9.1

Review this album

1. Apr 28, 2015
    Arguably West's best album, but not arguably one of the best debut album of all time, College dropout is awesome in its uniqueness and delivers a sound that assured Kanye's future to be bright.
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    Kanye’s production on this album was something new and amazing. It stands out, like the other early-2000’s hip hop albums failed to do. His lyrics were also unique. The only thing that I could say something negative about was the skits. However, these skits helped getting the feel of the album across, so I do not think this drags the album down to much.
  3. Mar 22, 2015
    7.7/10................................................................................................................................................
  4. Mar 11, 2015
    For a former rap producer, Kanye West does make a very impressive debut album. He is a role model, he is not trying to follow a fad, but is actually trying to expanding a genre that I thought was dying. With its slick production, honest songs, and a braggy but truthful persona, 'The College Dropout' will probably go down in history as one of the greatest rap albums of all time!
  5. Feb 15, 2015
    This album is considered one of the 2000's best for a reason. In terms of rapping, the lyricism and wordplay is unbeliveable ("Mayonaisse colored Benz, I push miracle whips.") The guest verses are all great too, the weakest probably being Common on "Get Em High," who seems to emphasize too much on completely average punchlines. But the production is where this album really shines. BuiltThis album is considered one of the 2000's best for a reason. In terms of rapping, the lyricism and wordplay is unbeliveable ("Mayonaisse colored Benz, I push miracle whips.") The guest verses are all great too, the weakest probably being Common on "Get Em High," who seems to emphasize too much on completely average punchlines. But the production is where this album really shines. Built almost entirely on sped up samples of Soul, Gospel and R&B classics, these instrumentals take the mood of their original sources and give them a fresh modern mood with hard hitting drums. In terms of subject matter, this album will definitely get you thinking, Kanye intelligently examines his past on personal tracks such as "Never Let Me Down," "Spaceship," and "Through the Wire," but throughout the album makes us contemplate issues such as religion, gang violence, the minimum wage, racism and even (on a hilarious satirical track) work out plans. At the same time, he gives us room to have fun on playful jams like "School Spirit" and "Slow Jamz" which shows the talents of Chicago peer Twista. Overall, one of the most complete collections of music I've ever heard and will leave you feeling refreshed after finishing it. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say? Lyricism-wise, this album isn't the best. Of course, Kanye has his moments of good rhymes, and enjoyable punch lines, but it's nothing special.
    Production-wise, this album is almost perfect. Unbelievable production, with arguably the best use of sampling in hip hop history, this album's beats are perfection. They're groundbreaking, and thoroughly enjoyable.
    But another deal is: what's he rapping about? The topics on this album range from his accident that caused him to want to rap even more, and even Jesus! Very nice to hear Kanye rap about such things, because, when was the last time you heard a mainstream rapper rap about Jesus? His dedication to rap is truly shown on Through the Wire, which he raps with a piece of metal stuck in his chin due to his car crash, and with a fitting 'Through the Fire' sample.
    This album is, as aforementioned, groundbreaking and completely original. Nothing like it has been done before, which makes this a legendary album, and a hip hop classic.
  7. Feb 4, 2014
    College Dropout is, and always will be, a classic. It's perhaps the most industry-changing hip-hop album of all time. The entire album flows effortlessly, with fun, intelligent, and uplifting beats. This is the debut of a legend. ~ 9.6/10

Best track: "Family Business"
    Other notable tracks: "Jesus Walks", "Through The Wire", "Last Call", "Never Let Me Down" & "All Falls Down"
  8. Jan 20, 2014
    Way before Kanye West received international fame and millions upon millions of dollars because of his music and record sales, he was in College struggling and working graveyard shifts at terrible jobs where he'd get pushed around by his manager whom which he really wanted to hurt. Before he became self-indulgent and exploited his fame and money, he made a record with some of the best soulWay before Kanye West received international fame and millions upon millions of dollars because of his music and record sales, he was in College struggling and working graveyard shifts at terrible jobs where he'd get pushed around by his manager whom which he really wanted to hurt. Before he became self-indulgent and exploited his fame and money, he made a record with some of the best soul samples ever put into a record. Not to mention his knack for wordplay, which he seems exceptionally clever at on this record.

