Born to Die

• Release Date: Jan 31, 2012
8.5

Review this album

1. Jul 12, 2016
    Born to Die is an enjoyable major studio debut that, even though it is a little repetitive, is both beautifully cinematic and plenty of fun to listen to.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    The American music scene is a strange bunch. If Lizzie Grant (a.k.a Lana Del Rey) was born in the UK, she would be considered in the same league as 'alternative' yet talented singers such as Ellie Goulding and dare I say it, Adele. Alas, they seemed to give better ratings to bubblegum pop artists like Carly Rae Jepsen. Here is a rarity; a talented singer who looked gorgeous, who wroteThe American music scene is a strange bunch. If Lizzie Grant (a.k.a Lana Del Rey) was born in the UK, she would be considered in the same league as 'alternative' yet talented singers such as Ellie Goulding and dare I say it, Adele. Alas, they seemed to give better ratings to bubblegum pop artists like Carly Rae Jepsen. Here is a rarity; a talented singer who looked gorgeous, who wrote her own songs, has a distinctive sound, and she was completely slammed by many critics. Sure, she built this weird image,but so does Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Beyonce. One of the more talented female singer out there at the moment. Don't listen to the critics. Expand
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    I feel like the melodies within this album are extremely catchy. This is a good thing, because who doesn't actually like catchy? And, the beats are pretty tight. For such a slow-beat, I find myself head-knocking as I listen. Furthermore, epic. It's really epic and builds up a lot of emotions. I swear, these songs will show up in a Quentin Tarantino movie some day!
  4. Feb 28, 2012
    I really love the album and find it a very successful debut by Lana. Although many critics seem to think of the songs as monotonous I discover in each of them unique qualities that make them outstanding. Besides, how can you not adore the way Lana's voice matches the dark, mysterious climate of the songs? I'm really looking forward to hearing her next singles and I hope that her talentI really love the album and find it a very successful debut by Lana. Although many critics seem to think of the songs as monotonous I discover in each of them unique qualities that make them outstanding. Besides, how can you not adore the way Lana's voice matches the dark, mysterious climate of the songs? I'm really looking forward to hearing her next singles and I hope that her talent won't go to waste because music need artists who stand out of the crowd like Lana Del Rey. Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2012
    A high-quality album that takes you places with its rhythm and sound. The internet-hit "Born to Die" deserves extra attention, one of the best selections of alternative radios.
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    This is very much a concept album with her playing the Lolita. Although the music doesn't sound anything alike, it strongly reminds me of Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville and Cursive's The Ugly Organ. All the songs are well written and interact with each other. Brilliant album. She deserves the hype.
  7. Mar 23, 2012
    Lana Del Rey's songs are haunting. She's not the most technically accomplished singers, and it shows in her live performances, but her voice has a nice character that compliments her songs.
  8. Mar 26, 2012
    Gorgeous, yet mystic album. The perfect debut and better than most of the albums released post 2000. Negative reviews, just because out there in our nation, there are people who don't have taste. The same ones that preached Born This way ;)
  9. Mar 27, 2012
    Born to Die is a pretty good debut album, even though it gets slightly boring at times. Lana's vocals are kind of limited, so consequentially, the album isn't exactly varied. It is still a good listen though. If you enjoyed Lana's first single, you shouldn't have trouble liking this. Highlights are: Video Games, Dark Paradise, Carmen, Lolita.
  10. Mar 27, 2012
    The lyrics leave something to be desired, but the beautiful production and haunting melodies make up for it. However the overall melancholy feel of the record can become overwhelming. Very different, and a great first effort. Looking forward to more, Lana!
  11. Mar 27, 2012
    What a lovely album! absolutely flawless from start to finish. I love her vocals. It pulls you in to the song. The overall album is very cohesive which is so rare nowadays from a pop starlet. Instead of going for hits, Lana crafted a beautiful consistent album.
  12. Apr 4, 2012
    I love this record.
    She writes 12 (deluxe 15) amazing songs on her own.
    She Talks about the best and the worst time in your life.
    She is a singer and songwriter,who is really in her business.
    Best album of the year
  13. Aug 3, 2012
    -Great vocals, excellent production
    -Very consistent
    -Lots of personality -Even the weaker tracks on the album (like Diet Mountain Dew) help positively build the theme and personality of the album A lot of people are biased by the infamous SNL performance, and hopped on the Lana-hating bandwagon. These people are desperate for someone to hate on, looking for their new Rebecca Black.
    -Great vocals, excellent production
    -Very consistent
    -Lots of personality

