Blackout

8.3

Review this album

1. JaredM
    Jan 20, 2008
    One of the best albums of 2007. I've never much cared for Britney Spears and her "Music" but this album has proven me wrong. Even if she didn't write most of the tracks (A smart business woman knows when to start and better yet stop). This killer dance album floored me. It will definitely be remembered years from now, for having some of the best dance tracks of the last decade.
  2. SammyJ.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Great album. Britney is back. Gimme More is hot. Piece of me the video is awesome!
  3. MarkM
    Oct 30, 2007
    Surprising! I'm really amazed because this album is very electronic-pop and I'm loving it! I also love the personal lyrics althoguh she did not penned them nevertheless this is a bold move for more!
  4. CarlosA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    I had to give a 10 'cause since I got the album I can't stop listening to it, I know her life's been a trouble and that she's going through a lot of things related to her kids, the way she drinks and if she's on drugs.. but the album is really good...is electropop mixed with r&b and brit did a great job, that's the reason why she sold a lot albums around the I had to give a 10 'cause since I got the album I can't stop listening to it, I know her life's been a trouble and that she's going through a lot of things related to her kids, the way she drinks and if she's on drugs.. but the album is really good...is electropop mixed with r&b and brit did a great job, that's the reason why she sold a lot albums around the world. She is one the best sellers ever! at least in the USA. I just hope that everything is gonna be better and that she will realize that the night life and the drugs are not the best! I just hope that one day she will return to music and will do it great as she's done it before! that's why we love you Brit! get well soon! Expand
  5. TreyceF.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I thought it really expressed how she felt. Piece of me and Why should I be sad are awesome.
  6. H.B
    Oct 30, 2007
    Best Britney Album ever!!!
  7. AOH
    Oct 30, 2007
    Absolutely her best. Hands down the years biggest surprise.
  8. JoshuaS
    Apr 25, 2009
    You could stick on this album at a party and dance all the way through. It is just full of songs you wanna shake to!
  9. KennyH.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Despite it all.. Britney delivers one of the most greatest dance albums in history!... This will set the clubs on firee!
  10. claire
    Nov 2, 2007
    Don't know what those losers who gave her a low score are listening to, this album rocks! You go girl
  11. Mar 25, 2016
    its Blackout !! the Best album of 2007 And Britney Best Work to Date no one can come close to this album it was Perfect and i still play this album to this day such a classic album 100100.
  12. MarinaS.
    Dec 4, 2009
    The best her album ever!!
  13. Sep 10, 2011
    A famous magazine considers this the fourth best album of the decade 2000-2009. It was recorded in & out of the rehab and you can actually hear that Britney wasn't in the best conditions to record, but she still made the best comeback & amazing dance tracks. "Freakshow" features elements of dubstep, too.
  14. Sep 23, 2012
    Only time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yetOnly time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yet continue to have quality. Certainly influenced by a dark/struggle period in her life, Britney was able to create (since she is the executive producer of it) a cohesive and creative album. "Gimme More", "Freakshow", "Piece of Me" and "Heaven on Earth" are amazing. Incredible work. Expand
  15. Mar 29, 2011
    Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love.Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love. Ahead of its time, but it's a uniquely Britney album. It's Britney, **** Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    best Britney album so far, followed by Femme Fatale and then Circus. Blackout is so sick, deep, new, I love it. congratulations to producers! Still waiting for something like this again from Britney
  17. Dec 24, 2012
    Britney at her best.
    I love this album. Not a single track in Blackout disappoints me. She got there first before everyone else jumped on the electro-dance wagon in 2011. Futuristic, sexy, under-rated.
    My album of 2007.
  18. Dec 10, 2013
    best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    After a three year hiatus amid a mental breakdown, Britney Spears proved that she was still reigning pop royalty. Each track has its own unique sound, propelled by inferior production. By far her most adventurous work to date!
