Cannibal - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Nov 22, 2010
6.5

Review this album

1. Aug 15, 2013
    It is a shame that "Cannibal" was an EP, because it had lots of potential. The best songs are "Cannibal", "The Harold Song", and "C U Next Tuesday".
  2. May 29, 2012
    Once More Ke$ha Does It Again!
    A Great Pop Dance Album! We R Who We R Is A Amazing Track!
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    Ke$ha really did an aazing job on her EP. I myself am a huge fan and this was a very inticipated album for me. Ke$ha's intoxicating synths, and funky lyrics really have you dancing. She also has a softer side. "The Harold Song" is about how she misses someone who was sopecial in her ife. Overall, a really really really awesome album!
  4. May 26, 2011
    Tripe. Complete and utter tripe.
  5. Aug 10, 2014
    The Cannibal EP acts as a refinement rather than a successor to Ke-dollar sign-ha's 2010 debut Animal. Disappointingly, her overuse of Auto-Tune and vocoders are one of the common criticisms as well as its Animal-mimicking top 40 tunes -- "We R Who We R" could surpass as a gay pride remix of "TiK ToK". But producer Dr. Luke and accompanying producers such as Ammo, Benny Blanco, and Max Martin help the '10s' most polarizing pop star serve her "animals" even more of her sassy rhymes ("I don't mean to critique on your seduction technique/But your money's not impressing me, it's kinda weak") and electronic whirlwind of backstabbing boyfriends via catchy earworm hooks ("When you grow a pear, you can call me back").

The highlights of the EP are actually her most exploratory: "The Harold Song" has a heartwrenching that could make metalheads wave their lighters and "C U Next Tuesday" turns the concept of falling in love with a friend-with-benefits into a catchy '80s vintage synthpop tune. Kesha has grown up a lot since her 'drink-until-you-love-yourself' days, attending rehab in early 2014 for an eating disorder, so maybe she'll dump Dr. Luke for a producer that has an interest in who Kesha Sebert truly is beneath all the electronic gloss. If you haven't checked out her cover of Dolly Parton's "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You", which her mother co-wrote, she's actually a very, very beautiful singer. Let's take her out of guilty pleasure territory and show more of that raw talent.
  6. Nov 24, 2010
    This album was just like the other Ke$ha album. It mix with a lot of sloppy hooks that catch out attention. We can't stop singing her songs because her songs are so catchy. Even though Ke$ha isn't a good singer or song writer she find a way to get it done. I like this album it has nice beats with catchy songs that everybody will be singing. Once again Ke$ha made a hit album. Even though I say wasn't going listen to her anymore . I cont. to listen to her. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Cannibal Is Somewhat A Better Album That Animal... In A Way....
    A Amazing Album By Ke$ha!

Below Is A List Of Song Off Cannibal And A Score Out Of 10

Crazy Beautiful Life 10/10
    Grow A Pear 10/10
    C U Next Tuesday 10/10
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    Unlike her previous album, even autotune can't save Ke$ha this time. "Blow," "The Harold Song" and "We R Who We R" were good songs, but the rest of the album was not the best.
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    Ke$ha's new EP "Cannibal" is better than her debt CD. There is a minimal use of autotune and vocoders. Her song remain as catchy as first without 'Trying too Hard.' Her new EP shows no false brattiness and stupidity. "Cannibal" the title-track is a standout because it has a new and refreshing sound. "We R Who We R" is the album's catchiest yet carefree song. "Sleazy" musically and lyrically standout of all her songs. The EP is incredibly, irresistibly catchy among all 2010 releases. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2013
    Not as many good songs on Cannibal as compared to Animal, but when put with Animal it makes for an OK album. The two songs picked for singles were probably the best ones. It's a fun album though with catchy Pop songs.
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    Listening to dollar-sign-girl is pure dance pop addiction. In her latest EP and major release, the drunk gal proved to be a rising dance artist with creatively nasty lyrics and poppy production excess that make sense. Though her heart is in the clubs, her music is all the more enjoyable and (rare in the pop music landscape, believe it or not) in focus.
  12. Jun 20, 2014
    Muuuuuuuito bom em relação a Animal,evolução grandiosa,esquecemos até do auto tune que aparece a todo momento.
