Day & Age - The Killers
8.1

Review this album

1. Sep 14, 2010
    Spaceman and Human are fantastic , Goodnight , Travel Well and A Dustland Fairytale are both beautiful but sad and the albums quirkier moments like Joyride and I Cant Stay are great fun summery songs.
  2. Nov 13, 2010
    More synth-laden 80's-throwback pomposity from Las Vegas' not-so sin-cititzens; all of it overwrought, vacuous, vaguely ridiculous and subtle as the neon lights at the Glitter Gultch. Too bad then that it all sounds amazing. Resist you may the sweep of "Human", its bizarro lyrics (almost) masquerading as profundities, but when the chorus kicks into high gear and the synths pump the song so full of sound and energy that you're swept away with unexpected feeling, you too will submit to the Killer's unique brand of Rock/Dance/Pop/Glam Rhapsodizing. In a decade in which most male bands were to prone to confessional emotional cramping, a decade where earnestness supplanted subversion as the primary mode of expression in Rock N' Roll, The Killers remained a refreshing throwback to 80's uber-male strutting with a nod to the gender identity excesses of 70's glam, even if only in frontman Brandon Flowers' guyliner. Lachrymose sincerity can't compete in wild west glitz of the Las Vegas wonderland conjured up in Day & Age. Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2010
    Certainly an album I'd rate highly in the top albums of 2008.
    Most albums nowadays offer a couple of good songs, whilst the majority of tracks on the album are garbage, pretty much.
    I found that was totally not the case here. I agree with what other people have mentioned before; the first half of the album is quite a bit more exciting than the latter part. "I Can't Stay" and "Neon Tiger"
    are the weakest songs for me personally. For this reason listening to the entire album would leave you with a bit of a bitter aftertaste, although I am quite fond of "Goodnight, Travel Well" as an album-finisher.
    What especially surprised me in an extremely positive way are the bonus tracks,
    Day And Age is an album I'd recommend to virtually anyone, as it truly has a number of fantastic songs on it.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    "Day & Age" reaches all its goals. I can't see any problem with this album and all the tracks have potential because they are excellent. This is good pop music, people. Enjoy it!
  5. May 26, 2012
    This is my favorite Killers album, and one of my favorite albums in general. I think the songs have tons of emotion, energy and catchy lyrics to make them memorable. The introduction of the saxophone also adds a nice touch to several of the songs. The songs are also very well balanced with upbeat tracks and downplayed ones, but none of the songs every sound boring or out of place on the record.
  6. Oct 19, 2011
    The Killers shortened it up for this album and made it clear that they're finally veterans in music. It is a very good album with an absolutely stellar final track
  7. Sep 22, 2011
    Once again, The Killers fail to disappoint. While Spaceman and Human are hit songs, the true fan will discover that all the other songs are quite good as well.
  8. Dec 16, 2011
    Great album! Their roots are still underneath the new grass they are growing of new songs. The Killers are the new U2 - only missing some lyrical components, but made up for with the sensational, memorable hits.
  9. Sep 26, 2012
    "A Dustland Fairytale" and "Spaceman" are almost 5* songs, the rest is a solid 4*. The album is just like the last album, one point better than its predecessor. It's their best album yet (yes, I heard Battle Born) and as it's slower and more quiet than they were before, it's also more beautiful. I really enjoyed this album and I'm going to here it more often by now!
  10. Dec 31, 2013
    The Killers have hit their peak with this album. I can't say enough about this entire beauty of songs. Especially "Spaceman" and "Human" a perfect combination of mellow tones, upbeat lyrics, an encore of terrific sound. A favorite of mine to work out to, and... Wow....I'm blown away

1. With neither the sugar rush of "Hot Fuss" nor the blustery thrills of "Sam's Town," this is the Killers' most beguilingly strange record. As an accurate reflection of its frontman, it succeeds handsomely.
  2. Too bad all that drama sometimes weighs down Flowers.
    They remain fascinated by heartland mythos, but by becoming more comfortable with their glitzy roots, they've actually found the pulse of something more authentic.