Brothers - The Black Keys
8.6

Review this album

1. Aug 21, 2010
    An album that find the band coming back home should be the subtitle. Gone is the experimental and soul beaten pressure to sound like someone that is destitute. Must listen tracks, Next Girl (Gangstarr tribute?) , Tighten Up, She's Long Gone, Ten Cent Pistol and Sinister Kid.

If you haven't seen this band live then make an appointment and cancel anything else.
  2. Aug 21, 2010
    the black keys are an incredible band. they have the unique ability to release new albums that are good. Brothers is not just good, it is better than their previous release "Attack and Release" which was also an incredible album
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    Their best album to date. I don't think it's better than the Suburbs and how it won Alt. Album of the year over Suburbs still doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, not here to bash it. Here to love it. Brothers is a great, blues-y/Zepplin-y album, it's a great listen.
  4. Mar 12, 2011
    Finally something that's not Lady Gaga/Kesha garbage.There is nothing like a real talented band that proves music is still worth listening to.I thought I was gonna snap if I heard anymore pop crap seriously.Well written meaningfull songs thats what people want this rocks.
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    Absolutely no-nonsense album. Catchy tunes, cleaned off of any "non-structural" purely decorative elements, solid stylistically throughout, bright with light.... a musical equivalent of Classical Ottoman Architecture.
  6. Mar 8, 2011
    Best album of 2010 no question... Only a few tracks that aren't great. Howlin' For You, Next Girl, Tighten Up, Sinister Kid, She's Long Gone are all instant classics.
  7. Apr 21, 2011
    This album just plain rocks. A unique mix of deep-south blues mixed with sexy pop-rock musical influences creates a sound that you can't help but tap your feet to. Listening perfection.
  8. Dec 28, 2011
    This album proves that The Black Keys are the best band in the world. Each one of their albums is unique and this album is one of their best yet. Every single song is a knockout. If you like music, this is an absolute must listen
  9. Aug 11, 2010
    'Brothers' definitely begins stronger than it ends. The first five tracks on this album are absolute gold, and the rest is pleasant enough, but not nearly as exciting.
  10. Sep 8, 2010
    definitely a contender for album of the year in my books.
  11. Sep 30, 2010
    Looking for a little less production assistance...some more guitars. I've loved previous albums, but it's beginning to slope downwards.
  12. Jan 30, 2012
    Awesome record. some most listen tracks: Ten Cent Pistol, Sinister Kid, The Go Getter, Everlasting Light. The Black Keys are a must-see high energy show.
  13. Nov 22, 2010
    The Black Keys have this originality that keeps listeners wanting more, so they continue the soothing melodies and amazing vocals on each and every track, but still strangely keeping you awake.
  14. Jan 3, 2011
    Brothers is way different sounding from any other Black Keys album. The most catchiest Black Keys album to date. The guitar riffs are catchy and Dan Auerbach's lyrics are really witty. This whole album is just one great jam. "Tighten Up", "Next Girl", Ten Cent Pistol", and the opener "Everlasting Light" are all great tracks. All In All, Brothers is a great album. B+
  15. Dec 27, 2010
    Brothers is certainly one of the most accessible albums of the year and a few tunes from the Black Keys sixth studio album have already gotten some serious attention. The first single, â
  16. Feb 23, 2011
    The Black Keys- Brothers
    The Black Keys have released five prior albums Brothers, released May 18th 2010, focused on indie rock blues. Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney, are souls seeking passionate brothers who love the music. In this album they brought their emotions, they added personal details. Having never heard of the Black Keys until this album they have since became one of my
    favorite musical groups. Listening to previous albums they have gotten more likable every time. Dan Auerbach says, â Expand
  17. Jun 21, 2011
    great album. it was very good. i liked it a lot. it was creative and very pop friendly. it was one of the best albums if last year. good album. near perfect
  18. May 27, 2011
    Good from start to finish. Feels genuine. Doesn't require a particular taste in music. Reminds me of the time I was chillin' at Jabba's palace scheming on Leia in her metal bikini.
  19. Jul 14, 2011
    An amazingly good album, and their best since Rubber Factory. It evolves their sound without sacrificing anything- the bass and keyboard additions are all tasteful and well placed. It's only fault is that it runs a little too long at almost an hour. The first half of the album is a 10/10, but after "The Only One," it slows down a little too much. A track or two less, and this would be a 10/10.
  20. Jul 31, 2011
    I loved this album! It is up there with my favorite albums of all time. I love almost every track and the blues rock feel that it gives. Better than its also great predecessor, "Attack & Release".
    MUST LISTEN TO: Never Gonna Give You Up, Howlin' For You, Unknown Brother, Tighten Up
    LEAST FAVORITE: Howlin' For You (feat. Prins Thomas)
  21. Sep 10, 2011
    This album does something no band has done before and that is combine about 10 different genres of music all together in one so they pretty much have a song for everyone. This album gets a 10 and i have not found a single Black Keys song I do not like yet and probably wont.
  22. Dec 25, 2011
    Easily one of the best albums I have ever heard! The Black Keys get better with each album. She's Long Gone, Next Girl and Tighten Up are their mustin listen tracks. If you haven't heard this album already, then you're missing out.
  23. Dec 28, 2011
    The Black Keys have added white keys and now sound a complete band. Having been a fan of Magic Potion and Attack and Release for the simple beauty of the riffs, the catchiness of the songs and the invention displayed by this two piece, I like Brothers for its deliberately less White-Stripes approach. Now they sound like a band, not some odd 3 wheeled vehicle, and the are all the better for it. A few detractors may criticize the more adult production, but I see it as inevitable progress. I think Dan is one of the best riff writers ever, and the whole thing smacks of greater professionalism in a positive way. Still simple, bluesy, energetic and committed, this is one great record. Expand
  24. Jan 7, 2012
    "This is an album by The Black Keys. The title of this album is Brothers."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We get the idea! Brothers is the title of the 2010 album of The Black Keys. They obviously forgot to call it:

"This critically acclaimed album by The Black Keys is called Brothers".

It's awesome and is not Ke$ha.
  25. Nov 9, 2012
    Fantastic. At least somebody's releasing good music these days.
  26. Dec 3, 2013
    [5.9] The Black Keys could be thoroughly enjoyable if they didn't make such nostalgic records. I can imagine myself enjoying all of the songs on this album, but it is far too reliant on cliches. The songs also suffer from a lack of variation, especially in tempo, instrumentation, and vocals. While almost all of the songs on here are agreeably catchy, and not difficult to listen to, there isn't much interesting about this album; it is plain, repetitive, and doesn't offer much beyond a few listens. Expand
  27. Apr 13, 2014
    Not only is Brothers arguably the best modern rock album there is, it's right up there among best rock albums ever. Brothers keeps the good old rock sound we all love in this era of generic pop.
  28. Apr 13, 2014
    When you hear someone saying that music nowadays has totally lost it and there's no really good bands anymore, just answer "please, shut up a bit and listen to The Black Keys". When they hear this album, that will be the strongest slap they will EVER receive. Breathtaking and outstanding album of (by far) one of the best bands we have these days!

1. That’s the great thing about the Black Keys in general and Brothers in particular: the past and present intermingle so thoroughly that they blur, yet there’s no affect, just three hundred pounds of joy.
  2. Brimful of air guitar moments and other guilty pleasures, Brothers is pleasingly diverse and diverting, with barely a duff track.
  3. Six albums in, the Akron, Ohio, duo's backwoods-Zeppelin shtick remains paramount, but on Brothers, there's a new kind of shrewdness, too: real songwriting, and real hooks, beneath all that mondo riffage.