Born This Way

7.6

Review this album

1. Aug 15, 2013
    My favorite CD from Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" is creative and different, and an icon in pop music. The best songs are "Americano", "Bloody Mary", and "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)".
  2. Apr 3, 2015
    This album really lies between The Fame and The Fame Monster. It's a good album with a positive message and great production. The only concern I have about Born This Way is that the music gets repetitive after a while. This album earns a B from me. Highlights: "Born This Way", "The Edge of Glory", "Government Hooker". Worst song: "You and I"
  3. Aug 10, 2014
    Born This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although herBorn This Way came out in 2011 and it's still one of the most polarizing pop records in the '10s, Lady Gaga channels her inner Bruce Springsteen on an arena rocking scale, Queen on a campy scale, and Madonna on a musical scale and, well, everywhere else -- "Born This Way" comes close to being hailed as one of the greatest remixes of "Express Yourself" to date. But although her gender-f***ing emulation might be her trademark, Lady Gaga certainly is an icon in her own right and has her own emulating pop stars to increase her impact in terms of influence in the mainstream music industry.

Notably, BTW is musically, vocally, and conceptually about whatever the hell it wants to be: Gaga sings in French, Italian, Spanish, and faux-German gibberish -- she "Doesn't speak German, but [she] can if you'd like" -- to dance-pop gloss covered in influences of EDM, country, rock 'n' roll, heavy metal, and in "Americano"'s case, mariachi, while turning sex, race, religion, immigracy, and LGBT rights into 16 of the catchiest pop songs of the early '10s, whether any of it feels natural or not. And although there are times when she takes herself way too seriously ("I'm gonna marry the night/I'm not gonna cry anymore"), Gaga is also a songwriter of epically goofy proportions, spouting some very, very memorable lines: ("Fame hooker, prostitue wrench, vomits her mind"), ("I don't speak German/But I wish I could"), and the most grandiose of them all ("I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south").

The highlights on BTW come from the latter end of the disc: "Heavy Metal Lovers" sure ain't metal on any musical level, but it has leather-stutted-gay-haus-dancing-in-the-dark-dirty house music down to an art; "Electric Chapel" is an ethereal electronic rock song that's more ABBA than ABBA's cover group A-Teens (who were one of my guiltiest pleasures ever, by the way); "You & I" features former Queen guitarist Brian May on the electric guitar that'll be the first and last country rock ballad dedicated to the state of Nebraska; and at last, "The Edge of Glory" is an '80s wannabe arena pop stomper that was written about the death of her grandfather in 2010, which not only shows off Mother Monster's vocal pipes, but it's also a highlight in the '00s' era of electronic music, topped by an unnecessary yet nonetheless epic saxophone solo from the late legend Clarence Clemons.

In retrospective, Born This Way very well could have worked as a successor to her most recent ARTPOP, because it's the Gaga we fell in love with during the 21st century. It's compositional pretentious never fails to rival of the heart that Gaga injects into it. It's not a masterpiece more than it is an admirably cohesive pop collection of songs that show just how inspirational top 40 music can be. It's not as if we all have to like it -- it's drained of innovation on a technical scale and we're still waiting to meet Stefani Germanotta when she's not in make-up or meat dresses. But whether it's for her commandment on the dancefloor, her wild, Bjork-esque fashion choices, or her support for the LGBT community, you got to respect on some sort of level.
  4. Nov 11, 2013
    I'm thoroughly surprised at the quality brought before me, as I was originally turned off by the Arcee inspired art and overproduced nature of the first two singles. This just proves that (and I know it's hard to except) that I can be wrong, but at the end of the day folks (dare I end it on such an obvious note, ah what the hell) I was born this way.
  5. May 28, 2012
    A Powerful Album!
    Unforgetable This Album Has Gotten Slammed Alot! I Have No Clue Why.. Its Simply Amazing
    Hair Should Be A Single!
  6. Sep 24, 2012
    *UPDATED REVIEW* Catchy, original and enjoyable, though preachy, Born This Way is a joy listen to and is never boring.
  7. Dec 16, 2014
    The best of her album, all the songs are good, literally all, an album with quality and great vocals, the pop world needs more albums like this, so good I have no words to say about it.
    Highlights: Scheibe and Government Hooker
    Lows: Bloody Mary and Black Jesus Amen Fashion
  8. Jan 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Born This Way é um bom álbum, mas não sei o porque desse endeusamento com ele. Com uma estrada longa (e, muitas vezes, cansativa) de 17 faixas, nem 10 conseguem ser realmente boas. Mas é uma boa pedida pra quem gosta de um pop com muitos sintetizadores.

Pontos Altos: Judas, Hair, Born This Way
    Pontos Baixos: Bad Kids, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover
  9. May 24, 2011
    This album is really good. I don't see how anybody could hate this album. How can anybody say this album was horrible. I know its different from her other two albums but it still keep the electro pop sound. This album gets more personal but still has dance tracks, Lady Gaga on this album shows that she can sing. I love Lady Gaga. The Fame and Fame Monster was amazing album. This isThis album is really good. I don't see how anybody could hate this album. How can anybody say this album was horrible. I know its different from her other two albums but it still keep the electro pop sound. This album gets more personal but still has dance tracks, Lady Gaga on this album shows that she can sing. I love Lady Gaga. The Fame and Fame Monster was amazing album. This is different from those two albums. I think this album is her best yet. At first i didn't like the direction she was going for this album. After listening to this album I became to love it. This is one of the best albums of the year so far. Gaga on this album show people that she can song. Her song writing for this album is really good. I do miss the old gaga but this gaga is cool also in my book. I like the style for this album. This album sounds like an 80s album and also 90's and today. This is an album that some gaga fans would love and some wouldn't. Some people didn't like the direction she went for this album, I understand. Like I stated before I didn't like the direction she was going for this album. This album has some dance tracks like The Edge of Glory. This song is Gaga best yet. Love that song. Some songs are dance songs but still have an electro pop sound to it like You And I. This might be Gaga best album. Right now this is her best album but all her albums gets the same same ratings for me which means all her album are tie to me. This is my favorite right now at the moment but all her albums are really good. I don't see how anybody could give this album a 4 and down. Expand
  10. May 7, 2016
    Best album of Lady Gaga. Every tack is wonderful. Rangin from LGBT based "Born In This Way" and "Americano" to soulful perfomance of "You and I" and "The Edge of Glory", this is what Lady Gaga is - an artist. Gaga's vocal delivery is worth praise. Ofcourse the "Madonna" factor is all over the album, especially "Born In This Way" - modern version of Madonna's hit "Express Yourself". ButBest album of Lady Gaga. Every tack is wonderful. Rangin from LGBT based "Born In This Way" and "Americano" to soulful perfomance of "You and I" and "The Edge of Glory", this is what Lady Gaga is - an artist. Gaga's vocal delivery is worth praise. Ofcourse the "Madonna" factor is all over the album, especially "Born In This Way" - modern version of Madonna's hit "Express Yourself". But Gaga still creates her own current. Also, the sentiment of the song "The Edge of Glory" is beautiful. There could'nt have been a better closing track. Moreover, This is how a Pop album should sound like. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    Every Song Is Amazing And Unique In It's Own Way! Almost Every Song Off The Album Could Be A Single! This Album Does Not Suck As Many Reviewers Stated... Possibly The Best Of 2011!