Born To Die certainly isn't Friday.
  14. Jun 5, 2012
    The first real studio album by American singer Lana Del Rey is a réusiite (for me), but the public does embarks perhaps as much as me, but .... The mixed performance on SNL was a total failure, his lips are duck does normal, repeat, how much it costed to, etc.. The songs like Video Games, Born To Die and Blue Jeans are the top three of the album. I normally like this kind ofThe first real studio album by American singer Lana Del Rey is a réusiite (for me), but the public does embarks perhaps as much as me, but .... The mixed performance on SNL was a total failure, his lips are duck does normal, repeat, how much it costed to, etc.. The songs like Video Games, Born To Die and Blue Jeans are the top three of the album. I normally like this kind of music, but this time I fell in love with New York singer. The mixture of love and difficult distress sexy enough, I love. Expand
  15. May 8, 2012
    Great album, great voice. I guess being different makes you weak...I thought her SNL performance was flawed only because she was nervous, not that she didnt have talent or couldnt sing. I have seen her perfom live and she was amazing.
  16. Jan 18, 2013
    I think that the critcs are being too....critical (Ha). It's a great album. Yes, she doesn't do so well live, but she is great in this album. Her voice is beautiful and it shows very well in this album. the album also varies, in the fact that no all of the songs sound alike.
  17. May 19, 2012
    The production is the greatest aspect of this album. It is really good ("Carmen", "National Anthem"). However, the themes on this album range get very repetitive very fast. Del Rey attempts to present herself as a singer with substance. It's obvious that she's trying to say something with this album. However, you can't take her seriously with phrases like 'money is the reason weThe production is the greatest aspect of this album. It is really good ("Carmen", "National Anthem"). However, the themes on this album range get very repetitive very fast. Del Rey attempts to present herself as a singer with substance. It's obvious that she's trying to say something with this album. However, you can't take her seriously with phrases like 'money is the reason we exist/everybody knows it/it's a fact, kiss-kiss'.
    Unlike Amy Winehouse, another vintage sounding singer, Lana Del Ray lacks tact. Instead, she comes across as the indie equivalent of any mainstream pop singer. She doesn't live up to the hype.