All I All, Kanye West will never make an album quite like this ever again. B+
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    His best album ever tbh. I didn't listen to the whole record yet but I've loved everything till now. My highlights are We don't care, All falls down, Jesus walks & School spirit. The College Dropout should have won that Grammy for Album of the Year.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Looking back on Kanye's discography, this album is definitely the most important. College Dropout gives his background and shows his purpose. This album touches on his struggle to become a musician, the wrongdoings of society, his dreams, and family. I cannot explain exactly what this album is and what it means to me; it is one you have to listen to yourself and find your own message fromLooking back on Kanye's discography, this album is definitely the most important. College Dropout gives his background and shows his purpose. This album touches on his struggle to become a musician, the wrongdoings of society, his dreams, and family. I cannot explain exactly what this album is and what it means to me; it is one you have to listen to yourself and find your own message from it. I have never heard an album that has vividly expressed one's inner struggle such as College Dropout does. Expand
  11. Aoi
    Oct 12, 2013
    The soul samples and the socially concious lyrics make this one of my favourite albums of all time. Definitely a certified classic. Maybe breathe in breathe out could of been, err, trashed?
  12. Jun 18, 2013
    I have this album on vinyl, oh my oh my is it amazing. The soul samples sound great on warm vinyl and Kanye's lyrics were absent of bragging unlike his newer albums. The production on this album destroys everything else released during the 2000s and alone deserves the high praise this album has. The rapping is great too, Yeezy may not be the best rapper but he sure does have enough talentI have this album on vinyl, oh my oh my is it amazing. The soul samples sound great on warm vinyl and Kanye's lyrics were absent of bragging unlike his newer albums. The production on this album destroys everything else released during the 2000s and alone deserves the high praise this album has. The rapping is great too, Yeezy may not be the best rapper but he sure does have enough talent to carry the album with guests. Expand
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    Sensational debut. From the classic street-life opener, "We Don't Care", to the social/self critique of "All Falls Down", the soulful r&b bump'n'grind of "Slow Jams", the charging church choir-surged "Jesus Walks", or the near-death experience/hip-hop rebirth revelation that is "Through The Wire", this was a record that kept me not only in love, but returning time and time again. ThisSensational debut. From the classic street-life opener, "We Don't Care", to the social/self critique of "All Falls Down", the soulful r&b bump'n'grind of "Slow Jams", the charging church choir-surged "Jesus Walks", or the near-death experience/hip-hop rebirth revelation that is "Through The Wire", this was a record that kept me not only in love, but returning time and time again. This demonstrated purely what followed, the introduction and eventual blooming of one of rap's/pop's/art's biggest egos and biggest icons. 8.5/10 Expand
  14. Apr 12, 2013
    schoolanduniversity.com Sensational media stories about millionaire drop-outs miss one thing: The vast majority of America's 30 million college dropouts are more likely to gain more.
  15. Apr 9, 2013
    Lyrically great and production wise top 10. A great start into the game as Kanye started out great. One of the best hip-hop releases in the past 20 years.
  16. Mar 11, 2013
    Kanye West's first album is above one of the most strongest albums ever, creating meaningful and awesome rap songs that will never get old. Ever.
  17. Mar 9, 2013
    IMO the best debut rap album of all time. the beats are insane, the album came out in a time where the world needed it the most, the lyrics are incredible and witty. this album is as good as mainstream/soul/r&b hip-hop gets
  18. Jan 4, 2013
    A near flawless start to one of the greatest album trajectories of this generation, College Dropout is the record that established Kanye West as a force in the music industry. He may not be the greatest rapper, but he knows how to use his sampler and revamps classic soul songs to make enjoyable modern hits.