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    I don't think anybody saw it coming when Lady Gaga changed her genre slightly to show of the amazing vocals that most people never thought she had in the first place. Her songwriting talent shone on this album as well. My one comment would be the use of auto tune that can be found on a few tracks. Other than that, the Grammy-nominated album was one of the best of 2011.
  13. Apr 30, 2014
    It's good, and unique, and artistic, and good. But was there really a need to make such lyrics for Government Hooker? Was there a need to stray away from the inspiring, individualistic nature of the album itself? And the filler tracks were fillers.
  14. Jun 20, 2011
    The most awaited album of 2011 has arrived! Though the top tracks like "Fashion Of His Love" and "Black Jesus + Amen Fashion" were only on the Special Edition, the album itself is worthy of the title of ALBUM OF 2011. It brings back the 80s vibe and saxophones are present throughout the album. The highlights of the album are "Hair", "SheiÃ
  15. Nov 14, 2013
    Born This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time theBorn This Way was such a double-edged sword for Gaga. Things started out so well, with one of the biggest singles of her career and an amazing 2 million copies sold on the first day worldwide, including 1.1 million in the US alone. But then, things started going wrong. Polarising single choices, overexposure and too much weirdness all caused the album to die a slow death. By the time the tour began nearly a year after release, it was only the fans that cared anymore. Despite this, she managed to pull in a $181 million grossing world tour and had her final dates not been cancelled due to her hip injury (the icing on top of a terrible year), the tour would have been her second consecutive one to hit the $200 million mark. But the public still looks upon the album as a failure which is frankly baffling.
    So, why is the album looked upon so negatively? Because I think it's brilliant. Gaga really showed her diversity with this mesmerising body of work that has shades of light and dark, positivity and sadness. We get uplifting tracks about acceptance with Born This Way, Bad Kids, Hair, ScheiBe and Highway Unicorn. We get sexy songs like Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover. We get dark, spooky songs with Bloody Mary and Electric Chapel. We get religious commentary with Judas and Fashion Of His Love. We get deeply personal songs for Gaga in the form of Marry The Night, The Queen, Black Jesus/Amen Fashion and You And I. And we get the astonishing power ballad tour de force that is The Edge Of Glory. It's hard to find a pop album is deep, diverse and personal as this. It should be a pop classic but unfortunately will likely by filed under "under-rated diamond in the rough." I hope it hasn't ended Gaga's career for good because it's evident from this album that she has so much more to give.
  16. Sep 1, 2015
    An amazing whirlwind of an album that's hinted with 80's dancepop and rock cheese with a true and deep connection hidden below the surface. It will take you to church, take your virginity and get you drunk all at the same time. Such an amazing album by the Queen, Lady Gaga.
  17. Aug 4, 2011
    Born This Way is an album by a great musician blending and experimenting the sound of all her musical inspirations. Born This Way is too long for a single disc album and it sounds unfocused because you are confused if her direction is techno or pop rock. The use of religious names is getting offensive, she should get rid of it. The blend of electro-disco and pop rock in songs such as HairBorn This Way is an album by a great musician blending and experimenting the sound of all her musical inspirations. Born This Way is too long for a single disc album and it sounds unfocused because you are confused if her direction is techno or pop rock. The use of religious names is getting offensive, she should get rid of it. The blend of electro-disco and pop rock in songs such as Hair and Bad Kids is awkward. The unnecessary remakes or versions of Express Yourself is not needed and makes the album sound unoriginal. Overall, Born This Way is a solid pop album together with her first two albums. Expand
  18. Jun 20, 2014
    O melhor album da Gaga e O MELHOR ALBUM QUE JÁ OUVI,a Gaga traz músicas sombrias,felizes e dançantes,ela consegue celebrar a aceitação de todas as formas possíveis,ela te lembra o lado negro de ser você e o lado arco-íris.
    Pena que não levou 1 Grammyzinho.
  19. May 23, 2011
    14 EARWORMS. Her music has totally evolved and the diversity of this monster provides music for everyone. It's a brave and proper step and though it is clear that this is not (yet) "album of the decade", only time will tell. Just settle yourself for the biggest pop rollercoaster ride Gaga has ever conceived. A masterpiece.
  20. Nov 21, 2015
    Writing a review 4 years later. If there's one thing at least everyone can agree on regarding this album, it is that for a pop album, it sounds NOTHING like any other pop album, both in 2011, before that and up till now. Lady Gaga is simply one hell of a songwriter and artiste. This album made such a grand statement in it's artistry I can confidently say it is her best work. First time IWriting a review 4 years later. If there's one thing at least everyone can agree on regarding this album, it is that for a pop album, it sounds NOTHING like any other pop album, both in 2011, before that and up till now. Lady Gaga is simply one hell of a songwriter and artiste. This album made such a grand statement in it's artistry I can confidently say it is her best work. First time I heard it, I heard lots of fillers. however, over time, i came to see what gaga was envisioning when writing these songs and arranging this album. 9/10 without a doubt (Previously 7/10) Expand
  21. Dec 17, 2014
    Durante la era Born This Way, Gaga re-invento los estándares de la música pop desde sus bases con melodías pegajosas, memorables y cantos llenos de energía.
  22. Aug 11, 2011
    This album's great, but there's really only four songs you truly need from it: "Judas", "Born This Way", "Electric Chapel", and "Edge of Glory". Otherwise, it's just the usual Gaga fill-in we saw in THE FAME MONSTER.
