• Record Label: Sony
8.4

Review this album

1. GW
    Sep 5, 2007
    Overrated...I can't believe all of the high scores for this album. Annoyingly over-produced Nashville singles all thrown together. All I hear is Avril Lavigne with a twang.
  2. MattD.
    May 22, 2007
    I don't agree with her politics, but this is the country CD to beat in 2007. Makes Gretchen Wilson look like a poseur. There are non-cliched lyrics, and she's equally comfortable on rabble-rousers as she is on the gentle "Desperation."
  3. ZachP
    Jun 6, 2009
    Simple, fun, exciting. One of the best country albums of the decade and one of the best I've ever heard. It works on all levels. Miranda Lambert has it all: an attitude and an intriguing soft side. Desperation will go down as one of the best lovelorn country songs since Crazy by Patsy Cline. I loved this album!
  4. ChrisA
    Jun 4, 2007
    Er...what makes this ordinary voice and sound worth a 10? It's good but not great in my opinion.
  5. FoenixirF
    Nov 2, 2008
    this album deserves all the awards it received, i can't wait for miranda's next work!
  6. StrokerAce
    Dec 3, 2007
    Miranda is a breath of fresh air in the world of country music. She is an artist with vision & career longevity. Craxy Ex Girlfriend is with no doubt the best release of 2007.
  7. TJW
    May 13, 2007
    It's nice to see there's no immature people giving this a 1 without giving it a chance just because it's country. Fucking idiots.
  8. ChirsM
    May 16, 2007
    True, TJW. Great record (if not a 10)!
  9. RebeccaL
    May 17, 2007
    I love her fiery attitude. She's not afraid to speak her mind and be strong. I love it when young, pretty girls come off strong and independent. It lets the world know that they're not all damsels in distress and singing nothing but "poor me" lyrics. Miranda definitely stands out!
  10. JohnnyS
    May 17, 2007
    Oh ffs, it's country!!!
  11. JennyY
    May 22, 2007
    Her first album was amazing, just as this one is. Her songwriting skills shine, and her voice is beautiful.
  12. TravisT.
    Jun 25, 2007
    I liked the album and I'm a guy. There were alot of songs made for women, but over all it was pretty good
  13. RyanK
    Jul 15, 2007
    Miranda Lambert's catalog is going to be outstanding if she continues her winning streak. This is a phenomenal record and is a great companion piece to her first album "Kerosene." I love her work, and I generally despise modern country.
  14. NickM
    Jan 7, 2008
    AWSOME cd! it has a lot of emotion, a ton of energy in some places, and some great slower songs as well....good country-rock, and occassionally dabbles in the more traditional spectrum of country, however is certainly a modern country album.....as far as today's country music goes, its a very good album.
  15. MorgaineH
    May 18, 2007
    Go Miranda you rock my world and your my Idol. I love crazy Ex girl friend
  16. DebbieW
    May 26, 2007
    CEG..has to be one of the best country albums of this year or any year....Miranda rocks, the songs rock, such a great variety of songs...Miranda is here to stay....
  17. BertE
    May 31, 2007
    Lambert continues to grow by leaps and bounds as a songwriter and interpreter.
  18. SteveM.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Some decent melodic stuff going on in some of these songs, but let's get real here; a strong, "independent" woman singing just-barely-more-interesting-than-usual country vocals though God knows how many vocal processors and pitch shifters over studio musicians playing cookie-cutter "modern" country rock with a slide guitar occasionally thrown in for legitimacy does not make for an Some decent melodic stuff going on in some of these songs, but let's get real here; a strong, "independent" woman singing just-barely-more-interesting-than-usual country vocals though God knows how many vocal processors and pitch shifters over studio musicians playing cookie-cutter "modern" country rock with a slide guitar occasionally thrown in for legitimacy does not make for an all-time classic. Expand
  19. Jan 24, 2011
    Miranda Lambert captures some fine stuff on her second album; the culture and talks of locals in "Famous in a Small Town", the brokenhearted sadness of love in "Desperation" and the loaded powerhouse of "Dry Town". It's all fun, and it's all thrilling to listen to, and although it's polished sound is pretty much all over the place, it actually benefits to the album's strengths. One of theMiranda Lambert captures some fine stuff on her second album; the culture and talks of locals in "Famous in a Small Town", the brokenhearted sadness of love in "Desperation" and the loaded powerhouse of "Dry Town". It's all fun, and it's all thrilling to listen to, and although it's polished sound is pretty much all over the place, it actually benefits to the album's strengths. One of the best albums of 2007. Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2011
    This album is absolute perfection. It is one of the most amazing country albums I have ever heard. From the amazing opening track "Gunpowder & Lead" to the title track "Crazy-Ex Girlfriend", you will be singing along to these hits well after you have stopped listening to the songs (which in my case, I have yet to stop >

1. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend would have been impressive if it was just a showcase of her strengths as a singer or as a songwriter, but since it is both, it's simply stunning, a breakthrough for Lambert and one of the best albums of 2007, regardless of genre.
  2. A knockout punch.
  3. Best-known for her flame-throwing hit "Kerosene," Miranda Lambert delivers more of the same on her new album. [5 May 2007]