Cannibal - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Nov 22, 2010
6.5

Review this album

1. Aug 15, 2013
    It is a shame that "Cannibal" was an EP, because it had lots of potential. The best songs are "Cannibal", "The Harold Song", and "C U Next Tuesday".
  2. May 29, 2012
    Once More Ke$ha Does It Again!
    A Great Pop Dance Album! We R Who We R Is A Amazing Track!
  3. Aug 10, 2014
    The Cannibal EP acts as a refinement rather than a successor to Ke-dollar sign-ha's 2010 debut Animal. Disappointingly, her overuse of Auto-Tune and vocoders are one of the common criticisms as well as its Animal-mimicking top 40 tunes -- "We R Who We R" could surpass as a gay pride remix of "TiK ToK". But producer Dr. Luke and accompanying producers such as Ammo, Benny Blanco, and Max Martin help the '10s' most polarizing pop star serve her "animals" even more of her sassy rhymes ("I don't mean to critique on your seduction technique/But your money's not impressing me, it's kinda weak") and electronic whirlwind of backstabbing boyfriends via catchy earworm hooks ("When you grow a pear, you can call me back").

The highlights of the EP are actually her most exploratory: "The Harold Song" has a heartwrenching that could make metalheads wave their lighters and "C U Next Tuesday" turns the concept of falling in love with a friend-with-benefits into a catchy '80s vintage synthpop tune. Kesha has grown up a lot since her 'drink-until-you-love-yourself' days, attending rehab in early 2014 for an eating disorder, so maybe she'll dump Dr. Luke for a producer that has an interest in who Kesha Sebert truly is beneath all the electronic gloss. If you haven't checked out her cover of Dolly Parton's "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You", which her mother co-wrote, she's actually a very, very beautiful singer. Let's take her out of guilty pleasure territory and show more of that raw talent.
  4. Nov 30, 2010
    Ke$ha really did an aazing job on her EP. I myself am a huge fan and this was a very inticipated album for me. Ke$ha's intoxicating synths, and funky lyrics really have you dancing. She also has a softer side. "The Harold Song" is about how she misses someone who was sopecial in her ife. Overall, a really really really awesome album!
  5. May 26, 2011
    Tripe. Complete and utter tripe.
  6. Nov 24, 2010
    This album was just like the other Ke$ha album. It mix with a lot of sloppy hooks that catch out attention. We can't stop singing her songs because her songs are so catchy. Even though Ke$ha isn't a good singer or song writer she find a way to get it done. I like this album it has nice beats with catchy songs that everybody will be singing. Once again Ke$ha made a hit album. Even though I say wasn't going listen to her anymore . I cont. to listen to her. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Cannibal Is Somewhat A Better Album That Animal... In A Way....
    A Amazing Album By Ke$ha!

