Demon Days

• Release Date: May 24, 2005
9.0

Review this album

1. Jan 18, 2011
    This album blends a bunch of musical elements together. I heard rap, rock, reggae, and funk. It's a great listen. The beats are catchy and the production is just great. Took me awhile to get into it but after a few tries, I really enjoy it now. All In All, a great album. B+
  2. j30
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews for this excellent sophomore record from the Gorillaz. So many great lush pop songs that will make your head spin. There are a few fillers, but for the most part it's a killer release.
  3. Jun 6, 2013
    10/10 is too low. But I can't go up to 20/10 so whatever.
    Demon Days is The Gorillaz follow up album to their mega hit. Demon Days easily is better, which is a testament to just how good this album is. Feel Good Inc. and Dirty Harry are cult classics and help this album rise to Cult Classic status.
  4. Apr 26, 2016
    When I listen to the latest Gorillaz songs, their music gets better and better. This album can beat their first album into shreds because they always get better!. Literally I recommend the entire collection of Gorillaz for new Gorillaz fans!. So yeah
  5. Aug 24, 2010
    It doesn't beat any records in my opinion, but worth a listen. Some people are going to love this; others are going to view it as pointless rubbish.
    While it has its high points (DARE, Don't Get Lost In Heaven) it also has some more annoying, and rather stupid songs. These include Last Living Souls and White Light. Maybe you should listen to the previews on iTunes or Amazon before buying. It's not for everyone.
    6/10. Why? Although it can give an enjoyable listen, its music seems somewhat temporary. One has to be in the correct mood, and accept that the weirdness of some of the songs just aren't up to scratch. I don't feel it had much potential to fill. Nevertheless, an enjoyable listen.
  6. Jul 8, 2014
    Another well done album by Gorillaz. My favorite song from this album is "Feel Good Inc.". The rock they have has become really modern if you know what I mean. It showcases alternative hip hop with funk rock and I like that. The collaborations are really cool though.
  7. May 1, 2017
    Magnum opus of the Gorillaz. While many were expecting them to disappoint after a really promising debut, Damon and Jamie manage to top it with a more creative and more polished record. One of the very best in its decade.
  8. Oct 11, 2010
    This album should be given its own genre. It's neither here nor there with any one genre and is so vast it can't even be taken down to 2 or 3. You've got something like 'Last Living Souls' which is eeary melancholy pop mixed with 'Don't get lost in heaven' which verges on symphonic gospel. This is really a masterpiece from Albarn. An apex of his imagination. He deserves all the acclaim he gets.
  9. Feb 4, 2016
    Demon Days: the ape that could. Not afraid to be a little political and reeks of energy. Ugly, even, in a good way that is because it is like no other.
  10. Nov 27, 2013
    NOTE: A 10/10 refers to a nonexistent perfect album. I don't toss excellent ratings around.
    Also, I'm not a hater, I went into this with an open mind, and think Gorillaz and Plastic Beach were excellent albums. Now, on to the review!

Despite all its good tracks, Demon Days is unfortunately quite an inconsistent album, not at all meeting my expectations. Essentially it's a concept album about sad things all the gloom, misery, and dystopia you can think of but it often gets repetitive, or sometimes it forms a cohesive narrative over two or three tracks only to abandon it completely at the next. For example, even though I did think the two-track finisher of "Don't Get Lost in Heaven" and "Demon Days" ended the album quite well, I don't know at all where the miners and the volcano came from. Earlier in the album, I thought it was going to be about the band gathering a rebellion to overthrow a dystopian government, if i'm interpreting the lyrics to "Feel Good Inc." correctly. Even if you think of it as the type of concept album which doesn't tell an actual story but simply describes the subject of being depressed, that isn't consistent either. I have no idea why they decided to keep "DARE" in here though it's decent as a single, it feels so out of place here. It might as well be the album's worst track if I score it based on how it fits in with the others.

The guests are pretty good, though. Anything with MF DOOM on there is good. Feel Good Inc., which features De La Soul, has a nice performance by them as well, even if the maniacal laughing is a bit overdone. Roots Manuva is a skilled rapper, but not lyricist. I didn't, however, like what Shaun Ryder and Dennis Hopper contributed to the latter half at all.

