Chief

8.0

Review this album

1. Jul 26, 2011
    diverse album with numerous intelligently written and sonically-layered hits...a bit of fresh air for country music...badass and my favorite country album of the year
  2. Aug 3, 2011
    I really can't think of any better way to describe Eric Church (or this album) than badass. I really enjoyed this album and it is a really different album from most others being put out by mainstream country artists right now. I didn't really think there was a standout song off the record, but they are all very good, and there is not one bad song, which is a rarity.
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    Even the songs not released as singles are good songs. Eric scored big on "Springstein" and "Like Jesus Does". Creepin is a song that is very unique and catchy. A great Cd to listen to just hanging out. One of the better albums I've listened to in a while.

1. Dec 6, 2011
    While it doesn't break any new ground and remains firmly entrenched in contemporary country's geography, it evokes the riled-up, bluesy hard country rock sound of Hank Jr. enough that it separates Church from the genre's other practitioners who are attempting the same thing.
  2. Church has always known how to write, and he's blowing here.
  3. Aug 16, 2011
    Chief is a record made for Saturday night, but it's worth playing on Sunday morning, too.