Below Is A List Of Song Off Cannibal And A Score Out Of 10

Crazy Beautiful Life 10/10
    Grow A Pear 10/10
    C U Next Tuesday 10/10
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    Unlike her previous album, even autotune can't save Ke$ha this time. "Blow," "The Harold Song" and "We R Who We R" were good songs, but the rest of the album was not the best.
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    Ke$ha's new EP "Cannibal" is better than her debt CD. There is a minimal use of autotune and vocoders. Her song remain as catchy as first without 'Trying too Hard.' Her new EP shows no false brattiness and stupidity. "Cannibal" the title-track is a standout because it has a new and refreshing sound. "We R Who We R" is the album's catchiest yet carefree song. "Sleazy" musically and lyrically standout of all her songs. The EP is incredibly, irresistibly catchy among all 2010 releases. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2013
    Not as many good songs on Cannibal as compared to Animal, but when put with Animal it makes for an OK album. The two songs picked for singles were probably the best ones. It's a fun album though with catchy Pop songs.
  11. Jun 20, 2014
    Muuuuuuuito bom em relação a Animal,evolução grandiosa,esquecemos até do auto tune que aparece a todo momento.
    Mas Ke$ha só se sobressai a cada album.
  12. Jun 2, 2011
    Listening to dollar-sign-girl is pure dance pop addiction. In her latest EP and major release, the drunk gal proved to be a rising dance artist with creatively nasty lyrics and poppy production excess that make sense. Though her heart is in the clubs, her music is all the more enjoyable and (rare in the pop music landscape, believe it or not) in focus.
  13. Apr 26, 2012
    Fun album yes. Great lyrics, no no no. There is absolutely no depth here with Ms. Ke$ha. I found it very superficial at times. It's a fun album to get wasted to, but nothing extremely amazing that Britney or even Christina couldn't do.
  14. May 30, 2011
    This is no masterpiece but it is way better than her debut. Most songs are pretty catchy and, while Autotune is heavily relied upon, it is not as annoying as on Animal. Standout; Blow.
  15. Jul 29, 2011
    Track By Track- Cannibal- so fresh and stuff, so electronically cool, album highlight, We R Who We R- Cool. absolutely amazing, i really like it, Sleazy- she shows off her rapping skills in this weirdo electro-hop track, Blow- repetitive and cool, super nice and i'm officially in love with it, The Harold Song- her best ballad ever, it is very sentimental and nice, Crazy Beautiful Life- nice and short quality pop music, i like it, Grow a Pear- naughty but nice dance-pop track that is pretty amazing, C U Next Tuesday- i absolutely love it! Album Highlight, Animal- this remix maybe unnecessary but it is awesome, cute ballad, dancey sort of song. Best Tracks- Cannibal, C U Next Tuesday, We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2011
    I Thought I Liked Animal...I LOVE Cannibal Ever More!
    Some Of The Best Tracks Are We R We R, Cannibal, Blow & Grow A Pear The Worst Song By Far Is Slezy.. Its Not Bad... Its Just Not The Best Son.. I Still LOVE K$!
  17. Mar 25, 2012
    Better than "Animal", sure, but not good. "We Are Who We R" is good but in this EP, like in the album, all the tracks have the same horrible and annoying sound. The biggest part of the tracks talks about glitter or parties, so there isn't a lot of substance. Better than Animal, but not good.
  18. Nov 26, 2010
    Ke$ha is an absolute idiot, with no intellect. At least with her last release we got some embarrassingly catchy songs that are tolerable at a club filled with people equally as stupid as Ke$ha. I'm sorry, but when you're saying "I am Cannibal" -- something is wrong. A lot of people also find this release to be very offensive in content; unapologetic. That would be fine if she was intelligent and her lyrics didn't suck. The point is, fellow haters -- she WILL NOT last. 50 Cent and Soulja Boy did the same thing! They got famous off one single, and their careers fell off from there because they are stupid, and weren't made for the business. Ke$ha is the same case. Enjoy your fame while it lasts, Ke$ha! Cannibal is the catalyst of your plunge into perpetual darkness. Expand
  19. Nov 25, 2010
    Ke$ha's annoying & repulsive, but sweet personality & style of songwriting has led her to make an actually decent, average pop album. Her last album "Animal", was immature & obnoxious, with about two strong points. And, the fact that that was a debut album gives no excuse for such immaturity, considering the fact that this new album "Cannibal" is out less than a year later, & in the same year. As usual for the hyper valley girl, the ballads (The Harold Song, Animal) are the strongest points. "We R Who We R" is also another strong point with unique lyrics & a catchy hook. I will never be able to get by someone with a dollar sign in their name, but Ke$ha has actually made a decent album. Props! Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2010
    As pop music goes these days, Ke$ha has definitely has shown some improvement from her previous debut effort, "Animal". Brilliantly named "Cannibal" has sick club bangers and still keeping listeners entertained with her slightly auto-tuned vocals and pop-rap style that keeps every young listener up and jumping. "We R Who We R" is the highlight of the EP, as well as the EP's self titled song "Cannibal" that could be the funniest LOL pop song in years. Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2010
    To think "We R Who We R" is Ke$ha's version of a FTW message lets you know the quality of the EP. Another garage album for a garbage pop artist with materialism presented in a materialistic manner and no real thought put into this whatsoever.
  22. Mar 8, 2011
    Ke$ha's debut studio album may have been simple and obnoxious, but anyone can admit that it was catchy and shown off her spicy, "I.D.G.A.F." personality. In stead of vanishing for another year in order to focus on a whole studio album, Ke$ha's latest Cannibal is an extended play with eight tracks that -- once again -- show off her rowdy side.

While the tracks are still autotune-heavy, and
    maybe even sound like B-sides from her predecessor, there's a bit more ingenuity in Cannibal. The lead single, "We R Who We R", is hardly different from her previous singles, but it's catchy enough to be a success. However, tracks such as "Cannibal", "Sleazy", and "Blow" are the album's standout club tracks, with rude, but involving lyrics.

Another highlight of Cannibal are its ballads, specifically "The Harold Song", which features her unlayered vocals during the verses. The lyrics are surprisingly profound, whilst her vocals are quite relaxing as well. "C U Next Tuesday" is auto-tune heavy, but classy as well, inspired by 80's bubblegum pop.

