Dead Silence

• Release Date: Sep 18, 2012
8.3

Review this album

1. Aug 29, 2013
    Dead Silence is by far the most multifaceted album by Billy Talent. It is very interesting to listen to. Brilliant musical pieces with great lyrics, as we already know them from Billy Talent. The whole album is a little differnet from the previous albums, without losing the well-known Billy Talent sound. I can highly recommend this album to anybody who loves Billy Talent, but also toDead Silence is by far the most multifaceted album by Billy Talent. It is very interesting to listen to. Brilliant musical pieces with great lyrics, as we already know them from Billy Talent. The whole album is a little differnet from the previous albums, without losing the well-known Billy Talent sound. I can highly recommend this album to anybody who loves Billy Talent, but also to people that enjoy Bands like Rise Against, Sum 41... Overall Brilliant Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2013
  3. Apr 6, 2016
    Dead Silence is by far the most multifaceted album by Billy Talent. It is very interesting to listen to. Brilliant musical pieces with great lyrics, as we already know them from Billy Talent. The whole album is a little different from the previous albums, without losing the well-known Billy Talent sound. I can highly recommend this album to anybody who loves Billy Talent, but also toDead Silence is by far the most multifaceted album by Billy Talent. It is very interesting to listen to. Brilliant musical pieces with great lyrics, as we already know them from Billy Talent. The whole album is a little different from the previous albums, without losing the well-known Billy Talent sound. I can highly recommend this album to anybody who loves Billy Talent, but also to people that enjoy Bands like Rise Against, Sum 41... Overall Brilliant!! Expand
  4. Sep 9, 2016
    Dead Silence is by far the most multifaceted album by the band. All in all, not a bad album. It has a few standout tracks, notably the title track and the singles 'Viking Death March' and 'Surprise Surprise'. The rest of the tracks on the album are mostly filler and lack any real cohesiveness.

1. Q Magazine
    Nov 26, 2012
    More often than not, this is pop punk as it should be: direct, streamlined and raucous but of enough substance that preachy points are made within nagging, urgent choruses. [Oct 2012, p.93]
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    Overall, the sound on Dead Silence isn't that different from the band's previous work, but is certainly some of the best work they've done.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    [Dead Silence] sounds exactly like what you'd expect from the maturing Mississauga pop-punk band: more middle-of-the-road radio-friendly guitar rock, with less punk energy and more classic rock than in their younger years.