5. She's the smartest fish in the pop charts.
  18. Jul 29, 2012
    This Is The 1st Album Of 2012 I Have Actually Loved Every Song On It!
    Lana's Style & Vocals Are Simply Amazing! In My Opinion The Album Of The Year!
    Very Underrated Album That Needs To Heard In THE USA MORE! :)
  19. Jun 4, 2012
    Born to Die!? Isn't it a bit too pessimistic for so young artist? It might be, but we all know that life isn't always nice. Tracks on that CD album are full of true life messages and they can really touch your heart. Their style is also something special. It seems to me that a new retro style is coming, which is a huge concurrence against modern electronic music, which is without messageBorn to Die!? Isn't it a bit too pessimistic for so young artist? It might be, but we all know that life isn't always nice. Tracks on that CD album are full of true life messages and they can really touch your heart. Their style is also something special. It seems to me that a new retro style is coming, which is a huge concurrence against modern electronic music, which is without message and usually sold by music videos which include almost naked girls. My favourite song is Dark Paradise. Expand
  20. Jul 1, 2012
    Many people are discouraged by the fact that this album has a sound that is all too consistent. But that is what makes the album so great. Lana found a sound she liked and stuck with it. The album is not over-produced to cater to music lovers of all genres. It is a sound that catered to the messages Del Rey wanted people to hear. And Born to Die is stunning representation of her vision.Many people are discouraged by the fact that this album has a sound that is all too consistent. But that is what makes the album so great. Lana found a sound she liked and stuck with it. The album is not over-produced to cater to music lovers of all genres. It is a sound that catered to the messages Del Rey wanted people to hear. And Born to Die is stunning representation of her vision. Don't pass this album up due to reviews that don't even judge the music, but the artist and how they came to be. Listen to the album and judge the music yourself. Expand
  21. Jun 29, 2012
    I found the album sat on the computer desk - and on a whim I picked it up and slotted it into the CD-thingy just to check it out. Little did I know the effect it would hold over me for weeks, her music is beautiful and unique, and I've been singing it ever since the first time her voice entered my ears. I think what others have said is cruel, unconsidered - but I respect opinion, music isI found the album sat on the computer desk - and on a whim I picked it up and slotted it into the CD-thingy just to check it out. Little did I know the effect it would hold over me for weeks, her music is beautiful and unique, and I've been singing it ever since the first time her voice entered my ears. I think what others have said is cruel, unconsidered - but I respect opinion, music is a tricky business for anyone to agree on. And, it's true, when I first heard a couple of her songs I wondered why on earth I was listening to it, but even the kind of songs I thought I would hate grew on me considerably. Music needs a chance to settle, and her songs are not pretentious, but heartfelt and intriguing. Expand
  22. Jun 19, 2012
    Exaggerated vocals, some songs are worth as "Video Games" for example, lyrics are not so much convincing, with the exception of Carmen and the production is a bit interesting. A not very nice mixture of baroque pop with a quasi-hip-hop. We could say that Lana is not yet ready to release an album, but her voice indicates a singer who can demonstrate more talent in some years.
  23. Jul 13, 2012
    This album over is a good album, with explosive moderate success. The theme of the line is very deep and has sentimental songs to describe it with a deeper meaning. Lana's Vocals go deep, dark and gloomy to high, woozy and Lolita -ish. At It's Best it is an album ranging from controlling prostitutes to, love un-hopefuls.
  24. Jul 21, 2012
    'Born to Die' incorporates a mix of sadcore and indiepop. The sadcore songs and performances are stellar, and the indiepop songs are fairly good as well but not on the same level as the former. Her classic and sometimes quivering voice paired with whatever beat or DJ-produced concoction flow well together. Unfortunately, her best tracks are also the ones that were released before the'Born to Die' incorporates a mix of sadcore and indiepop. The sadcore songs and performances are stellar, and the indiepop songs are fairly good as well but not on the same level as the former. Her classic and sometimes quivering voice paired with whatever beat or DJ-produced concoction flow well together. Unfortunately, her best tracks are also the ones that were released before the album surfaced, which I feel hurt her album's reviews because critics expected everything to be of as high-caliber as "Video Games." I still definitely recommend this album!
    Favorite tracks: Video Games, Blue Jeans, Carmen, Without You (deluxe/special edition only)
  25. Nov 5, 2012
    Sadly not that good as it could've been. She shows how much she is able to do in her released singles, the whole 15 songs are also really nice but entirely not that great. The lyrics are lovably depressive as they're showing the 3 parts of a relationship ending in death. Before it, at the moment of his death and after it. The structure is also really great: starting depressive and endingSadly not that good as it could've been. She shows how much she is able to do in her released singles, the whole 15 songs are also really nice but entirely not that great. The lyrics are lovably depressive as they're showing the 3 parts of a relationship ending in death. Before it, at the moment of his death and after it. The structure is also really great: starting depressive and ending in an happy love song, Lucky Ones. I enjoyed the album, but not every song. Collapse
