7.4

Review this album

1. Apr 12, 2015
    Four years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna withoutFour years have passed and this album remains solid. The best of Lady Gaga is found here. The perfect mix between Lady Gaga who writes pop hits of The Fame Monster and The Fame (with lyrics not necessarily interesting ~~eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin ' meeee~~ ) and the Lady (Stefani) more introspective along with great vocals and her influences. Go from Michael Jackson to Madonna without lose credibility, from Queen to Bruce Spreengsteen without lose her pop touch. In addition of course to send a strong message of her visions to the fans.
    Born This Way is without a doubt one of the best pop albums delivered in years, a summary of what Lady Gaga means to pop culture, to the fans and to herself. Gaga congratulations, you got it.
  2. Apr 5, 2015
    Perfeito, Gaga arrasando mais uma vez, melhor que qualquer coisa que a inimiga Katy Perry ja fez, So uso Born this way (musica) pra tombar a carreira da Perry Katy, melhor álbum pop de 2011.
  3. Mar 28, 2015
    This creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniquesThis creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniques and sounds have not substantially changed since its creation. It is unique in its soundscape and it is a necessary step in her musical progression. with Rock and hilarious ballads moments this Pop album it's another dark record that founds itself attached to the very best 80's inspired-production. Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2015
    Gaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factorsGaga is an easy target for haters. She is an outspoken woman who sticks up for a community whom many in this country would deem worthy of nothing. She has no problem telling you that she is a talented musician and that she makes good music, so she can come across as full of herself. And yes, she does take much influence from pop icons of the past, especially Madonna. All of these factors cause many to just dismiss her all together, and the hype that the media and Gaga herself have generated leading up to the release of "Born This Way" may have actually caused a backlash against her more than anything else. So why I am discussing all of these things instead of the music itself? Mainly to point out all of the things that have come in the way of the music itself, which, in the case of "Born This Way," is almost uniformly fabulous. Gaga took several decades of popular music, filtered it through her unique point of view, and made her magnum opus. I believe it is the exact album she wanted to make, and that type of artistic integrity is hard to find in pop music today. "Marry the Night" gets the album off to a rocking, rousing start, building up to its climatic ending which is pure dance-pop nirvana. "Born This Way," the hit first single, does indeed take major influence from Madonna's recordings of the late 80s/early 90s. Its like she took "Express Yourself" and "Vogue," compressed them, and then shot them out of a laser gun. Its a thrilling sound with beautiful lyrics, totally deserving of its six-week reign on top of the U.S. charts. "Judas" takes large influence from both "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance," and while I don't personally think its up to the level of those two hits, its still very memorable with its biblically-based lyrics. "Hair" is one of my personal favorites; its a beautiful, heart-wrenching dance-rock ballad, kissed with a saxophone, for anyone and everyone who feels less than "normal." "The Edge of Glory" sounds in a similar vein, cranking up everything to a euphoric explosion. Its pure cheese, but its very tasty. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2015
    This album is her's masterpiece. Her magnum opus. Born this way has lyrics extremely well wrote and lady gaga's vocals just makes everything even better. instrumentals are great and mixed with the vocals perfectly. Lady gaga just stayed it
  6. Jan 21, 2015
    This album is simply for everyone; From catchy hooks that are Judas, The Edge Of Glory, You and I & Born This Way, to rock/pop influences such as Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, or Bloody Mary. Overall a well structured album, a great production, and great vocals from Mother Monster. What else could we expect? Positively one of the best albums released between 2000-2011.
  7. Dec 16, 2014
    The best of her album, all the songs are good, literally all, an album with quality and great vocals, the pop world needs more albums like this, so good I have no words to say about it.
    Highlights: Scheibe and Government Hooker
    Lows: Bloody Mary and Black Jesus Amen Fashion
  8. Oct 4, 2014
    ıst so bıt hc yen hsyeha jdjhsad kjashd asdba rıaj asdjh kad asdb asjruwe kahwje hjakerwjhea jawkehjasjhdasjdaskjdhlhlreau hjwehjwqeasdwhqjeawsdsanbdabn jhdsad
  9. Sep 30, 2014
    Incredibly, deeply-thought and catchy anthems for the bullied and abused age. Born This Way serves right for humanity, with genres spinning along like a gyroscope.
  10. Sep 26, 2014
    Certainly not an average pop album.
    It has soul, it has a meaning, a purpose,and damn, Gaga sings in each and every one of these songs. It might seem weird for people to actually take some time and pay attention to what a pop album has to say, but once you comprehend Born This Way and its message, you see how this is definitely a great mark on pop music.
  11. Sep 26, 2014
    prometeu álbum da geração e cumpriu, rainha do pop é assim mesmo amore. não esperava menos, tem mais qualidade que toda a carreira da doceira sem grammys
  12. Sep 25, 2014
    The power anthem. Definitely one of Gaga' best album. You guys should really check it out. It helped me alot in my troubled times. I hope the album will do the same to you too!
  13. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße'Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße' are just as brilliant as chart toppers 'Judas', 'Yoü and I' and title track 'Born This Way'. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2014
    In this album Gaga shows the world that she is not only a pop singer, she can sing rock and more, she shows that she is a complete artist, THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
  15. Sep 24, 2014
    Back in 2011, this album was undoubtedly one of the best album of the year. It shines between all the other generic, mediocre albums. It was a fresh breath of air.
  16. Sep 23, 2014
    This will be the anthem of a generation. I just can't describe how perfect this album is, from the first lyric to the last beat. This makes Little Monsters proud.
  17. Sep 23, 2014
    Gaga is peeerrrrrrr-feeeect yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gaga yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss you sound soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood!