    Mas Ke$ha só se sobressai a cada album.
  13. Apr 26, 2012
    Fun album yes. Great lyrics, no no no. There is absolutely no depth here with Ms. Ke$ha. I found it very superficial at times. It's a fun album to get wasted to, but nothing extremely amazing that Britney or even Christina couldn't do.
  14. May 30, 2011
    This is no masterpiece but it is way better than her debut. Most songs are pretty catchy and, while Autotune is heavily relied upon, it is not as annoying as on Animal. Standout; Blow.
  15. Jul 29, 2011
    Track By Track- Cannibal- so fresh and stuff, so electronically cool, album highlight, We R Who We R- Cool. absolutely amazing, i really like it, Sleazy- she shows off her rapping skills in this weirdo electro-hop track, Blow- repetitive and cool, super nice and i'm officially in love with it, The Harold Song- her best ballad ever, it is very sentimental and nice, Crazy Beautiful Life- nice and short quality pop music, i like it, Grow a Pear- naughty but nice dance-pop track that is pretty amazing, C U Next Tuesday- i absolutely love it! Album Highlight, Animal- this remix maybe unnecessary but it is awesome, cute ballad, dancey sort of song. Best Tracks- Cannibal, C U Next Tuesday, We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2011
    I Thought I Liked Animal...I LOVE Cannibal Ever More!
    Some Of The Best Tracks Are We R We R, Cannibal, Blow & Grow A Pear The Worst Song By Far Is Slezy.. Its Not Bad... Its Just Not The Best Son.. I Still LOVE K$!
  17. Mar 25, 2012
    Better than "Animal", sure, but not good. "We Are Who We R" is good but in this EP, like in the album, all the tracks have the same horrible and annoying sound. The biggest part of the tracks talks about glitter or parties, so there isn't a lot of substance. Better than Animal, but not good.
  18. Nov 25, 2010
    Ke$ha's annoying & repulsive, but sweet personality & style of songwriting has led her to make an actually decent, average pop album. Her last album "Animal", was immature & obnoxious, with about two strong points. And, the fact that that was a debut album gives no excuse for such immaturity, considering the fact that this new album "Cannibal" is out less than a year later, & in the same year. As usual for the hyper valley girl, the ballads (The Harold Song, Animal) are the strongest points. "We R Who We R" is also another strong point with unique lyrics & a catchy hook. I will never be able to get by someone with a dollar sign in their name, but Ke$ha has actually made a decent album. Props! Expand
  19. Nov 22, 2010
    As pop music goes these days, Ke$ha has definitely has shown some improvement from her previous debut effort, "Animal". Brilliantly named "Cannibal" has sick club bangers and still keeping listeners entertained with her slightly auto-tuned vocals and pop-rap style that keeps every young listener up and jumping. "We R Who We R" is the highlight of the EP, as well as the EP's self titled song "Cannibal" that could be the funniest LOL pop song in years. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2010
    To think "We R Who We R" is Ke$ha's version of a FTW message lets you know the quality of the EP. Another garage album for a garbage pop artist with materialism presented in a materialistic manner and no real thought put into this whatsoever.
  21. Mar 8, 2011
    Ke$ha's debut studio album may have been simple and obnoxious, but anyone can admit that it was catchy and shown off her spicy, "I.D.G.A.F." personality. In stead of vanishing for another year in order to focus on a whole studio album, Ke$ha's latest Cannibal is an extended play with eight tracks that -- once again -- show off her rowdy side.

While the tracks are still autotune-heavy, and
    maybe even sound like B-sides from her predecessor, there's a bit more ingenuity in Cannibal. The lead single, "We R Who We R", is hardly different from her previous singles, but it's catchy enough to be a success. However, tracks such as "Cannibal", "Sleazy", and "Blow" are the album's standout club tracks, with rude, but involving lyrics.

Another highlight of Cannibal are its ballads, specifically "The Harold Song", which features her unlayered vocals during the verses. The lyrics are surprisingly profound, whilst her vocals are quite relaxing as well. "C U Next Tuesday" is auto-tune heavy, but classy as well, inspired by 80's bubblegum pop.