  23. Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so different of everything that Gaga did and it's awesome. She can sing Rock/Jazz/Pop. She is a singer, She is a true Artist. And I'm very proud =)
  24. May 23, 2011
    Amazing album. Other than Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) which is horrible, every track is unique and has something to offer. The album includes everything and even the ones who did not enjoy her previous work will find something they like.
    Standouts:
    Government Hooker, Judas, Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, You and I
  25. Jul 27, 2011
    Track By Track- Marry the Night- hot and amazing. Very well done. Born This Way- an OK song certainly not her best. Government Hooker- cool name but it is insane. I don't get it. Judas- I love it! One of her best songs yet. Sure it might be just a remix of Bad Romance but who the hell cares? Americano-worst song. ever. it sucks. that is all i'm gonna say. Hair- i love it so much! it superTrack By Track- Marry the Night- hot and amazing. Very well done. Born This Way- an OK song certainly not her best. Government Hooker- cool name but it is insane. I don't get it. Judas- I love it! One of her best songs yet. Sure it might be just a remix of Bad Romance but who the hell cares? Americano-worst song. ever. it sucks. that is all i'm gonna say. Hair- i love it so much! it super cute and everything. It is very nice. Scheisse- a German electropop song that talks about **** Cool. Bloody Mary- my second favorite song in the album. Slow but cool. Bad Kids- in the top 3 of the best songs in this album. Loveable. Highway Unicorn- stupid much? Heavy Metal Lover- idiotic. Electric Chapel-weirdly amazing? You and I- Cool. Sounds Amazing. The Edge of Glory- best GaGa SONG YET. Expand
  26. May 27, 2011
    ThisThis Album Is Overall Good.. Below Is A Track Listing And A Score Out Of 10-
    Marry The Night 10/10, Born This Way 10/10, Government Hooker 8/10, Judas 8/10, Americano 2/10, Hair 8/10, ScheiÃ
  27. May 25, 2016
    Not going to lie, this album is Gaga's best album to date. The title track is one of the most empowering and one of the best songs of this generation and in my opinion it will become the 'Like a Virgin' of our generation however the message is very different. All the singles from this album DESERVED to be singles and so Gaga did justice to the singles and to the album as a whole. VeryNot going to lie, this album is Gaga's best album to date. The title track is one of the most empowering and one of the best songs of this generation and in my opinion it will become the 'Like a Virgin' of our generation however the message is very different. All the singles from this album DESERVED to be singles and so Gaga did justice to the singles and to the album as a whole. Very proud of this album and will definitely be one of my favorites of all time. Although Gaga did disappoint us with ARTPOP considering it one of her worst album despite all the hype around it!! Expand
  28. Jan 7, 2013
    Being a Pop Singer is never just about the voice. It's about the whole package and how his / her image is presented for the public's consumption. In an age of rampant piracy and declining album sales, Gaga is one of the most versatile. She embraced controversy like a blanket, communicating with her fans through social media. Born This Way is more of a product than an artist's expression,Being a Pop Singer is never just about the voice. It's about the whole package and how his / her image is presented for the public's consumption. In an age of rampant piracy and declining album sales, Gaga is one of the most versatile. She embraced controversy like a blanket, communicating with her fans through social media. Born This Way is more of a product than an artist's expression, but that's fine by me. It's slickly produced and Gaga has a natural talent of knowing what melody that's catchy and which hot 'topical' buttons to press. Like it or not, she is here to stay and one of the finest Pop Singer in the market today. Expand
  29. Mar 26, 2012
    I prefer "The Fame" and "The Fame Monster" because for me that was the real Lady gaga...... However this is a good album, good sounds and good lyrics. The best songs are The edge of glory, heavy metal lover, born this way, you and i, marry the night and Bloody Mary. Good album but this is not the "new Thriller" or the best album of the future 10 years. Only in 2011 there are a lot ofI prefer "The Fame" and "The Fame Monster" because for me that was the real Lady gaga...... However this is a good album, good sounds and good lyrics. The best songs are The edge of glory, heavy metal lover, born this way, you and i, marry the night and Bloody Mary. Good album but this is not the "new Thriller" or the best album of the future 10 years. Only in 2011 there are a lot of albums better than this and also "The Fame" and "The Fame Monster" are better than this. I like it and i like her, but i don't like when some artists say that their album will be the greatest in the world. ( sorry for my English ) Expand
  30. Mar 9, 2013
    Gaga transformed every fail, every good thing in a unique album, lots of people say that is repetitive. When I listened to this for the first time, it was looking repetitive, but after I found the lyrics, and keep on listening, I treated every song different, with distinct ways.