  20. Sep 6, 2014
    Blackout, considerado o melhor álbum de Britney pela maioria dos fãs, é sim, o melhor álbum dela, e talvez um dos melhores álbuns pop da década de 2000. É um CD que revolucionou a música pop, principalmente a faixa "Freakshow", que "inventou" o dubstep, e se ele não existisse, a música pop não seria como ela é hoje. Todas as faixas são boas, não tem como escolher uma melhor.
  21. Sep 5, 2010
    i think this is her best job, in her worst moment, gimme more (single) is powerful and had the "it's britney B***h" that become in a unforgetting line
  22. May 23, 2011
    Blackout is the pop electronic album of the decade. Its a masterpeice and its a real shame that people can't enjoy it because of the credibility that Britney seems to have nowadays.
  23. Sep 13, 2010
    Britney's comeback album definitely was great but lacked some of what her previous albums had. On "In The Zone" Britney did a song with Madonna and it was the best. Black out is good Standout tracks: "Gimme More" "Why Should I Be Sad" and "Piece of Me"
  24. Mar 2, 2011
    On paper, a Britney Spears album without the help of writer Max Martin is a recipe for disaster. Yet despite the absence of the Swede, and the fact that Britney was fat, barmy and bald during the lead up to this record, Blackout does not suck. In fact, to date it's the only Spears album worth listening to in its entirety. Many of the tracks have the tendency to sneak up and surprise; sheOn paper, a Britney Spears album without the help of writer Max Martin is a recipe for disaster. Yet despite the absence of the Swede, and the fact that Britney was fat, barmy and bald during the lead up to this record, Blackout does not suck. In fact, to date it's the only Spears album worth listening to in its entirety. Many of the tracks have the tendency to sneak up and surprise; she sounds sexy on "Ooh Ooh Baby" without being gross, cool on "Gimme More" without trying too hard, and pissed off on "Piece of Me" without caring a whole lot. Somewhat of a minor miracle! Expand
  25. Jan 1, 2011
    First, I found it irritating, forgettable, and boring. Different from her previous work. As I listen to it again, I realized that it is entertaining and danceable. Futuristic at its best and shows that Britney will always hire the best. So, the album is Britney's best for me.
  26. Dec 23, 2011
    Very Solid Good Album!
    The Best Songs In My Opinion Are:
    Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Break The Ice, Freakshow, And Oooh Oooh Baby!
    My Favorite Song Is Get Naked (I Got A Plan)!
  27. Dec 3, 2013
    I could list why every song on this album is just pure perfection, but it would take too long. "Blackout" is widely regarded as the most influential pop album in recent times, and rightfully so. Absolute perfection.
  28. May 23, 2011
    So much about Britney's actual "blackout". This version of her public life is splendid enough to make me hug it for the rest of my musically-inclined life. Its her best album since her debut and deserves more credit. As she sang in "Why Should I Be Sad?", "it's time for me to move along/it's time for me to get along". Thats the good news of promise and improvement and while she's at it,So much about Britney's actual "blackout". This version of her public life is splendid enough to make me hug it for the rest of my musically-inclined life. Its her best album since her debut and deserves more credit. As she sang in "Why Should I Be Sad?", "it's time for me to move along/it's time for me to get along". Thats the good news of promise and improvement and while she's at it, there's always Blackout to celebrate a high point in her career. Expand
  29. Sep 19, 2011
    Even if it's hardly Britney's effort, Blackout is a surprising comeback packed with cleverly produced, club-ready dance tracks that are heavily influenced by the electropop and synthpop genres ("Freakshow" has a striking dubstep influence) and about as catchy as the flu in December.

1. The biggest failure of these songs, and the most confusing thing about this album, are the melodies.
  2. Poetry it's not. Still, there is something delightfully escapist about Blackout, a perfectly serviceable dance album abundant in the kind of bouncy electro elements that buttressed her hottest hits.
  3. For every hot, of-the-moment track, though, there's something like the nonsensical 'Hot As Ice,' which was co-penned by the thoroughly talentless T-Pain and might have worked two albums ago but just sounds retrograde here.