Sigh. Damon, you've made Parklife, 13, Think Tank, and the self-titled Gorillaz album, and you would go on to make your masterpiece with Plastic Beach. What happened with this? It's not by any means a bad album, but...

I think I'll score it a 6. There are many good ideas, but more often than not, they just don't mix. At least Gorillaz and Blur have other great albums to their names.

STANDOUT TRACKS:: KIDS WITH GUNS, FEEL GOOD INC., EVERY PLANET WE REACH IS DEAD, NOVEMBER HAS COME, DON'T GET LOST IN HEAVEN, DEMON DAYS
  11. Jan 4, 2015
    Even though the album does get excessively weird for my taste, Demon Days is a great follow-up to their solid self-titled album. It's got great beats and some absolutely magnificent lyrics. This is one worth listening to.
  12. May 2, 2017
    Love it! A **** legendary album by Gorillaz and my fav album also! I really like the tracks, especially "Feel Good Inc.", "Kids With Guns", "DARE", "Dirty Harry" and more.
  13. Oct 27, 2014
    This album is (and was) an instant classic and arguably Gorillaz's best work. Nearly every track oozes with creativity and there are only two tracks that I would say are lacking overall (O Green World and All Alone). The production is amazing with nearly every track making fantastic use of a wide, wide array of diverse musical ideas and sounds. The only thing I could ask from this albumThis album is (and was) an instant classic and arguably Gorillaz's best work. Nearly every track oozes with creativity and there are only two tracks that I would say are lacking overall (O Green World and All Alone). The production is amazing with nearly every track making fantastic use of a wide, wide array of diverse musical ideas and sounds. The only thing I could ask from this album is: more please. Expand
  14. May 16, 2016
    Do not hate me for this, but walking into this critically acclaimed album I expected something amazing, however, when I started listening, I was confused for about the first 4 or so songs. The reason that I give an eight is because it got MUCH better when the 5th song, Dirty Harry, kicked in giving a funky synth groove. Where it falls for the first few minutes, it instantly recovers andDo not hate me for this, but walking into this critically acclaimed album I expected something amazing, however, when I started listening, I was confused for about the first 4 or so songs. The reason that I give an eight is because it got MUCH better when the 5th song, Dirty Harry, kicked in giving a funky synth groove. Where it falls for the first few minutes, it instantly recovers and delivers excellently. Expand
  15. Sep 26, 2010
    After the success of their first album, they went farther in producing Demon Days, where this time it is set in a Apocalyptic world. This one fuses more pop than the last one, but less rap. They still have their great vibe, with the help of new guests on this album. Their a ton of great songs on this album, especially "Feel Good Inc." This wasn't the best album Albarn has produced, but oneAfter the success of their first album, they went farther in producing Demon Days, where this time it is set in a Apocalyptic world. This one fuses more pop than the last one, but less rap. They still have their great vibe, with the help of new guests on this album. Their a ton of great songs on this album, especially "Feel Good Inc." This wasn't the best album Albarn has produced, but one of the most inspiring albums. The end of the album wraps up the mood perfectly, when the basic strumming of the guitar on "Demon Days" tells what Damon has experienced himself. This album is easier to listen and get used to than the first album. Standouts : "Kids With Guns", "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE" Overall Score : 8.7 Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2012
    Demon Days represents an amazing blend of genre's and styles. After Gorillaz hit in 2001, I instantly fell in love with the band and it style. And from then to the release of Demon Days I kept wondering in what direction the group would go in. Demon Days thrusts Gorillaz in a much more ominous atmosphere and tosses out some great tracks, mixing various collaborators for a mezmorizingDemon Days represents an amazing blend of genre's and styles. After Gorillaz hit in 2001, I instantly fell in love with the band and it style. And from then to the release of Demon Days I kept wondering in what direction the group would go in. Demon Days thrusts Gorillaz in a much more ominous atmosphere and tosses out some great tracks, mixing various collaborators for a mezmorizing journey through a snapshot in the gorillaz universe. Expand
  17. Dec 26, 2013
    The single most musically intriguing record I have ever heard, still stands up as my all time favourite album, ever. To describe it in one word, I would have to say that this album is "Perfect".
