Born This Way - Lady Gaga
7.3

Review this album

1. May 23, 2011
    An amazing album! Yes, perhaps not the album of the decade, but comes close to pop album of the decade atleast! the songs are so different from the other mediocre stuff that is put out. I love it!
  2. May 23, 2011
    The hype was worth it. Lady GaGa's Born This Way is a marvelous record. She sings her heart out in every song. Simply AMAZING! There are no stand-out tracks on the album, each and every song is great and could be a potential single. Weather she is singing about religion, love, fighting for equal rights or fighting for your own identity, she always makes sure that your going to beThe hype was worth it. Lady GaGa's Born This Way is a marvelous record. She sings her heart out in every song. Simply AMAZING! There are no stand-out tracks on the album, each and every song is great and could be a potential single. Weather she is singing about religion, love, fighting for equal rights or fighting for your own identity, she always makes sure that your going to be comfortable listening to it. Expand
  3. May 23, 2011
    Simply a perfect album. There isn't a track on this record that is a misfire. I can't understand why it didn't get a better metascore. The album is probably the best of the decade. I haven't heard pop genius like this since MJ or Mad. It's INCREDIBLE!!!
  4. May 23, 2011
    Lady GaGa gave an exceptional album. It sounds so different in a good way from her previous work. The lyrics are so inspiring and themes like be yourself, betrayal, self esteem and identity is themes that are generation struggle for. The music is marvelous, it makes you dance or cry (i.e. The Edge of Glory). The GaGa phenomenon is the new type of reality and its characteristic boundlessLady GaGa gave an exceptional album. It sounds so different in a good way from her previous work. The lyrics are so inspiring and themes like be yourself, betrayal, self esteem and identity is themes that are generation struggle for. The music is marvelous, it makes you dance or cry (i.e. The Edge of Glory). The GaGa phenomenon is the new type of reality and its characteristic boundless freedom. Not only album of 2011 or the decade or anything else it is the album of our generation and it is definitely part of it since MJ, Madonna, Mariah Carey described and marked their generation and continue to be, "Born This Way" is excellency and the '10s a have a good start. Congratulations! Expand
  5. May 24, 2011
    One of the best pop albums that I heard and i am not joking! "Born This Way" offers something that not most of the pop albums deliver: Variety! If you like pop in all of his glory, this is your album.
  6. May 23, 2011
    I didn't think it was possible to improve on The Fame Monster, but Lady GaGa has managed to do just that. This is a brilliant album, dark, dancy and loud. This will be considered one of the greatest albums of all time.
  7. May 23, 2011
    Absolutely perfect. A beautiful and perfect album, thank you Gaga! Amazing, not boring, incredible, fantastic! The TRIUMPH of sounds! There isn't a track on this record that is a misfire.
  8. May 23, 2011
    Great album for old Gaga fans and for new ones too! Her music is now so much different so if you are fan who only likes "disco-pop" music you maybe won't like this. Born This Way's songs are heavy-rock-dance-electronic-trance mixtures and it works damn good :D For me this album is awesome! Almost every song could be big hit (Government Hooker, Marry The Night, Bad Kids, Heavy MetalGreat album for old Gaga fans and for new ones too! Her music is now so much different so if you are fan who only likes "disco-pop" music you maybe won't like this. Born This Way's songs are heavy-rock-dance-electronic-trance mixtures and it works damn good :D For me this album is awesome! Almost every song could be big hit (Government Hooker, Marry The Night, Bad Kids, Heavy Metal Lover...) Still some songs are kinda boring when there isn't that catchy melody which would make you listen it more and more after the first time. First when I heard album I thought it was good, but not great...Then I listened more those songs and fall in love! :D

Buy, it's worth it.
  9. May 23, 2011
    14 EARWORMS. Her music has totally evolved and the diversity of this monster provides music for everyone. It's a brave and proper step and though it is clear that this is not (yet) "album of the decade", only time will tell. Just settle yourself for the biggest pop rollercoaster ride Gaga has ever conceived. A masterpiece.
  10. Oct 28, 2011
    The best album I've ever heard! Mother Monster has totally overcome herself! THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE. is the anthem of our generation and I will always remeber I WAS BORN THIS WAY! so congratulations, Gaga you did it!
  11. May 27, 2011
    Overall, I enjoyed the journey through the album. I think 'Marry the Night' and 'The Edge of Glory' were the perfect songs to begin and end it, respectively. In between the two, there were definitely more standout tracks than there were forgettable ones. A few songs from the album including, 'Black Jesus + Amen Fashion' and 'Fashion of His Love' probably could have been left out of theOverall, I enjoyed the journey through the album. I think 'Marry the Night' and 'The Edge of Glory' were the perfect songs to begin and end it, respectively. In between the two, there were definitely more standout tracks than there were forgettable ones. A few songs from the album including, 'Black Jesus + Amen Fashion' and 'Fashion of His Love' probably could have been left out of the bonus track version without losing the integrity of the album. But that being said, her vocals soared in multiple songs, whether it be operatic, disco, or Eighties sounding.