  26. Oct 5, 2012
    When an album is capable of divide the critics the way "Born to Die" does, it is because something interesting about it. Perhaps, I see it as something very creative and different, she's not faking her voice, can't she sing different? And so if the whole album is similar is not because a lack of creativeness, it could be as the way to express the whole theme in the album. Don't you think?
  27. Aug 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. born to die is a fresh album with a beautiful singer in lead is very enjoyable i prefer the 12 songs edition but the 15 songs edition is awesome very good album the best album of 2012 Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2012
    I expected a little bit more from this album, but it's still good and one million times better than Lady Gaga and other disco-s**t music passed on the radio!
  29. Oct 4, 2012
    So good. why people don\'t like it ? it has amazig songs.
  30. Nov 9, 2012
    Lana Del Rey was one of the ones to watch for 2012. 'Video Games' Showcased her often sad-core, baroque pop -type of style. Her debut 'Born to die', basically gives you what you kinda didn't have in mind. Lolita-esque high-pitched singing varies with Low-lifed, over dramatic deep vocals which perfectly tells a story each time. LANA! IT'S YOUR TIME TO SHINE :)
  31. Nov 12, 2012
    Born to Die is an evocative album, so much so that I care not for whether I am hearing singles throughout, it's about how it makes you feel and very few artists today manage to move me and she does.
  32. Nov 28, 2012
    This album really introduces Lana Del Rey in mainstream really well. What her and her producer did fantastically is develop this "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" character beautifully, enough to make me as the listener feel enticed and intrigued to hear her next album. I must say the album did give me too many songs as I felt the album merge into one after song 11. I am also in love by the fusionThis album really introduces Lana Del Rey in mainstream really well. What her and her producer did fantastically is develop this "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" character beautifully, enough to make me as the listener feel enticed and intrigued to hear her next album. I must say the album did give me too many songs as I felt the album merge into one after song 11. I am also in love by the fusion of r&b inspired beats with her sultry voice which really gives her a nice niche she can explore.
    Favourite song: Blue Jeans
    Most played: Born to Die Favourite instrumentation: Diet Mountain Dew
    Most interesting: Carmen/Off to the races
    Most fun: Radio
  33. Dec 7, 2012
    i dare to say that this is the album i like the most (ever!) ALL THE SONGS ARE PERFECT! so f**ing perfect! i'd love to see Lana Del Rey live! she's on her way to be the the Indie Queen!
  34. Dec 15, 2012
    Lana is a very mysterious artist. She has a way of writing about love and life in her songs that no one else has. Lana may not have a great voice, but Born To Die is a very good album.
    In a time that the music industry is dominated by the huge bunch of pop artists, Lana came with a great alternative and even old fashion album. Her songs transport us to a dark and unknown world where we love to be. Some songs are simple but beautiful like "Blue Jeans" or the premiere single "Video Games", and other are magisterially produced like "Born To Die", "Dark Paradise" and the powerful and sexy "National Anthem".
    Many people say that Lana Del Rey is a boring and untalented singer. In my opinion she is great and Born To Die is one of the best albums of the year.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    When I first heard the name "Lana Del Rey" I was like , whose that? I had a good friend of mine that knew her and told me to look her up. When I did, I had clicked on the first song that popped up, called "Video games." As soon as I heard the first beat, I was hooked. I recommend this to anyone who likes the indie rock style of music.
  36. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly The Best Album Of 2012 Hands Down! And One Of The Greatest Album's Of ALL TIME!
    I Love Her Voice, Her Lyrics Are Probably The Best I'v Heard In Along Time!
  37. Dec 25, 2012
    While the songs get a bit repetitive, BTD is a great freshman album. Video Games is obviously the stand out track, although rivalled easily by Million Dollar Man, which could be the stand out if not for its gross overproduction. All her songs somehow managed to tug at my heartstrings, even if I could not relate to it. The power of and emotion in her vocals leave me speechless (think DarkWhile the songs get a bit repetitive, BTD is a great freshman album. Video Games is obviously the stand out track, although rivalled easily by Million Dollar Man, which could be the stand out if not for its gross overproduction. All her songs somehow managed to tug at my heartstrings, even if I could not relate to it. The power of and emotion in her vocals leave me speechless (think Dark Paradise), although Lana as a lyricist could use some polishing. It's just terrible that so many critics went into this expecting indie tracks (when the HELL did she say/claim she was indie?) and got a somewhat pop-ish album instead. Listen to this album and you will believe that Lana is truly an exotic flower, one of a kind. Expand
  38. Mar 30, 2013
    Born To Die is an 'ok' album, but her low vocals and '50s inspired songs' are, i can't say boring, but too tiring at some points.
  39. Apr 26, 2013
    Lana Del Rey is for me one of the best alternative music artists The way she sings and puts all that darkness in her songs is just from another world. Her singles about luxury love and darkness are genious I like more Born to Die than Paradise Edition BTD its estrutured and more toutchy feely
  40. Mar 24, 2013