If you're not a fan of Ke$ha's auto-tune heavy soundtrack, Animal, then there's nothing here to redeem your opinion. However, if you are a fan, then Cannibal will be a gentle step forward.
  23. May 31, 2011
    Though you'll feel your IQ drop with every song you hear (from its poor grammar to its poorly named tracks like "C U Next Tuesday"), Cannibal is a handsomely produced and fun-filled album, packed with unapologetically blunt lyrics and glossy dance beats. Though its still heavily flooded with Auto Tune, there is actually some significant proof here that Ke$ha, is in fact, artist material. Its standout track is "The Harold Song", a power ballad that is shockingly deep and proves that Ke$ha can settle down from her feisty persona here and there. However, its weakest tracks are "Crazy Beautiful Life", a decent, but disappointingly dull dance track, and "Grow A Pear", which could feel at home on Katy Perry's debut album. Expand
  24. Nov 25, 2010
    Please, America, please knock some sense into yourselves. What happened to good lyrics? Natural vocals? This is not Kesha. This is a computer singing her terrible lyrics. She - as well as other generic pop stars - seem to be trying their best to imitate the only decent pop singer today: Lady Gaga. Kesha is innovative, I'll give you that - she's shown us all that you don't need talent to make it big these days: you just need nice voice editing software and you're good to go. Expand
  25. May 29, 2011
    After a slew of bad singles from her first album (with the exception of "Your Love Is My Drug"), Ke$ha's second album is surprisingly well-done. Other than "Blow", which has an annoying refrain, the album is full of energetic dance-pop, with highlights being "Sleazy" and "Crazy Beautiful Life".
  26. Apr 4, 2011
    IIIIII LLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE KKKKKKEEEEEE$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CCCAAANNNIIIBBBAAALLL FTW!!! This EP is amazing. Non stop dancing :P
  27. Mar 31, 2013
    This EP is great, full of energy and really good overall tracks. As part of Ke$has debut album Animals re-release know as Animal/Cannibal, Cannibal can also be bought as an EP. The 2 singles from the EP We R Who We R and Blow are great, definatly highlights. Personally i think the highlights of Cannibal are We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life and The Harold Song. Lyrically We R Who We R is an insperational anthem telling people to be who they are and overall an amazing song! Crazy Beautiful Life a really great song and should've been a single in my opinion! The Harold Song is a love/breakup song which is amazing! Lyrically this is the best written song on the whole album i love it! If you haven't bought/listened to this yet i advise you to! Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2011
    After her awful debut she decided to record an EP that was equally as bad. Exactly the same story - the two singles are good but the other 8 tracks are filler and all sound the same. C U next Tuseday borders on been good but that's about it. If you like ke$ha then just buy the singles and be done with - don't waste time and money buying this crap.
  29. Dec 1, 2010
    Cannibal was on my list for this week's album releases (with Pink Friday and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy). I admit that I was a bit disappointed by this EP. The songs are okay, nothing special nothing can be qualified as bad, but except for We R Who We R, I don't think that something is very good on this album, but still, we can't say any of this EP is bad. The only reason my rate isn't higher than 6/10 is because as a whole, this album sucks. I mean, that the song doesn't quite fit together, in contrast with Animal, where all the songs sounds the same. But I have to admit that the EP title was cleverly chosen. I bought the Animal Cannibal Edition and I love how it sounds. The good songs of Cannibal are : We R Who We R, Crazy Beautiful Life, The Harold Song and I have to admit that I love the funny song named Cannibal.On the good side of the album, you have to admit that Ke$ha writes ALL of her songs, which gives her more credit for me than Rihanna who wrote absolutely nothing for Loud. Anyway. If you love Ke$ha, you'll love Cannibal. I do love Ke$ha, and I do love Cannibal, but I took an objective perspective to write this review. And I think everyone should do that, not like the haters who gives zeros instantly and the fans who are doing the same but with a ten.

**UPDATE: I found it suspicious that half of the bad reviews comes from people with only Cannibal reviewed... Seriously, don't make seven incoherent reviews if your only a hater. "This album is bad" is not a review!
  30. Nov 23, 2010
    This is worse than Animal, and Animal was really really really really BAD. When will her 15 mins be up? Her songs always make me cringe when they come on the radio.

1. Dec 20, 2010
    This adjunct to "Animal" is unapologetically escapist and highly programmed fun.
  2. Dec 8, 2010
    Sure, Max Martin's hooks, and especially Dr. Luke's neon-colored throb push these tunes into your head--they're in top form, aided by the tight focus of an eight-track EP, Cannibal's brevity trumping the scattershot Animal--but what makes them stick is Kesha, a pop star lacking pop star looks and a pop star voice.
    Ke$ha didn't really set the bar for intellectual heft too high on her debut, Animal, so it seems like hair-splitting to mention that even with guilty pleasures like "Cannibal" and, uh, "C U Next Tuesday," Cannibal seems to be skimping on the cleverness.