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    West's debut head-bopper is just that: a head-bopper. "Dropout" tries to accomplish a tough juggling act - paying equal attention to subverting braggadocious hip-hop cliches and embracing them (if a bit sarcastically) to make a more lively, enjoyable album. Unfortunately, this juggling comes across as hypocrisy rather than compromise for the sake of art. Because of this, even inWest's debut head-bopper is just that: a head-bopper. "Dropout" tries to accomplish a tough juggling act - paying equal attention to subverting braggadocious hip-hop cliches and embracing them (if a bit sarcastically) to make a more lively, enjoyable album. Unfortunately, this juggling comes across as hypocrisy rather than compromise for the sake of art. Because of this, even in "Dropout"'s most magnificent moments - of which there are many - it largely doesn't work contextually. Regardless, terrific production, awesome vocals and some hilarious, even poignant story interludes make this worth plenty of attention even with its faults. Expand
  20. Aug 16, 2012
    I can't claim to be a big fan of hip hop/rap. I won't go out and buy a record from this genre, but occasionally someone will pass me an album and I'll give it a listen and enjoy it. I like a lot of Jay-Z's stuff. Kanye West is another rapper who I can listen to. This, his debut is a strong record, got some great backing tracks going on and some really clever rhymes going on. The productionI can't claim to be a big fan of hip hop/rap. I won't go out and buy a record from this genre, but occasionally someone will pass me an album and I'll give it a listen and enjoy it. I like a lot of Jay-Z's stuff. Kanye West is another rapper who I can listen to. This, his debut is a strong record, got some great backing tracks going on and some really clever rhymes going on. The production is superb. I do have a gripe about couple of the tracks though. I don't mind the occasional use of the F word, at times it will heighten or emphasise an emotion or sentiment but I don't understand the need for excessive F-bombs and motherfing all over the shop one a few of the tracks here. It's pointless, ruins an otherwise very clever record and just conforms to stereotype. This guy is articulate enough to get his point across without resorting to gutter language. I guess that's just a feature of the genre but at times really turns me off. Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2012
    Perhaps the best album of the entire decade. This album is so fresh, so unique, so beautiful. His lyricism is outstanding, and the subject matter is different for once. This is revolutionary, and Hip Hop, and music as a whole, needs Kanye West. Fantastic, brilliant album.
  22. Apr 25, 2012
    There are good moments here, but the album is rarely great. Kanye demonstrates his incredible creativity as a producer, but he lacks the vocal tone to be a great rapper. His voice always feels a little stilted. On the two best tracks - "Spaceship" and "Two Words" - West must rely on others to supply many of the best rhymes.
  23. Feb 20, 2012
    It has quite a legacy in redefining modern hip-hop which was in desperate need of changing as its mainstream popularity began to dip. The College Dropout, whilst filled with an annoying quantity of skits is also reasonably consistent and inventive.
  24. Oct 7, 2011
    absolutely a great album whoever says that this wasnt good should go commit suicide . this is kanyes most personal album and it showed. Pure genius one of the best rap albums ever
  25. j30
    Sep 28, 2011
    A strong debut from the producer who brought us Jay-Z's (excellent) The Blueprint record. His rhymes are sometimes funny and poignant. He's one of Hip-Hop's best right now.
  26. Aug 17, 2011
    Incredible, this is where it all started. So sit down and enjoy one of the greatest rappers on one of the greatest rap albums. classic.
    Then go out and have a listen to all his others, each being superb in their own individual ways.
  27. Aug 8, 2011
    Released on February 10, 2004, on Roc-A-Fella Records
    Kanye was not new to the rap scene, but with The College Dropout he introduced himself as not only as a dope
    producer but a talented rapper. Every track is pure Kanye gold; itâ
  28. Aug 6, 2011
    Probably one of the realest hip hop albums of all time.
  29. Jun 12, 2011
    Terrific album, lots of tracks make you nervous at first, thinking that it must lose it's stride along the way, but College Dropout delivers, it is a classic album, and in my opinion one of the best debut albums of all time. Kanye let's the audience get perspectives on life that are thoughtful and heart warming, my favourite track is spaceship. Kanye West rises to fame with this album forTerrific album, lots of tracks make you nervous at first, thinking that it must lose it's stride along the way, but College Dropout delivers, it is a classic album, and in my opinion one of the best debut albums of all time. Kanye let's the audience get perspectives on life that are thoughtful and heart warming, my favourite track is spaceship. Kanye West rises to fame with this album for a reason. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2011
    Best transition from someone was a Producer who turned to a Rapper. Kanye made his mark with style and that whole world knew he was from the groundbreaking Through the Wire to Jesus Walks and Family Business. Kanye managed to put in his religious views into the his Album with positive feedback from Fans and Critics alike. He may not be the best lyricist but he is certainly a deep one.
  31. May 8, 2011
    this had some good songs i love kanye for his production not for his rapping ability. but this album was pretty good i liked it. but its not my personal favorite kanye album. but yes this album is very listenable.
  32. Apr 21, 2011
    The best debut rap album of all time. get rich or die tryin is the only other one that comes close. a must have classic and my favorite rap album of all time 5.All eyez on Me
    4.The Chronic 2001
    3.Get Rich or Die Tryin
    2.The Eminem Show
    1.The College Dropout
  33. Nov 28, 2010
    I also think his rap is trash its not what he truly feels. He is a poser trying to fake it. A pretender out for bucks, not interested in his fans or the messages contained it it.
  34. Nov 9, 2010
    not surprised that he amazed me with this album but i wouldn't feel right giving it a 10 but it is worth buying and listening too it is amazing nothing but good things but some songs i wouldnt keep on my on the go playlist
  35. Aug 14, 2010
    One of the best debut albums ever made.