If you're not a fan of Ke$ha's auto-tune heavy soundtrack, Animal, then there's nothing here to redeem your opinion. However, if you are a fan, then Cannibal will be a gentle step forward.
  22. May 31, 2011
    Though you'll feel your IQ drop with every song you hear (from its poor grammar to its poorly named tracks like "C U Next Tuesday"), Cannibal is a handsomely produced and fun-filled album, packed with unapologetically blunt lyrics and glossy dance beats. Though its still heavily flooded with Auto Tune, there is actually some significant proof here that Ke$ha, is in fact, artist material. Its standout track is "The Harold Song", a power ballad that is shockingly deep and proves that Ke$ha can settle down from her feisty persona here and there. However, its weakest tracks are "Crazy Beautiful Life", a decent, but disappointingly dull dance track, and "Grow A Pear", which could feel at home on Katy Perry's debut album. Expand
  23. Nov 25, 2010
    Please, America, please knock some sense into yourselves. What happened to good lyrics? Natural vocals? This is not Kesha. This is a computer singing her terrible lyrics. She - as well as other generic pop stars - seem to be trying their best to imitate the only decent pop singer today: Lady Gaga. Kesha is innovative, I'll give you that - she's shown us all that you don't need talent to make it big these days: you just need nice voice editing software and you're good to go. Expand
  24. Nov 26, 2010
    Ke$ha is an absolute idiot, with no intellect. At least with her last release we got some embarrassingly catchy songs that are tolerable at a club filled with people equally as stupid as Ke$ha. I'm sorry, but when you're saying "I am Cannibal" -- something is wrong. A lot of people also find this release to be very offensive in content; unapologetic. That would be fine if she was intelligent and her lyrics didn't suck. The point is, fellow haters -- she WILL NOT last. 50 Cent and Soulja Boy did the same thing! They got famous off one single, and their careers fell off from there because they are stupid, and weren't made for the business. Ke$ha is the same case. Enjoy your fame while it lasts, Ke$ha! Cannibal is the catalyst of your plunge into perpetual darkness. Expand
  25. May 29, 2011
    After a slew of bad singles from her first album (with the exception of "Your Love Is My Drug"), Ke$ha's second album is surprisingly well-done. Other than "Blow", which has an annoying refrain, the album is full of energetic dance-pop, with highlights being "Sleazy" and "Crazy Beautiful Life".
  26. Apr 4, 2011
    IIIIII LLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE KKKKKKEEEEEE$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAAANNNIIIBBBAAALLL FTW!!! This EP is amazing. Non stop dancing :P
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    This EP is great, full of energy and really good overall tracks. As part of Ke$has debut album Animals re-release know as Animal/Cannibal, Cannibal can also be bought as an EP. The 2 singles from the EP We R Who We R and Blow are great, definatly highlights. Personally i think the highlights of Cannibal are We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life and The Harold Song. Lyrically We R Who We R is an insperational anthem telling people to be who they are and overall an amazing song! Crazy Beautiful Life a really great song and should've been a single in my opinion! The Harold Song is a love/breakup song which is amazing! Lyrically this is the best written song on the whole album i love it! If you haven't bought/listened to this yet i advise you to! Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2011
    After her awful debut she decided to record an EP that was equally as bad. Exactly the same story - the two singles are good but the other 8 tracks are filler and all sound the same. C U next Tuseday borders on been good but that's about it. If you like ke$ha then just buy the singles and be done with - don't waste time and money buying this crap.
  29. Dec 1, 2010
    Cannibal was on my list for this week's album releases (with Pink Friday and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy). I admit that I was a bit disappointed by this EP. The songs are okay, nothing special nothing can be qualified as bad, but except for We R Who We R, I don't think that something is very good on this album, but still, we can't say any of this EP is bad. The only reason my rate isn't higher than 6/10 is because as a whole, this album sucks. I mean, that the song doesn't quite fit together, in contrast with Animal, where all the songs sounds the same. But I have to admit that the EP title was cleverly chosen. I bought the Animal Cannibal Edition and I love how it sounds. The good songs of Cannibal are : We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life, The Harold Song and I have to admit that I love the funny song named Cannibal.On the good side of the album, you have to admit that Ke$ha writes ALL of her songs, which gives her more credit for me than Rihanna who wrote absolutely nothing for Loud. Anyway. If you love Ke$ha, you'll love Cannibal. I do love Ke$ha, and I do love Cannibal, but I took an objective perspective to write this review. And I think everyone should do that, not like the haters who gives zeros instantly and the fans who are doing the same but with a ten.

