs stressful, sickening beats, the only good song of this album may be "Break the Ice". There's a lot of poor songs in this record.
  2. Sep 10, 2011
    A famous magazine considers this the fourth best album of the decade 2000-2009. It was recorded in & out of the rehab and you can actually hear that Britney wasn't in the best conditions to record, but she still made the best comeback & amazing dance tracks. "Freakshow" features elements of dubstep, too.
  3. Aug 8, 2012
    Her second best album. Amazing production and as a whole it marks mostly her failed marriage and media issues, particurally in the song Why Should I Be Sad which is the best one out of the album personally because of the honesty in its incredibly elaborate lyrics. Heaven On Earth, Gimme More, Break The Ice, Piece Of Me. This is Britney at her top. It's impressive how this album, still thisHer second best album. Amazing production and as a whole it marks mostly her failed marriage and media issues, particurally in the song Why Should I Be Sad which is the best one out of the album personally because of the honesty in its incredibly elaborate lyrics. Heaven On Earth, Gimme More, Break The Ice, Piece Of Me. This is Britney at her top. It's impressive how this album, still this year was in 3.1 million copies and it is currently at 4.3 million due to her entrance in the X-Factor pannel judge. Hopefully it'll reach 5 million. Expand
  4. Sep 23, 2012
    Only time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yetOnly time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yet continue to have quality. Certainly influenced by a dark/struggle period in her life, Britney was able to create (since she is the executive producer of it) a cohesive and creative album. "Gimme More", "Freakshow", "Piece of Me" and "Heaven on Earth" are amazing. Incredible work. Collapse
  5. Mar 29, 2011
    Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love.Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love. Ahead of its time, but it's a uniquely Britney album. It's Britney, **** Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    I never liked her but this album is her best by far. Catchy chorus and beat. Of course after you have to consider she probably didn't write a single word or contribute in any way to this album but after all it's Britney Spears.
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    A somethat surprising album that delivers more than you might actually expected, with loud, sexy, electronica beats as well as some Timbaland style corkers thrown into the mix you can't help but like this album for what it is, pop music. But that's all this album is, it offers little else, nothing that pushes the boat out, nothing overly memorable and sadly the only things that have beenA somethat surprising album that delivers more than you might actually expected, with loud, sexy, electronica beats as well as some Timbaland style corkers thrown into the mix you can't help but like this album for what it is, pop music. But that's all this album is, it offers little else, nothing that pushes the boat out, nothing overly memorable and sadly the only things that have been pushed to their limits is auto tuning and backing vocalists (Robyn for example), which i'm aware is used with most artists, but at some point a limit should be reached. Expand
  8. Dec 24, 2012
    Britney at her best.
    I love this album. Not a single track in Blackout disappoints me. She got there first before everyone else jumped on the electro-dance wagon in 2011. Futuristic, sexy, under-rated.
    My album of 2007.
  9. Sep 6, 2014
    Blackout, considerado o melhor álbum de Britney pela maioria dos fãs, é sim, o melhor álbum dela, e talvez um dos melhores álbuns pop da década de 2000. É um CD que revolucionou a música pop, principalmente a faixa "Freakshow", que "inventou" o dubstep, e se ele não existisse, a música pop não seria como ela é hoje. Todas as faixas são boas, não tem como escolher uma melhor.
  10. Oct 28, 2011
    This album is grossly overrated. It sounds like everything Timbaland and co. were doing around the same time, only much, much worse. Generic beats, shallow lyrics, poor vocals... this is one you'll want to pass on.
  11. Feb 24, 2012
    This album will sway neither the faithful nor the unbelievers from their positions along the borders of her stalled momentum.
  12. Sep 5, 2010
    i think this is her best job, in her worst moment, gimme more (single) is powerful and had the "it's britney B***h" that become in a unforgetting line
  13. May 23, 2011
    Blackout is the pop electronic album of the decade. Its a masterpeice and its a real shame that people can't enjoy it because of the credibility that Britney seems to have nowadays.
  14. Sep 13, 2010
    Britney's comeback album definitely was great but lacked some of what her previous albums had. On "In The Zone" Britney did a song with Madonna and it was the best. Black out is good Standout tracks: "Gimme More" "Why Should I Be Sad" and "Piece of Me"
  15. Mar 2, 2011
    On paper, a Britney Spears album without the help of writer Max Martin is a recipe for disaster. Yet despite the absence of the Swede, and the fact that Britney was fat, barmy and bald during the lead up to this record, Blackout does not suck. In fact, to date it's the only Spears album worth listening to in its entirety. Many of the tracks have the tendency to sneak up and surprise; sheOn paper, a Britney Spears album without the help of writer Max Martin is a recipe for disaster. Yet despite the absence of the Swede, and the fact that Britney was fat, barmy and bald during the lead up to this record, Blackout does not suck. In fact, to date it's the only Spears album worth listening to in its entirety. Many of the tracks have the tendency to sneak up and surprise; she sounds sexy on "Ooh Ooh Baby" without being gross, cool on "Gimme More" without trying too hard, and pissed off on "Piece of Me" without caring a whole lot. Somewhat of a minor miracle! Expand
  16. Jan 1, 2011
    First, I found it irritating, forgettable, and boring. Different from her previous work. As I listen to it again, I realized that it is entertaining and danceable. Futuristic at its best and shows that Britney will always hire the best. So, the album is Britney's best for me.