One of the best debut albums ever made.

Before this album, Kanye West didn't become the ruler he is today. He was the acclaimed producer of Blueprint who served up hit tracks one after another. But his real dream was to become a rapper and that was a difficult task. In an industry dominated by gangsta rap and hardcore rap, it was hard for a backpacker like Kanye West to shine. But those troubles are furthermore reason why College Dropout is one of the best debut albums ever. Why? Because he overcame them with one HUGE leap.

Kanye isn't the gangsta/hustler type. He is the average guy who has something to say. He discusses various topics like college education, his drop out, materialism, consumerism, religion and its role in music among others. Not expected of a normal rap album because it sounds too normal. But that is the beauty of the album. West fearlessly dares to rap about things that don't include money, crack, girls, or clothes. And he does it with his own style that is powerful and engaging. He can be funny and serious at the same time. Lyrically, he isn't half-bad. He is able to interest his audience throughout the course of the album.

And the production? Oh man. The beats are surprisingly so catchy yet inventive. Jesus Walks features a pounding club peat and chants that accompany his messages of Jesus and lack of God on radio simply because there is no profitability. And The New Workout Plan features a booty shaker that is laced with Middle Eastern violins.

West's wordplay is still to be developed and some songs feel like filler tracks. Nonetheless, College Dropout is an outstanding achievement by one so normal to most of us yet so unique to his fellow rap peers.
  36. mikec
    Jul 14, 2009
    awesome
  37. BarbarannetteM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    I like this very hot.
  38. HaroldJ.
    Jul 17, 2007
    one of the hottest albums of all time lyrics are undeniable and the beats are amazing long live G.O.O.D. music
  39. DavidJ.
    Jun 24, 2007
    A Hip Hop Classic.
  40. ManManManManManManManManManMan
    Jun 24, 2007
    WOW. Now if I could give halves it would just be like a 9.5, because of the skits taking up such valuable track time. But aside from that, this is the most refreshing Hip Hop album in a long time, and Kanye West is one of the few mainstream artists people should welcome with open arms.
  41. DanA
    Dec 5, 2006
    Amazing. When I first heard Kanye I thought it was just another solid rapper coming up. But the production on this album is far above great and the lyrics are more than solid. Kanye is the best well-rounded rapper, or maybe even music artist in general, of today.
  42. ghqjhhejghjhlj
    Oct 27, 2006
    the shti for real....
  43. WaelH
    Aug 15, 2006
    This is the best album in the freaking world .. and the best artist also !!!! kanye west .. a true singer not like all the other bitches who dnt even write there songs..
  44. THOMAST
    Jun 16, 2006
    It's the best album what i heard in my life, i love this album, the song are various, the featurings are terrible!!! (Sorry for the fault i'm French )
  45. JeremyE
    Apr 27, 2006
    This cd is an incredible debut. College dropout is incredible. best of 2004 hands down
  46. LeanneS
    Apr 26, 2006
    this was an amazing cd, it expressed itself with a lot of humor!!! it made me feel very excited wen i listened to it.Thankyoun kanye u rok my world!!! luv ya xx
  47. MichaelW
    Apr 6, 2006
    Excelent songs
  48. emilyw
    Feb 28, 2006
    collage dropout is the best album i have (and late registration lol) it was realeased on my birthday to im a really big fan of kanye and its a definate ten hands down he's so insperational i LOVE him his albums the best !!!!!!!!!! thnx 4 letting me share
  49. AaronCo
    Jan 17, 2006
    One of the best albums ever made! Kanye is sick!
  50. PepaS
    Jan 10, 2006
    This cd was really nice one of the best of 2004
  51. RandyG
    Dec 31, 2005
    College Dropout is the best rao CD of all time. Kanye west is a legend!
  52. ThomasD
    Dec 25, 2005
    Whether you agree with Kanye's political views or not, you have to agree that he can articulate his points very well and sell them to the targeted audience even better. His lyrics along with his new spin on hip hop have brought him to the top of the industry for a good reason. He is uniquely fantastic.
  53. DankyM
    Nov 21, 2005
    lame lame lame............................it is good to see some kind of diversity in mainstream hip hop but come on when you put it against the other rap album released that year Madvillainy. Boy in da corner Grey Album it aint nothing
  54. brycet
    Nov 17, 2005
    Kayne is the greatest!!!!