**UPDATE: I found it suspicious that half of the bad reviews comes from people with only Cannibal reviewed... Seriously, don't make seven incoherent reviews if your only a hater. "This album is bad" is not a review!
  30. Nov 23, 2010
    This is worse than Animal, and Animal was really really really really BAD. When will her 15 mins be up? Her songs always make me cringe when they come on the radio.
  31. Jan 4, 2011
    Ok, so Ke$ha is like a guilty pleasure. Strictly speaking about the album, I love it. The tracks make me laugh, smile, and want to move. What's better than that? "Cannibal", "Blow" and "Sleazy" are great tracks to party to, along with her first single "We R Who We R"; to name a few. "Grow A Pair" makes me laugh and is not that bad as well.
  32. Dec 1, 2010
    True to her last album, Ke$ha continues to produce anthemic party themed songs with a tendency to represent for all the independent women who want to get their drink on and pimp the guys who are eyeing them from the end of the bar. The album guarantees to produce a couple mainstream singles good for dancing at a party and contains politically incorrect lyrics to save her reputation as the 'say what I want bad-girl of the party". If your looking for a song to bump while pregaming with your girls, look no further... Expand
  33. Nov 30, 2010
    Embarrassing and disappointing. Animal was a guilty pleasure, admittedly not a very good one. Even Ke$ha fans will question their loyalty after hearing this follow-up. It's not very catchy, it's somewhat offensive, and it simply sounds bad. The offensiveness of the album stem from Ke$ha's undeserving ego and her constant contradictions.
  34. Nov 30, 2010
    Even If "C U Next Tuesday" was already released before "Cannibal" she still knows how to deliver strong records like "We R Who We R" which is my favorite track on that album, "Sleazy" where she gives a rapping style dance vibe, "Grow A Pear" which delivers humor and a nice dance beat, "and "Blow" which has already broke into the billboard charts is a must-hear! All in all a great album released by Ke$ha. Expand
  35. Dec 3, 2010
    Now we all know that Ke$ha is your Marmite singer...you either love her or hate her. I LOVE HER! she is a musician/lyricist genius, she has set the bars up another level with Cannibal...every track is just infectious as the next one and contains some hilarious lyrics like "Now that I'm famous, your up my anus!"..pure brilliance. The track "Cannibal" is my favourite.
  36. Dec 12, 2010
    I loved "Animal" album, although, as I mentioned on its critic, it's guilty pleasure, but, I don't know... As I said, don't try too hard in finding clever in this. Still, there are some good songs in it. "Canibal" is the best. Funny song, and it should be a club banger soon. But, the other songs are just average. The next single should be "Blow" though, good song on the radio.
  37. Feb 15, 2011
    When going in to listen to Ke$ha, don't expect a masterpiece. Because it's not meant to be. It's supposed to be dirty and destroyed and falling apart. But because of that it's partially how it gets it's charm. It's not meant to be dissected and thought provoking. It's simply meant for fun. It's a dance album and Ke$ha does her job - you WILL be dancing. The songs are catchy, there's good production, and personally I have no major complaints about it. It's one of my favorite records of the year. Sometimes you just need a CD to party to and this one does the job. Expand
  38. Jul 27, 2011
    A definite step up from "Animal". "Cannibal" at least offers something worth listening to. It is, however, by no means the best piece of work you can imagine. While only a few tracks truly shine, the entire EP is still dull. The motives of this EP are fully commercial. And that is to sell a dying hype. Where Ke$ha shows more vocal capability, it still lacks the ability to be intelligent.
  39. Nov 25, 2010
    intellectual? Ground Breaking? Hardly. Her stupid spoiled slut routine is amusing for a moment, but the music, or electric noise or whatever those beats are supposed to sound like are garbage. her "rhymes" are even worse, usually they dont even rhyme and rarely make sense. There is no talent, effort, or heart in any of these songs
  40. Nov 22, 2010
    I can't believe people are trying to say Kesha is who she is. She is so desperate for attention and has absolutely nothing to back it up. No creativity, no vocal skills and borderline offensive lyrics in her crappy over auto tuned music.