  18. Sep 23, 2014
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night,A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan Expand
  19. Sep 23, 2014
    this girl work so hard ... OMG THIS WORK IS AMAZING... Keep doin it gurl u know ull be the new Gaga... I love the way u ork keep working amazing work... You and I is the best :)
  20. Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so different of everything that Gaga did and it's awesome. She can sing Rock/Jazz/Pop. She is a singer, She is a true Artist. And I'm very proud =)
  21. Aug 26, 2014
    One of the best albums ever. Amazing climate, instrumentals and lyrics. My favorite songs - The Edge of Glory (the best on the album), Marry The Night, Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover.
  22. Aug 10, 2014
    Born This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although herBorn This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although her gender-f***ing emulation might be her trademark, Lady Gaga certainly is an icon in her own right and has her own emulating pop stars to increase her impact in terms of influence in the mainstream music industry.

Notably, BTW is musically, vocally, and conceptually about whatever the hell it wants to be: Gaga sings in French, Italian, Spanish, and faux-German gibberish -- she "Doesn't speak German, but [she] can if you'd like" -- to dance-pop gloss covered in influences of EDM, country, rock 'n' roll, heavy metal, and in "Americano"'s case, mariachi, while turning sex, race, religion, immigracy, and LGBT rights into 16 of the catchiest pop songs of the early '10s, whether any of it feels natural or not. And although there are times when she takes herself way too seriously ("I'm gonna marry the night/I'm not gonna cry anymore"), Gaga is also a songwriter of epically goofy proportions, spouting some very, very memorable lines: ("Fame hooker, prostitue wrench, vomits her mind"), ("I don't speak German/But I wish I could"), and the most grandiose of them all ("I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south").

The highlights on BTW come from the latter end of the disc: "Heavy Metal Lovers" sure ain't metal on any musical level, but it has leather-stutted-gay-haus-dancing-in-the-dark-dirty house music down to an art; "Electric Chapel" is an ethereal electronic rock song that's more ABBA than ABBA's cover group A-Teens (who were one of my guiltiest pleasures ever, by the way); "You & I" features former Queen guitarist Brian May on the electric guitar that'll be the first and last country rock ballad dedicated to the state of Nebraska; and at last, "The Edge of Glory" is an '80s wannabe arena pop stomper that was written about the death of her grandfather in 2010, which not only shows off Mother Monster's vocal pipes, but it's also a highlight in the '00s' era of electronic music, topped by an unnecessary yet nonetheless epic saxophone solo from the late legend Clarence Clemons.

In retrospective, Born This Way very well could have worked as a successor to her most recent ARTPOP, because it's the Gaga we fell in love with during the 21st century. It's compositional pretentious never fails to rival of the heart that Gaga injects into it. It's not a masterpiece more than it is an admirably cohesive pop collection of songs that show just how inspirational top 40 music can be. It's not as if we all have to like it -- it's drained of innovation on a technical scale and we're still waiting to meet Stefani Germanotta when she's not in make-up or meat dresses. But whether it's for her commandment on the dancefloor, her wild, Bjork-esque fashion choices, or her support for the LGBT community, you got to respect on some sort of level.
  23. Jun 25, 2014
    This album is unique and perfect. Born This Way saved so many lives around the world because of your message. In short, it's an album full of responsibility!
  24. Jun 20, 2014
    O melhor album da Gaga e O MELHOR ALBUM QUE JÁ OUVI,a Gaga traz músicas sombrias,felizes e dançantes,ela consegue celebrar a aceitação de todas as formas possíveis,ela te lembra o lado negro de ser você e o lado arco-íris.
    Pena que não levou 1 Grammyzinho.
  25. May 27, 2014
    After singing about all the sights of fame, Lady Gaga starts to find another themes to sing about in her second album "Born This Way" and I agree that she does it mostly great and incredibly amazing like she did it before.
    The album starts with the highlights like "Marry The Night" and "Born This Way", asking us to turn off our cell phones and start thinking about who we are. Then she begins to talk about politics in dirty manner ("Government Hooker") and love/religion betrayal ("Judas"). After such an amazing start she makes her first fail in the album with "Americano". Although, the song is about immigration and law, it feels like a banana ice cream from diner without a cherry on its top. But after that she turns back showing that the lyrics are not the main thing in songs ("Hair", "Schiebe" and "Bloody Mary"). And after a minute with sad story ("Bad Kids") she takes us in the second part of album with strange ("Highway Unicorn" and "Electric Chapel") and excellent ("Heavy Metal Lover") songs. And here comes the end with "You and I' and "`The Edge Of Glory".
    Musically album looks like a trip on the famous Route 66, because each song sounds like being influenced on the old Rock n Roll in the new/POP meaning.
  26. May 23, 2014
    5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and political imagery, giving birth to an undeniable gay rights anthem and a new generation of Little Monsters. Gaga's ability to craft songs of self empowerment and her usually club bangers shines here. It may be one of the most influential and important albums of the decade thus far. Expand
  27. Apr 21, 2014
    When Gaga is not singing her heart out in this album, she is singing beautiful, relatable poems in form of a Pop song. Born This Way is not only lenghty and Pop Fantastico, but it is also Gaga's best album yet.
    Just look at the love Gaga gives to its little monsters with this album. Songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Bad Kids", "You & I" and "The Edge of Glory" offer a connection with the artist no other pop albums out there can do. The best of the bunch are definitely "The Edge of Glory", with its 80s Nostalgia fusion of techno and pop, "Hair", with its profund lyrics, and "Bloody Mary", with its soft rythm and mesmerizing beats. The rest of the songs are also very good (Except "Heavy Metal Lover", which is avoidable). There are some similar songs that ring familiarity, like "Americano" (Alejandro) or "Judas" (A sicker "Bad Romance") but the overall experience is so gratifying. If you love Gaga, go buy this album right now. It takes everything you love about "The Fame Monster", extends it, makes it darker, more personal and more poetic, and with Gaga's signature weirdness you will not have a bad time ever.
