Blunderbuss - Jack White
8.4

Review this album

1. Feb 17, 2013
    There's a reason this album and the song 21 century were nominated as both best album and best song of the year at the Grammy's Jack white completely stole the show outperforming every single musician on stage that night. We're talking about giving a live performance on television that's better than every single musician that we could possibly think of giving an Grammy's to.

All around
    this album is a 11/10 for me. One of the best album's I've heard in my entire life. Expand
  2. Feb 17, 2013
    Rocking, funky, awesome and diverse are just some of the words I can use to describe this awesome album of Jack White's. The album starts out with straight-up, typical rock, and then branches out and explores different ideas, eventually featuring pianos in almost every song you listen to and ditching the normal conventions of bluesy, hard rock- loud riffs, bluesy guitar solos, overdrive, etc. And this is very refreshing. It's great to listen to a rock album that doesn't just consist of generic hard rock songs for the whole album; this album is diverse, satisfying and overall a joy to listen to. Easily one of the highlight albums of 2012, and an album which I very highly recommend. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2013
    After listening the album I prefer to add to my play list
    1.Missing Pieces
    9.Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy
    10.Take Me With You When You Go

Score: Superb 9/10
  4. Aug 8, 2012
    It's something different from The White Stripes and the other bands Sir White got in to... It's a great record to enjoy, full of sound and great soul... A good debut solo career breakthrough album by the artist that definitely worth it.
  5. Jun 2, 2012
    Oh Jack White I do feel for you. This is certainly one way of getting over a broken-down relationship, releasing a whole album on the matter. Adele did it with her brilliant "21", and Jack White trumps her attempt with his outstanding debut solo album "Blunderbuss". As usual both music and lyrics are fantastic. The music is very well written and really quite varied. From the Lennon-esque "Trash Tongue Talker", to the heavy riff driven "Sixteen Saltines", to the Andrew LLoyd Webber Musical sounding "On and On and On". The lyrics are really quite heartfelt and convey the real emotions that Jack was feeling - and probably still is feeling as he goes on tour with these songs. Personally, I would have liked to see more of a blues-rock element to this album, but perhaps I should show a tad more empathy to his current situation - these songs have come direct from the heart. Picking highlight tracks is difficult as every song on the album is so god-damn good. If pushed, I'd say the highlights are "Sixteen Saltines", "Freedom at 21", "Love Interruption" and " Hip (eponymous) Poor Boy". Expand
  6. May 25, 2012
    Jack White combines often times harsh and personal lyrics with joyous bluesy, folk rock melodies to create one of the best debuts in a long time and (so far) the best album of 2012.
  7. May 24, 2012
    This is a marvelous return to form by a masterful songwriter, guitarist and singer. There are a number of stunning 5 star tracks here including the title track, the first two singles the superfun retro-blueser I'm Shakin, Poor Boy and the GORgeous Hypocritical Kiss. A wonderful reminder that rock 'n' roll will never die.
  8. May 8, 2012
    Critics be damned; haters be damned.
    Great record; brilliant musician; get it.
    The man's a maverick-does what he wants.
    Does it well too.
    End of story.
  9. May 7, 2012
    Quite simply... a remarkable attempt at turning poetry of the soul into enjoyable music from the soul that so few truly have achieived. Business as usual for Jack. An energetic & neccesary masterpiece if I do say so myself !!
  10. May 6, 2012
    A fun and emotional ride from Jack White's first solo album "Blunderbuss." With high energy and confidence, White doesn't only pour his soul out, he let's the listener feel the energy through his words and powerful songs. Already anticipating the sophomore album. P.S. congrats to Jack White on landing the #1 spot on Billboard 200 with "Blunderbuss."
  11. May 4, 2012
    I give Blunderbuss a 10 overall fantastic composure, raw soulful vocals fantastic musical arrangements and diversity -every time I listen it keeps getting better esp love sixteen saltines, love interruption and now that I'm looking at the list all the others w the exception of poor boy. Have not been this excited about an artist since jimmy page. Love all of jacks collaborations but I am especially excited about this solo album. Will catch him in NYC and give another raving review . He is a genius I'm very appreciative of this new production Expand
  12. May 3, 2012

Itâ
  13. Apr 27, 2012
    I am taking Jack White more seriously - as I listen to his first solo album - than I had with the White Stripes or any of his other projects (sans Loretta Lynn - that was classic), and I am loving what I hear both musically and lyrically. This is the Jack White album I have been waiting 10 years for!!!
  14. Apr 26, 2012
    To suggest that this album was heavily anticipated by myself, would be the understatement of the century. I have loved the White Stripes since "Elephant", and specifically enjoyed just about everything Jack White has participated in (aside from the occasional ICP collab). My first play through of this record was a bit mystifying and frustrating at times. It just seemed so all over the map with no common thread to the sound. However, on turns 3 and 4, this bad boy came together for one of those truly rare musical epiphanies. When it comes to main stream artists, Jack White is on a level all his own. And this album just furthers that opinion for me. Expand
  15. Apr 25, 2012
    Amazing album, though the beginning is obviously stronger than the ending, in which the piano, more so than the guitar, takes a central role. Jack White is still amazing at songwriting, and I can't wait to see him as soon as he comes to NY.
  16. Apr 24, 2012
    In no way is this album cohesive, but that's what makes it great. Sounds ranging from rock to blues to alt country. Great use of keys and head shaking guitar riffs. This album will grow on you the more you listen to it as White's very personal and catchy songwriting is displayed. Can't wait to see this live as he is one of the great stage performers of our generation.
  17. Apr 24, 2012
    It's not the White Stripes, it's not the Raconteurs, it's not the Dead Weather. It's a strange, creative, and very emotional blend of all of White's collective sounds that has echoes of old-school blues, garage rock, and even some folk. The album never gets repetitive, features lyrics that express the thoughts of a man that sometimes feels that people want him to do things that he doesn't want to do, and features some screeching Jack White style guitar licks just when they're needed. The album isn't an extreme of anything, and nothing all that new is done, but the way the sounds blend together create a very strong experience of an album, with a few stellar songs, that is a great way to mark the beginning to what I hope will be a very long solo career. Expand
  18. Apr 24, 2012
    This album works in every way! Check out the full staff review at Manik Music's site http://www.manikmusic.net/reviews/jack-white-blunderbuss/

Blunderbuss is everything I wanted it to be, everything it needed to be. Itâ
  19. Apr 24, 2012
    Jack White isn't just The White Stripes, isn't just the Raconteurs, the Dead Weather, or one hell of a producer. This album displays the full breadth of his interest, from the raw rock seen in the early Stripes albums to polished beauty unlike much of what he's put his name on before. He's never been more honest with us in his career, and it pays off on Blunderbuss.
  20. Apr 24, 2012
    The most important thing to remember when listening to this album is that it isn't a debut. It's his 12th, and the new-found maturity helps it sticks right up there with the best of what he's done before. This album is some of the best music to come out of anywhere recently, and has the strongest shout for album of the year so far.

1. Jun 19, 2012
    Is White's nonchalant spectrum dabbling [found throughout the album] as interesting as the myriad variables of his own quirky sound? Eh, not quite. [No.88 p.60]
  2. White's nominal solo debut is as striking sonically as any album he's ever authorized.
  3. May 10, 2012
    He's written better songs and told better stories, but Blunderbuss lends rare perspective on a man who generally lets image speak for him.