  41. Feb 4, 2011
    Overall, Ke$ha's "Cannibal" EP is just another reborn "Animal". Lyrics are trashy, songs ARE catchy, and overuse of Auto-Tune... again. Credit to the catchy songs, but overall, Ke$ha just proves yet again that she has no vocal talent, but her ballets are standout tracks.
  42. May 25, 2011
    It's so weird but true, she has her very own style of Pop using very unique electrobeats each song has it's very own style and is not repetitive, even when sometimes the lyrics are a alittle bit goofy but well it's Ke$ha's style.
  43. Apr 2, 2012
    I'm going to guess that the majority of people giving this EP zeros have never actually listened to the it save for its two singles. The fact of the matter is that Ke$ha's Cannibal is far superior to her debut, Animal. It's much more well-written and songs like "The Harold Song" and even "We R Who We R" delve past her ditzy partygirl faux persona. We R Who We R was written as a response to the gay teen suicides and, unlike Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", it doesn't seem like a forced gay anthem. Ke$ha does absolutely have vocal talent, it's just not frequently showcased, but hints of her abilities can be heard on The Harold Song. Many criticize her use of AutoTune, but let's face it, this is a party record and heavily processed vocals just sound better on the dancefloor. Expand
  44. Dec 7, 2012
    I liked the generic pop-vibe shown in Ke$has music. In her album "Cannibal" she doesn't show any more originally than her previous album "Animal". The auto-tuning she uses in her music does let me down a little therefore this contributes towards a deduction of serious points in my final score for this review. I recommend this for people that like uptempo dirty pop music.
  45. Nov 25, 2010
    "Cannibal", the second album released by pop sensation Ke$ha, follows the footsteps of Lady GaGa's "The Fame Monster", as a promotional trick to live up the first album's, "Animal's" sales. Though it was met to mixed or average scores and criticism, this album or extended play is a big step ahead from "Animal", of course excluding "TiK ToK'', "Take It Off" and "Dancing with Tears in My Eyes", which are masterpieces in all ways. Here's my rating for each song:
    1. "Cannibal" - 10/10 - Fully deserves to be the album's title. Very nice.
    2. "We R Who We R" - 10/10 - Lyrics fit great, the song itself is another megahit after "TiK ToK".
    3. "Sleazy" - 10/10 - The beat is sick, so are her rapping and singing.
    4. "Blow" - 10/10 - One of the best, sounds like "Take It Off, Part 2".
    5. "The Harold Song" - 9,7/10 - Lyrics are great, but the track is too similar to "Blind" from her own "Animal" set.
    6. "Crazy Beautiful Life" - 8,2/10 - Sounds like a mid-2006 hit, would be popular then, not the best though.
    7. "Grow a Pear" - 10/10 - So far the extended play's best.
    8. "C U Next Tuesday" - 7,9/10 - Just sweet, nothing more.
    9. "Animal (Billboard Remix)" - 10/10 - You best believe me, it is great! Good job, Billboard!
    Overall this is a super EP and I'm against people, who say Ke$ha's fake. Yes, she's a pure auto-tune, but, after all, the next century is sure to have more than a bit of auto-tune. Congrats, K$!
  46. Nov 30, 2010
    Let's be serious, until Ke$ha drops the dollar sign and the vocoder, she shouldn't really be critiqued on her lyrical intellect as the standpoint of an album review. The lyrics are unapologetic and banal, and it is clear that no matter her SAT Score, she is profoundly stupid (She spells Are with the letter R, and, in "We R Who We R", commends and commands people to be who they are, before telling her male companion in, again the well spelled "Grow A Pear", to grow some balls, and change who he is, before she'll take him seriously again).