  28. Jan 12, 2014
    Wonderful self-empowerment album!Born This Way song itself proved that even music can make you feel stronger and be more tolerant!Really amazing vocals!
  29. Dec 21, 2013
    THIS is an album! I never tire of hearing him is so magical! In this era, Gaga spared no talent, performances and lives were perfect. Very proud of what she has become, how much she has matured in so little time, musically speaking. ILY!
  30. Dec 15, 2013
    Lady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talentedLady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talented competition (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Milye Cyrus and the likes). Amazing album. A little bit over produced but kind of epic. Expand
  31. Dec 4, 2013
    Perfect dark album of pop, her songs sounds incredible black jesus is perfect
    judas is a polemic song, and the born this way have a messege super important for the people
  32. Nov 17, 2013
    Nada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trásNada comparado ao The Fame. O álbum mais completo, complexo, profundo e segue uma ordem perfeita, aliás, o maior álbum em quesitos de estrutura e formação da Lady Gaga. Foi maravilhosamente produzido e trás faixas fortíssimas e grandes hits como a própria faixa que cedeu nome ao álbum, Born This Way. Sintetizadores, batidas eletrônicas alegres, sinos de igreja e até baladas. O álbum trás uma mensagem fortíssima em faixas como Born This Way, Hair, The Queen e a própria The Edge Of Glory, escrita pela própria Gaga para o seu avô. completamente divertido e ao mesmo tempo reflexivo, transversal e ao mesmo tempo focal. Foi o maior álbum de 2011, e um dos maiores clássicos da década, assim como prometido pela Gaga. Vendeu mais de 1,1 milhão de cópias em sua semana de estreia, totalizando ao todo, até hoje, cerca de 10 milhões de cópias mundialmente. Aliás, se não fosse o 21 da Adele, teria sido o álbum do ano pelo Grammy. Expand
  33. Nov 16, 2013
    This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade.This album revitalized Pop music and added something darker and more interesting to an otherwise boring and bright genre- and this album does exactly what needs to be done- to take pop music down a notch and get filthy with guitar riffs and crazy metal drums. The perfect rock and pop harmony occurs in a beautiful orgasm of music and it is certainly one of the best albums of the decade. With standout tracks like Government Hooker, Electric Chapel and the almost perfect Heavy Metal Lover- Born This Way will continue to be a beacon in the history of music. Gaga shows us yet again that she'd rather irrelevant and be herself than be like Katy Perry making boring pop music just because it sells. As for The Born This Way Ball- a masterpiece of modern showmanship that takes the average concertgoer into another dimension. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2013
    Born This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time theBorn This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time the tour began nearly a year after release, it was only the fans that cared anymore. Despite this, she managed to pull in a $181 million grossing world tour and had her final dates not been cancelled due to her hip injury (the icing on top of a terrible year), the tour would have been her second consecutive one to hit the $200 million mark. But the public still looks upon the album as a failure which is frankly baffling.
    So, why is the album looked upon so negatively? Because I think it's brilliant. Gaga really showed her diversity with this mesmerising body of work that has shades of light and dark, positivity and sadness. We get uplifting tracks about acceptance with Born This Way, Bad Kids, Hair, ScheiBe and Highway Unicorn. We get sexy songs like Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover. We get dark, spooky songs with Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel. We get religious commentary with Judas and Fashion Of His Love. We get deeply personal songs for Gaga in the form of Marry The Night, The Queen, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion and You And I. And we get the astonishing power ballad tour de force that is The Edge Of Glory. It's hard to find a pop album is deep, diverse and personal as this. It should be a pop classic but unfortunately will likely by filed under "under-rated diamond in the rough." I hope it hasn't ended Gaga's career for good because it's evident from this album that she has so much more to give.
  35. Nov 10, 2013
    I love Lady Gaga, but this was not her best album. It's still really good however. I believe it's an underrated album. Because it has a lot of really good songs. I personally like them all though. I can go through all the songs and sing them all word for word. The album has a nice tone and meaning but is not quite up to par with The Fame and The Fame Monster.
    My Personal favorites: Born
    My Personal favorites: Born This Way, Judas, Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Schibe, Heavy Metal Lover, and Bloody Mary.
  36. Nov 7, 2013
    A mixture of several styles, Gaga always changing and evolving in a manner inexplicable. Born This Way and many surprises! I WAS BORN THIS WAAAAAAAAY!!
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    Como amo este album! es el mejor que he escuchado de Gaga, en este album fluyen muchas emociones al pasar por las canciones, sin duda un album epico que no pasa desapercibido! Good Job Gaga
  38. Nov 3, 2013
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    BTW es el epítome en el momento de la globalización. Aquí se reúnen grandes sonidos y géneros al rededor del pop.
    La voz de Gaga está en su mejor momento. Es variado, lleno de momentos grandes... en ningún instante de da un respiro. Y de eso se trata, de cantar a todo volumen las letras. Es el album más
    De verdad pienso que es uno de los discos más menospreciados de esta nueva era.
    Es el album más emblemático de los últimos años.
  39. Oct 20, 2013
    This album was amazing! Not only inspiring, but it was out of this world. I've never heard an album with such deep lyrics, combined with great production.