  18. Aug 6, 2015
    Gorillaz's most accessible album and their most successful. They turn up the rock and hip hop while adding other elements such as trip hop. Every track is brilliant, with amazing singles and a three-part finale that tells an epic tale.
  19. Nov 19, 2016
    This is the best album by my favourite band of all time, I love all songs, I never skip one, this album just makes me Feel Good when I'm All Alone over DARE at the Green World.
  20. Nov 19, 2015
    A few disappointing tracks, but Demon Days has some real classics in it. Some really innovative and majestic songs such as Dare, Dirty Harry and Feel good inc
  21. May 22, 2015
    Instant classic, and even now, 10 years later it is still more modern than many many other artists. It is a timeless album, full of original arrangements, social critique and stellar mixing.
  22. LeonardoF
    Damon at his best.
  23. jayman
    May 23, 2005
    A fun listen. I like the beats, and despite some early negative reviews, this may need a few more listens for some. Enjoyable off the bat for me...should be a great summer record.
  24. JasonS
    May 26, 2005
    Excellent album. the first three tracks are a bit of repetative filler, but the rest is gold. pure gold.
  25. IllyaZ
    Not bad at all...
  26. DavidO
    Jun 1, 2005
    Listened to this several times and apart from Feel Good Inc there's not a single track that sticks in my head. What happened to the unconventional catchiness of the previous record? Hugely dissapointing follow-up....
  27. jw
    Jun 19, 2005
    it might sound bad at first.. but once you get into it, it's amazing.
  28. CraigC
    Jun 29, 2005
    Album of the year. It takes three or four listens (the best albums usually do) but once you "get it", you can't stop listening to it. I didn't know Damon Albarn was quite this brilliant a composer. Gorillaz first album provided glimpses but this is the real deal. This is the album the music industry needed as an anditote to all the wuss and crap rock being produced all over the world.
  29. SamM
    Jun 7, 2005
    After listening to Demon Days the first time I thought I'd blown my money on an over advertised CD not really worth of the hype. Oh how i was wrong. The CD needs some listening and its brilliance will emerge each time you hear it. Kids with Guns is a great song espercially the typical gorillaz drums near the end of the song as well as Dirty Harry with its hip hop flavour combined After listening to Demon Days the first time I thought I'd blown my money on an over advertised CD not really worth of the hype. Oh how i was wrong. The CD needs some listening and its brilliance will emerge each time you hear it. Kids with Guns is a great song espercially the typical gorillaz drums near the end of the song as well as Dirty Harry with its hip hop flavour combined with the choir in the beggining. Truly great album Expand
  30. ElfOz
    Jun 8, 2005
    yeah!!!
  31. JamieM
    Aug 3, 2005
    Sure, it takes a while to get into, but eventually you realize that " Demon Days" is pure experimental genius. Best Song: Dare
  32. bradc
    Jan 10, 2006
    the gorillaz are 2 for 2, this cd is one of the best of the year without a doubt. It's a rare thing anymore to be able to put a cd in and walk away knowing that every song is good, hope they make a third one soon.
  33. KurtF
    Dec 2, 2005
    All the non-rap songs are great. Where as two of the four with rap in it seem out of place and the other two work just fine. El Manana is a really beautiful song. I love how even the really dance pop parts of the album seem to have a dark foreboding. This is how sordonic is done fun! I think some poeple just see the cartoons and hear the radio "feel good inc" (which I do like) and think All the non-rap songs are great. Where as two of the four with rap in it seem out of place and the other two work just fine. El Manana is a really beautiful song. I love how even the really dance pop parts of the album seem to have a dark foreboding. This is how sordonic is done fun! I think some poeple just see the cartoons and hear the radio "feel good inc" (which I do like) and think they are just stupid. But if you listen to the album you realize that some of the songs are better than anything (any genre) out there. Expand
  34. LelaTVF
    May 23, 2005
    An amazing CD, really. Excellent stuff here.
  35. FranciscusV
    May 24, 2005
    Very lovely album. Great after waiting 4 years!