    The "Animal" extension is however, a fairly pleasing listen. If phazing out the lyrics of title track "Cannibal", the chorus does reach anthemic heights, and is a sure-fire club stomper, with tracks "We R Who We R" and "Blow" following immediately in it's footsteps. "Blow" notably takes a step into the more euphoric trance genre, with soaring vocoded vocals and stop-start style, and is a standout in doing so. Ballads "The Harold Song" and "Crazy Beautiful Life" show a less vocally assisted Ke$ha, and a more vulnerable one. "The Harold Song", which contains striking similarities to "Animal"'s "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes", proves a highlight, with a standout chorus and cold delivery. The most interesting track is "Sleazy", a trashy, repetitive, but somehow suggestive and clever at the same time. She ditches the speak-sung nature of her usual work for straight up Rap, which is delivered poignantly and fairly well, between vocal oddities such as that after "Beat so fat, wanna make me come... Over to your place", showing that she isn't taking her filthy image too seriously.
    Ultimately, this set fails to live up to it's former, and while there are 1 or 2 standouts, the EP itself is ruined by going places that lyrically are far too taboo to even be considered daring, and a vocoder supplied, same synth reliance which, at this point, feels tired.
  47. Apr 4, 2011
    When budding Kesha Sebert first arrived on the scene back in late 2009, she was perceived as an autotuned drunk who brushes her teeth with a whiskey bottle. Continuing on to early 2010, when she released her debut album, Animal, Kesha continued to discuss the likes of drinking, partying, and even associating everyday things with drinking (ex: Hungover). Now continuing on the footsteps of Animal, Cannibal, keeps the electropop going with more variety and flavor. With "Grow A Pear" (which sounds like something out of an old Nintendo game), is filled with vulgarity and infatuation with a boy who has a more feminine side than most boys. Likeable, yet laughable lyrics (...and no, I don't want to see your mangina). "Grow A Pear" is for the ones who like a couple of laughs. Continuing with the trend of self-empowerment songs, "We R Who We R" continues in the footsteps of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga with lyrics discussing being who you want to be. Though catchy towards the younger crowd, the older crowd would not be pleased with this song, considering the repetitious syllables (DJ turn it up up up up...) which even for teens can get annoying for a while (was that really necessary Kesha?) Though the songs are catchy, Cannibal is not worthy of becoming a Grammy winning album. This album is more humorous than serious and at times the autotune and synths get a little annoying after a while. But for the most part, Kesha continues to be a front runner in nightclubs and is popular among the dance crowd as well as teenage America. Expand
  48. Jun 16, 2011
    Sorry if I offend anybody, but if you enjoy Kesha and volentarily listen to her, then you don't know what music is. Because this woman sings like she's dying and auto-tune can't even save her. Remember back when pop wasn't all bad, when we had Madonna and Britney Spears' old songs? I'm not saying Madonna and Britney Spears are great singers, but not all of their songs are bad songs. Kesha? everything she puts out on the radio is horrid. So avoid her if you enjoy music at all. P.S., I didnt put a dollar sign in her name because she's worth less than a dollar. Expand
  49. Dec 4, 2012
    This album is too amazing. Cannibal is the masterpiece that pressed people can't get over. Sadly, their faves don't make masterpieces like this and they are jealous.The 9 bops on this album are enough to get the party wild.
  50. Nov 22, 2010
    Kesha keeps getting better. You may complain her lyrics are vain and stupid all you want but thats exactly what she is trying to be. Shes not pretending to be someone she isnt, she is who she is. Her music is made exactly what it is for, expression and fun, its to get lost in the beat. Hate her all you want but with 5 straight top 10 hits her work speaks for itself.
  51. Nov 30, 2010
    Too bad that the film "Idiocracy" was made prior to this album's release. The audio-visual combination would have been glorious. I could even see Ke$ha herself playing the Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts in it. Ah well, maybe a sequel will happen one day. This is the musical equivalent of McDonald's ... after it's been digested and expelled.
  52. Feb 27, 2011
    First of all, Ke$ha should be very thankful for auto-tune, because she would have no career (if that's even what you should call it) with out it. If the song isn't just showing off how conceited she is, it's saying something about a DJ, glitter, and getting wasted. With the same effects making her voice sound like a robot, and practically identical lyrics, most of her songs aren't even that easy to tell apart. I think Miss Ke$ha is on her 14th minute of fame. Expand
  53. Feb 23, 2011
    Ke$ha- Cannibal
    American Pop singer songwriter, Ke$ha, had her breakthrough in 2009 at the age of 22. Her first appearance was with Flo-Rida in the song â
  54. Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks to Dr. Luke, any talentless white trash skank can now become a "singer." These are sad days for pop music and music in general. For this to be called "music" and "singing" is blasphemy!
