Blackout

8.4

Review this album

1. JaredM
    Jan 20, 2008
    One of the best albums of 2007. I've never much cared for Britney Spears and her "Music" but this album has proven me wrong. Even if she didn't write most of the tracks (A smart business woman knows when to start and better yet stop). This killer dance album floored me. It will definitely be remembered years from now, for having some of the best dance tracks of the last decade.
  2. SammyJ.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Great album. Britney is back. Gimme More is hot. Piece of me the video is awesome!
  3. MarkM
    Oct 30, 2007
    Surprising! I'm really amazed because this album is very electronic-pop and I'm loving it! I also love the personal lyrics althoguh she did not penned them nevertheless this is a bold move for more!
  4. CarlosA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    I had to give a 10 'cause since I got the album I can't stop listening to it, I know her life's been a trouble and that she's going through a lot of things related to her kids, the way she drinks and if she's on drugs.. but the album is really good...is electropop mixed with r&b and brit did a great job, that's the reason why she sold a lot albums around the I had to give a 10 'cause since I got the album I can't stop listening to it, I know her life's been a trouble and that she's going through a lot of things related to her kids, the way she drinks and if she's on drugs.. but the album is really good...is electropop mixed with r&b and brit did a great job, that's the reason why she sold a lot albums around the world. She is one the best sellers ever! at least in the USA. I just hope that everything is gonna be better and that she will realize that the night life and the drugs are not the best! I just hope that one day she will return to music and will do it great as she's done it before! that's why we love you Brit! get well soon! Expand
  5. TreyceF.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I thought it really expressed how she felt. Piece of me and Why should I be sad are awesome.
  6. H.B
    Oct 30, 2007
    Best Britney Album ever!!!
  7. AOH
    Oct 30, 2007
    Absolutely her best. Hands down the years biggest surprise.
  8. JoshuaS
    Apr 25, 2009
    You could stick on this album at a party and dance all the way through. It is just full of songs you wanna shake to!
  9. KennyH.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Despite it all.. Britney delivers one of the most greatest dance albums in history!... This will set the clubs on firee!
  10. claire
    Nov 2, 2007
    Don't know what those losers who gave her a low score are listening to, this album rocks! You go girl
  11. Jan 28, 2016
    One of the best and most innovative albums of all time. With hit songs like Gimme More and Piece Of Me, Ms. Spears proves that even at her lowest, she can still end up making some of the most exhilarating club bangerz.
  12. Mar 25, 2016
    its Blackout !! the Best album of 2007 And Britney Best Work to Date no one can come close to this album it was Perfect and i still play this album to this day such a classic album 100100.
  13. MarinaS.
    Dec 4, 2009
    The best her album ever!!
  14. Sep 10, 2011
    A famous magazine considers this the fourth best album of the decade 2000-2009. It was recorded in & out of the rehab and you can actually hear that Britney wasn't in the best conditions to record, but she still made the best comeback & amazing dance tracks. "Freakshow" features elements of dubstep, too.
  15. Sep 23, 2012
    Only time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yetOnly time would be able to tell how much this would become the decade-to-come's most influential album. Considering what Britney did before and what she has done after this, Blackout certainly puts itself apart from her other productions, for only one reason: its darkness. Different from the easy-going, glowing "Circus", Blackout has deeper tracks with melodies that are catchy and yet continue to have quality. Certainly influenced by a dark/struggle period in her life, Britney was able to create (since she is the executive producer of it) a cohesive and creative album. "Gimme More", "Freakshow", "Piece of Me" and "Heaven on Earth" are amazing. Incredible work. Expand
  16. Mar 29, 2011
    Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love.Ok I'm looking at Britney's past albums to see how people reviewed them and I'm really confused. People are giving Femme Fatale great reviews, but Blackout has almost 50 negative reviews? That's just not right. I'll keep this short. Blackout forever changed the playing field for pop music. I can play it from start to finish without skipping a single song. This is the Britney that I love. Ahead of its time, but it's a uniquely Britney album. It's Britney, **** Expand
  17. Jun 12, 2011
    I never liked her but this album is her best by far. Catchy chorus and beat. Of course after you have to consider she probably didn't write a single word or contribute in any way to this album but after all it's Britney Spears.
  18. Aug 7, 2011
