8.7

Review this album

1. Mar 29, 2011
    I love this first album from Nirvana. Some of the songs on this records are awesome from Negative Creep, School to Love Buzz. Most of the songs are great and should be addressed as one of the greatest records ever made.
  2. Dec 3, 2011
    Great album gets a much needed sound mastering. This isn't easy to digest after first listen, but the reward is awesome - you get to discover something new after every listen. You could sense the genius in Cobain's songwriting, there are some incredible songs here, just the sound and production were very raw (obviously, everyone knows this album was made for $600). However, the songs are very passionate and engaging, you could almost tell that Kurt was going through some hard times. When I need a break from all the beautifully crafted "commercial" records such as say U2 or Pearl Jam, this is what I reach for, intelligent, tense and raw. Not to mention this deluxe version gets a bonus disc with a great early live gig wth a very good sound. Amazing are those early live gigs from Nirvana, is like someone knew they gonna be big and made soundboard recordings. Try finding early Smashing Pumpkins concerts with such a good sound! Expand
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    Struggle against the truth all you want. This band, influential and huge as they were, shreds. Just shreds. So much so that they caused poor imitators 20+ years later. I feel bad for this generation who had bands like Nickleback in the foreground. I feel that "Rockfan" is one of those people. Or a juggalo perhaps. Either way, you missed a chunk of history, my friend.
  4. Apr 8, 2014
    the best nirvana album, the begin with no end, with classic songs like About a Girl, an classic of nirvana, and many greatest songs of the greatest debut album all time

1. This is a test
  2. That Nirvana sound forceful isn't a surprise, but they also sound surprisingly tight--a little bit looser than they would sound within a year, but they're clearly marshaling their forces, gaining strength and skill.
  3. Bleach showed instances of promise and a few songs went on to become some of the best they ever wrote, but in comparison, it pales to the band’s later work. So take it all in stride because Bleach is surely for fanatics but certainly not for everyone.