  55. bob
    Nov 22, 2010
    What an absolutely intellectual record. Kesha- sorry- Ke$ha has put together possibly the most mind-blowingly intriguing albums of the entire year. Her sound is so unique, and her dirty whore image just makes me want to say "Man, this is an album I want to buy". If her incredible innovations in the music industry do not blow you away, I don't know what will. If you give this album anything less than an 11, you are a dirty rotten homophobe who hates music. Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2010
    Proof that just because it's on the radio or teenagers are buying it, doesn't mean it's good. She's proof that all you need is a producer and mindless people with money to spend. This album is no exception. Rhyming "sleazy" with "easy" and other lazy songwriting, along with her computer generated voice leads to you wonder how she got a record deal in the first place. She represents the worst of pop music. Avoid this sludge. Expand
  57. Nov 22, 2010
    Wow ! Another scrap from Kesha. It's so nice to know that really good artists don't get money because the majority of the people listen to bad music. Kesha sucks
  58. Nov 23, 2010
    "If you like to enjoy your life, you will like this record. It's for people who are alive and happy." - Ke$ha

I would say this pretty much sums it up.
  59. Jan 3, 2011
    Ke$ha, again "Blows" our minds away with a collection of 9 new songs, however, some songs aren't as solid as anticipated, however, a majority of the whole album is addictive! The thing about the dear album Cannibal, is that it gurantees not one boring song, something that most pop artists offer in their nowadays albums, however some songs, again, aren't solid. Though the auto-tuned voice in many of her songs never get old, it sounds like she's evolved from Animal into a brand new voice range, for example clearly auto-tuned "Your Love Is My Drug" vs all natural "Sleazy". However, many of the songs are too repetitive. Example: Sleazy. After hearing "IMMA GET SLEAZY" for just about 50 times, it gets a bit old, however it is still a jolly-good time to listen to it! I do recommend this record, however, not for all ages. Grow A Pear is very... sensual. Hahaha. You'll have to listen to the album yourself.
    Tracks you HAVE TO LISTEN TO: Crazy Beautiful Life, We R Who We R, The Harold Song, and Grow A Pear.
  60. Cob
    Feb 18, 2011
    Are people still talking about this person? Is she not washed away into obscurity yet? I thought that was the thing with pop artists, they have one decent, or in this case, terrible single and then everyone forgets them. It's surprises the crap out of me when people actually like this trashy excuse of an artist. The singing is terrible, it's heavily auto-tuned, the lyrics are lazy and I don't give a damn about them. Not to mention atrocious spelling in song titles, like "We R Who We R". Yeah I know it's meant to be that way, but honestly, to me, it just looks bad, and put's more emphasis on the fact that she's as dumb as a brick, which people say is all just a stage thing, like it's a character that she made, and it's supposed to be a sort of satire. I'm sorry but if it's satire, shouldn't the songs actually contain a sort of satire? It seems to me like it's a sad excuse for **** pop music. But anyways I digress. I suppose the only thing anyone can really say about it, is that it's catchy. Well, that's all well and good, but "catchy" doesn't exactly have alot of staying power in pop music. Some pop stars need to take their 15 minutes of fame and then bow out gracefully. Expand
  61. Oct 21, 2011
    She is who she is, and I love her for it! She knows what she wants, and she can adequately portray it to her fanbase. All in all, she knows how to make a great pop record, and I look forward to her future matierla.

1. Dec 20, 2010
    This adjunct to "Animal" is unapologetically escapist and highly programmed fun.
  2. Dec 8, 2010
    Sure, Max Martin's hooks, and especially Dr. Luke's neon-colored throb push these tunes into your head--they're in top form, aided by the tight focus of an eight-track EP, Cannibal's brevity trumping the scattershot Animal--but what makes them stick is Kesha, a pop star lacking pop star looks and a pop star voice.
    Ke$ha didn't really set the bar for intellectual heft too high on her debut, Animal, so it seems like hair-splitting to mention that even with guilty pleasures like "Cannibal" and, uh, "C U Next Tuesday," Cannibal seems to be skimping on the cleverness.