9.0

Review this album

1. Nov 28, 2010
    I also think his rap is trash its not what he truly feels. He is a poser trying to fake it. A pretender out for bucks, not interested in his fans or the messages contained it it.
  2. RaulT
    Sep 6, 2005
    I think his rap is trash its not what he truely feels. He doesnt rap about real life like JAy z and Nas
  3. jaimea
    Feb 14, 2004
    rehashed, uninivated,....boring!
  4. labadc
    Feb 18, 2004
    Lyrically, dude is wack. I think that hip hop fans are soooo starved for somthing that is against the norm (bling bling, money, cars clothes) that when someone comes along with something slightly different they jump on it. Unfortunately sampling an entire song, speeding it up, and placing mediocre lyrics on top doesn't not a classic make. While I'm glad West doesn't talk Lyrically, dude is wack. I think that hip hop fans are soooo starved for somthing that is against the norm (bling bling, money, cars clothes) that when someone comes along with something slightly different they jump on it. Unfortunately sampling an entire song, speeding it up, and placing mediocre lyrics on top doesn't not a classic make. While I'm glad West doesn't talk about the typical things that most rappers do, he is still inevitablely wack. Expand
  5. Finfrosk
    Sep 24, 2005
    Kanye sucks. What the hell is wrong with everyone, saying this is such a good album? It's just incredibly, mindblowingly, fantasticly boring! OH my god it's so boring! It has one song with a few good rhymes, but I don't remember the title, and I don't really care!
  6. Jeff
    Mar 28, 2004
    The fact that Kanye does not rap about money and cars and bling bling does not mean he is a "pioneer" as some choose to call him. This album is a big dissapointment, since it was expected to be one of the best hip hop albums this year. It's boring, uninspired, and unoriginal with songs about drug dealing and beating up your manager...it's all been said before.
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    schoolanduniversity.com Sensational media stories about millionaire drop-outs miss one thing: The vast majority of America's 30 million college dropouts are more likely to gain more.

1. Feb 17, 2011
    Like every hip-hop album (even the great ones), Kanye West's The College Dropout is marred by too many guest artists, too many interludes, and just too many songs period. (I challenge every hip-hop artist working today to record just one album with 12 tracks or less-no skits, no guests, no filler.)
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    Most producers who approach the mic do so at their peril, but on Dropout, West turns out to be a full-service hip-hop artiste.
    Delivers both ass-shakers and contemplative cuts.