  31. Mar 28, 2015
    This creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniquesThis creation evokes specific time periods. The production was all intentional, but it didn't sound like what any other pop star was doing, or has done. The vocals, if you analyze them more closely, are also produced in a very intentional way (in part to evoke, again, a certain time period, and in part to be louder, more harsh, and more direct), The production is just fine and techniques and sounds have not substantially changed since its creation. It is unique in its soundscape and it is a necessary step in her musical progression. with Rock and hilarious ballads moments this Pop album it's another dark record that founds itself attached to the very best 80's inspired-production. Expand
  32. Aug 3, 2012
    Lady Gaga focused on quantity over quality, which caused a few bad fillers to make the album (Bad Kids/Americano), but there are some really great songs, like Judas, Marry the Night, and Edge of Glory. I would have preferred her to focus less on the "be yourself" message, and instead just focus on the music, since the better songs on the album are the once that aren't all preachy. ThereLady Gaga focused on quantity over quality, which caused a few bad fillers to make the album (Bad Kids/Americano), but there are some really great songs, like Judas, Marry the Night, and Edge of Glory. I would have preferred her to focus less on the "be yourself" message, and instead just focus on the music, since the better songs on the album are the once that aren't all preachy. There are some great songs though. This could make an excellent album if a few songs were removed. There's something for everyone on Born This Way. Expand
  33. Aug 1, 2011
    This is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born thisThis is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born this way deserves a note outstanding. Adele also said he loves Gaga. Be constructive and not to hate people either jealousy or something else and by that I mean the Tiny Mix Tapes criticism . Expand
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    Lady Gaga is not one of the best artists in the world, but this album was a good surprise. Gaga is a powerful and brilliantly original pop performer and some songs of Born This Way are very good. For me the biggest triumph of the album is You And I, a simply stunning pop rock song. Songs like Born This Way and The Edge Of Glory are very good as well, but I think that Lady Gaga wastesLady Gaga is not one of the best artists in the world, but this album was a good surprise. Gaga is a powerful and brilliantly original pop performer and some songs of Born This Way are very good. For me the biggest triumph of the album is You And I, a simply stunning pop rock song. Songs like Born This Way and The Edge Of Glory are very good as well, but I think that Lady Gaga wastes sometimes her talent and her beautiful voice in obvious and uninteresting pop songs. Born This Way is in my counts, the 3rd best album of the year. Expand
  35. Jun 10, 2015
    magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent magnificent
  36. Aug 23, 2011
    They say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Well, imitation is the root of pop culture. Gaga has been able to mold past works and genres into a modernized pop masterpiece in the way Madonna did back in her peak. This album will be remembered not only for it's unique presence in our current mainstream scene but for the amazing visuals shes presented with the album publicly. FromThey say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Well, imitation is the root of pop culture. Gaga has been able to mold past works and genres into a modernized pop masterpiece in the way Madonna did back in her peak. This album will be remembered not only for it's unique presence in our current mainstream scene but for the amazing visuals shes presented with the album publicly. From the alien-esque Marilyn Manson inspired prosthetics from her Born This Way music video to the Biblical imagery of her Youtube hit Judas. I'm sure the cherry on top will happen when her worldwide tour kicks off in support of this album. This album is a melting pot of new-wave, hair-metal, club beats, dance-pop, and rock'n'roll. She's come a long way from the faux-plastic pop of The Fame and if she keeps pushing her creativity I know she'll make a huge mark in music history. Expand
  37. Feb 5, 2012
    Lady Gaga really did an amazing job promoting this album. The amount of hype created made this one of the highest-selling albums in 2011. However, and I don't really like saying this since I'm a fan of hers, this album wasn't as great as The Fame or The Fame Monster -which I actually consider her best work to date-. Anyway, it was a good album, with great production -Gaga, Garibay, RedOneLady Gaga really did an amazing job promoting this album. The amount of hype created made this one of the highest-selling albums in 2011. However, and I don't really like saying this since I'm a fan of hers, this album wasn't as great as The Fame or The Fame Monster -which I actually consider her best work to date-. Anyway, it was a good album, with great production -Gaga, Garibay, RedOne and Blair are really amazing musicians and their creativity has no limits. Most of the songs were very well done with very deep lyrical content which maybe only her fans get to know (e.g. Judas) and amazing beats.
    Interscope made a risky move with this album by not concentrating on the singles sales (not a lot of single material) but on the album sales, but thanks to all the promotion this album had, they could achieve this.
  38. Nov 4, 2015
    Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love,Album of the decade, right? This album and so great that in my design and one of the biggest and best albums of the decade. The album is encouraging and has a lot of bravery and consequently a lot of criticism of religion. This makes it is large, it means that taca the nail on the head of thousands of religious, encourages young people to take risks and find himself. Talk about love, acceptance to seem cliché, but for this album which is far from being an ordinary album. Very personal and at the same time it goes to people feeling that millions of people go every day for, days, months, years, decades. The sound and lyrics are of an exceptional quality music with elements of the band Queen and saxophones make this more masjestoso album. This album came world almost called "classic was born." Album with various influences, the best possible, that opens the album for example is a hymn of the 90 decade in the 2000s, has music inspired by the euro pop, has electric guitar whole chills you, you punk, has religious symbolism, speaks of Latino immigrants in the US. There is no right word to name this album. Born This Way is the album of the decade when referring to Pop / Punk / Rock / Art / Feelings. Expand
  39. May 31, 2011
    Born This Way will more than likely be a masterpiece for die-hard GaGa fans. For everyone else, it'll just be a recommendation. It is certainly more different than any other pop album of 2011, for sure. Another shiny aspect of Born This Way is that it sounds like a remastered blast from the '80s. The standout tracks are "Electric Chapel" and "The Edge of Glory", which definitely drawBorn This Way will more than likely be a masterpiece for die-hard GaGa fans. For everyone else, it'll just be a recommendation. It is certainly more different than any other pop album of 2011, for sure. Another shiny aspect of Born This Way is that it sounds like a remastered blast from the '80s. The standout tracks are "Electric Chapel" and "The Edge of Glory", which definitely draw influence from '80s dance pop and europop. However, one of its weakest tracks are "Judas", which is basically a rewritten version of "Bad Romance", both having the same tone and meaning. Expand
  40. Nov 12, 2013
    The good in Born This Way heavily outweighs the bad. The songs are fun, and Lady Gaga cranks out some catchy melodies and solid beats. Gaga also branches out and experiments with genres and styles. Sometimes it really works, sometimes it doesn't. Some songs are forgettable and become victims of generic pop trends. Standout tracks are "Marry the Night", "You and I", "Edge of Glory", andThe good in Born This Way heavily outweighs the bad. The songs are fun, and Lady Gaga cranks out some catchy melodies and solid beats. Gaga also branches out and experiments with genres and styles. Sometimes it really works, sometimes it doesn't. Some songs are forgettable and become victims of generic pop trends. Standout tracks are "Marry the Night", "You and I", "Edge of Glory", and possibly "Hair". "Judas" and "Born This Way" are the 'controversial' tracks, but they both serve as enjoyable, catchy dance tunes with a little bit of a message. Gaga's voice is definitely a strong asset, and it accompanies the rich synths and melodies very well.

I'm writing this after having also listened to her new ARTPOP album, which was disappointing. Hopefully her next projects follow in the footsteps of Born This Way, as Born This Way shows musical growth and maturity. Not perfect, a little underwhelming or generic at times, but definitely a step in the right direction I believe.
