8.5

Review this album

1. Jun 17, 2014
    I truly love this album. It provides melodies of breathy voices, that will take your breath away. The sound that they create is unique, and I'd like to see anyone try and copy the retro rock-pop that they create. The songs, although there aren't any slow songs that make your heartbreak, still deliver emotion. I'm sure that if "If I Could Change Your Mind" was on more of a downbeat it could definetly tug at my heart strings a little. That being said, it doesn't need to because it provides sunny pop tracks for summer that aren't loaded with meaningless lyrics and auto-tuned voices. Even if you copied the sheet music of the guitars and drums of their songs, you could still not be successful in trying to copy HAIM. HAIM has such a unique arrangement of singing voices you couldn't copy them. All in all, HAIM has given us a fresh, unique, catchy, fun, and emotional sound that we always want in a debut indie pop-rock band. Expand
  2. May 20, 2014
    Hehe, ovo je moja prva kritika, lol. Stvarno sam bio odusevljen kad sam prvi put cuo pesmu Forever na radiju i jedva sam cekao da cujem ceo album, sta reci, album je u potpunosti ispunio moja ocekivanja koja su stvarno bila velika. Najvise mi se svidjaju pesme Falling i My Song 5. Inace, ovo mi je jedan od omiljenih albuma.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    HAIM has left us all open-mouthed. These girls can sing, write songs, play instruments (really well), be emotional, be powerful, and rock out! Practically all of their songs are great, and dive between indie pop and 80's classic rock. A phenomenal album that serves as the perfect proof of rocky-girl power in the latest industry era.
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    It'll be very difficult for you to dislike this debut album by Valley sister trio Haim. "Days Are Gone" is a cheeky and enjoyably enthusiastic amalgam of 70s and 80s pop rock, R&B influenced pop, and a likable Valley Girl attitude. With their sweet, breathy, perfectly harmonizing voices and groovy, infectious, shoulder-shaking beats, Haim establish an instantly recognizable sound (although some tracks regrettably fail to amount to much more than this sound). "Days Are Gone" has a very streamlined production value, which results in a stronger, more direct punch. The album contains a handful of memorable radio-friendly hit singles but never sacrifices thematic or musical integrity. Simply put, one of the hottest alternative albums of the year.

FINAL SCORE: 90 (almost perfect)
  5. Jan 20, 2014
    Haim unconventionally came out of the wood works. They played some big festivals with their singles, but now with this full length record they're slightly more exceptional than your run of the mill pop band. These sisters can play their instruments, and vocally all can do very well. The song-writings nothing too fresh, but melodically spoken, it comes off very much like what you'd expect.

All In All, Days Are Gone is a promising debut LP, now to wait for their second release. B
  6. Dec 4, 2013
    They are very interesting and authentic, the record is realy great, very enjoyable, but HAIM is a double-edged sword, because they sound more catchy in live.
  7. Oct 23, 2013
    A strong debut from Haim, the singles are the strongest tracks backed by some solid album tracks. Easy to tell the variety of genre influences resulting in some great tracks, hard to iisten to without smiling.
  8. Oct 23, 2013
    Ask any girl, not many of them will like rock, some will but in retrospect some won't. It's a cultural stereotype that they will like pop or something along the lines of that and we're all guilty of this form of labeling. With Haim's musical roots, they bring a unique force on this album with this style. It's unexpected from a girl band, and yet it's still strangely safe for them as well. It's Fleetwood Mac's Rumours meets Michael Jackson's Thriller, just to put it explicitly. It's seems new, but then again the roots and inspirations are still evident, and its influence will be greatly appreciated.

Days Are Gone isn't anything new lyrically as well, lacking flow and grace at some points but not so much to be a nuisance. Musically, it is incredibly interesting and intriguing, and with Haim behind the wheel, letting them drive us through their journey is probably our best decision yet.
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    Good disco, beats and melodies complement the way to fun and well centered, matching the vocals of the singers. Undoubtedly, the wait for the debut of sisters Haim not displeased
  10. Oct 16, 2013
    Haim brings a new and tasteful flavor to the pop and folk genre that could not be replicated by anyone other than a band of sisters who grew up listening to the sound that attributed and influenced the sound they have acquired as of now. It's fresh, smooth, and just emotional. "If I Could Chance Your Mind" is definitely one of my favorites.
  11. Oct 14, 2013
    Easily one of the best pop records of the last few years. Imagine every musical influence of your youth put into a blender, paired with unbelievably catchy hooks and flawless production. The result is Haim. Fantastic.
  12. Oct 14, 2013
    This is quite possibly my favourite debut album of the year. It definitely slips quite effortlessly into the great debuts of all time. Upbeat, polished without being boring. Superb.
  13. Oct 9, 2013
    Fun, catchy and cool. It has a nostalgic sound to it, a very 80s vibe. I think it is one of the most exciting debuts for 2013, and an album I have waited a long time for!
  14. Oct 6, 2013
    Unexpectedly good. Lots of catchy tracks and very cool tunes all the way. It was great fun listening to this album, especially that it reminded me of all the 80's pop that i enjoy. Very excited for this band and their future.
  15. Oct 6, 2013
    This band is a breath of fresh air. The harmonies, song structures, melodies, and vocal arranges are absolutely breath-taking! It will keep me hooked until their next album.
  16. Oct 2, 2013
    One of the best debuts in years really chill mellow songs anyone can enjoy. it can best be described by me as a blast from the past the takes the form of great new pop music.
  17. Oct 1, 2013
    A few good songs, and then a few too many "is this a different song?" songs. The sound, mood, and approach wears a bit thin after the first couple of standouts, and I wish they'd mixed things up a bit. While they seem fresh and fun now, I can see them saturating popular culture and ending up on Glee.
  18. Sep 30, 2013
    Simply one of the best indie-pop albums of the year. "Days are gone" is a fun, catchy and very very cool record. Almost all the songs are really great, with the best one being "My Song Five"; a mixture of rock n roll and R&B, Indie-disco songs “If I Could Change Your Mine”and “Days Are Gone” and the well known singles “The Wire”, "Falling" and “Don’t Save Me”.
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    I find myself simultaneously wanting to love and hate this band. Granted, I've only listened to the album three times so far, and while it absolutely is catchy, I wish they would venture more into the sounds that they produce for the album's eighth track, "My Song 5." Of course, tracks such as "Falling," "If I Could Change Your Mind" and "Honey & I" are all unbelievably catchy, but most songs sound pretty similar. I was glad to find, though, that most of the tracks are stronger than "The Wire" which was one of the few I listened to before listening to the whole album. I believe it'd be difficult for anyone to actually dislike this album. Expand
  20. Sep 30, 2013
    What a new and a fresh band I like their sounds and they do have a VERY Tasty tunes with a very different musical style... the moment I listened to them I became an instant fan

1. Jan 27, 2014
    Days Are Gone is a pretty impregnable collection of songs, their alloy of golden Fleetwood Mac melodies and liquid R&B polished to a reflective shine. [Oct 2013, p.103]
  2. 11 tracks of stick-to-the-roof-of-your-eardrums music that sounds all at once immediate and laid-back.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    The lyrics flirt with turmoil--there are lots of songs about holding on or jumping into the fire, and so forth--but don’t really say much of anything.