Canopy Glow

• Release Date: Nov 18, 2008

Review this album

1. FranciscoO
    Mar 21, 2009
    Fantastic album. A few listens only scratches the surface of the music that Anthallo have created and this might dissuade impatient listeners. However, for those with the time on their hands will find a very deep, touching music created by these amazing musicians. Best album I have heard in a longtime.
  2. JustinB
    Feb 17, 2009
    Anathallo continued to produce great music with its newest album "Canopy Glow". Songs such as John J. Audobahn and Northern Lights are arguably some of the best tracks they have ever written. This album shared my "Album of the Year" honors with Good Old War.
  3. Zach
    Jan 5, 2009
    Amazing follow up from an amazing band. I don't understand all the comparisons to Sufjan Stevens. I love his music as well but where he is precise and controlled, almost robotic, Anathollo is free and daring.
  4. JonathanA.
    Dec 19, 2008
    If Sufjan Stevens ever made a bad album, it'd sound like this.
  5. AniN.
    Dec 13, 2008
    Brilliant varied and yet so cohesive. Heard this album and these guys have me hooked with their brilliant experimental sounds. There is so much beauty in rock and indie stuff - I don't know why the world is running behind hip-hop and rap.

1. Although the material could certainly stand on its own without all of its dressings, Canopy Glow is a more complete, dynamic experiment because of them.
  2. This is a marching band that’s veered way out of formation, and is making utterly original music.
  3. The unnatural and unnerving smoothness of Canopy Glow shows that if there was any one Anticon record that deserved to be called Alopecia, it's this one.