Crystal Castles [2010] - Crystal Castles
8.7

Review this album

1. Dec 22, 2011
    "Crystal Castles II" recorre una amplia gama de ritmos que van desde los ritmos sosegados y espaciales como "Violent Dreams" o "I Am Made of Chalk", tonalidades rítmicas y bailables ( "Celestica" , "Suffocation" o "Intimate") y llega hasta los extremos donde la distorción (Lo-fi) se remarcan y le añaden dramatismo al album ("Fainting Spells" o "Doe Deer"). Crystal Castles logra un álbum innovador de música electrónica con una temática muy oscura que puede volverse adicción en cualquier momento. Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2011
    My favourite band of 2010. It's a brilliant come back, and it's full of new material. They have become a lot more accessible, but they're finally getting some kind of mainstream success which has been long awaited. I went to see them in Manchester in October 2010, and I was blown away (mainly by the bass speakers). I'll definitely be waiting around for their third album, which hopefully won't be called 'Crystal Castles' again. They go from dance/pop hits like 'Celestica' to aggressive songs like 'Doe Deer', all in a short space of album time. It's a fantastic album. There are no "howevers" in this album, because its brilliance gets in the way too much. I would give this 11 out of 10 if I was allowed. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2010
    This album is like the upgraded version of their last work and t even keeps the same name, which I think is cool, I love almost every song and never have to skip any song when I listen to it. Love Alice so much hope they keep releasing music and already can't wait for their next work.
  4. Nov 24, 2010
    I love this album; i listen to this album all the time. I think this is the album of the year. This is number one on my list for best 2010 albums. I love the sound to this album, Crystal Castles is an outstanding band. One of the best Experimental band.
  5. Jul 26, 2011
    They have their tricks and use them well. CC decided to make a prettier album than their debut and it shows. Standout track: I'm Made of Chalk, PapaSmear, Celestica.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    Using their first album (I) as a gateway drug, Ethan Kath and Alice Glass shape up the digital chaos that they create to give a more defined and matured sound. If you ask anyone who listens to CC to define what their music is, typical words and adjectives are rare to be found. A new kind of beast is created by CC that will leave you curiously desperate for more.

1. It’s a middling album that managed to get the best of collective consciousness.
  2. The follow-up repeats the trick, scattering dreamy pop between industrial soundscapes. [July 2010, p. 129]
  3. The second Crystal Castles may not be as immediately and consistently satisfying as their debut, but it shows that the band has more to offer than just an immediately distinctive--and confining--sound.