  55. Finfrosk
    Sep 24, 2005
    Kanye sucks. What the hell is wrong with everyone, saying this is such a good album? It's just incredibly, mindblowingly, fantasticly boring! OH my god it's so boring! It has one song with a few good rhymes, but I don't remember the title, and I don't really care!
  56. RaulT
    Sep 6, 2005
    I think his rap is trash its not what he truely feels. He doesnt rap about real life like JAy z and Nas
  57. RobY
    Aug 19, 2005
    Seriously, aint no betta album, i love this guy
  58. aliciac
    Aug 19, 2005
    very good!! only b chance i got the album
  59. Cope
    Jul 4, 2005
    Has some good beats, and listenable subject matter. However, the sped up soul jacks (beats) get tiresome and receive way more credit than they deserve. Kanye's lyrical ability is non-existant, though you can pretend like you're not listening.
  60. J.M.Sarabia
    May 28, 2005
    Kanye West gives you something different from ordinary rap/ hip hop. He has a perfect balance of songs. From songs Spaceship to Jesus Walks to Slow Jamz, he gives different flavors of music. There were times when I thought there was room for improvement, lyrically on a few songs. Kaywe West gives incredible production as well. Technically I'm giving the album 9.5. This album leaves Kanye West gives you something different from ordinary rap/ hip hop. He has a perfect balance of songs. From songs Spaceship to Jesus Walks to Slow Jamz, he gives different flavors of music. There were times when I thought there was room for improvement, lyrically on a few songs. Kaywe West gives incredible production as well. Technically I'm giving the album 9.5. This album leaves you urging for more Kanye. 2.We Don't Care 8/10 4.All Falls Down 9.5/10 6.Spaceship 10/10 7.Jesus Walks 10/10 8.Never Let Me Down 9.5/10 9.Get Em High 7.5/10 11.The New Workout Plan 10/10 12.Slow Jamz 10/10 13.Breathe in Breathe Out 7/10 15.School Spirit 9.5/10 18.Two Words 10/10 19.Through the Wire 9.5/10 20.Family Business 10/10 21.Last Call 10/10 Expand
  61. matta
    May 27, 2005
    There is alot of filler but even with it there are still 14 or so legitimate(and mostly good)hip-hop tracks. Hands down, one of the best rap albums of the year.
  62. Figz
    May 7, 2005
    This rap c.d. is so fuckin diff... how can it not get a good mark? Every song is awesome either its by lyrical beats or themes its all good.
  63. jamesb
    May 1, 2005
    i think it was the coldest cd of the year
  64. DanK
    Apr 25, 2005
    Kanye is ruining hip-hop. He has some fly lyrics, but he shadows them my trying to appeal to people who just listen to the beats. If he's gonna make a rap album, he should make a rap album, not push his producing career.
  65. nikkib
    Apr 17, 2005
    Over a year later and this album is still tight!!!
  66. marcellw
    Mar 29, 2005
    Best hip-hop album I've ever bought.
  67. Max
    Feb 22, 2005
    Killin y'all n****z on that lyrical s**t Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips
  68. MaxD
    Feb 22, 2005
    kanye is awesome. definitally the best album i've bought. this isthe only CD i own that i can listen 2 the whole thing without skipping a single track
  69. Mikkel
    Feb 19, 2005
    genious!!!
  70. SteveG
    Feb 15, 2005
    simply amazing. covers an amazing variety of subjects with fresh beats and rhymes. worth listening to simply to justify dropping out of college. one of the only albums i've listened to lately with an actual thesis that is proven.
  71. ChrisB
    Feb 13, 2005
    Jesus Walks is my anthem 'nuff said -Chris
  72. dom.
    Jan 22, 2005
    this is an awesome album! it's good to see someone supporting the Man above!
  73. GregP
    Jan 20, 2005
    the best
  74. PeterO
    Jan 13, 2005
    Being the best hiphop album since Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty, College Droput gave me renewed faith in a genre beset by soulless "bling bling" fakers. A must buy if I ever heard one!
  75. angela
    Dec 28, 2004
    the cd is just so wakeing dude you know what mean by wakeing it radical
  76. PatrickS
    Dec 11, 2004
    Man, this CD was off the hook. Kanya rocks...his lyrics really shows the struggles in life, dat ppl face. He got skillz, both as rapper and produce. Best rapper ever after 2pac. Cant wait for his next album....
  77. BrianaS
    Nov 10, 2004
    Kanye West's College Dropout album displayed real life struggles with the mantality of reaching out to the youth. He reflects on the difficulties, yet also, the love passion , and thanks for the life he has been given.