  40. Oct 17, 2013
    born this way is one of the best albuns ever, it´s so experimental and dark, with a good message of love, peace, it´s a fantastic invite to love yourself celebrate who you are and follow all your dreams, to make them come true, gaga shows her many ways to make good songs there are amazing tracks and fantastics productions, it´s the best album of the year
  41. Oct 13, 2013
    Lady gaga explora nuevos sonidos fuertes desde el rock, hasta pequeñas partes de opera, una verdadera artista que se dedica a revolucionarse musicalmente, a buscar sonidos extraños y arriesgarse en crear un fantastico album.
  42. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing, Strange but very good, The lyrics and the message of the whole album is incredible, the sounds are so diferent and wear but so so amazing. I can't say anymore, it's excelent, exceptional, I can't say perfect beacuse it isn't but it comes near.
  43. Sep 28, 2013
    Nostalgic. Born This Way refers to religious themes, the darkest thoughts of our souls and the desperation for wanting to reach paradise, reshaped a texture that only art gaga is able to achieve. Incredible and amazing!
  44. Aug 15, 2013
    My favorite CD from Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" is creative and different, and an icon in pop music. The best songs are "Americano", "Bloody Mary", and "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)".
  45. Jul 30, 2013
    Excellent work Gaga. So futuristic, with many messages. No, it´s not the album of the decade, but in the pop world, it´is one of the bests. This album has soul and give us an opportunity to accept that we were born this way.
  46. Jul 22, 2013
    BTW is a truly underrated album. It combines many different music gernes from rock to opera and gives you the illusion that you live on another world were unicorns and electric chapels are real. Gaga 's vision is more clear than ever now. It'a a really brave move and an important chapter to pop history.
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to
    Gaga has proved that she doesn't care about negative critisism and she dares to challenge music. "In the most biblical sence I am beyond repentant, fame hooker, prostitute wench vomits her mind'' Lady Gaga Judas
  47. Jun 15, 2013
    Now I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiencesNow I know I might be a little late to the party but better late than never. So what can I say about Born This, especially with a two year perspective now? I can tell it is one of, if not the best album I've heard in my life. From Marry the Night to The Edge of Glory the energy does not let up. Her vocals are stronger than they ever have been, and the culmination of her past experiences along with new ideas (both sonically and thematically) along with new producers breeds her most mature album to date. Some lyrics are cheesy and at times the production takes you back to a time of nostalgia, but that's what it's all about. It's inspired by the 80's for a reason, this was Gaga's childhood, her birth moments, of course an album with such a title will be inspired by the things that inspired her as a child. Fans across the globe have responded to the messages contained within these songs and have responded with strength and hope at the new found belief within themselves to accomplish anything. For many people, this is war cry album. We will not be confined to what society thinks of us, we are our own destiny. Even now, 2 years later, I can still listen to the whole thing straight through and feel that passion within me that the album lends along with it's ability to sound just as fresh as the day I got it. Don't let the negativity surrounding the comparisons made by those out of jealous and bitterness deter you from giving this album an open-minded chance. It is a beautiful collection of music, one that will certainly more appreciation in the years to come. Expand
  48. Apr 10, 2013
    What a masterpiece we have into this amazing album. This album has so great musics, i can listen to this all day. And the songs are very ecletic, it has until Spanish songs lol. Bloody Mary is the best!!
  49. Mar 24, 2013
    Every Song Is Amazing And Unique In It's Own Way! Almost Every Song Off The Album Could Be A Single! This Album Does Not Suck As Many Reviewers Stated... Possibly The Best Of 2011!
  50. Mar 24, 2013
    I don't think anybody saw it coming when Lady Gaga changed her genre slightly to show of the amazing vocals that most people never thought she had in the first place. Her songwriting talent shone on this album as well. My one comment would be the use of auto tune that can be found on a few tracks. Other than that, the Grammy-nominated album was one of the best of 2011.
  51. Mar 17, 2013
    Wow! It was easy to only put on the great songs on The Fame Monster. But here with Born This Way, Lady Gaga managed to have a full-length album with almost only monumental pop records. Unlike her previous album, here we can really feel what is the Lady Gaga style in the music and the lyrics. Born This Way is one of the greatest album in modern pop music. The only thing that it misses is aWow! It was easy to only put on the great songs on The Fame Monster. But here with Born This Way, Lady Gaga managed to have a full-length album with almost only monumental pop records. Unlike her previous album, here we can really feel what is the Lady Gaga style in the music and the lyrics. Born This Way is one of the greatest album in modern pop music. The only thing that it misses is a ballade and some calm and relaxing songs. Born This Way is a little bit too much energetic, it should have contained one or several breaks. Expand
  52. Mar 11, 2013
    It seems that with every album she just grows stronger vocally, lyrically, and melodically. There's so much depth to this and her if you bother to dig past her image.
  53. Mar 9, 2013
    Gaga transformed every fail, every good thing in a unique album, lots of people say that is repetitive. When I listened to this for the first time, it was looking repetitive, but after I found the lyrics, and keep on listening, I treated every song different, with distinct ways.