  41. May 24, 2011
    Pop, Electro, Dubstep, Dance, Country... This is what you'll find in Born This Way. Dance while thinking, this is what Gaga is trying to say in this album. Is it the pop album of the decade, as Akon said? Maybe... after all, the decade just started. But, it is the best pop release since Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesound. Hits? Marry The Night, Americano, Hair, The Edge Of Glory andPop, Electro, Dubstep, Dance, Country... This is what you'll find in Born This Way. Dance while thinking, this is what Gaga is trying to say in this album. Is it the pop album of the decade, as Akon said? Maybe... after all, the decade just started. But, it is the best pop release since Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesound. Hits? Marry The Night, Americano, Hair, The Edge Of Glory and of course, Born This Way and Judas. I feel you'll hear about Born This Way for a whole year for sure. Expand
  42. Oct 20, 2011
    Born This Way isn't the biggest pop album Gaga thinks it to be. However, from the opening church bells of "Marry the Night" to the dramatic finale of "The Edge of Glory", it is definitely one of the strangest and most experimental albums a mainstream artist has released in years. Its mixture of dance-pop and a hundred other musical genres (including rock n' roll, electropop, heavy metal,Born This Way isn't the biggest pop album Gaga thinks it to be. However, from the opening church bells of "Marry the Night" to the dramatic finale of "The Edge of Glory", it is definitely one of the strangest and most experimental albums a mainstream artist has released in years. Its mixture of dance-pop and a hundred other musical genres (including rock n' roll, electropop, heavy metal, Latin pop, etc.) and Gaga's grandiose voice make it worth giving her a chance. Expand
  43. Apr 29, 2012
    Compare Lady Gaga's career to the Bible, 'The Fame' being Christmas (birth), 'The Fame Monster' being Easter (resurrection, but nobody died) and 'Born This Way' being The Second Coming. This album is so important, so grand, so good, so well made and so meaningful to millions it really is Biblical.
  44. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing, Strange but very good, The lyrics and the message of the whole album is incredible, the sounds are so diferent and wear but so so amazing. I can't say anymore, it's excelent, exceptional, I can't say perfect beacuse it isn't but it comes near.
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Como amo este album! es el mejor que he escuchado de Gaga, en este album fluyen muchas emociones al pasar por las canciones, sin duda un album epico que no pasa desapercibido! Good Job Gaga
  46. May 29, 2011
    Other than "Born This Way", which is way too similar to Madonna's 1989 single "Express Yourself", every song is fantastic. "Judas" and "The Edge of Glory" are brilliant.
  47. Apr 23, 2012
    I have always been thinking that Lady Gaga is one of the most overrated artists of all time and this album is the proof of it. She was beyond pretentious at saying this was going to be the album of the decade, the lead single is her worst single in her entire discography, and then she obviously picked the wrong singles. Even though it has some some of her best works like "GovernmentI have always been thinking that Lady Gaga is one of the most overrated artists of all time and this album is the proof of it. She was beyond pretentious at saying this was going to be the album of the decade, the lead single is her worst single in her entire discography, and then she obviously picked the wrong singles. Even though it has some some of her best works like "Government Hooker" and "Sheibe". It's, out of her three albums, her least good, if it's a nice characteristic. Expand
  48. Mar 24, 2012
    Almost a year after the release of "Born This Way" it is a good moment to re-analyze the sophomore effort (not counting "The Fame Monster") of one of the world's biggest pop stars. When the lead single of this album ("Born This Way") was released, it was clear that this would be a very polarising record. GaGa was on top of the world after a very successful (and really good) first effort:Almost a year after the release of "Born This Way" it is a good moment to re-analyze the sophomore effort (not counting "The Fame Monster") of one of the world's biggest pop stars. When the lead single of this album ("Born This Way") was released, it was clear that this would be a very polarising record. GaGa was on top of the world after a very successful (and really good) first effort: "The Fame (Monster)". The expectations were very high, and her interviews and tweets were really creating a hype bubble that was really difficult to control. That probably was her biggest mistake. "Born This Way" is a good album, but it is also extremely pretentious, and it doesn't really fit (except for some songs) into the actual pop scene. She was just leading herself into a disaster, because it was impossible to full-fill the massive expectations she was creating. That led to incredible first week numbers (1 million albums US, 2 million albums worldwide), but a quite regular chart maintenance. Nonetheless, this shouldn't blur our vision of the album. "Born This Way" was a risk, an act of self expression, and a different approach to mainstream music with some really great songs: "The Edge of Glory" stands as one of the best songs of her career, with an incredible saxophone performance by Clarence Clemons, "Born This Way" is a 80's-dancey inspirational record, unfairly shadowed for certain comparisons with "Express Yourself", and "Heavy Metal Lover" is a sexy, heavy, electronic masterpiece that sould have not have remained as an album track, to name a few. The album also exposes her songwriting skills on songs like "Highway Unicorn" or "Bad Kids". Her Bruce Springsteen-ish, 80's inspired sound was refreshing for today's pop, even if she still relied on dancey beats that could make her fit into mainstream radio. I feel like the album deserved a biggest success (even if it was the second best-seller album of 2011), and it could have got it with a better singles treatment. The only downside of the album if the sometimes messy production of Garibay, which I ignore if was intentional, but should be reviewed.

Highlights: Scheisse, The Edge of Glory, Heavy Metal Lover
  49. May 24, 2011
    An exceptionally amazing album which has few flaws in it. Sure, there may be some tracks that seriously make me think that it was added just to so-called extend the timing on the record, but those tracks that were excellent were really, unforgettable. Some examples include ''Americano'', ''Scheisse'', ''Hair'', ''The Edge of Glory'', ''Born This Way'', ''Judas'' and ''Marry the Night''.An exceptionally amazing album which has few flaws in it. Sure, there may be some tracks that seriously make me think that it was added just to so-called extend the timing on the record, but those tracks that were excellent were really, unforgettable. Some examples include ''Americano'', ''Scheisse'', ''Hair'', ''The Edge of Glory'', ''Born This Way'', ''Judas'' and ''Marry the Night''. The rest are all beautiful in its own way, cause Gaga makes no mistakes. It's on the right track, baby, it was made this way. Expand
  50. May 23, 2011
    I didn't think it was possible to improve on The Fame Monster, but Lady GaGa has managed to do just that. This is a brilliant album, dark, dancy and loud. This will be considered one of the greatest albums of all time.
  51. Jun 1, 2011
    thought pjharvey would have made it, but nah, BORN this WAY, is the album of the year 2011. so far... i'm absolutely in love with every song, well 2 or 3 off, but they are on the deluxe edition anyway.
    Heavy metal Lover and Passion of his Love: GREAT songS!!!!!!
  52. May 27, 2011
    Lady GaGa aka Pop Queen 2011, may have taken a giant leap away from her previous album , The Fame, towards the music of Far East Movement, she still manages to make some outstanding music. From the thumping Dance Songs 'Judas', 'Marry the Night' and 'SchieBe' to the soft delicate 'You and I' GaGa aims to please, and Succeeds.