    Del Rey Brings Somthing New To The Table With Her Haunting Voice, And Creative Lyrics It Makes Born To Die The Best Album Of 2012! Every Song Off Born To Die Is Perfect!
  41. Apr 20, 2013
    Very good album, the album was melancholy but very enjoyable, very well written and some great songs, the best songs are Blue jeans, born to die and video games
  42. May 4, 2013
    Born to Die shows of Lana's amazing voice and great lyrics. All the songs have their merits but some of the songs are a bit too similar. Putting that aside it is one of the best albums I've heard. Million Dollar Man and Off to the Races are my favourite songs on the album
  43. May 22, 2013
    Loved the album to bits, her voice, her persona. It takes you somewhere dark and beautiful, and keeps you there pretty much the whole 49 minutes. Great music to drive to, specially now the summer is coming. Can you really ask for much more than that from a début album?
  44. Dec 17, 2014
    Lana ha hecho un magnifico trabajo a la hora de intentar expresar sus sentimientos en su música, y aunque una que otra melodía este envuelta en cliches, ha hecho un buen trabajo creando música relevante, pegadiza y llena de sentimiento.
  45. Aug 7, 2013
    Lana Del Rays music is haunting and addicting. So is the album itself. Born to Die is a work of art, and one of the best albums of 2012. I highly recommend it.
  46. Dec 17, 2013
    You just can't get enough of her. Her voice is an addiction. The whole album is beautiful, she is not a typical poppy singer like others. She's unique one of a kind
  47. Aug 30, 2013
    Lana is the anthem of sucess, she is a great singer that don't need to shake her ass in the MTV, Just be beauty and she is the queen of alternative songs.
  48. Nov 12, 2013
    Born To Die has no words to describe it. So fresh, so excellent, the whole amazing lyrics and sounds. It's perfect. I have no words with this album. If you say that it is bad you're totally wrong.
  49. Dec 16, 2014
    Every song on this album it's epic, it's by far my all-time favorite album. I love the way that Lana sings all of these stories for us, it's beautiful and genuine.
  50. Nov 2, 2013
    Rather slow at some parts but some of the most stunning vocals since the album 21 by Adele. I'm glad to see Lana is getting well deserved credit recently.
  51. Nov 12, 2013
    With one of the most beautiful and moving voices of the current generation, Lana Del Rey has given us a reason to have faith in the mainstream music industry. Born to Die can be considered a short and repetitive record, though the talent that Lana Del Rey has is enough to save the record and turn it into a masterpiece.
  52. Sep 2, 2015
    I love every song on this album, the potential of Lana Del Rey in this is amazing, brilliant!!!! Pure art mixed with the experiences to fall in love and dead at the same time, just great!!!!!!
  53. Dec 23, 2013
    The vocals on the album really expresses the songs very well. The lyrics to song is amazing and the melody. But overall it seems dull and monotonously.
  54. May 21, 2014
    Born To Die's vow to represent ultimate excellence while leaving room for a mix of multiple feelings to flourish allows songs that sound nothing alike to blend as one, creating a dramatized, cohesive jewel.
  55. Dec 16, 2013
    The album was very well-crafted, every detail has been thought of, songs inspired by the film "Lolita" Unconditionally were well placed, but do not give a maximum score for story from "This Is What Makes Us Girls" but sí, Album congratulations Lana Del Rey "Born to Die" are wonderful ,was indeed one of the best albums of 2012
  56. Jan 10, 2014
    Underrated album. the best songs: this is what makes us girls, radio, blue jeans, and born to die. It takes me to 60 's old bar where the true and awesome music came out. Lana Del Rey shouldn't have put songs like off the races and diet mountain dew. beside that the album is a masterpiece
  57. Feb 11, 2014
    the repetitive production and moods make this album rather hard a listen, but the song's are individually very good, but with the odd song slightly wonky in its production or just a bit boring, (Dark Paradise for the wonky production and Summertime Sadness for slow). Born to Die without a doubt though, has a potentiality to it, a flame, that yes, goes out a little slightly towards the end,the repetitive production and moods make this album rather hard a listen, but the song's are individually very good, but with the odd song slightly wonky in its production or just a bit boring, (Dark Paradise for the wonky production and Summertime Sadness for slow). Born to Die without a doubt though, has a potentiality to it, a flame, that yes, goes out a little slightly towards the end, but more or less goes unnoticed for the majority of the tracks prior to them. Buying the edition is unrecommended, because all you want if for the album to end at that point. Born to Die as a sum up, is great in places. Expand
  58. Mar 25, 2014
    I love this album. Lana Del Rey has one of the most distinctive voices ever. Although her shift from a deep, jazzy voice to a high, girly one in some songs can be jarring, her voice can be very expressive. I'll just wrap that up there.
  59. Mar 14, 2014
    Lana is a good singer, being able to switch from a bird-like falsetto to an elegant deep. I honestly love her so much. But of course, loving someone doesn't mean someone is perfect. Born to Die was exceptional, but exceptionally long. And it tries to squeeze dry Lana of ideas. But when it does, you already love her.
  60. Mar 23, 2014
    This album is absolutely brilliant. Ms. Del Rey, who has suffered a hail of criticism, outrage, and spleen out of all proportion to her supposed crimes, has a lovely and agile voice that aptly serves her songs’ lyrics and their arrangements. Many “mature” and “established” artists could only wish to create an album of this quality in their CAREERS, let alone in a freshman offering.