    A somethat surprising album that delivers more than you might actually expected, with loud, sexy, electronica beats as well as some Timbaland style corkers thrown into the mix you can't help but like this album for what it is, pop music. But that's all this album is, it offers little else, nothing that pushes the boat out, nothing overly memorable and sadly the only things that have beenA somethat surprising album that delivers more than you might actually expected, with loud, sexy, electronica beats as well as some Timbaland style corkers thrown into the mix you can't help but like this album for what it is, pop music. But that's all this album is, it offers little else, nothing that pushes the boat out, nothing overly memorable and sadly the only things that have been pushed to their limits is auto tuning and backing vocalists (Robyn for example), which i'm aware is used with most artists, but at some point a limit should be reached. Expand
  19. Jul 14, 2012
    His worst album for sure, processed voice, songs stressful, sickening beats, the only good song of this album may be "Break the Ice". There's a lot of poor songs in this record.
  20. Nov 21, 2013
    best Britney album so far, followed by Femme Fatale and then Circus. Blackout is so sick, deep, new, I love it. congratulations to producers! Still waiting for something like this again from Britney
  21. Dec 24, 2012
    Britney at her best.
    I love this album. Not a single track in Blackout disappoints me. She got there first before everyone else jumped on the electro-dance wagon in 2011. Futuristic, sexy, under-rated.
    My album of 2007.
  22. Dec 10, 2013
    best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever best album ever
  23. Jul 27, 2014
    After a three year hiatus amid a mental breakdown, Britney Spears proved that she was still reigning pop royalty. Each track has its own unique sound, propelled by inferior production. By far her most adventurous work to date!
  24. Oct 28, 2011
    This album is grossly overrated. It sounds like everything Timbaland and co. were doing around the same time, only much, much worse. Generic beats, shallow lyrics, poor vocals... this is one you'll want to pass on.
  25. Feb 24, 2012
    This album will sway neither the faithful nor the unbelievers from their positions along the borders of her stalled momentum.
  26. Sep 6, 2014
    Blackout, considerado o melhor álbum de Britney pela maioria dos fãs, é sim, o melhor álbum dela, e talvez um dos melhores álbuns pop da década de 2000. É um CD que revolucionou a música pop, principalmente a faixa "Freakshow", que "inventou" o dubstep, e se ele não existisse, a música pop não seria como ela é hoje. Todas as faixas são boas, não tem como escolher uma melhor.
  27. BillZZzzzZZZzzz
    Nov 5, 2007
    This is horrible. I can't listen to this. I don't want to dance to this. I won't.
  28. ManuelV.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Well, it could be worse.
  29. joeiU.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Consistently a good album but how could one say this merits a 10?? or even a 9, 8, 7?? I laugh at those who hail this as her best cd ever! None of her albums are worthy of critical acclaim nor of contimplation of merit. Why do we even care to vote or review such albums as BLACKOUT. Spears is the epitome of what's wrong in music now-days.. She had only one thing going for her in the Consistently a good album but how could one say this merits a 10?? or even a 9, 8, 7?? I laugh at those who hail this as her best cd ever! None of her albums are worthy of critical acclaim nor of contimplation of merit. Why do we even care to vote or review such albums as BLACKOUT. Spears is the epitome of what's wrong in music now-days.. She had only one thing going for her in the past, her dance moves.. All she does is lip-sync and hardly does anything worth praising, musically. She is as lame and lifeless as a plastic barbie doll except barbie is easier on the eyes. Now that she cant even dance-lyp-sync in her performance (mtv vmas 07) she is nothing! Her handlers-producers are the only ones we should be merriting on BLACKOUT.. i give the production an 8.. however britneys lifeless robotic chants bring this album to a non-reputable place, unworthy of her possession.. Its sad really to think that this lady here gets money from these lost gay men and lost little teenage girls who know nothing better then to listen to this iconic repression of real talent, Ms. Spears.. aka no talent, period! Expand
  30. AnonymousMC
    Oct 31, 2007
    I might give the producers a 3 or 4, but I can't give Britney that, because she did not contribute to this "work" that holds her name. If it takes processed computer voice effects to hide your lack of talent, and you have to hire a team of people write the songs, a team of people to choose from the songs you didn't contribute to, and along the way tick off your writers by not I might give the producers a 3 or 4, but I can't give Britney that, because she did not contribute to this "work" that holds her name. If it takes processed computer voice effects to hide your lack of talent, and you have to hire a team of people write the songs, a team of people to choose from the songs you didn't contribute to, and along the way tick off your writers by not returning thier calls, and otherwise blunder your way through what is really not even your own album, you probably deserve a 0. Hopefully the end of her. Expand

1. The biggest failure of these songs, and the most confusing thing about this album, are the melodies.
  2. Poetry it's not. Still, there is something delightfully escapist about Blackout, a perfectly serviceable dance album abundant in the kind of bouncy electro elements that buttressed her hottest hits.
  3. For every hot, of-the-moment track, though, there's something like the nonsensical 'Hot As Ice,' which was co-penned by the thoroughly talentless T-Pain and might have worked two albums ago but just sounds retrograde here.