  36. LucindaP
    May 24, 2005
    I ove this album its the best I've heard in AGES!!!
  37. jb
    May 25, 2005
    This is a serious grower. I found it rather flat at first, as I was expecting a jaunty ride - not a subtle odyssey, but havng listened to it a few times I'm coming around to the view that this is one of the best things Albarn's ever done.
  38. EdM
    May 25, 2005
    An art-house Archies for the new millennium, Gorillaz seem less like a novelty act on
  39. VincentV
    May 26, 2005
    This CD is much better than the first. I'm not saying the first wasn't good, but this is beter.
  40. zega
    May 30, 2005
    Accessible and cross-genre,good like Groove Armada, K.I.A. and other artists doing multi-vocalist hybrid-electronica (rocktronica, dubtronica...). And, unlike the first Gorillaz, has some emotional weight (Kids With Guns...). Would be a 10 but for the spoken-word song ("Fire Coming Out of the Monkey"); when will artists learn that talk-tracks are unlistenable after the first time?
  41. S@T@NMILTON
    May 30, 2005
    Wow!!! First when I listened the CD, bad bad bad But after in a dark room, wow this album has every aspect of music I know lots of people don
  42. JenniferM
    Jun 20, 2005
    I. Love. This. Album. So innovative and unique, but very listenable and unpretentious. My favourite track is Dare.
  43. markf
    tracks 12-15 r great
  44. yashp
    Jun 6, 2005
    this album can turn your worst day into a your best day or even make your best day ever better!
  45. KvanV
    Jun 6, 2005
    There are some strong tracks on this album, and the rest grow on you with repeated listens. Feel Good Inc. is the most high energy song they have to offer. The rest is rather laid back and mid tempo, and the last three tracks can be written off completely as they are barely songs at all. I miss the energy and humor of the first album. Demon Days is a little darker, slower, and more There are some strong tracks on this album, and the rest grow on you with repeated listens. Feel Good Inc. is the most high energy song they have to offer. The rest is rather laid back and mid tempo, and the last three tracks can be written off completely as they are barely songs at all. I miss the energy and humor of the first album. Demon Days is a little darker, slower, and more political. Still it's a solid buy. Expand
  46. jacka
    Jul 31, 2005
    absolutely terrible. boring:-(
  47. MackenzieF
    Aug 12, 2005
    I think this CD is a VERY awesome CD. I got it and I listen to it every day. I have had to make a million copies of it for my friends!!!
  48. DrewN
    Aug 20, 2005
    This album caught me by surprise really. After the first Gorillaz CD, which had a few good tracks, but not one of my favorites, I didn't expect much from this band. Boy was I wrong. After hearing "Feel Good Inc.", I felt I had to buy the album, and I wasn't dissapointed. Tracks that stand out: Feel Good Inc., DARE, Kids With Guns. Seriously buy the album.
  49. SaulV
    Aug 25, 2005
    I think the Cd " Demon Days " has al kind of songs. I LOVE IT!
  50. samuels
    Sep 10, 2005
    this cd is the best cd in this year it is wicked
  51. DaneC
    Sep 3, 2005
    Most of the tracks are fine, but its the collabrations that make this album great. De La Soul, one of the most respected groups in rap, and Mf Doom, one of the most respected artist in underground rap, appear on this album and make the usually unused repeat track button on your cd player so nesserary.
  52. Levi
    Jan 7, 2006
    Brilliant. Not perfect, but brilliant.
  53. DominicC
    Feb 11, 2006
    Amazing...... WE LOVE GORILLAZ!!!!!!
  54. SeamusS
    Mar 31, 2006
    As a die hard BLUR fan I always cringe at the sound of Damon working on something that's not...well..Blur Self titled was good no masterpeice but good this this is something else a groundbreaking venture into the world of avanthippoprock and well I just dont know what to make out of the fucker Brillaint Heavy for sure Go Buy It!
  55. LachlanW
    Apr 5, 2006
    A very strong album. Some tracks are filler, but for the most part, the CD is a fantastic accomplisment. 'Dare' is one of the coolest songs that I will ever hear.