  17. Dec 23, 2011
    Very Solid Good Album!
    The Best Songs In My Opinion Are:
    Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Break The Ice, Freakshow, And Oooh Oooh Baby!
    My Favorite Song Is Get Naked (I Got A Plan)!
  18. Dec 3, 2013
    I could list why every song on this album is just pure perfection, but it would take too long. "Blackout" is widely regarded as the most influential pop album in recent times, and rightfully so. Absolute perfection.
  19. May 23, 2011
    So much about Britney's actual "blackout". This version of her public life is splendid enough to make me hug it for the rest of my musically-inclined life. Its her best album since her debut and deserves more credit. As she sang in "Why Should I Be Sad?", "it's time for me to move along/it's time for me to get along". Thats the good news of promise and improvement and while she's at it,So much about Britney's actual "blackout". This version of her public life is splendid enough to make me hug it for the rest of my musically-inclined life. Its her best album since her debut and deserves more credit. As she sang in "Why Should I Be Sad?", "it's time for me to move along/it's time for me to get along". Thats the good news of promise and improvement and while she's at it, there's always Blackout to celebrate a high point in her career. Expand
  20. Sep 19, 2011
    Even if it's hardly Britney's effort, Blackout is a surprising comeback packed with cleverly produced, club-ready dance tracks that are heavily influenced by the electropop and synthpop genres ("Freakshow" has a striking dubstep influence) and about as catchy as the flu in December.
  21. Sep 10, 2011
    This album is the best one by Britney. It signs her return to the music world. The album contains really good dance tracks like Get Naked (I Got a Plan), Piece Of Me and Gimme More. This album has got Britney's touch. This album launched the music in a new planet: the Electro Music.
  22. Sep 17, 2011
    "Blackout" has re-defined the pop music. Since its release, the culture hasn't been the same. One of the best albums released by Britney Spears. Be sure to check "Heaven on Earth" and "Freakshow" on this album.
  23. Oct 25, 2011
    This is pop music at its best. Britney went through hard times before and during the recording of this album, but the outcome is nothing less than spectacular. Definitely one of the best albums of the 00s.
  24. Mar 22, 2012
    Not the best album of Britney Spears had the ability to earn top marks in both the critics and admirers of the critique of pseudo-singer (not the fans, for their opinion should not be taken into account). From there we see the level of artist. No more comments.
  25. Mar 23, 2012
    Her second best album, Heaven On Earth is epic!
  26. Mar 24, 2012
    "Blackout" is, without a doubt, Britney's best album. It was released during the roughest time of her live, and when her image was very damaged because of her erratic behaviour (in fact, "Blackout" is the only Britney album that hasn't reached the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200 list). However that shouldn't have affected anyone's vision of the album, and "Blackout" is the most cohesive"Blackout" is, without a doubt, Britney's best album. It was released during the roughest time of her live, and when her image was very damaged because of her erratic behaviour (in fact, "Blackout" is the only Britney album that hasn't reached the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200 list). However that shouldn't have affected anyone's vision of the album, and "Blackout" is the most cohesive and meaningful album that she has ever done and, judging by her later efforts, that she will ever do. She didn't do any writing for the album (and she has never been a very productive writer), but the songs really fit her story, so she must have some good choosing skills, or very good writers working for her. The whole album is a statement, and a very effective one. It opens with "Gimme More" and the iconic "It's Britney, **** and is followed by "Piece of Me", one of her best songs ever. It is really sad that her situation was so out of control that she couldn't properly promote or perform these songs, because most of them were extremely mainstream and hits waiting to happen, and not every album has that and maintains it's quality. It is ironic how Britney could deliver her best album in her worst moment, making it to be her most ignored record. Some may say that it's overrated. I don't think it is, at all. I think she couldn't give it the attention it deserved. Highlights: Get Naked (I Got a Plan), Piece of Me, Radar, Hot as Ice Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2012
    Without a doubt her best cd released as of 2012. An it is one the top cd's released in 07. The production is just amazing. On pretty much every track Britney sounds so invested and/or engaged. A great thing to hear, excluding In The Zone, Britney had a tendency to sound like she wasn't really connecting with songs off previous albums. On this album though she sounds like she is having funWithout a doubt her best cd released as of 2012. An it is one the top cd's released in 07. The production is just amazing. On pretty much every track Britney sounds so invested and/or engaged. A great thing to hear, excluding In The Zone, Britney had a tendency to sound like she wasn't really connecting with songs off previous albums. On this album though she sounds like she is having fun and enjoying her time in the recording studio. The album would have sold millions had it been properly promoted and had Britney been in better health. Because at the end of the day it really is that amazing. Expand
  28. May 16, 2012
    Simply, one of the best pop albums of the millennium. Every song on that album is a masterpiece!
