Boomkatalog One

8.7

Review this album

1. EmilyD
    Apr 16, 2003
    So it's not really a ten, but noone else has rated, and the album deserves some credit. I'm, glad Rolling Stone mentioned moloko, the disconcerting clash of Ms. Mannings voice and her somewhate rural harsh looks, really makes me think of them. Besides, they have delightfuly good, lighthearted beats, and Taryn seems to write lyrics from her life, which resembles mine and people I So it's not really a ten, but noone else has rated, and the album deserves some credit. I'm, glad Rolling Stone mentioned moloko, the disconcerting clash of Ms. Mannings voice and her somewhate rural harsh looks, really makes me think of them. Besides, they have delightfuly good, lighthearted beats, and Taryn seems to write lyrics from her life, which resembles mine and people I know quite well. (She basically parties all the time, used to do whippits...no major conflicts being written about.) Cheese lovers and gays, this is for you....get Boomkatalogone today! Expand
  2. SabrinaR
    Jun 12, 2003
    This CD, is my all-time favorite! With their great songs, and beats, I just made some new favorite songs! ("Daydreamin'" and "The wreckoning" Total rock!) I hope more people discover what a great band Boomkat is!
  3. frankie
    Jul 17, 2003
    this is the shitamints y'all! 1 of the best sounds i've heard in ages. BIG UPS!!!
  4. williamc
    Apr 18, 2003
    I have seen some mixed reviews about this album from other critics, from classic to fake...The bottom line, is that it could be a classic. Taryn Manning is a true music star. This far, her acting carrer couldn't hold a candle to her musical capabilities. This whole album is great. I only skip one song, how often do you do that??? A true 10. I'll place a bet that this band is I have seen some mixed reviews about this album from other critics, from classic to fake...The bottom line, is that it could be a classic. Taryn Manning is a true music star. This far, her acting carrer couldn't hold a candle to her musical capabilities. This whole album is great. I only skip one song, how often do you do that??? A true 10. I'll place a bet that this band is headed for the Grammys. Expand
  5. JamieD
    Aug 10, 2003
    I love this CD! It has great beats and lyrics i can relate to. It's my favorite CD of the summer and i bring it to all the parties i go to. It might take a few listens but people generally love it after a while! What u do 2 me The best song on the album call your radio station to request it!!!
  6. Robbier
    Dec 17, 2005
    Never underestimate the power of women.
  7. hugoh
    Apr 16, 2003
    rocks
  8. CassaundraG
    Jun 18, 2003
    This cd totally kicks ass. Taryn writes about experiences that people can relate to, plus she acted with Britney Spears....what more could you ask for?!?!
  9. CoreenaP
    Sep 13, 2004
    I love their music its the best they are sooooooo cool they should get some music awards.

1. Sure, the waifish white girl slips up plenty by trying too hard to be cool, but it feels like they're having a good time, as the duo scratch and shout their way through head-swaying slow songs, soul-funk Jamiroquai-ish joints, some pop quickies and an array of other styles.
  2. Boomkatalog.One is a clever marriage of technology, creativity, and straight-up sass that gets away with being much more enjoyable than it might deserve.
  3. They're just two talented Hollywood kids proving how fun it can be to watch TRL.