  56. JimmyJazz
    Apr 8, 2006
    Don't listen to any other reviews but this one. I am not a fan of rap. Never have been never will be. When I got this cd i was scared there would be to much rap and hip hop in it. There's not. This cd has some rap songs (November has Come, Feel Good Inc.) but it has every other genre ever. Electronic (DARE) Dance (Dirty Harry) Rock ( O green World) rock/hip Don't listen to any other reviews but this one. I am not a fan of rap. Never have been never will be. When I got this cd i was scared there would be to much rap and hip hop in it. There's not. This cd has some rap songs (November has Come, Feel Good Inc.) but it has every other genre ever. Electronic (DARE) Dance (Dirty Harry) Rock ( O green World) rock/hip hop/dance/jazz/Electronic (Evrery planet we reach is dead). This Cd is a real suppriser. I enjoy listening to it and its different. Great Music, Great feel and if you happen to buy the cd from a store amazing 'drawings' in the booklet. This Cd can preety much be enjoyed be anyone. Who would know a fan of GREEN DAY. WHITE STRIPES, ARCADE FIRE and DAVID BOWIE could like this? Expand
  57. ElectricMonk
    May 10, 2006
    Dizzyingly brilliant and relentlessly intelligent, Gorillaz' "Demon Days" is among the first of the Top Ten Best Rock Albums of the New Millenium and--not surprisingly--there is absolutely nothing to suggest Gorillaz is a one-hit wonder, novelty band; the brainchild of Blur frontman Damon Albarn and "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett, Gorillaz utilizes influences like Beck and Air the Dizzyingly brilliant and relentlessly intelligent, Gorillaz' "Demon Days" is among the first of the Top Ten Best Rock Albums of the New Millenium and--not surprisingly--there is absolutely nothing to suggest Gorillaz is a one-hit wonder, novelty band; the brainchild of Blur frontman Damon Albarn and "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett, Gorillaz utilizes influences like Beck and Air the way truly legendary barkeeps mix drinks to keep their clients faithful, eclectic and happy. Grade: A for this award-winning, multi-platinum effort. Expand
  58. JasperB
    Nov 13, 2005
    This CD is the epitome of cool
  59. ReyP
    Nov 4, 2005
    The first half of the album is fantastic, but it really drops off from there. "Kids with Guns" has one of the best grooves of the year.
  60. ConnorW
    Dec 18, 2005
    Simply the best album of 2005!
  61. joeblow
    Dec 3, 2005
    Good album, but it would be better with less rapping.
  62. James
    May 23, 2005
    Lacking alot, and boring as well.
  63. ZachL
    May 24, 2005
    I like how they strayed away from the poppiness (is that even a word?) that the first record had and went for a darker feel. However, I do miss Del a bit.
  64. TylerF
    May 24, 2005
    wow!!! I'm blown away. i liked the Gorillaz debut album but this one just blows it out of water. I mean, it's so damn catchy. I'm just hope I don't have to wait another 4 years for the next album.
  65. JessicaB
    May 24, 2005
    This CD is so much more than their debut. It is less poppy and more political message. Who can listen to Dirty Harry without thinking about Iraq?
  66. NofsGrrl
    May 25, 2005
    Ahhhh... That is a sigh of relief in now knowing how good this album is. The first album was more mindless fun, whlle Demon Days is thoughtful fun. I will take my Gorillaz either way with a side of groove, please!
  67. MaxM
    May 25, 2005
    This is one of the best albums I ave heard in a long time, alhtough it is not as good as their original album which was my favorite album of all time! Very well done
  68. mariemmm
    May 26, 2005
    Probably the worst album i ever listen to
  69. alexmd
    May 26, 2005
    its not music I would listen to. IT DOESNT REALLY SOUND LIKE MUSIC. Personnaly I gave it a 1 only the fell good inc song
  70. matthewa
    May 26, 2005
    There is definetely some filler here (O Green World, White Light) but most of is just toe-tapping brilliance. A step up from their last album.