  54. Jan 30, 2013
    'Born This Way' is hands down one of the best album ever. Gaga's vocals, amazing instrumentals thanks to greats producers such as RedOne, Fernando Garibay and Paul Blair aka DJWS, all the songs are worth listening. Gaga strengthens us with Marry The Night and Born This Way, makes us dance with Government Hooker and Scheiße and takes us to darker places with Bloody Mary. Lyrics makes'Born This Way' is hands down one of the best album ever. Gaga's vocals, amazing instrumentals thanks to greats producers such as RedOne, Fernando Garibay and Paul Blair aka DJWS, all the songs are worth listening. Gaga strengthens us with Marry The Night and Born This Way, makes us dance with Government Hooker and Scheiße and takes us to darker places with Bloody Mary. Lyrics makes senses since she tackles self-confidence, "tottering" love, and even immigration. It also deals with her past and how she always tried to keep her head held high. This is real POP. Expand
  55. Jan 24, 2013
    This is an amazing album. yeah the sound is different for Lady Gaga but the songs are really really great. it does not sound like the other generic **** out there at the moment. this album may not be to ever bodies liking, especially if you LOVED her other albums, but trust me, its great just give it some time. Stand out tracks: Marry the Night, Born this Way, Scheibe, Judas, Hair, theThis is an amazing album. yeah the sound is different for Lady Gaga but the songs are really really great. it does not sound like the other generic **** out there at the moment. this album may not be to ever bodies liking, especially if you LOVED her other albums, but trust me, its great just give it some time. Stand out tracks: Marry the Night, Born this Way, Scheibe, Judas, Hair, the end of Glory, You and I, Government Hooker, Highway Unicorn, Bad Kids! such a good over all album and the concert is absolulty AMAZINGGGG! Expand
  56. Jan 16, 2013
    The best of the year 2011- 2012 is just perfect, something never seen before, something innovative, new & unique. Lady Gaga as always surprising us with music that no one would imagine could exist.
  57. Dec 5, 2012
    Obviously it's not the best album of the decade, best Gaga's album but it's realoly good anyways. This is incrible because she shows hard that powerful voice. There's a similar sound in Hair/The Edge Of Glory but both are great and the meesage that this songs try bring to us
  58. Nov 19, 2012
    An Amazing Album, for real it's her best work to date.. I heard the album for the very first time 2 weeks ago and wow I was impressed didn't expected this to be this good, well done GaGa! The Edge of Glory, Born This Way, Hair, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, You and I and Black Jesus are my favorites, I can't wait for her next project.
  59. Oct 29, 2012
    AMAZING album. I know all the lyrics and the choruses are really catchy. Every song has a beautiful story or a strong self-empowering message. Truly one of the best pop albums of all times!
  60. Oct 15, 2012
    I love it!! While some of the songs are not good, a lot of them are. My favorites are The Edge of Glory and Sheibe. I love this album so much!! And it brings new sounds to the scene!!
  61. Oct 15, 2012
    My favorite album by Gaga! I love the different genres Gaga explores in this album, flaunting her musical diversity. There's not one song from the 17 tracks on this album that I DON'T like. Give it a listen, you won't regret it!
  62. Oct 15, 2012
    This album (though it was over-hyped before it came out) is fantastic. The production for most of the songs is similar, but they in no way sound the same. It's quite a versatile album in both sound and meaning actually. I have a feeling that in 10 years, people will look back and regret that they gave this album such little recognition. The fact that Born This Way has a lower userThis album (though it was over-hyped before it came out) is fantastic. The production for most of the songs is similar, but they in no way sound the same. It's quite a versatile album in both sound and meaning actually. I have a feeling that in 10 years, people will look back and regret that they gave this album such little recognition. The fact that Born This Way has a lower user score than her first two albums at the moment is unbelievable. This is a far more mature album, both lyrically and musically, yet perhaps even more fun and carefree in a sense. Expand
  63. Oct 15, 2012
    I can see how this album would confuse many people. It has several tracks which bring back classic sounds, but it also, at the same time, has tracks that sound modern and tracks that sound like nothing that would ever be on the radio. Lady GaGa is brilliant in being able to master all of these sounds and using her vocal capabilities to make these tracks sound both complete and fresh. SheI can see how this album would confuse many people. It has several tracks which bring back classic sounds, but it also, at the same time, has tracks that sound modern and tracks that sound like nothing that would ever be on the radio. Lady GaGa is brilliant in being able to master all of these sounds and using her vocal capabilities to make these tracks sound both complete and fresh. She uses the sounds of the eighties in songs such as "Born This Way" and "Fashion Of His Love," but despite this, the songs sound very modern and would still sound good on radio today. Tracks such as "Bloody Mary" and "Heavy Metal Lover" would never be played on radio, but again, they sound great on this album of 2011. Lady GaGa knows what she is doing, and this album is definitely not a mistake, and it rises above the mediocre level of many of today's albums. Expand
  64. Aug 4, 2012
    An excellent album, although on the whole I feel it's a bit weaker than The Fame Monster. There are some songs that get tiring to listen to too often - Highway Unicorn and Bad Kids are almost TOO full of happy pop "be yourself" vibes, and Government Hooker's beat is so dirty that it can only be tolerated in small doses. This is more than balanced out by the absolutely incredible Marry TheAn excellent album, although on the whole I feel it's a bit weaker than The Fame Monster. There are some songs that get tiring to listen to too often - Highway Unicorn and Bad Kids are almost TOO full of happy pop "be yourself" vibes, and Government Hooker's beat is so dirty that it can only be tolerated in small doses. This is more than balanced out by the absolutely incredible Marry The Night, Electric Chapel, and Scheisse - Marry The Night may be the only one of those to get any single play, but they're all beautiful examples of what Lady Gaga is capable of. The rest of the album isn't a slouch either. The sounds have more variety than The Fame Monster while still having a consistant euro-inspired feel to the dancey tracks, and a whole lot of Gaga's soul on the more emotional tracks. Expand
  65. Jun 26, 2012
    A formidable effort by Lady Gaga. While the hype of the "Greatest Album Of The Decade" may not prove to be true, Gaga produced a rock-thrilled album where each song is brought to perfection.

