Closer to the Truth

7.3

Review this album

1. Oct 16, 2013
    This album confused me in the beginning. Being a cher fan i wondered why she would cover a miley cyrus song. I also wondered why the lead single was womans world when there were so many better songs on the album. As other critics have said the front end of the album is loaded with uptempo songs while the second half is ballad heavy. So depending upon what mood your in you know when to playThis album confused me in the beginning. Being a cher fan i wondered why she would cover a miley cyrus song. I also wondered why the lead single was womans world when there were so many better songs on the album. As other critics have said the front end of the album is loaded with uptempo songs while the second half is ballad heavy. So depending upon what mood your in you know when to play what types of music. Personally my favorite track was dressed to kill which is an upbeat dance number. Put it this way, if you loved cher and her albums believe and living proof she takes her career a step beyond. You will love the new material. I love it Expand
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Waiting is over, Cher released her 26th album breaking new records. She tried in this CD, to mix the sounds of the songs with dance and ballads, and some of them are country oriented. "Woman's World" was a really good choice for a single, but it is certainly not the best song here. She has wonderful pieces as "Sirens", "Dressed to Kill" & "Take it Like a Man", and the cover for MileyWaiting is over, Cher released her 26th album breaking new records. She tried in this CD, to mix the sounds of the songs with dance and ballads, and some of them are country oriented. "Woman's World" was a really good choice for a single, but it is certainly not the best song here. She has wonderful pieces as "Sirens", "Dressed to Kill" & "Take it Like a Man", and the cover for Miley Cyrus' track "I Hope You Find It", in which one Cher shows hidden talents in her voice. It is an excellent album for everyone, for people who have hear her music, and people who haven't. Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2016
    And talking about another underrated pearl, here it comes Closer To The Truth, another GREAT work coming from the one and only Cher. It really deserved more recognition than it had, but come on, at this point, Cher have nothing to prove. She is Cher, and that's all.
  4. Jan 16, 2014
    I expected more. There were great expectations about the new album of the "Goddess of Pop" but I'm disappointed. I thought it would an album in style "Believe" and ended up getting being a album in style "Living Proof" but nothing that took away the power of Cher. I'm excited for the "Dressed to Kill Tour".

1. Oct 10, 2013
    The first half of the album is a similar campstravganza [as single Woman's World]--Take It Like a Man indeed--but the second peters out into MOR.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    A functional album it may be but Closer To The Truth does nothing to puncture the illusions which so many love about Cher and that, ultimately, may be the best anyone can expect at this point.
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    While Closer to the Truth is smartly frontloaded with a heap of glossy South Beach bangers--including the fiery, heavenly heave of “Take It Like a Man,” the noir throb of “Dressed to Kill,” and “Red,” which hits you like a rum punch to the face--the second wind of her 26th album, presumably designed for the drive home from the club, seems to insist she’s more than a remix ingredient or Auto-tune fodder.