  71. HunterB
    May 28, 2005
    This is a very good album, combining the exeplary producing skills of DJ Dangermouse with vocals from blur's Damon Albarn and wrapping it all up with art by "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett. Some tracks are better than others, of course ("Feel Good Inc." "Dirty Harry", "DARE" and the amazing "Fire coming out of the monkey's head" shine as the album's best tracks), but by This is a very good album, combining the exeplary producing skills of DJ Dangermouse with vocals from blur's Damon Albarn and wrapping it all up with art by "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett. Some tracks are better than others, of course ("Feel Good Inc." "Dirty Harry", "DARE" and the amazing "Fire coming out of the monkey's head" shine as the album's best tracks), but by the end of the album, this doesn't matter: it's all good. Expand
  72. FirstLast
    May 28, 2005
    Less sporadic and, thus, more cohesive than the debut record. Very fun. Only thing I'd say is that some of the rapping sections - while completely credible - might be tricky to distinguish from standard mainstream hip-hop/krunk; something that never happened on the eponymous record.
    May 29, 2005
    Brilliant. While not on par with the debut album, the material here is far from thin. Danger Mouse has done a great job producing this and has helped to create a great follow up.
  74. GregB
    May 29, 2005
    AMAZING!!! Best Record i've Heard in Years. Danger Mouse is on fire these days, and Damon Albarn proves he is one of the best songwriters of our time. BRILLIIANT!!!!
  75. JonathanT
    May 29, 2005
    Its about time intelligence was brought to the 21st century. Futuristic with some elegant undertones just like Future Sound of London's ' Dead Cities'. A slightly apocalyptical post war undertone with the feeling of having your heaphones implanted through your brain. J'adore GORILLAZ c'est le meilleur album de cet decennie. Merci et continue !!!
  76. RobA
    May 31, 2005
    It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I'm there I love it!
  77. GuillaumeP
    May 31, 2005
    Don't trust yourself too much on your first impressions. Its only after you'll have listened Demon Days 2 or 3 times you'll start to like it, then you'll love it and be careful, it becomes an adiction and the only word that can describe the way i see this record after listening 10 times is (love²+admiration).
  78. jboy
    Jun 14, 2005
    The brilliance in this CD is stunning....and the bonus track rocks also
  79. aaronl
    Jun 18, 2005
    Lots of lame hipster indie bands (postal service, go find) try to incorporate hip-hop/electronica/a beat into their music and ultimately fail, mainly because they just don't get what makes a good beat. this record understands hip-hop and has the pop-sensibility necessary to make a record like this work.
  80. formerwowplayer
    Jun 2, 2005
    This album is a much fun as it is smart and creative! A great listen and an BIG change in style since their debut. I can wait to see what Mr. Blur Frontman does next.
  81. PatrickC
    Jun 27, 2005
    This is the album of the year.
  82. CYRUSC
    Jun 3, 2005
    Wow, this album is near perfection. I say near because a couple songs dont appeal to me very much, but aside from that, the creativity, and the flow of the other songs, cannot be compared with anything else. I especially like Fire Coming out of the Monkeys Head. Honestly that just might be one of the best songs i have ever heard. BUY IT QUICK
  83. PeterS
    Jun 3, 2005
    As a nearly-40 guy who grew up listening to '60s' and '70's classic rock, etc. such as Pink Floyd, The Strawbs, Genesis and going through a world (literally) of musical tastes, I think that the music of Gorillaz and the team that drives them is at long last a sign that maybe ingenious and creativity is not dead in the corporate music biz. I see this is a highly As a nearly-40 guy who grew up listening to '60s' and '70's classic rock, etc. such as Pink Floyd, The Strawbs, Genesis and going through a world (literally) of musical tastes, I think that the music of Gorillaz and the team that drives them is at long last a sign that maybe ingenious and creativity is not dead in the corporate music biz. I see this is a highly artistic, conceptual album with lyrics that remind us of the demons - personal and otherwise - that confront us every day which leads to the last two tracks. "Don't Get Lost In Heaven" and "Demon Days" sums up the album beautifully! I just wish this "band" could tour! I could add so much more... Expand
  84. az
    Jun 9, 2005
    I just want to do the monster to this whole CD.... it kicks ass.
  85. Matt
    Jun 9, 2005
    A complete mess, in my opinion. The vocals don't even seem to flow with the music.
  86. mn
    Jul 21, 2005
    this cd rocks out loud !!!!