Lyrically, it was refreshing to not hear about being in a club, getting drunk, or partying of which the Billboard Hot 100 has a lot (not putting a negative connotation on them of course, just saying). They were empowering, personal, and personable lyrics. Sure, there were some weak tracks, but the journey through the album is something that contemporary pop albums lack sometimes.
  12. Jun 1, 2011
    thought pjharvey would have made it, but nah, BORN this WAY, is the album of the year 2011. so far... i'm absolutely in love with every song, well 2 or 3 off, but they are on the deluxe edition anyway.
    Heavy metal Lover and Passion of his Love: GREAT songS!!!!!!
  13. May 23, 2011
    A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night,A very strong effort. It goes in a lot of different directions. Gaga is clearly still trying to harness her creativity, and she's getting there slowly but surely. The sheer amount of new music here - over 70 minutes with the bonus tracks - is impressive, and there are no filler tracks. She misses the mark a couple times (Bad Kids, Hair), but she scores many more times (Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Americano, Scheibe, Electric Chapel). Highly recommend for any pop/dance music fan. Expand
  14. May 23, 2011
    Brilliant.
    I expected nothing less from Mother Monster. On my first listen, I felt that I wasn't hooked on the new, darker style that Gaga produces on this album. But by the second listen, I was hooked.
    Brilliant.
    Gaga has created a new sound for herself with 'Born This Way,' and much of the songs have strong meanings relating to Gaga and her fans. I think my favourites are 'Government Hooker,' (which is about the relationship between Marilyn Monroe and J.F.K., in case you were wondering) 'Judas,' 'Americano,' (which is reminiscent of Alejandro) and 'Bloody Mary,' which I feel is great and very different to anything that you have ever heard from Gaga.
    I feel that with this album, although not everything is perfect, Gaga is very close to finding herself and her perfect style.
  15. May 27, 2011
    Extraordinary album. So deformed, intense, powerful and strange as the same Lady Gaga. It is a work of authorship, a masterpiece full of unforgettable songs with memories of the seventies and eighties passed through the filter cool. Lady Gaga promised a masterpiece ... and she did when everyone doubted I could do at 25 years. This album is indispensable for any lover of music and basic inExtraordinary album. So deformed, intense, powerful and strange as the same Lady Gaga. It is a work of authorship, a masterpiece full of unforgettable songs with memories of the seventies and eighties passed through the filter cool. Lady Gaga promised a masterpiece ... and she did when everyone doubted I could do at 25 years. This album is indispensable for any lover of music and basic in contemporary pop. Lady Gaga is a genius. And this album is one of the many reasons for this truth. Expand
  16. May 23, 2011
    Most definitely gaga's best work to date. I'm so sick of albums being hyped up to the point where they aren't enjoyable anymore. I was starting to doubt the greatness of 'Born This Way' until i actually heard it. It is truly beautiful! Very big variety while staying with Gaga's signature sound. I cannot choose any favorite(s) tracks because all songs are equally good. very consistent. IMost definitely gaga's best work to date. I'm so sick of albums being hyped up to the point where they aren't enjoyable anymore. I was starting to doubt the greatness of 'Born This Way' until i actually heard it. It is truly beautiful! Very big variety while staying with Gaga's signature sound. I cannot choose any favorite(s) tracks because all songs are equally good. very consistent. I LOVE GAGA AND I WAS BORN THIS WAY. Expand
  17. May 28, 2011
    Wonderfu, Awesome, amazing, can not find words to describe this cd. Great songs, deep lyrics, this album is in a higher degree, much better than her previous ones. Simply a masterpiece
  18. May 24, 2011
    She prove it once again, she is truly Phenomenal with this album,
    I love the message, the addicting wave, the beat in every single of the song in this album
    well done Gaga...........
  19. May 23, 2011
    (9,0)
    (9,0)
    Lady GaGa criou um album experimental, com musicas que vão desde a agressiva Judas à delicada Hair, mas a maior gloria de todo o albúm foi a ausencia de musicas ruins. Desde a melódica Marry The Night até a gloriosa The Edge Of Glory, GaGa nos leva à uma viagem de sons e composições dos mais variados tipos. Certamente, o melhor album POP dos ultimos anos.
  20. May 23, 2011
    This album truly shows how Gaga really can sing her ass off. She may censor the word in her songs, but the content is all from the heart. "The Edge of Glory" might just be the best pop song of the year, and "You and I" may be her best example of versatility. "Shiesse", "Judas", "Born This Way", "Government Hooker", "Marry the Night", and "Americano" also show that she still has the abilityThis album truly shows how Gaga really can sing her ass off. She may censor the word in her songs, but the content is all from the heart. "The Edge of Glory" might just be the best pop song of the year, and "You and I" may be her best example of versatility. "Shiesse", "Judas", "Born This Way", "Government Hooker", "Marry the Night", and "Americano" also show that she still has the ability to create a club banging hit. Overall a great album, and definitely worth the hype Expand