  53. Dec 15, 2013
    Lady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talentedLady Gaga´s best album to date (including Artpop). Crazy production, lots of good and different songs, her best recorded vocals to date. And that so much needed 80s throwback music was needing in this era where superficial stuff sadly shines the most on radio. With this one she proved she is really above her pop peers on every front and became an albums artist, unlike her way less talented competition (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Milye Cyrus and the likes). Amazing album. A little bit over produced but kind of epic. Expand
  54. Aug 26, 2014
    One of the best albums ever. Amazing climate, instrumentals and lyrics. My favorite songs - The Edge of Glory (the best on the album), Marry The Night, Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover.
  55. May 4, 2012
    Lady Gaga's second attempt to a full-length album is extraordinary powerful, unique and interesting. "Born This Way" is a prayer to self-loving, tolerance and not being afraid of you really are, with a hint of glitter from the 80s while partying with heavy metal lovers. I believe it to be a stepping stone for future artists, a stimulus to try something new and different.
  56. Nov 4, 2013
    My main problem with born this way is the fact that it consists of some of her greatest songs like The edge of glory and some of her worst. If The queen, highway unicorn and black jesus were cut this album would be higher for me.
  57. May 23, 2014
    5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and5. Political statements and complex themes run throughout this hour long magnum opus of mother monster. Her manifesto unfolds like a blurry autobiography, with pounding synths affirming her resolve - baby, we were Born This Way. This album was a risk, and especially so early in her career. But now, we realize the true triumph of the record - seventeen tracks riddled with religious and political imagery, giving birth to an undeniable gay rights anthem and a new generation of Little Monsters. Gaga's ability to craft songs of self empowerment and her usually club bangers shines here. It may be one of the most influential and important albums of the decade thus far. Expand
  58. Sep 26, 2014
    Certainly not an average pop album.
    It has soul, it has a meaning, a purpose,and damn, Gaga sings in each and every one of these songs. It might seem weird for people to actually take some time and pay attention to what a pop album has to say, but once you comprehend Born This Way and its message, you see how this is definitely a great mark on pop music.
  59. May 23, 2011
    Most definitely gaga's best work to date. I'm so sick of albums being hyped up to the point where they aren't enjoyable anymore. I was starting to doubt the greatness of 'Born This Way' until i actually heard it. It is truly beautiful! Very big variety while staying with Gaga's signature sound. I cannot choose any favorite(s) tracks because all songs are equally good. very consistent. IMost definitely gaga's best work to date. I'm so sick of albums being hyped up to the point where they aren't enjoyable anymore. I was starting to doubt the greatness of 'Born This Way' until i actually heard it. It is truly beautiful! Very big variety while staying with Gaga's signature sound. I cannot choose any favorite(s) tracks because all songs are equally good. very consistent. I LOVE GAGA AND I WAS BORN THIS WAY. Expand
  60. Jun 11, 2011
    While not Gaga's best work, this is a great album on its own merits featuring some groovy beats and sensational (and controversial) lyrics. And probably one of the best pop albums released this year.
  61. May 19, 2012
    Wonderful! There are som many gems on this album, and some of them are the ones I didn't expect to love, they just snuck up on me. Many of the singles seems to be my least favourites at this point: they are easily learned but also easily forgotten. Some of the songs can last fresh longer: I never grow bored with Heavy Metal Lover or Electric Chapel, where as Born This Way felt a bit oldWonderful! There are som many gems on this album, and some of them are the ones I didn't expect to love, they just snuck up on me. Many of the singles seems to be my least favourites at this point: they are easily learned but also easily forgotten. Some of the songs can last fresh longer: I never grow bored with Heavy Metal Lover or Electric Chapel, where as Born This Way felt a bit old already when released. Expand
  62. Nov 25, 2013
    It is a very good album, but she can do way better! She still has time to grow as an artist but on her second album, she proved she could drop an album, and what an album! She's far far beyond artists like Katy Perry or Rihanna who makes only singles (but the album sucks). ARTPOP is not as good as Born This Way, but I feel we didn't hear the last of her.
  63. Jan 21, 2015
    This album is simply for everyone; From catchy hooks that are Judas, The Edge Of Glory, You and I & Born This Way, to rock/pop influences such as Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, or Bloody Mary. Overall a well structured album, a great production, and great vocals from Mother Monster. What else could we expect? Positively one of the best albums released between 2000-2011.
  64. Oct 15, 2011
    Needless to say, awesome album. Tiny Mix Tapes is obviously unprofessional and biased to give it a zero, especially when almost every other review disagrees with it. Those who hate this album are just prejudiced against mainstream music and are very bigoted about it, or they believe those dumb rumours of Lady Gaga being Satanic when they have no hard evidence. Period.
  65. Oct 25, 2011
    Hell yes, this is an album that sould be listed among the best of this year!!!This album is totally different from her previous album, and that's what artists should do!!!Explore new ground and find new ideas that will bring you ear-orgasm, and Gaga surely delivers that at the maximum point!Every song is a highlight on its own in this album, an album that breaks music boundaries the wayHell yes, this is an album that sould be listed among the best of this year!!!This album is totally different from her previous album, and that's what artists should do!!!Explore new ground and find new ideas that will bring you ear-orgasm, and Gaga surely delivers that at the maximum point!Every song is a highlight on its own in this album, an album that breaks music boundaries the way only Gaga can do!!! Expand
  66. May 23, 2011
    (9,0)
    (9,0)
    Lady GaGa criou um album experimental, com musicas que vão desde a agressiva Judas à delicada Hair, mas a maior gloria de todo o albúm foi a ausencia de musicas ruins. Desde a melódica Marry The Night até a gloriosa The Edge Of Glory, GaGa nos leva à uma viagem de sons e composições dos mais variados tipos. Certamente, o melhor album POP dos ultimos anos.
  67. Jul 18, 2011
    Compared to the previous two albums, and the hype up to this one it is a real let down. This album unlike "The Fame" (2008), and "The Fame Monster" (2009) it acutally has songs that need burned. The first album, and second realeses both saw the entire album having good really songs. This is something you won't find on "Born This Way" (2011)! Songs that should be burnt, and have not made itCompared to the previous two albums, and the hype up to this one it is a real let down. This album unlike "The Fame" (2008), and "The Fame Monster" (2009) it acutally has songs that need burned. The first album, and second realeses both saw the entire album having good really songs. This is something you won't find on "Born This Way" (2011)! Songs that should be burnt, and have not made it on the album include "Black Jesus + Amen Fashion", and "SheiBe". While it has others that are just decent like "The Queen", "Electric Chaple", "Fashion Of His Love", "Government Hooker", and more. While the standout tracks include "Born This Way", "Americano", "Bad Kids", "You And I", "The Edge Of Glory", "Hair", "Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)", "Heavy Metal Lover", and my personal favorite Lady Gaga song of all time "Judas". However it has equally good and bad moments, when it's good, it is phenominal! Expand
  68. Mar 23, 2012
    The lyric and production of the album is definitely a step up for Lady Gaga. One of the best album of 2011. Definitely worth your money. My favourite tracks are The Edge of Glory, You and I, Marry The Night and Judas. Check it out.
