9.0

Review this album

1. Danielle
    Sep 22, 2001
    This album is flawless and smooth...The lyrics are incredibly meaningful and strong. I'm glad that The Wallflowers are out there making their way through all the teeny bopper nonsense groups to reclaim rock and roll to where it should be. Congrats to them!
  2. AmandaS.
    Aug 19, 2001
    Definitely better than the first album. Every single song is great!
  3. TPet
    Sep 22, 2001
    Breach is simple, yet amazing and brilliant. Get if you don't have it. The Wallflowers ROCK in concert even harder than on the cd.
  4. Bill
    Sep 22, 2001
    I am well aware that this album was not the most popular, selling about 600,000 copies thus far (as of 9/01) but for true Wallflower fans, it was a breath of fresh air in this otherwise bland music scene. Sleepwalker is an incredible song, and had it been released 3-4 years ago, it probably would've been a big hit. The ballads on this album are beautiful, not tedius as some reviews I am well aware that this album was not the most popular, selling about 600,000 copies thus far (as of 9/01) but for true Wallflower fans, it was a breath of fresh air in this otherwise bland music scene. Sleepwalker is an incredible song, and had it been released 3-4 years ago, it probably would've been a big hit. The ballads on this album are beautiful, not tedius as some reviews claim. I recommend this album wholeheartedly. Expand
  5. KelleyW
    Apr 25, 2005
    The best of the four Wallflowers albums. Highly recomended.
  6. KateR.
    Sep 22, 2001
    Anyone who doesn't appreciate the Wallflowers is an idiot.
  7. TaniaG
    Aug 27, 2005
    That s because the purpuse of this album is quite different to Bringing down the horse. The first 4 or 5 songs are the strongest part of it. And of course Baby Bird, if I could I ll rakn it on 9.5 Bird, a lullabie
  8. adreas
    Sep 14, 2005
    an amazing cd! Still love it years later!
  9. RossM.
    Nov 2, 2001
    The kind of ablum that plays nicely as a soundtrack to your life. Cheerful and uplifting melancoly...the best sort.
  10. SaraR.
    Sep 22, 2001
    This album rox my sox....
  11. DavidR
    Jun 21, 2005
    This is one of the best albums I have heard in a long, long time. Muscular, lean, and forward-driving. No excess. This is a musician's album, not a pop-radio album. Reading some reviews leaves me feeling like the world is full of idiots.
  12. RyanG
    Dec 12, 2001
    This album has amazing songs, such "as up from under", which people refuse to recognize. I play guitar and enjoy the Wallflowers style, which is hardly "simple".
  13. j30
    Mar 22, 2012
    The Wallflowers will always be one of the unsung heroes from the 90's. With Breach they took a lighter approach rather than a more rock feel from their previous record Bringing Down The Horse.

1. In a sea of trend-conscious releases, "Breach" will wash over the senses like a cool, refreshing breeze. Although it's a completely contemporary and competitive entry into today's market, you won't find even the tiniest musical element that will render this set irrelevant or outdated in 10 years.
  2. Generic, maybe, but very nicely done. [Nov. 2000, p.117]
  3. Fans will be happy to find Jakob more upfront, and keyboardist Rami Jaffe utilized, but differently than past straightforward organ parts.