The

The surprising thing to me is that her debut album remains so subtle in its cynicism, its disillusionment, and its criticism of our society's values, given the levels of snark and bile spewed at her for her supposed dishonesty and lack of authenticity (not to mention her rich daddy, her plastic surgery, her fake name, her lack of musical talent, her poor stage presence, and her mediocre singing voice, did I get them all?) The hating hate of these hateful haters (as it might be said on the interwebz) would be over the top even if the dismissals and passionate dislike were based on fact. No artist or performer deserves this level of vitriolic abuse; after all, this isn't Milli Vanilli we're talking about - it isn't even Ashley Simpson or Adele or Amy Winehouse or Miley Cyrus. What is really at the crux of this mad-on?

The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in our natures; the protected status of "critics gives them an undeserved level of influence over our values (is it 'good' or is it 'bad') and our purchasing behavior (buy this album, see this concert, etc.). We always see the emperor's new clothes because someone tells us we should. So Ms. Del Rey is labeled an untalented, deceptive, spoiled little rich girl who doesn't really have the cred to roll with the Big Kids. Whoever they are.

I have to wonder if these critics have actually LISTENED to Ms. Del Rey's album, "Born to Die"? I hear an incredibly well-crafted, nuanced, and beautiful album. Is Ms. Del Rey a pop singer or an indie? Who cares? This is lush, moody melancholia and heartbreak fashioned into aching melodies and arrangements. It seems to me that the distinction between what is "indie" (and thus increases my level of "hip" - after all, I am discerning enough to listen to it) and what is "pop" is a matter of expectation and record-company (and radio station) manipulation. This is a distinction that developed with the rise of FM radio of the early 70s; it wasn't valid then, and certainly isn't today. It should be relegated to mean-spiritedness of (junior?) high school, where it belongs. LDR is what she is, even after all the A&R people, the attorneys, her managers, and her cosmetic surgeon (I suppose), and what she is isn’t nearly as important as what she does. And what she does, or at least has done here, is make heartbreaking, beautiful music.

I don't know what genre this music is. Emo? Maybe. Retro lounge act? Some. Hip-hop? A pinch or two. "National Anthem" is an excellent example of one of Ms. Del Rey's most appealing and intriguing methods - the combination, and especially the juxtaposition, of different genres, different styles. This is a consistent motif - the clash of reality vs. hopes; of lush, heavily orchestrated torch/cocktail time with urban hop; of melancholy, minor keyed structures against lyrics that seem innocuous, even vapid, but that actually skewer the banality and emptiness of so much of our lives and relationships ("you're the bestest!").

Is there a sameness to the songs? Not really. These songs are complex, mischievous, sharp-as-a-scalpel lyrics and music that bear the mark of a sly, naughty little “bad girl” in devil’s horns and pitchfork platforms. You didn’t like bad girls before she showed up in her cocktail dress and butterfly barrettes? Well now you do. But there is also the girl who is making the best of a series of **** situations. Does anyone honestly think “Video Games” should be taken at face value as a love song? Her “persona” may be manufactured, but she wears it as well as she does her buttoned-down white blouse. Her much maligned SNL performance seemed to me to capture that projection of her identity very well. The music was technically excellent. Her voice, though a bit quavering early on, was as clear and as strong as it was on her album. Sometimes, when the whole world is gone to **** and you didn’t even get a ticket, there’s nothing left to do but touch your hair, move your hand in a gesture expressive of feelings you don’t even recall, and twirl around in a circle. At least you look beautiful in your party dress.

Ms. Del Rey’s party dress is especially lovely.
  61. Nov 9, 2014
    Lana është një artist i vërtetë . Unë e kam dëgjuar për herë të parë të saj të vrasin e saj vrasin e Parlamentit Evropian dhe e ndjekur karrierën e saj muzikore që nga atëherë . Si një album të paedukuar mjaft kjo nuk mund të ketë marrë ndonjë të mirë . Të vocals janë të mahnitshme , Lyrics ashtu si fantastike , dhe instrumentale një përzierje e sadcore dhe udhëtim hop . Kjo me të vërtetëLana është një artist i vërtetë . Unë e kam dëgjuar për herë të parë të saj të vrasin e saj vrasin e Parlamentit Evropian dhe e ndjekur karrierën e saj muzikore që nga atëherë . Si një album të paedukuar mjaft kjo nuk mund të ketë marrë ndonjë të mirë . Të vocals janë të mahnitshme , Lyrics ashtu si fantastike , dhe instrumentale një përzierje e sadcore dhe udhëtim hop . Kjo me të vërtetë do të tregojë se si duhet të zbatohetmosha e re e muzikës .