  87. SamH
    Jul 6, 2005
    Awesome beats, great vocals, refreshing album for the summer!
  88. ACDCritic
    Jul 6, 2005
    The single Feel Good Inc. was outstanding, so I decided to purchase this CD. I really disliked the CD at first, (it's nothing like the hit single,) but on a second listen, I discovered a few tracks I liked. On a 3rd listen, I found most of this CD to be great. The CD just kinda grows on you. You probably won't like the CD on a first listen, but give it some time, and you'll The single Feel Good Inc. was outstanding, so I decided to purchase this CD. I really disliked the CD at first, (it's nothing like the hit single,) but on a second listen, I discovered a few tracks I liked. On a 3rd listen, I found most of this CD to be great. The CD just kinda grows on you. You probably won't like the CD on a first listen, but give it some time, and you'll discover a great CD. There are a couple of filler tracks, such as songs like Last Living Souls, (which has no hook whatsoever,) Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, (which is just dull,) and O Green World, which turns into just a bunch of techno noise. Except for those tracks, (and a couple of other unmemorable ones,) this CD is great, and some of these tracks are excellent. The last 3 tracks seem to be telling a story, and are basically linked together, ending the CD on a very good note. Definitely a great, innovative CD, and probably not what you are expecting. (A couple more songs similar in style to Feel Good Inc. wouldn't have hurt, though.) I took a point off the score of this great CD because of a couple of annoying and filler tracks. But definitely worth it. You may not like it on your first listen, but give it a chance. Expand
  89. ChrisC
    Aug 15, 2005
    Listen to this cd if you are a pre pubescent, filth monger which will soon inhibit the entirety of america. This cd is for people who don't care what they listen to as long as it has a crappy, i mean catchy beat. Please don't listen to this garbage
  90. VincentC
    Aug 19, 2005
    Excellent. Funky beats, flows well. Loved the dialogue by Dennis Hopper
  91. SoupS
    Aug 20, 2005
    I thought the first album was boring besides the singles (which were crazy-awesome). This one is basically the same. The difference in quality between "Feel Good Inc" and the rest of the album is ridiculous. It's like they put all their effort into the one song and then tossed the rest of the album in as an afterthought. It has some good moments, but for the most part I skipped a lot I thought the first album was boring besides the singles (which were crazy-awesome). This one is basically the same. The difference in quality between "Feel Good Inc" and the rest of the album is ridiculous. It's like they put all their effort into the one song and then tossed the rest of the album in as an afterthought. It has some good moments, but for the most part I skipped a lot of tracks and sold it back to the store the week after I bought it. Disappointing. Expand
  92. Mike
    Aug 23, 2005
    this is one bad album. where are the melodies? just noise!
  93. MikeS
    Aug 3, 2005
    Truly original..the video for Feel good Inc. is mesmerizing. The music goes on and on, and each time you listen to the record you pull something new.
  94. fredrgf
    Aug 8, 2005
    fully sick wicked
  95. Wes
    Sep 14, 2005
    Great fucking album. I love every song, especially Every Planet We Reach is Dead and Feel Good Inc.
  96. Noodle2-D
    Sep 18, 2005
    WOW--what an incredible album. I can't stop listening to it. The variety of songs is exceptional. The beat moves from hip hop to techno to melodic ballad to early Pet Shop Boy-ish angst. Gorgeous compilation. Really. Get it. Don't be a loser.
  97. themouse
    Sep 30, 2005
    one of the best cds i own i love DARE and feel good inc.
  98. MelR.
    Sep 4, 2005
    smooth. One of the only albums I can listen to more than once.
  99. JoS
    Sep 4, 2005
    Brilliant.
  100. AaronD
    Jan 14, 2006
    Absolute wicked album and there est yet!!!!!

1. Uncut
    A dazzlingly clever record--great beats, brilliant production, top tunes and some of Albarn's best singing. [Jun 2005, p.106]
  2. Demon Days actually is even better than its predecessor.
  3. Before you even consider the sonic and melodic innovation paraded through the album there’s so much crammed into each of these fifteen songs (without any one of them sounding overproduced or cluttered) that repeated listening is a must.