Songs that stood out for me were Edge Of Glory, Marry The Night, and Bloody Mary, while Bad Kids seemed a bit out of place. Nonetheless, some songs come over a bit too overproduced, however the

Nonetheless, some songs come over a bit too overproduced, however the album's shining moments cloud over anything.

Definitely worth a listen to, or even to put on repeat, and I am looking forward to listening to her next album.
  66. May 28, 2012
    A Powerful Album!
    Unforgetable This Album Has Gotten Slammed Alot! I Have No Clue Why.. Its Simply Amazing
    Hair Should Be A Single!
  67. Apr 29, 2012
    Compare Lady Gaga's career to the Bible, 'The Fame' being Christmas (birth), 'The Fame Monster' being Easter (resurrection, but nobody died) and 'Born This Way' being The Second Coming. This album is so important, so grand, so good, so well made and so meaningful to millions it really is Biblical.
  68. Apr 7, 2012
    The BEST Album of the history, Judas, Born This Way, Marry the Night, Hair, The Edge of Glory, Black Jesus, You and I, so perfect! GaGa is so perfect, my favorite album. No more questions, GaGa is the new queen.
  69. Apr 4, 2012
    One of the biggest and most meanful album of all the time! This is not just for fun,this is for thinking! And the songs are great musically..The album is about breaking the boundries of social life,pop and art!!
  70. Apr 3, 2012
    Outstanding. She took a huge risk and it paid off. Gaga is truly ahead of her time artistically, don't be fooled by the people who say the title track sounds like express yourself because it sure as hell doesn't. It's utterly exceptional and has explored something more than just conventional pop and takes on a much deeper meaning, and not one that applies to more than just her fans. YouOutstanding. She took a huge risk and it paid off. Gaga is truly ahead of her time artistically, don't be fooled by the people who say the title track sounds like express yourself because it sure as hell doesn't. It's utterly exceptional and has explored something more than just conventional pop and takes on a much deeper meaning, and not one that applies to more than just her fans. You don't have to like it but you certainly have to listen to it. They are the kind of tracks that you can listen to everyday for a year and then one day you hear something new that makes you fall in love with them all over again. Both aurally and visually it has the power to make every other female star instantly look dated. Expand
  71. Apr 3, 2012
    This is conceptually Gaga's best album yet. It fluids very well from start to finish. It's definitely something very different from Gaga's previous work, it's a bit more ambitious but in different areas. It's something you really don't see these days and I'm talking about the overall "dated" sound, almost all of the songs contain a bit more mature and confusing lyrics, it's just notThis is conceptually Gaga's best album yet. It fluids very well from start to finish. It's definitely something very different from Gaga's previous work, it's a bit more ambitious but in different areas. It's something you really don't see these days and I'm talking about the overall "dated" sound, almost all of the songs contain a bit more mature and confusing lyrics, it's just not something pop stars usually do. What I'm trying to say is "I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a bad romance" is much more accessible and understandable than "I'm on the edge of glory and I'm hanging on a moment of truth. I'm on the edge of glory and I'm hanging on a moment with you" What does that even mean? Not saying that it's a bad song, 'cause is not at all, i'm saying that this isn't your typical 12 songs bubble gum carefree pop star album. It's something more risky and complicated to digest, a very good body of work. That being said... Can a pop star survive with an album like this? Specially these days when it's so easy to call a hit-maker to make you a 3 minutes fun ready-for-the-clubs smash. There is more commercial competition these days than other musicians had to deal even 10 years ago. But then again Lady Gaga seems committed in stay far away for the pop star stereotype. You can just tell she wants transcend in Pop Culture so while Born This Way is a more worked record it may fail in giving her longevity. She doesn't need more polarisation. I'm very excited and interested to hear her next album an artist like her has so much potential and she's more talented talented than her peers but sometimes hard work beats talented. It doesn't matter how good a song, a video, a album is, if nobody hears it, if nobody remembers it: then it's not worthy. Expand
  72. Apr 3, 2012
    Very good album! I like it very much, especially ''Americano'', ScheiBe, ''Fashion Of His Love'' and ''You And I''. I really like it!. I can't wait for Gaga's next album!!
  73. Apr 2, 2012
    This is the most meaningfull album she has out this far. She believes in it, so do her little monsters. Broke a World record with Born This Way, fastest selling single in Itunes history, a title , she will have for a very, very long time.
  74. Mar 28, 2012
    A very good album with a wide range of rhythms, ranging from pop to rock stickier most representative, with nods towards electronics more delicious and juicy.
  75. Mar 26, 2012
    Born This Way is definitely Gaga's darkest album. It has a lot of gems such as "Marry the Night", "ScheiÃ
  76. Mar 23, 2012
    The lyric and production of the album is definitely a step up for Lady Gaga. One of the best album of 2011. Definitely worth your money. My favourite tracks are The Edge of Glory, You and I, Marry The Night and Judas. Check it out.