  78. ryanb
    Nov 10, 2004
    I hope this brings a certain change in hip hop,black music has had its ganster stage. Its goin back to a soul full tune, and a blues style beat, and singin about things that can change in life, positive as well as the the negatives. And the positives are not just 'bling' and rollin on 21's which frankly bore the life outta me, who wants to sing about gold and chrome? Well i I hope this brings a certain change in hip hop,black music has had its ganster stage. Its goin back to a soul full tune, and a blues style beat, and singin about things that can change in life, positive as well as the the negatives. And the positives are not just 'bling' and rollin on 21's which frankly bore the life outta me, who wants to sing about gold and chrome? Well i cant relate to it as a listener. Expand
  79. manchisehmmmm
    Nov 8, 2004
    no doubt pipz... tha album iz dope.. kanye got crazy drumz.. but his not as an mc.. his creatz crazyass jamz fo other artist.. lik jigga.. but his not tha best mc out there... HIZ A GUY WHO TALKZ IN HIS Jamz creatively..
  80. steveyup
    Oct 26, 2004
    this cd is ridiculous.
  81. daniellee
    Oct 25, 2004
    Best Album of the year
  82. GordonS
    Oct 17, 2004
    Incredible work. Kanye West is not one of the top rappers around, but he delivers an amazing message and knows how to make beats fit his style.
  83. tonyb
    Oct 13, 2004
    wow
  84. johnB
    Oct 4, 2004
    Best cd i've ever listened to
  85. QuanishaW
    Sep 26, 2004
    This CD College DropOut is Hot. I Love this Cd. This is one of my favorite Cd's. Kanye I wish you good luck and make some more hot CD's. Love Ya, Quanisha Williams
  86. ChristinaT
    Sep 22, 2004
    I love all the songs on this cd!!!!!!!!
  87. JoshE
    Sep 21, 2004
    This album was the BOMB!
  88. RachaelR
    Sep 20, 2004
    I think Kanye is a musical genious.He has something to say that is actually meaningful, unlike other rappers who just want to talk about how much they have or how much they can get. I couldnt agree more than i do now on well Kanye is doing as an artist,role model,and man.If hes there somewhere .... Hello from NY to you Kanye. Rachael R.
  89. carlosr
    Sep 19, 2004
    I am an amateur rapper and producer and the way he raps and the way his beats rock just make me wanna do it more.
  90. PaulS
    Sep 18, 2004
    Now I usually like the rock music. Actually no; I usually ONLY like the rock music. But this album is so good! I heard Jesus walks on TV and absolutly loved it. No more rappers 'talking' about cars and 'bootys'. This has made me have a new found respect for hip-hop music!
  91. LateishaS
    Aug 31, 2004
    Name one rapper that talks about god in a postive way while swearing. He has had the best cd I have ever listend to
  92. RileyN
    Aug 19, 2004
    Its the best album ever made every song is a hit!!!
  93. Katie-laura
    Aug 17, 2004
    Family Business and school spirit the two best song on this album yet the only one's mentioned r jesus walks and the other 1's people should b given a chance to hear these they r great oh and kayne west is fit
  94. msizzlefoshizzle
    Jul 17, 2004
    Is there anything you can really say. Just sick(in a good way)
  95. mikec
    Jul 17, 2004
    awesome
  96. deedeethegreat
    Jul 6, 2004
    KANYE WEST IS THE CRAZIEST, FUNNIEST, DOPEST and the most CHEERFUl RAPPER EVER... COLLEGE DROPOUT is the best album of 2004..woRDD
  97. samlast
    Jun 28, 2004
    its alllllllll good!
  98. BenM
    Jun 18, 2004
    It is excellent. Kanye rules Through the wire n slow jamz are amazing
  99. DanC
    Jun 12, 2004
    This is the best CD of 2004 so far!
  100. ritas
    Jun 6, 2004
    It has songs on it that I can listen to with my mother and my 9 year old sister. Some of the songs aren't for everybody but I love the cd. I listen to it everynight before I go to bed and in the morning before I leave home. It is just awesome I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

1. Feb 17, 2011
    Like every hip-hop album (even the great ones), Kanye West's The College Dropout is marred by too many guest artists, too many interludes, and just too many songs period. (I challenge every hip-hop artist working today to record just one album with 12 tracks or less-no skits, no guests, no filler.)
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    Most producers who approach the mic do so at their peril, but on Dropout, West turns out to be a full-service hip-hop artiste.
    Delivers both ass-shakers and contemplative cuts.