Demon Days

1. LeonardoF
    Damon at his best.
  2. jw
    Jun 19, 2005
    it might sound bad at first.. but once you get into it, it's amazing.
  3. CraigC
    Jun 29, 2005
    Album of the year. It takes three or four listens (the best albums usually do) but once you "get it", you can't stop listening to it. I didn't know Damon Albarn was quite this brilliant a composer. Gorillaz first album provided glimpses but this is the real deal. This is the album the music industry needed as an anditote to all the wuss and crap rock being produced all over the world.
  4. ElfOz
    Jun 8, 2005
    yeah!!!
  5. bradc
    Jan 10, 2006
    the gorillaz are 2 for 2, this cd is one of the best of the year without a doubt. It's a rare thing anymore to be able to put a cd in and walk away knowing that every song is good, hope they make a third one soon.
  6. BobR
    Jul 21, 2007
    ridiculously hip... you'll fan over this band
  7. LelaTVF
    May 23, 2005
    An amazing CD, really. Excellent stuff here.
  8. LucindaP
    May 24, 2005
    I ove this album its the best I've heard in AGES!!!
  9. EdM
    May 25, 2005
    An art-house Archies for the new millennium, Gorillaz seem less like a novelty act on
  10. JenniferM
    Jun 20, 2005
    I. Love. This. Album. So innovative and unique, but very listenable and unpretentious. My favourite track is Dare.
  11. MackenzieF
    Aug 12, 2005
    I think this CD is a VERY awesome CD. I got it and I listen to it every day. I have had to make a million copies of it for my friends!!!
  12. samuels
    Sep 10, 2005
    this cd is the best cd in this year it is wicked
  13. DominicC
    Feb 11, 2006
    Amazing...... WE LOVE GORILLAZ!!!!!!
  14. SeamusS
    Mar 31, 2006
    As a die hard BLUR fan I always cringe at the sound of Damon working on something that's not...well..Blur Self titled was good no masterpeice but good this this is something else a groundbreaking venture into the world of avanthippoprock and well I just dont know what to make out of the fucker Brillaint Heavy for sure Go Buy It!
  15. ElectricMonk
    May 10, 2006
    Dizzyingly brilliant and relentlessly intelligent, Gorillaz' "Demon Days" is among the first of the Top Ten Best Rock Albums of the New Millenium and--not surprisingly--there is absolutely nothing to suggest Gorillaz is a one-hit wonder, novelty band; the brainchild of Blur frontman Damon Albarn and "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett, Gorillaz utilizes influences like Beck and Air the Dizzyingly brilliant and relentlessly intelligent, Gorillaz' "Demon Days" is among the first of the Top Ten Best Rock Albums of the New Millenium and--not surprisingly--there is absolutely nothing to suggest Gorillaz is a one-hit wonder, novelty band; the brainchild of Blur frontman Damon Albarn and "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett, Gorillaz utilizes influences like Beck and Air the way truly legendary barkeeps mix drinks to keep their clients faithful, eclectic and happy. Grade: A for this award-winning, multi-platinum effort. Expand
  16. SierraH
    Feb 20, 2007
    Yes, a 10. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I used to be very mainstream and closed-minded about music, listening almost entirely to rap and pop in the charts. I heard Demon Days from a friend before I even knew who Gorillaaz were, and thought, 'This album is crap.' And forgot about it. One day, I decided to check out Gorillaz, after remembering Feel Good Inc. First listen, I Yes, a 10. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I used to be very mainstream and closed-minded about music, listening almost entirely to rap and pop in the charts. I heard Demon Days from a friend before I even knew who Gorillaaz were, and thought, 'This album is crap.' And forgot about it. One day, I decided to check out Gorillaz, after remembering Feel Good Inc. First listen, I liked Feel Good Inc., DARE, and El Manana. 2nd listen, Kids with Guns, Last Living Souls. 3rd listen, the entire album was absolutely brilliant. Damon Albarn is a genius, which shows in this masterpiece. I can't... think of any words to describe it, except to listen to it a couple of times, and this album will open up an entirely whole new world of music for you. Oh, and it's been a year. Still not tired of any of the songs, something I've never come across before. Brilliant. A work of art, not to mention Jamie Hewlett's absolutely fantastic drawings of Gorillaz. Through this band, I discovered music I thought I never like before. BUY IT! Expand
  17. Sam
    May 13, 2007
    Awesome, awesome album, any way you look at it. Passing over the obvious genius of hit "Feel Good, Inc." (and it is genius), DARE and El Manana are two other favorites. Check out the music video for Feel Good.
  18. ConnorW
    Dec 18, 2005
    Simply the best album of 2005!
  19. TylerF
    May 24, 2005
    wow!!! I'm blown away. i liked the Gorillaz debut album but this one just blows it out of water. I mean, it's so damn catchy. I'm just hope I don't have to wait another 4 years for the next album.
  20. JessicaB
    May 24, 2005
    This CD is so much more than their debut. It is less poppy and more political message. Who can listen to Dirty Harry without thinking about Iraq?
  21. MaxM
    May 25, 2005
    This is one of the best albums I ave heard in a long time, alhtough it is not as good as their original album which was my favorite album of all time! Very well done
    May 29, 2005
    Brilliant. While not on par with the debut album, the material here is far from thin. Danger Mouse has done a great job producing this and has helped to create a great follow up.
  23. GregB
    May 29, 2005
    AMAZING!!! Best Record i've Heard in Years. Danger Mouse is on fire these days, and Damon Albarn proves he is one of the best songwriters of our time. BRILLIIANT!!!!