  77. Mar 23, 2012
    Pretentious, yes. Innovative, no. Different and unapologetic yet pushing buttons and standing on it's own platform. YES. 'Born This Way' may have been an overhyped piece of overproduced music coming with your side of gaga sounding like a preachy incomplete transformer, but it does stick to it's theme and does what only a few other albums have been able to do this year. Stray away from thePretentious, yes. Innovative, no. Different and unapologetic yet pushing buttons and standing on it's own platform. YES. 'Born This Way' may have been an overhyped piece of overproduced music coming with your side of gaga sounding like a preachy incomplete transformer, but it does stick to it's theme and does what only a few other albums have been able to do this year. Stray away from the trend. The album has it's gems [Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Hair, Bloody Mary] and it has it downfalls [Judas, Americano, **** Black Jesus]. All in all, it's pop music in many different forms. It's appealing to all audiences especially with it's central theme of freedom, however the message along with a lot of the music get's lost. Still one of the best pop albums of the last 5 years I must say. Expand
  78. Feb 2, 2012
    Honestly, it's a phenomenal album. Packed with self-appreciation anthems, Born This Way doesn't disappoint. Tracks like 'Americano', where Gaga is singing in Spanish and 'Scheisse' where Gaga features lyrics in German- and faux-German- while singing a feminist anthem are where Lady Gaga truly shows off her musical talents and capabilities. From the opening track 'Marry the Night' (which isHonestly, it's a phenomenal album. Packed with self-appreciation anthems, Born This Way doesn't disappoint. Tracks like 'Americano', where Gaga is singing in Spanish and 'Scheisse' where Gaga features lyrics in German- and faux-German- while singing a feminist anthem are where Lady Gaga truly shows off her musical talents and capabilities. From the opening track 'Marry the Night' (which is about Gaga's love for her home city New York) through to the final track 'The Edge of Glory' (about her grandfathers death), the album doesn't fail to disappoint. In my opinion, the strongest tracks are 'Bloody Mary' and the weakest is 'Electric Chapel'. Expand
  79. Feb 1, 2012
    Born This Way se mostrou o melhor álbum lançado no ano de 2011 e sem dúvidas um dos melhores cds pop lançado nos últimos anos. No álbum podemos encontrar batidas destruidoras, sintetizadores e letras fortes nas quais Lady Gaga não teve medo de se arriscar a lançar.Born This Way se mostrou o melhor álbum lançado no ano de 2011 e sem dúvidas um dos melhores cds pop lançado nos últimos anos. No álbum podemos encontrar batidas destruidoras, sintetizadores e letras fortes nas quais Lady Gaga não teve medo de se arriscar a lançar. Parabéns Gaga pelo álbum Born This Way ser um sucesso de vendas e críticas positivas e nos presenteie cada vez mais com álbums semelhantes ou até melhores que esse â Expand
  80. Dec 4, 2011
    The album features influences Heavy Metal, Disco, Glam Rock. The vocals are perfect, the lyrics are a challenge, the melody is incredible. Gaga has brought us something really good and different.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    The album of the decade. Every song stands out by itself. The album is a piece of art that should be heard as a whole. Lady Gaga has amazing vocals and shows it in the record.
  82. Nov 5, 2011
    Born This Way is a Pop masterpiece that breaks through many societal barriers. The albums if filled with tracks that vary in musical content- songs like "You and I", "The Edge of Glory", and "The Queen" add a more mature sound to this Pop icon. Tracks like "Americano", "Government Hooker", "Bloody Mary", "Electric Chapel", "Black Jesus", and the three tracks previously mentioned travelBorn This Way is a Pop masterpiece that breaks through many societal barriers. The albums if filled with tracks that vary in musical content- songs like "You and I", "The Edge of Glory", and "The Queen" add a more mature sound to this Pop icon. Tracks like "Americano", "Government Hooker", "Bloody Mary", "Electric Chapel", "Black Jesus", and the three tracks previously mentioned travel beyond today's standard Pop vibes- they add something new to the realm of the Pop industry. And to tie this with a golden knot, some tracks like "Judas" "Bloody Mary" and "The Queen" have complex lyrics that prove that Gaga is more than just some pop Princess writing about love. Expand
  83. Oct 28, 2011
    The best album I've ever heard! Mother Monster has totally overcome herself! THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE. is the anthem of our generation and I will always remeber I WAS BORN THIS WAY! so congratulations, Gaga you did it!
  84. Oct 25, 2011
    Hell yes, this is an album that sould be listed among the best of this year!!!This album is totally different from her previous album, and that's what artists should do!!!Explore new ground and find new ideas that will bring you ear-orgasm, and Gaga surely delivers that at the maximum point!Every song is a highlight on its own in this album, an album that breaks music boundaries the wayHell yes, this is an album that sould be listed among the best of this year!!!This album is totally different from her previous album, and that's what artists should do!!!Explore new ground and find new ideas that will bring you ear-orgasm, and Gaga surely delivers that at the maximum point!Every song is a highlight on its own in this album, an album that breaks music boundaries the way only Gaga can do!!! Expand
  85. Oct 15, 2011
    Needless to say, awesome album. Tiny Mix Tapes is obviously unprofessional and biased to give it a zero, especially when almost every other review disagrees with it. Those who hate this album are just prejudiced against mainstream music and are very bigoted about it, or they believe those dumb rumours of Lady Gaga being Satanic when they have no hard evidence. Period.
  86. Sep 29, 2011
    Lady Gaga proves again why she is the next Madonna and the biggest thing around. Her talent, versatility, memorable voice and memorable lyrics attribute to the greatness of this album.
  87. Sep 19, 2011
    So inspirational. Album of the decade. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  88. Sep 14, 2011
    This album is just awesome, i loved it. Bloody Mary, Scheibe, Marry the Night, Hair and The Queen are certainly the best tracks, but all musics are great. I just didn't like Highway Unicorn too much, it has a bad song but Gaga's volcals are perfect in all tracks.
  89. Aug 29, 2011
    Lady Gaga is a genius. She writes her own stuff, does a lot of her own synth work, and works her ass off for her fans. Can't get any better than Gaga.
  90. Aug 29, 2011
    This album is amazing. All the songs are amazing. This album is as dark as the fame monster. Gaga proved that she can sing all the genres, no only pop. One of my favorites by far.