    "It's Britney **** is enough to make the album the most memorable one in history.
  29. May 29, 2012
    Britney's Best Album (Up To 2007)
    Amazing Tracks And Vocals!
    Love Every Song..
    90% A-
  30. Nov 21, 2013
    best Britney album so far, followed by Femme Fatale and then Circus. Blackout is so sick, deep, new, I love it. congratulations to producers! Still waiting for something like this again from Britney
  31. Oct 8, 2012
    Probably the best album that Britney Spears will ever produce. It's the only of her records that lacks a bit of the shallow and empty touch that In The Zone exceeded and Femme Fatale sums up in voice effects and over-production.
  32. Nov 7, 2012
    the world's biggest pop star has released one of her best records. out passing her In The Zone era, Blackout takes you into a world of fame, money, sex and glamour as Britney sings hits like Gimme More featuring Danja and lovey dovey ones like Ooh Ooh Baby alongside the amazing Piece Of Me and Toy Soldier
  33. Mar 24, 2013
    Her Best Album Up To 2007!
  34. Jul 19, 2013
    Un album inteligente y sexy que ha logrado ser la inspiración para muchos artistas, es una obra maestra en donde Britney se escucha relajada y donde se le puede escuchar divertida en cada track
  35. Dec 8, 2013
    This is pretty fantastic for a Britney Spears record. Through her then personal struggles she managed to put out an original and classic dance album in which any of the tracks could be a hit single. Download: Every track except "Hot as Ice", "Why Should I Be Sad" and "Get Back" (and definitely not "Everybody" found on the deluxe edition).
  36. Dec 10, 2013
    best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever
  37. Dec 27, 2013
    Baby One More Time is her best album, just because is her debut album but this is definitely her most personal album, Britney Jean is just a waste of time... This is a truly comeback.
  38. May 14, 2014
    Funny thing is that Britney recorded her (by far) best album while she was at her worst. Blackout is a really nice album and has made history in many cultures. It has those beats all over, but they're by no means generic and still really dance-able today. You hit the right spot, Ms. spears!
  39. Jul 27, 2014
    After a three year hiatus amid a mental breakdown, Britney Spears proved that she was still reigning pop royalty. Each track has its own unique sound, propelled by inferior production. By far her most adventurous work to date!
  40. Aug 2, 2014
    The 2007 album, Best album of Spears.
    The amazing and cool album, Gimme More, Hot As Ice and Piece Of Me are best songs of princess of pop!
    Danja is so amazing, Pharell is so cool and Timbaland is so fantastic...
    Britney is the only princess of pop
  41. Sep 7, 2014
    Um grande álbum. Não é à toa que ele é considerado o melhor da carreira de Britney Spears e uma Bíblia do Pop. Muito bem produzido e com músicas conceituais, ele, se fosse lançado hoje, seria atual. Muito bom. :)
  42. Oct 22, 2014
    This Is a Perfect album. Yes the Gimme More is super and Piece Of Me a big hit, Radar & Break The Ice this amazing. This Perfect. Britney 4 big hit in 1 album.
  43. Apr 25, 2011
    THIS IS SO OUTTA THIS WORLD THE BEST BRITNEY ALBUM EVER AND FEMME FETALE IS SO GOOD TOO!!!!!! the songs so amazing were Perfect Lover, Piece of Me, Toy Soldier and Gimme gimme more gimme more!!!!!!
  44. Apr 23, 2015
    Depois de um período conturbado em sua carreira, Britney volta 4 anos depois do seu último lançamento, ”In The Zone”. Entre este período, Britney Spears simplesmente casou, separou, teve filhos e passou por um momento delicado em sua carreira: teve toda sua vida exposta e era constante flagrada se envolvendo em polêmicas e muita confusão. Spears nos traz muito mais que nós poderíamosDepois de um período conturbado em sua carreira, Britney volta 4 anos depois do seu último lançamento, ”In The Zone”. Entre este período, Britney Spears simplesmente casou, separou, teve filhos e passou por um momento delicado em sua carreira: teve toda sua vida exposta e era constante flagrada se envolvendo em polêmicas e muita confusão. Spears nos traz muito mais que nós poderíamos esperar para o seu retorno. Essencialmente com produção de Danja e Bloodshy & Avant, ”Blackout” traz o seu material mais maduro até então, um álbum coeso do começo ao fim; diferente do que vinha a acontecer em sua vida, ”Blackout” vem com mais acertos que erros.
