Days

• Release Date: Oct 18, 2011
8.3

Review this album

1. Nov 1, 2011
    I had mixed feelings about Real Estate's debut, I thought it was merely alright. So, I had lowered expectations for "Days" and I think that was a blessing because this album has slowly grown on me. I love how the guitars sound on this album. "Out of Tune" is the highlight here, but nearly every song is a winner. The record has a late 80's college rock vibe and reminds me a lot of theI had mixed feelings about Real Estate's debut, I thought it was merely alright. So, I had lowered expectations for "Days" and I think that was a blessing because this album has slowly grown on me. I love how the guitars sound on this album. "Out of Tune" is the highlight here, but nearly every song is a winner. The record has a late 80's college rock vibe and reminds me a lot of the Go-Betweens. Good stuff! Expand
  2. Mar 15, 2014
    Beautifully peaceful. I really love the music in this album. The guitars sound wonderful. The vocals and lyrics are also great. Nearly every track here is as gorgeous as the one preceding it, with very few exceptions.
  3. Jan 5, 2012
    Goes down smooth like a milk shake on the deck one breezy summer day. It can be a bit boring for some, but just sit back and enjoy it for a while. You wont regret it.
  4. Dec 13, 2011
    So glad a found this band. Such good music.
  5. Jan 12, 2012
    Pretty, delicate, melancholic, with the right amount of aching and hope, and beautiful guitars throughout in each song this is an accomplished little album.
  6. Feb 10, 2015
    While the adjectives "revolutionary" or "exciting" don't belong in this review, Real Estate's second LP, "Days", captures the feeling of "floating on an inner tube in the sun" just as well as the first. Distorted and layered guitars make for a very comfortable album that grows on you with each listen.

1. Mojo
    Dec 22, 2011
    [An album that] makes you wonder where they will travel next. [Nov 2011, p.101]
  2. A beautifully hazy indie pop record, perfectly suited to hot summer days.
  3. Q Magazine
    Dec 15, 2011
    If an album's ever demanded the description "plangent" or "mellifluous", it's here. [Dec. 2011 p. 128]