  91. Aug 26, 2011
    This thing gets better everytime you listen to it, and already its shaping up to be one of the most underrated albums of the decade. Those panning this album are obviously unable to accept the change in style from The Fame and therefore I can only assume want their artists to keep producing the same stuff at every outing and not explore new avenues. If that's what you want; then thisThis thing gets better everytime you listen to it, and already its shaping up to be one of the most underrated albums of the decade. Those panning this album are obviously unable to accept the change in style from The Fame and therefore I can only assume want their artists to keep producing the same stuff at every outing and not explore new avenues. If that's what you want; then this masterpiece isn't for you. Whereas those of us who welcome the change in style can appreciate that tracks like U&I, The Edge of Glory and Hair are the highpoint of her career. Gaga is simply brilliant, I don't give a flying **** if Katy Perry has more Grammy nominations for her much LESS remarkable Teenage Dream; I never expected this album to be fully appreciated for what it is anyway. "I just wanna be myself, and i want you to love me for who I am.." We do, Gaga...we do. Expand
  92. Aug 23, 2011
    They say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Well, imitation is the root of pop culture. Gaga has been able to mold past works and genres into a modernized pop masterpiece in the way Madonna did back in her peak. This album will be remembered not only for it's unique presence in our current mainstream scene but for the amazing visuals shes presented with the album publicly. FromThey say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Well, imitation is the root of pop culture. Gaga has been able to mold past works and genres into a modernized pop masterpiece in the way Madonna did back in her peak. This album will be remembered not only for it's unique presence in our current mainstream scene but for the amazing visuals shes presented with the album publicly. From the alien-esque Marilyn Manson inspired prosthetics from her Born This Way music video to the Biblical imagery of her Youtube hit Judas. I'm sure the cherry on top will happen when her worldwide tour kicks off in support of this album. This album is a melting pot of new-wave, hair-metal, club beats, dance-pop, and rock'n'roll. She's come a long way from the faux-plastic pop of The Fame and if she keeps pushing her creativity I know she'll make a huge mark in music history. Expand
  93. Aug 14, 2011
    Gaga gives us awesome songs in her new album. In my opinion, even though some songs are irrelevant and skipped, %80 are being listened and ADORED. Some of her songs are electronic, some are pop, some are heavy-pop, some are rock but none of them falls apart when it comes to concept and general feeling. I'm definitely not disappointed.
  94. Aug 12, 2011
    First at all, yes; Born This Way had very hype before the release and this is the worst thing that Lady Gaga made in this work.

The first time that you listen the album is totally "creep" and even you felt disappointed. But two more times is enough to see the magnificence of Born This Way. All the records are different, the variety is the point of this album and this is GOOD. The other

All the records are different, the variety is the point of this album and this is GOOD. The other point is that sound totally different that others pop album releases in this year. Also Born This Way show the very good and strong vocal attitude of Gaga.
    I love so much this work, and I think that much better than The Fame and only slightly below The Fame Monster.

The best songs on the album are Born This Way (strange the first time but much better in time, people that disappointed Gaga like this song, this is the test), The Edge of Glory (the best song of Gaga ever, even better than Speechless. Very heavy to say) and finally Hair (a powerfull record).
    An the other songs that can be single are, Marry the Night, Scheibe, Bloody Mary, Yoü and I and Heavy Metal Lover.

All them amazing.

PD: People that said Just Dance is the better Gaga's song have no idea of music.
  95. Aug 1, 2011
    This is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born thisThis is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born this way deserves a note outstanding. Adele also said he loves Gaga. Be constructive and not to hate people either jealousy or something else and by that I mean the Tiny Mix Tapes criticism . Expand
  96. Jul 27, 2011
    This album is software proof that art still lives in pop music. Lady Gaga has understood something about artistic freedom and lyrical depth. Something that seemed to be missing from the album's descendant, "The Fame Monster". Where it may not be as much as a commercial success, this album shows a much more bolder, stronger, and emotional kind of delivery. Where at points it may feelThis album is software proof that art still lives in pop music. Lady Gaga has understood something about artistic freedom and lyrical depth. Something that seemed to be missing from the album's descendant, "The Fame Monster". Where it may not be as much as a commercial success, this album shows a much more bolder, stronger, and emotional kind of delivery. Where at points it may feel rushed, cheesy, and overworked...it makes up for the artistry in the depth of the meaning of her music. Bringing together classical music, rock, pop, dance, jazz, and techno, Lady Gaga has made a true effort into creating something that is not mediocre. The religious imagery in "Born This Way" reminds us that art, faith, and music can all co-exist once again. And maybe Lady Gaga is the person to bring the three worlds back together. Expand
  97. Jul 26, 2011
    This album is great from start to finish. I actually agree it is the album of the decade (2010-2011). I haven't heard an album I like more than this one, to be honest. Negative reviews for the album are completely ridiculous to me. Either the person does not like this genre of music or they have a biased opinion against Lady Gaga. Every song sounds completely different from the next withThis album is great from start to finish. I actually agree it is the album of the decade (2010-2011). I haven't heard an album I like more than this one, to be honest. Negative reviews for the album are completely ridiculous to me. Either the person does not like this genre of music or they have a biased opinion against Lady Gaga. Every song sounds completely different from the next with each containing the high production value and song writing you would expect from Gaga. The album's first half is more modern sounding dance tracks while the later half has more of a 80/90's and rock influence. Excellent! Expand
  98. Jul 20, 2011
    An absolutely incredible album which consists of some of Lady Gaga's most catchy and fun material to date. Every song is unique and likeable in its own right. Gaga is on top form with Born this Way, and, judging by some of the material in Born this Way, she's got a lot more talent than people give her credit for. 10/10.

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.