    No fim dos anos 90, Britney Spears surgiu como um estouro teen, ao lado de seus amigos do ”Clube do Mickey”, Justin Timberlake de N*Sync e Christina Aguilera. A faixa ”Baby One MOre Time”, que traçou o topo dos Estados Unidos por 2 semanas e o seu disco homônimo vendeu mais 25 milhões de cópias ao redor do planeta, mas agora em 2007, Britney traz como carro chefe, ”Gimme More”, com o forte bordão ”It’s Britney **** uma faixa dance urbana que a distancia ainda mais a cantora do universo teen que a consagrou e aproxima Britney das divas pop Kylie Minogue e Madonna. Em ”Piece of Me”, Britney diz que é o sonho americano desde seus 17 anos e faz uma crítica aos paparazzis que a todo momento estão a clicando atrás de uma nova manchete nos tablóides e as pessoas que por este movito, julgam-lhe cosntantemente: ”Não vejo problema em trabalhar e ser mãe (…) vocês querem um pedaço de mim?”. Em ”Radar”, Britney tem o homem dos seus sonhos em sua mira, em ”Break The Ice”, melhor faixa do disco e em ”Get (Naked I Got A Plan)”, Spears também tem o desejo de conquistar e entrar em sintonia com seu parceiro (”Eu nunca me senti assim, você deixou o meu coração bater feito um sintetizador” / ”Nós somos adultos agora, eu faço você descongelar… Vamos pegar fogo.” – canta Britney em ”Break The Ice”). ”Heaven on Earth” nos traz direto ao ótimo ”Confessions on A Dance Floor” de Madonna, com uma inspiração na era disco de Donna Summer e Giorgio Moroder.A única faixa assinada por Britney Spears, ”Freakshow”, Britney simplesmente diz que quer sacodir o bumbum na pista de dança e deixar as garotas morrendo de inveja, a faixa traz uma novidade conhecida hoje como ”dubstep”, recurso eletrônico que seria ainda mais ampliado em popularidade em sua faixa número 1 de 2011, ”Hold It Against Me” e pelo multi-Grammy winner Skrillex. O álbum passa pelas não tão ótimas ”Toy Soldier”, ”Hot As Ice”, ”Ooh Ooh Baby” e melhora em ”Perfect Lover” e ”Why Should I Be Sad”, a última assinada por Pharrell Williams e The Neptunes, que nos remete a ótima ”Boys” de seu disco anterior.
    Não é a toa que ”Blackout” é um dos discos mais influentes dos últimos anos, em um mundo ainda pre-Lady Gaga, Britney Spears representa o pop dos anos 2000 com muita ousadia e se reafirma como uma mulher agora mãe, talvez mais madura e eternamente como a princesa do pop.
  45. Mar 25, 2015
    Álbum horrivel odiei, apaga, escroto, nota 1 porque eu ia dar zero então cala a boca querida, ai desculpa mas ele so é bom ate a nona musica depois fica muito chato e voce tentando er sexy é U O britney volta pro pop santinho que é melhor na verdade não qual o pior
  46. Apr 24, 2015
    Track by track review:
    1. Gimme More 7.5/10
    2. Piece of Me 6.5/10 3. Radar 10/10 4. Break the Ice 10/10 5. Heaven on Earth 7.5/10 6. Get Naked (I Got a Plan) 10/10 7. Freakshow 1.5/10 8. Toy Soldier 1/10 9. Hot as Ice 10/10 10. Ooh Ooh Baby 9.5/10 11. Perfect Lover 5/10 12. Why Should I Be Sad 2/10 Highlights: Radar, Get Naked (I Got a Plan) Potential singles: Gimme More,
    Track by track review:
    9. Hot as Ice 10/10
    10. Ooh Ooh Baby 9.5/10
    11. Perfect Lover 5/10
    12. Why Should I Be Sad 2/10

Highlights: Radar, Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
    Potential singles: Gimme More, Piece of Me, Radar, Break the Ice
  47. May 4, 2015
    Disgusting!! Crude awful and gross. Britney and One More, were flirty and fun, this is just dead and off-putting
    Not even any really nice melodies. Like some idiots playing with a computer

1. The biggest failure of these songs, and the most confusing thing about this album, are the melodies.
  2. Poetry it's not. Still, there is something delightfully escapist about Blackout, a perfectly serviceable dance album abundant in the kind of bouncy electro elements that buttressed her hottest hits.
  3. For every hot, of-the-moment track, though, there's something like the nonsensical 'Hot As Ice,' which was co-penned by the thoroughly talentless T-Pain and might have worked two albums ago but just sounds retrograde here.