62. Apr 12, 2014
    Дебютный альбом Ланы Дель Рей — «Born To Die» — получился сказочным и загадочным. Каждая песня не похожа на другую, если учитывать тексты, а вот аранжировки некоторых песен имеют некую схожесть, но это не делает альбом хуже.
  63. Jan 27, 2016
    In a word this album was meh. I wasn't impressed at all but it wasn't awful but I really don't like Del Rey's voice and she certainly should change it up drastically to impress me.
  64. Jun 23, 2015
    Lana sounds melodically pleasant, but lyrically speaking, the lack of diversity is the sin of the disc. Each song, except for 'Carmen', is about a single subject: men. And this subject is explored involving suffering, drinks and luxury. Not very intelligent, since we speak of a woman who fought to be an artist.
  65. Jan 29, 2016
    So powerful debut album. She knows how to talk about pain and to express what she had to live so that she could be the girl that has touched the sky of celebrity!
  66. Dec 5, 2014
    Summertime Sadness leaves in me a mix of feelings between deception and hope while I dive through my thoughts, that remind me a lot of good times spent before.
  67. Sep 18, 2014
    Como evitei esse nome e com apenas um flash, uma cena de Blue Jeans, me encontrei apaixonado(leia-se obcecado) pelo modo dela escrever e interpretar suas canções, não é um disco completamente perfeito, mas chega bem perto, well, I'm waiting for my heaven
  68. Apr 14, 2016
    Born To Die may not be liked by everyone but it is beautiful from the first to the last second. That doesn't mean it is perfect. Give it a try and don't stick to your opinion about LDR. Listen to the composition : the strings are beautiful and the beats are sick.
  69. Sep 27, 2014
    Born to Die is a fresh, new sound that music industry needed at this point. Lana's voice is beautifully unique and overwhelming with melancholy. She seems to come straight out from these American classic books bakc in the 50s. Her album is, from beginning to end, from Born to Die to Lucky Ones, a succession of perfect, different touching songs that you will visually hear. Her admirationBorn to Die is a fresh, new sound that music industry needed at this point. Lana's voice is beautifully unique and overwhelming with melancholy. She seems to come straight out from these American classic books bakc in the 50s. Her album is, from beginning to end, from Born to Die to Lucky Ones, a succession of perfect, different touching songs that you will visually hear. Her admiration for Nabokov is strongly felt in songs such as Carmen, Lolita or Off to the Race and she tragically takes Lolita's place. Born to Die is an ode to love, death, literature, movies, despair and music. Expand
  70. Jan 30, 2015
    I'm just here to say that I understand if some people didn't like this album; it's a matter of taste.
    But all the critics who wrote negative reviews on this album, are simply jealous. The album is an original concept, and it doesn't happen every day when we see original art. It's OK, let them be jealous.
  71. Dec 27, 2014
    Pretty amazing universe, no colloquial texts, always poetry. It's like Lana saw flowers and tell it without spelling the main word once. She uses a form nobody uses, this is it
  72. Mar 27, 2015
    Definitely the alternative peak of 2012, her magnus opus, brilliant, confident and cohesive in sound and lyrics, her voice deal with a sound that express new and fresh material. Before the Lizzy Grant effort she gave the public a record full of feelings, a wonderful collection of pretty and dark songs.
  73. Mar 7, 2015
    Beautiful album. Surely, it can be considered as the best album of 2012. Reading the critics reviews, i feel disgusted. Worth buying at least 10 copies.
  74. Mar 11, 2015
    While she is somewhat melodramatic with her vocals and her songs seem to be on repeat, Lana Del Rey overall bursts out a successful "debut" album. She is a talented vocalist and I am hoping for more in the future.
  75. Apr 3, 2015
    amiga adorei o album porem vc tem que faze umas musiquinhas mais animadinhas né ? , eu confesso pra vc que eu dormi durante o album , por isso eu te dou um zer ... 10 maravilhoso !!1 dancei muito !!
  76. Jun 14, 2015
    Melhor album de 2012..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  77. Aug 26, 2016
    Não é um grande álbum mas não é de se jogar fora, tem seus grandes momentos mas tem muitos erros, as letras futeis são um deles, Video Games é a melhor do álbum.
  78. May 9, 2015
    É realmente ótimo, a sonoridade é perfeita, letras todas feitas pela própria cantora, a música não é farofa e as letras são lindas, merece 10 de nota
  79. Sep 10, 2015
    This album it's sooooooooooo good. You are definitly play it on repeat, really, again and again and again.
    .............................................
  80. Sep 4, 2015
    The album is subtle, eclectic and beautiful in every single way. Her voice engages almost perfectly with the lyrics and gives a different way to 'see it' that no singer out there can give it; the producers, specially Nowels and Haynie are the ones who have done major masterpieces in this album and REALLY team up with Lana to make songs to never forget.
    This album is a one-way ticket.
  81. Sep 13, 2015
    Lana has a beautiful voice, but in the most part of this album she sings like she was having an orgasm, or at least too bored to sing decently. The lyrics are OK, there are still really good tracks on it, like Carmen, Summertime Sadness and Off to the Races, but when I listen to National Anthem I just want to know what the **** is going on there.
  82. Sep 13, 2015
    I met her with Born to Die (song) and I fell in love with it, and the whole album! Best songs: Video Games, Radio, Without You, Least: Lolita. Lana made a good job.
  83. Oct 28, 2015
    An extraordinary example of worldwide teenagers dreams; a mix of freedom, drugs, fun, friendship, losses, overcoming and love... Born To Die is the real beginning of a solid artist.
  84. Dec 4, 2015
    An instantly recognisable sound and a truly credible album, Born to Die is a fast burner. Del Rey explores themes such as heartbreak, money, alcoholism, wealth, celebrity and death in the most captivating and creative fashion. The mellow sadness, heartache and tragedy is cohesive throughout the album, but it never becomes too much. Each and every track is worth a thousand listens. One ofAn instantly recognisable sound and a truly credible album, Born to Die is a fast burner. Del Rey explores themes such as heartbreak, money, alcoholism, wealth, celebrity and death in the most captivating and creative fashion. The mellow sadness, heartache and tragedy is cohesive throughout the album, but it never becomes too much. Each and every track is worth a thousand listens. One of the most exciting records of the past decade. Expand
  85. Dec 24, 2015
    Apesar de eu não gostar da Lana del Rey, devo admitir que o álbum é ótimo. Eu adorei várias músicas do material. A voz da Lana está doce e a instrumental não é tão sonífera assim. Os destaques ficam para as mais agitadas.

