Cry

8.4

Review this album

1. TacoR
    Jan 7, 2003
    Anything by Faith is great. Mmm she is a fine ass yummy mummy.
  2. AmandaC
    Nov 2, 2002
    Superb!! By far one of her best albums ever....you can "FEEL" it. The emotion & feeling of it all....purely wonderful & easy to relate to. My fav. songs---"Cry" & "This Is Me"...but, I must say EVERY song on this cd is awesome...perfect in every way!
  3. jennyl
    Nov 9, 2002
    I Love It!!!! It is different, I know she can do anything, sing anything, and it will always sound great! I have all of her cd's, Cry and Breathe are my favorite. This one is not so country, my opinion is that, Faith Hill is the BEST! I wish I had half her talent, and nobody could say anything to change my mind!!!!
  4. AmandaP
    Jun 13, 2003
    Faith, Great job on you're new cd. I love it. I love your music no matter what kind of Genre it is. I know where your roots are and I am glad that you are doing things that you think you should do them. Other wise, it wouldn't be fun to you if you were singing the type of songs everyone else wants you to sing. Who cares if it isn't country, just as long as it is good and Faith, Great job on you're new cd. I love it. I love your music no matter what kind of Genre it is. I know where your roots are and I am glad that you are doing things that you think you should do them. Other wise, it wouldn't be fun to you if you were singing the type of songs everyone else wants you to sing. Who cares if it isn't country, just as long as it is good and you can feel it in your SOUL!!! Expand
    Nov 13, 2002
    Great CD! Not Repetitive, easy & fun to listen too! Go buy it now!!!! Go FAITH!
  6. YeeKatherine
    Nov 2, 2002
    A new and more edgy Faith Hill......very wonderful
  7. MaiderI.
    Oct 22, 2002
    Oh well what can I say?? I love CRY!!! I'm listening to it all the time. Go and get it, 14 amazing songs are waiting for you there :D
  8. Steve
    Dec 24, 2002
    Faith Hill is primarily "country", but this CD is definitely not country...but it's not "rock", either...it's simply "Faith", which says it all. She is an incredibly talented woman, and I don't think her talent can be caged inside a genre...her music is simply "Faith". Good to see her expand her horizons beyond "pure country", because her talent is so much bigger than one Faith Hill is primarily "country", but this CD is definitely not country...but it's not "rock", either...it's simply "Faith", which says it all. She is an incredibly talented woman, and I don't think her talent can be caged inside a genre...her music is simply "Faith". Good to see her expand her horizons beyond "pure country", because her talent is so much bigger than one genre or another. I love this CD; Faith isn't intimidated by any approach to a song...she can do it all, and do it with the incredible talent that Top 40 music lost so long ago. With each new release, Faith Hill just keeps getting better. If she ever does a "greatest hits", it's going to have to be a supersized box-set! Expand
  9. KevinC.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Don't bother with the review from Rolling Stone. He's looking for the meaning of life to be on the Cry CD. Faith sings songs that'll give you goose bumps. Beautiful - the song that'll give you goosebumps every time you play. Since I'm too lazy to check I'd almost bet that the same song writer for Faith is the same on who writes for Celine. Well produced, Don't bother with the review from Rolling Stone. He's looking for the meaning of life to be on the Cry CD. Faith sings songs that'll give you goose bumps. Beautiful - the song that'll give you goosebumps every time you play. Since I'm too lazy to check I'd almost bet that the same song writer for Faith is the same on who writes for Celine. Well produced, clean and very easy to listen too over and over. Good call for Faith to "make the switch" Expand
  10. ElizabethC
    Jan 18, 2003
    I like all of Faith Hill's albums. She is an incredible singer. However, I wouldn't give the album a 9 or 10 because I think she's done better on other albums.
  11. ElalineO
    Feb 24, 2003
    Go back to country, Faith. This is Disgusting---on and on and on the same thing. Did you just "cut and paste"? Also, your appearance at the Grammys was a DISGRACE. Shame on you!
  12. EllenAnonymous
    Feb 24, 2003
    Repetitive, boring, after a while you know exactly where she's going. No real emotion--waste of money.
  13. marsham
    Feb 24, 2003
    "Country Superstar"??? This is NOT country. It's screaming and crying and not al all pleasing. Don't waste your money on this one. Faith, GO BACK TO COUNTRY and think about your songs before you lose all your fans.
  14. RobM
    Dec 14, 2004
    I wanted to hate this album, and didn't buy it when it first came out, though I had all Hill's previous albums. I knew where it was coming from, knew it wasn't country, and was going to be more Celine Dion than anything, but then I saw it going cheap in a sale... ...And I can't quite hate it as much as I thought I was going to. Never mind the style of the song, I do I wanted to hate this album, and didn't buy it when it first came out, though I had all Hill's previous albums. I knew where it was coming from, knew it wasn't country, and was going to be more Celine Dion than anything, but then I saw it going cheap in a sale... ...And I can't quite hate it as much as I thought I was going to. Never mind the style of the song, I do miss steel guitar and fiddle, banjo, mandolin. I don't care for Dolly or Emmylou, but I like the texture of country instruments, so it's a shame she's abandoned them. That said, she's still a great performer, and some of these songs are pretty good. I think she should get over wanting to be a diva, but you can't deny her talent, whatever she's doing. Expand
  15. GraceK
    Nov 1, 2002
    Bad songs repetitive, boring, she sings well, but noting is very interesting, same ol same ol VERY big waste of money.
  16. MattM
    Nov 25, 2002
    Faith Hill's latest album is an astonishing collection of rock and ballads that showcase her amazing vocal talents. "Cry" the album is one of the best of 2002, and "Cry" the song is the record of the year. This is an album not to be missed!
  17. ChrisA
    Oct 17, 2002
    EXCELLENT! I love every song!
  18. Kari
    Apr 27, 2003
    First of all I don't know where any of you people get off saying that this CD isent country enough. Did you people ever stop and think that maybe her intention was to try something new instead of the same old cry me a river i lost my dog, my house and my family. I like the new CD I think it shows how much she's grown over the years and that she's not afraid to try something new.
  19. LeeB
    Nov 12, 2002
    I love this album, I only knew she had a new album out by watching the cma awards. Her performance on that show was amazing, as is this album. There isn't one song I don't like. She has the looks and she has the voice, she is an amazing artist.
  20. AmberH
    Nov 14, 2002
    This is a great album. Faith Hill is a fantastic singer, regardless of whether a song is deemed country or pop. This album is so full of emotion-it's all i've listened to since I bought it!
  21. Aug 16, 2016
    The tall leggy Mississippi girl ventures back to her roots and delivers an outstanding album. Her powerful vocals really shine on power ballads like Stealing Kisses and Like We Never Loved At All, her duet with husband Tim Mcgraw.

1. Q Magazine
    It's about as vibrant and sweat-streaked as mainstream pop gets. [Dec 2002, p.105]
  2. The Nashville hottie shakes off some of her past cobwebs for slicker, bawdier rock and a collection of power ballads--most destined for a high school prom slow dance near you.
  3. Blender