  21. May 24, 2011
    "Born This Way" is a very great album. It sound strange but very good. It shows us another side of Lady Gaga, more powerful and better. "Blood Mary" , "The edge of glory" is the best song of this album. I love it. I love Lady Gaga.(10.0)
  22. May 23, 2011
    She certainly is a Heavy Metal Lover. This is the best album of 2011 so far! i love lady gaga she deserves to take over the world with tunes this awe-inspiring!
  23. May 23, 2011
    Pop music has a bad reputation: repetition, laziness, the lack of anything by the singer. Thankfully, artists like GaGa do exist. Producing a -highly- solid (and not all radio friendly) albums with masterful songs causing 'Born This Way' to nearly burst at the seams, it stands tribute that Pop music is a genre like any other, though highly infused with rock and electronic also. Most standPop music has a bad reputation: repetition, laziness, the lack of anything by the singer. Thankfully, artists like GaGa do exist. Producing a -highly- solid (and not all radio friendly) albums with masterful songs causing 'Born This Way' to nearly burst at the seams, it stands tribute that Pop music is a genre like any other, though highly infused with rock and electronic also. Most stand out tracks for me are 'Bloody Mary', 'Heavy Metal Lovers' and 'Government Hooker'. A must buy. Expand
  24. May 24, 2011
    Gorgeous, the album uses so many sound and combines them to create a true work of art. There are also uplifting and inspiring messages throughout the album, those reviews which are negative are looking for more of the same from gaga, this isnt the same this is different and fantastic
  25. May 23, 2011
    Amazing album create by one of the most eccentric artist of all time. Sure Gaga takes what she wants from all of her inspiration (Madonna, Elton John, Whitney Houston and more), but she still manage to put her little something in everything. She is the voice of a generation, she speaks for every underdogs out there who are afraid to assumed and be proud of who they are. At a point, BORNAmazing album create by one of the most eccentric artist of all time. Sure Gaga takes what she wants from all of her inspiration (Madonna, Elton John, Whitney Houston and more), but she still manage to put her little something in everything. She is the voice of a generation, she speaks for every underdogs out there who are afraid to assumed and be proud of who they are. At a point, BORN THIS WAY is her and ours (Little Monster) speech for a future personal freedom. BEST TRACKS : MARRY THE NIGHT, BORN THIS WAY, ELECTRIC CHAPEL, THE EDGE OF GLORY, JUDAS AND BLOODY MARY. Expand
  26. May 23, 2011
    Amazing album. Other than Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) which is horrible, every track is unique and has something to offer. The album includes everything and even the ones who did not enjoy her previous work will find something they like.
    Standouts:
    Government Hooker, Judas, Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, You and I
  27. May 23, 2011
    Wonderful Album. My favorite songs are Government Hooker, Born This Way, Judas, Hair, The edge of glory. Every song is perfect. Just can't stop replay.
  28. May 23, 2011
    17 Songs, 17 great Pop Tracks... in this album you can find an amount of ideas that could be enough for 5 albums by any other pop singer. And then you have a real singer. If you have to hear talking about a record for one year and a half, that's exactly what you want to listen to.
  29. Aug 1, 2011
    This is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born thisThis is a great album .the only thing we have to do is just to listen it . Gaga has a fabulous voice and in these months we are witnessing it in different television programs around the world France, Japan, Italy, United States.The acoustic versions are doing is showing how talented as a singer Beyonce has already said a few days ago: lady gaga is a talent west unico.kanye said Born this way deserves a note outstanding. Adele also said he loves Gaga. Be constructive and not to hate people either jealousy or something else and by that I mean the Tiny Mix Tapes criticism . Expand
  30. May 23, 2011
    I can't say any word except FANTASTIC!!!!!!!, keep it up Gaga......!!!!!
    every songs are addicting and gave me an eargasm I luv this album more than her previous album

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Lady Gaga promised her fans (perhaps a tad prematurely) that her new album would be the greatest of the decade. But even if the next nine years bring something better, we're unlikely to hear anything bigger than Born This Way.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    Born This Way feels like the first proper Lady Gaga album. [Aug. 2011, p. 114]
  3. Jul 6, 2011
    Gaga has always been able to anchor her haughty conceptual undertakings with simple, catchy tunes, but with Born This Way, the persona and the message are starting to bleed into the songs. It's not a good look.