Pontos altos: Radio, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness
    Pontos baixos: Carmen, Million Dollar Men, Video Games
  86. Feb 7, 2016
    This record is both overrated and underrated. It's overrated by her fans, which make it seem like it's the best album of all time when it's not even close to being the artist's best. It's overrated by the GP, since it's her best selling album and also the best selling alternative album of this decade by a femalr artist. But it is underrated by critics, which dragged Lana to the pits. And IThis record is both overrated and underrated. It's overrated by her fans, which make it seem like it's the best album of all time when it's not even close to being the artist's best. It's overrated by the GP, since it's her best selling album and also the best selling alternative album of this decade by a femalr artist. But it is underrated by critics, which dragged Lana to the pits. And I feel like most of them judge her by her persona and not solely by her music as it should be. Also they let the tragic SNL performance affect their review. Producers tried to make it more appealing by adding more beats which I feel like isn't very true to Lana herself as an artist. But I do think this album is in fact brilliant, from its concept and the character Lana creates in her albums to the lyricism and vocals and all that's in between. Expand
  87. Mar 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Su estilo de musica esta muy remarcado ultimamente no hay que dudar que su hermosa voz a llamado la atencion siendo haci uno de sus grandiosos albumes entre tantos Expand
  88. Jun 10, 2016
    Definitivamente o melhor álbum de sua carreira! Músicas que soam muito bem somadas a letras fantásticas. As faixas não soam enjoativas e atraem desde que se ouve pela primeira vez. Lana fez um excelente trabalho.
  89. Jul 30, 2016
    Rarely does anyone make music this good these days. Some songs seems timeless and brilliant! This is a masterwork by a singer who is still finding herself. Yet she's unafraid to go where other singers of this generation are afraid to go. The delivery is nothing to scoff at either! Critics slept on this album! They were too afraid to openly state that Born To Die was a genius album. HoweverRarely does anyone make music this good these days. Some songs seems timeless and brilliant! This is a masterwork by a singer who is still finding herself. Yet she's unafraid to go where other singers of this generation are afraid to go. The delivery is nothing to scoff at either! Critics slept on this album! They were too afraid to openly state that Born To Die was a genius album. However fans have spoken! 9/10 Expand
  90. Jul 30, 2016
    Este es un álbum con un buen potencial, un álbum debut jamas y todo comienza siendo bueno, tiene algunos sonidos que se repiten en algunas canciones pero lo que a mi me gusta es la voz de Lana que es lo que resalta mas.

1. Feb 28, 2012
    Spread over 12 songs, Del Rey becomes so ordinary, even bland, that no amount of little girl vocals or pouting can save her.
  2. Mojo
    Feb 27, 2012
    Tune out the background media noise and immerse yourself. [Mar 2012, p.94]
  3. Q Magazine
    Feb 21, 2012
    Confirms her as the most compelling new pop star around: half doomed romantic, half mordant cynic, with a distinctively conflicted vision of how love, fame and America work. [Mar 2012, p.94]