7.5

Review this album

1. ShawnF
    Oct 27, 2007
    Even better than the first. So many songs on this great CD could be singles. Good job Carrie!
  2. Dustins.
    Nov 1, 2007
    I love it Carrie and all of her cd's rocks i love all the songs especially: Just a dream
  3. MichaelN.
    Oct 25, 2007
    This is an amazing album. It might even be better than the first. My favorites are I Know You Won't and Crazy Dreams. I like to listen to every song. They are all great.
  4. GaryS.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Country album of the year 2007. This CD has something for everyone, from the traditional power ballad to the pop-country anthems. A great sophomore effort.
  5. TrentW.
    Oct 25, 2007
    No more pop sounding crap for carrie soley country
  6. HaileyR.
    Oct 26, 2007
    I give it a perfect 10. She has so many different kinds of songs on this album and I'm proud of her. So many artist's just make what you might call "mono-tone" kind of music. Her lyrics are awesome and she has an amazing voice. There are many things that we can learn from listening to her music, from love being the only thing that matters to just having fun. Two thumbs up!!
  7. anay.
    Oct 26, 2007
    A lot edgier and louder than her first cd, but very entertaining with several catchy (..."here's to the longshots, hairbrush singers, dashboard drummers...") and some funny ("...the more boys i meet, the more i love my dog?!?) lyrics. AWESOME voice range and quality!!! my favorites? all the songs EXCEPT "i know you won't" (too slow) and "i told you so." (too melodramatic).
  8. NoelL.
    Oct 27, 2007
    I think this album is as great as the first one. Some Hearts was perfect 'from cover to cover'. And this one is also.
  9. KM
    Oct 27, 2007
    I didn't think it was possible for her to top SH, but she did. This album is amazing!
  10. CherylB.
    Oct 27, 2007
    My favorites are :Just a Dream" and "Last Name." The album makes you feel a variety of emotion. Tears one minute and laughter the next. Its not "Some Hearts" but they could not do that again if they tried. But is a good sophomore CD.
  11. PeggyF.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I love it ! Go Carrie! I love country music!
  12. ChrisN
    Oct 31, 2007
    Carnival Ride is another great album by Carrie. Her big voice lends a helping hand to some of the weaker songs on the album. Overall she did a wonderful job.
  13. RobK
    Nov 2, 2007
    There is not another singer out there who can belt out a song like Carrie!!!!
  14. Victor
    Nov 4, 2007
    Great songs from the most beautiful woman...very powerful voice
  15. theresas.
    Oct 27, 2007
    It is an amazing cd! She is a wonderful singer, and she takes it to the next level on this album! Great job Carrie!
  16. muffy
    Oct 27, 2007
    Love it! Best country album this year!!
  17. SharonF
    Oct 27, 2007
    I love Some Hearts, but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Carnival Ride. Thank you Carrie for giving your fans what they want to hear!
  18. JustinF.
    Oct 28, 2007
    'Some Hearts' went triple multi platinum and 'Carnival Ride' is going down the same path. It's country-rock anthems such as 'Flat on the Floor' to her incredibly sad songs like, 'Just a Dream' and 'I Know you Won't' are amazing on this album. Her already #1 song 'So Small' is already a million dollar success and i 'Some Hearts' went triple multi platinum and 'Carnival Ride' is going down the same path. It's country-rock anthems such as 'Flat on the Floor' to her incredibly sad songs like, 'Just a Dream' and 'I Know you Won't' are amazing on this album. Her already #1 song 'So Small' is already a million dollar success and i guarantee that Underwood will keep the hits pouring out! Expand
  19. Aug 18, 2014
    I think her first album is the best but then again they're all very good albums...never get tired of her voice...She can do anything with her voice whether it be soft..
    Deep...harder (like Miranda lambert's voice) she sounds good singing it all in my opinion

1. Sound and feel do mean a lot, but country records really survive on the strength of their songs, and the remarkable thing about Carnival Ride is that it's stronger song for song than Some Hearts, some of this due to Carrie herself, who bears four songwriting credits here, often in conjunction with some permutation of Steve McEwan and Hillary Lindsey, who pen a bunch of other tunes here.
  2. It's a straight-up Carrie Underwood album, and a very good one, with a handful of romps and laments that exist mainly to set the stage for the big-voiced, '80s-influenced, Southern-accented power ballads she sings so well.
  3. Carnival Ride simply doesn't offer anything for the unconverted in terms of Underwood's growth either as a vocalist or as an artist.