  69. Oct 13, 2013
    Lady gaga explora nuevos sonidos fuertes desde el rock, hasta pequeñas partes de opera, una verdadera artista que se dedica a revolucionarse musicalmente, a buscar sonidos extraños y arriesgarse en crear un fantastico album.
  70. Dec 30, 2013
    This album is almost perfect. Cool rhythm that make me dance between the strange lyrics. I see a woman who can't stop composing for the music and enjoy each minute doing her job. She still fresh, with imagination and with a powerful voice. Most recommended songs are "Born This Way", "Hair", "Yoü And I" and "The Edge Of Glory".
  71. Sep 16, 2014
    A good album but not as good as The Fame Monster. There is a good variety of tracks on the album. For me the best tracks are Marry the Night, Scheiße and Edge of Glory. Overall there are more decent tracks than awesome tracks but it is still worth your and my money.
  72. Sep 24, 2014
    Back in 2011, this album was undoubtedly one of the best album of the year. It shines between all the other generic, mediocre albums. It was a fresh breath of air.
  73. GlM
    Sep 24, 2014
    Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße'Anthems, talent, chart toppers and genuinely good music. What more could Mother Monster deliver with her latest effort? 'Born This Way' successfully uses Rock, Pop and Dance to spread messages of self acceptance and love and further connect to fans all around the world, whilst also elevating Lady Gaga's pedestal of fame further. Hidden gems 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lover' and 'Scheiße' are just as brilliant as chart toppers 'Judas', 'Yoü and I' and title track 'Born This Way'. Expand
  74. May 8, 2016
    This is really brave step for Lady Gaga, this album is really experimental. This album is quite dark with few masterpieces in it. Sadly that the best songs in this album is underrated. Many songs just feels that doesn't fit on this album like you and i, fashion of his love and americano these songs just seems to bright for this album.
  75. Jul 16, 2011
    Born This Way does not quite work as well as a unit as "The Fame Monster" did, for example. However, the songs individually are rather good! I fell instantly in love with "ScheiÃ
  76. Jun 21, 2011
    Not her best work to date, as the second half the album is mostly weak filler songs. At over an hour in length, it probably would have been wiser to leave out a few songs or choose to make the 5 minute songs a lot shorter. Nevertheless, the album is a nice fresh of breath air and brings something new to the current pop world (it may be 80's style, but it's not something every artist usesNot her best work to date, as the second half the album is mostly weak filler songs. At over an hour in length, it probably would have been wiser to leave out a few songs or choose to make the 5 minute songs a lot shorter. Nevertheless, the album is a nice fresh of breath air and brings something new to the current pop world (it may be 80's style, but it's not something every artist uses today). The first half of the album is pretty strong. "Marry the Night", "Americano", "Scheibe", and "Government Hooker" are typical Gaga, with the same catchy hooks that we all love. The rest of the songs are meh, but still better quality than most of today's pop releases. The last two songs are by far the best of the whole album: "You and I", an emotional ballad, and "The Edge of Glory", one of Gaga's stronger recent singles. Lady Gaga secures herself on top of the pop world with this album, which is much stronger than releases by Britney or Katy Perry. Expand
  77. Aug 29, 2011
    Born This Way is basically Gaga exploring all the possibilities that there are in pop music. She stands out from other pop culture icons, and so does this album. With tracks filled with so much power and individuality, you can't go wrong with this album.
  78. Mar 11, 2013
    It seems that with every album she just grows stronger vocally, lyrically, and melodically. There's so much depth to this and her if you bother to dig past her image.
  79. Sep 26, 2014
    prometeu álbum da geração e cumpriu, rainha do pop é assim mesmo amore. não esperava menos, tem mais qualidade que toda a carreira da doceira sem grammys
  80. Sep 24, 2014
    In this album Gaga shows the world that she is not only a pop singer, she can sing rock and more, she shows that she is a complete artist, THE BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
  81. Jan 29, 2016
    This is an album that everybody should listen and be educated for that. The whole album is freakin' awesome and each song has a meaning and a purpose!
  82. Aug 26, 2011
    This thing gets better everytime you listen to it, and already its shaping up to be one of the most underrated albums of the decade. Those panning this album are obviously unable to accept the change in style from The Fame and therefore I can only assume want their artists to keep producing the same stuff at every outing and not explore new avenues. If that's what you want; then thisThis thing gets better everytime you listen to it, and already its shaping up to be one of the most underrated albums of the decade. Those panning this album are obviously unable to accept the change in style from The Fame and therefore I can only assume want their artists to keep producing the same stuff at every outing and not explore new avenues. If that's what you want; then this masterpiece isn't for you. Whereas those of us who welcome the change in style can appreciate that tracks like U&I, The Edge of Glory and Hair are the highpoint of her career. Gaga is simply brilliant, I don't give a flying **** if Katy Perry has more Grammy nominations for her much LESS remarkable Teenage Dream; I never expected this album to be fully appreciated for what it is anyway. "I just wanna be myself, and i want you to love me for who I am.." We do, Gaga...we do. Expand
  83. May 24, 2011
    When I first listened to Born This Way, I was very disappointed that it did not sound like The Fame Monster. After my second and third listens, I really started to love the album and was actually glad that it was not a The Fame or The Fame Monster remake. This is Gaga trying something new and it sounds damn good! Not different, just new. Many of the songs (like Hair, ScheiÃ
  84. Apr 7, 2012
    The BEST Album of the history, Judas, Born This Way, Marry the Night, Hair, The Edge of Glory, Black Jesus, You and I, so perfect! GaGa is so perfect, my favorite album. No more questions, GaGa is the new queen.
