Blue Slide Park - Mac Miller
5.1

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2011
    I'm giving this a 3 purely for the solid production. Mac Miller is honestly one of the worst rappers i've heard in my life. Please name me one track that he has where he says anything that is slightly substantive. Its okay to make "fun" rap songs but this album is just downright terrible. The only people i can see liking this are loyal fans of his.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    Nice debut from a 19 year old. I'm glad that it debut at number 1 and the second independent album to do so. Good solid production and nice lyrics. Can he do better on his second album?
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    awesome debut album! all you be hating! I love Under the Weather, Diamonds and Gold, Blue Slide Park, PA Nights, Frick Park Market, Smile Back and Missed Calls the most.
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    K.I.D.S and Watching Movies with the Sound Off is much better than Blue Slide Park. Props to the production though, it is really good. As a MC, he isn't really that special. Mac sounds like he isn't finding his style here until he released Watching Movies.
  5. Nov 30, 2011
    I'm giving this an 8. Mac Miller has a unique style. There are a few songs that I'm not too crazy about but the album itself is an overall success. Mac Miller topped the debut charts at number one! Anything below a 7 is just being one sided.
  6. Dec 10, 2011
    Bravo, on the debut album. I've been a fan for about three months and this guy has rocked my iPhone. He mostly has fun, but if he puts more feeling in upcoming tracks he would be legendary.
  7. Mar 9, 2012
    its different and i like different! (: there are a couple songs that aren't that great, but its still a solid album and it was his debut, for a rookie it was really good! keep doin your thing mac!
  8. Jan 8, 2013
    I honestly can't believe what the problem of all of you is! Mac Miller is one of the most talented rappers at this time and I'd name him as one of the 3 best rappers ever in terms of rhyming. He's got a big gift of oratory and also if he is no real storyteller, he's also well at expressing himself. The beats and the hooks are pretty great, the only real downside of this record is that his breathing is heard too heavy, at least in my opinion. But his party songs are absolutely great and I absolutely love the way he rhymes. It's probably only something for hip-hop fans but if you are one, you should definitely listen to Blue Slide Park. Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2013
    This album is terrible. The only good thing about this album is the production and the beats. They are very good but what ruins them is Mac Miller. He is a bad rapper, and he does a bad job being one.
  10. Mar 31, 2013
    Such a mint album, Mac really just likes doing what he wants, hes the king, really enjoyed his album. Yeah lyrics not as good, but for a 19 year old thats pretty dope

1. May 22, 2012
    Blue Slide Park ends up a charm-bereft everyman hip hop record merely ticking boxes required to shift units.
    The album as a whole saunters and bounces along.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    Ultimately I have two complaints about Blue Slide Park which in the grand scheme of things may be minor.