• Record Label: 4AD
  • Release Date: Feb 13, 2001
8.8

Review this album

1. Jan 23, 2012
    I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies. I love Pixies.
  2. May 25, 2011
    Pixies Have to be one of my favorite bands out there, and there complete B-sides was terrific! Manta Ray, and into the white are my favorite songs from this masterpiece, pick it up today.
  3. JeremyG
    Jan 4, 2004
    What makes an album laughably *good*? How about when the drummer's twisted ode to Debbie Gibson is better than most modern rock bands' A-material? A perfect addition to the Pixies' studio albums, like an exotic dessert after a five-star meal. Both Neil Young covers are brilliant.
  4. AdamT
    Apr 24, 2003
    Spot on, diggity good, just plain brilliant. Could have been better? Not bloody likely.
  5. BenC.
    Oct 9, 2002
    Agreed, the version of River Euphrates is even better than the original. And the Pixies B-sides are just a lot of fun.
  6. JohnP.
    May 14, 2001
    A must have. The version of river euphrates makes it worth the price of admission.

1. Fortunately, the depth of great songs written by Francis results in something that feels more like a proper album of still-dynamic psycho-rock than a shoddy cash-in.
  2. Many of their B-sides are just as good as their album tracks, so it's terrific to see them collected onto a single disc. But a number of factors make it somewhat disappointing, not the least of which is that Complete B-Sides is available only as a U.K. import, due to U.S. licensing problems.
  3. It goes without saying that the Pixies' b-sides don't make for an average, run-of-the-mill outtakes compilation, as many of the songs are almost or equally as radiant as the more fortunate tracks that made it to the five classics between 1987 and 1991.