  85. Aug 4, 2012
    An excellent album, although on the whole I feel it's a bit weaker than The Fame Monster. There are some songs that get tiring to listen to too often - Highway Unicorn and Bad Kids are almost TOO full of happy pop "be yourself" vibes, and Government Hooker's beat is so dirty that it can only be tolerated in small doses. This is more than balanced out by the absolutely incredible Marry TheAn excellent album, although on the whole I feel it's a bit weaker than The Fame Monster. There are some songs that get tiring to listen to too often - Highway Unicorn and Bad Kids are almost TOO full of happy pop "be yourself" vibes, and Government Hooker's beat is so dirty that it can only be tolerated in small doses. This is more than balanced out by the absolutely incredible Marry The Night, Electric Chapel, and Scheisse - Marry The Night may be the only one of those to get any single play, but they're all beautiful examples of what Lady Gaga is capable of. The rest of the album isn't a slouch either. The sounds have more variety than The Fame Monster while still having a consistant euro-inspired feel to the dancey tracks, and a whole lot of Gaga's soul on the more emotional tracks. Expand
  86. Apr 21, 2014
    When Gaga is not singing her heart out in this album, she is singing beautiful, relatable poems in form of a Pop song. Born This Way is not only lenghty and Pop Fantastico, but it is also Gaga's best album yet.
    Just look at the love Gaga gives to its little monsters with this album. Songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Bad Kids", "You & I" and "The Edge of Glory" offer a connection with the artist no other pop albums out there can do. The best of the bunch are definitely "The Edge of Glory", with its 80s Nostalgia fusion of techno and pop, "Hair", with its profund lyrics, and "Bloody Mary", with its soft rythm and mesmerizing beats. The rest of the songs are also very good (Except "Heavy Metal Lover", which is avoidable). There are some similar songs that ring familiarity, like "Americano" (Alejandro) or "Judas" (A sicker "Bad Romance") but the overall experience is so gratifying. If you love Gaga, go buy this album right now. It takes everything you love about "The Fame Monster", extends it, makes it darker, more personal and more poetic, and with Gaga's signature weirdness you will not have a bad time ever.
  87. Oct 17, 2013
    born this way is one of the best albuns ever, it´s so experimental and dark, with a good message of love, peace, it´s a fantastic invite to love yourself celebrate who you are and follow all your dreams, to make them come true, gaga shows her many ways to make good songs there are amazing tracks and fantastics productions, it´s the best album of the year
  88. Nov 10, 2013
    I love Lady Gaga, but this was not her best album. It's still really good however. I believe it's an underrated album. Because it has a lot of really good songs. I personally like them all though. I can go through all the songs and sing them all word for word. The album has a nice tone and meaning but is not quite up to par with The Fame and The Fame Monster.
    My Personal favorites: Born
    My Personal favorites: Born This Way, Judas, Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Schibe, Heavy Metal Lover, and Bloody Mary.
  89. Jan 31, 2014
    I love that it continues the dark theme of the fame monster, this is an awesome album, overall, my highlights are judas, government hooker and the edge of glory. this album deserves more recognition just a shame she went for marry the night as the final single instead of something like scheibe or bloody mary.
  90. Jun 25, 2014
    This album is unique and perfect. Born This Way saved so many lives around the world because of your message. In short, it's an album full of responsibility!
  91. Sep 23, 2014
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night,A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan Expand
  92. Oct 4, 2014
    ıst so bıt hc yen hsyeha jdjhsad kjashd asdba rıaj asdjh kad asdb asjruwe kahwje hjakerwjhea jawkehjasjhdasjdaskjdhlhlreau hjwehjwqeasdwhqjeawsdsanbdabn jhdsad
  93. May 6, 2016
    A great pop album, that sounds the opposite of what was expected of Gaga, but it would have worked better as a 10/12-songs album. Songs like Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, or Fashion of his love, add nothing to the album, and participate in making the album sound repetitive. There are still some pop gems, like The Edge of Glory, or Government Hooker, some crazy songs that you could never haveA great pop album, that sounds the opposite of what was expected of Gaga, but it would have worked better as a 10/12-songs album. Songs like Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, or Fashion of his love, add nothing to the album, and participate in making the album sound repetitive. There are still some pop gems, like The Edge of Glory, or Government Hooker, some crazy songs that you could never have dreamed of hearing, like Americano or Bloody Mary, and even songs you couldn't have known Gaga could make before you heard it, like Yoü and I, or Electric Chapel.
    There aren't any bad songs, but as a whole album, it's a bit repetitive, and doesn't work as well as The Fame Monster.
    Best songs: The Edge of Glory, Yoü and I, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Americano.
  94. May 26, 2016
    Lady Gaga has impressed me with every single album. My favorite song on Born This Way would be Marry The Night which showcases Gaga's vocals with beautiful and inspirational lyrics. Other highlights include Heavy Metal Lover and The Edge Of Glory. This is my favorite album from Gaga so far and I love almost every song
  95. May 23, 2011
    Whilst 'The Fame Monster' was more catchy, 'Born This Way' combines poetic lyrics, club-friendly beats, good vocals, and genuine heart to prove itself a winner in its own right.
  96. May 23, 2011
    Lady Gaga provides in this album a dark , intense , addicting melody. Seems like she puts all her efforts to turn this into a massive orchestra of feelings. Intense beats combined to good vocal performances and awesome choruses makes this album a guaranteed hit for the story of Gaga
  97. May 24, 2011
    "Born This Way" is AMAZING! It's pop-dance-techno-rock extravaganza! The album is a clever mix of 80 's inspired tracks + unique futuristic Gagaesque anthems. Truly, Gaga is the best thing that happened to pop music since Madonna!
  98. May 25, 2011
    A marvelous album filled with amazing records. Though its not the perfect pop album you would expect but it is definitely fun to listen and I simply love it.
  99. Jul 12, 2011
    This is one of those albums that only die-hard lady gaga fans will talk about. What they're talking about, though, are the aspects of this album that make it pleasant, addictive, retrospective, and quite honestly, beautiful. It's not like gaga's trying to get attention. She's only trying to part her talent from the campy and repetitive "talent" circulating in every radio channel. Her songsThis is one of those albums that only die-hard lady gaga fans will talk about. What they're talking about, though, are the aspects of this album that make it pleasant, addictive, retrospective, and quite honestly, beautiful. It's not like gaga's trying to get attention. She's only trying to part her talent from the campy and repetitive "talent" circulating in every radio channel. Her songs are individually rhythmic and melodic, with novel lyrics and messages. Her tunes are catchy and jumpy, with entertaining and somewhat nostalgic beats. Overall, this album is both an accomplishment worth future accolades AND a piece of modern art. Expand

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Q Magazine
    Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.