  24. JonathanT
    May 29, 2005
    Its about time intelligence was brought to the 21st century. Futuristic with some elegant undertones just like Future Sound of London's ' Dead Cities'. A slightly apocalyptical post war undertone with the feeling of having your heaphones implanted through your brain. J'adore GORILLAZ c'est le meilleur album de cet decennie. Merci et continue !!!
  25. RobA
    May 31, 2005
    It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I'm there I love it!
  26. jboy
    Jun 14, 2005
    The brilliance in this CD is stunning....and the bonus track rocks also
  27. formerwowplayer
    Jun 2, 2005
    This album is a much fun as it is smart and creative! A great listen and an BIG change in style since their debut. I can wait to see what Mr. Blur Frontman does next.
  28. PatrickC
    Jun 27, 2005
    This is the album of the year.
  29. az
    Jun 9, 2005
    I just want to do the monster to this whole CD.... it kicks ass.
  30. mn
    Jul 21, 2005
    this cd rocks out loud !!!!
  31. VincentC
    Aug 19, 2005
    Excellent. Funky beats, flows well. Loved the dialogue by Dennis Hopper
  32. MikeS
    Aug 3, 2005
    Truly original..the video for Feel good Inc. is mesmerizing. The music goes on and on, and each time you listen to the record you pull something new.
  33. fredrgf
    Aug 8, 2005
    fully sick wicked
  34. Wes
    Sep 14, 2005
    Great fucking album. I love every song, especially Every Planet We Reach is Dead and Feel Good Inc.
  35. Noodle2-D
    Sep 18, 2005
    WOW--what an incredible album. I can't stop listening to it. The variety of songs is exceptional. The beat moves from hip hop to techno to melodic ballad to early Pet Shop Boy-ish angst. Gorgeous compilation. Really. Get it. Don't be a loser.
  36. themouse
    Sep 30, 2005
    one of the best cds i own i love DARE and feel good inc.
  37. JoS
    Sep 4, 2005
    Brilliant.
  38. AaronD
    Jan 14, 2006
    Absolute wicked album and there est yet!!!!!
  39. IsaacR
    May 1, 2006
    you know this cd is cool when a black guy likes it. and i do!!!! i love it (track 10:all alone rocks)
  40. PaulaG.
    Feb 13, 2008
    It's the best record I've ever listen to, no doubt.
  41. AnthonyE
    May 27, 2005
    the first gorillaz record was great, but this ones so much better.
  42. EmiliaH
    May 27, 2005
    Excellent! Damon is incredible, his voice is amazing. The rythms are so different between one another....... but it isn't a problem, all of them are combined perfectly!
  43. RoloR
    Jul 24, 2005
    This album was the best one ive bought this year, far surpasing any sound created anywhere the gorillaz have done it again and will continue i hope!
  44. shellib
    Aug 25, 2005
    This album is the best album out for 2005, the gorillaz are tyhe best artists around at the moment! 5 stars!
  45. keving
    Jan 28, 2006
    g
  46. SamiS
    Apr 23, 2006
    This CD is the BEST!!!!! I listen to it all the time! I cant decide which song is my favorite, they are all so freaking cool!No matter what mood im in, I moving to the groove of the music, and my friends love it to!Great album,Great job,.....Great music!
  47. FrancescoR
    Dec 23, 2008
    It is impossible sayin' that this album belongs to a kind of music, because it is just a super-mix of everything, which makes a very pleasant listening. It is an album that will be remembered for years, for decades, and even if you don't know what's the meaning of the texts of the songs, you feel as if that innovative music, that the first time you heard sounded so strange It is impossible sayin' that this album belongs to a kind of music, because it is just a super-mix of everything, which makes a very pleasant listening. It is an album that will be remembered for years, for decades, and even if you don't know what's the meaning of the texts of the songs, you feel as if that innovative music, that the first time you heard sounded so strange and "different", tells you about something that you can't explain by words, something that we can feel in the air every day: it's just the life we live, in a world that too much times looks grey and empty...the world that we can find in "Demon Days"...ya, of course it is exaggerated, but the question is...how much? Expand
  48. RickW.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Probably my all-time favorite album...completely unique
  49. TurkRocks
    Nov 15, 2006
    I think this is one of the most CLEVER things I have ever experienced. Only thing I really have to say about people who do not enjoy the simple yet so full hearted affect that these 4 wonderful characters have on us are bitter, stuck up, and probably alone. This, while it may be a steryotype - most the times will hold fact. While being human - my accusation will not be perfect, and have I think this is one of the most CLEVER things I have ever experienced. Only thing I really have to say about people who do not enjoy the simple yet so full hearted affect that these 4 wonderful characters have on us are bitter, stuck up, and probably alone. This, while it may be a steryotype - most the times will hold fact. While being human - my accusation will not be perfect, and have its flaws but that does NOT diminish the stunning, amazing, fantastic, wonderous, dazzling, splended, breath taking album and series. Gorillaz - Original, simple, beautiful. Expand
  50. Dec 3, 2010
    One of the greatest mix of music styles and imaginations - pleasant and disturbing, rough and smooth, apocalyptic and dreamy. Singles will make you feel fresh but whole album can leave huge mark on your attitude to modern music.
  51. Dec 15, 2011
    Despite it's many faults, Demon Days still â
  52. Dec 26, 2013
    The single most musically intriguing record I have ever heard, still stands up as my all time favourite album, ever. To describe it in one word, I would have to say that this album is "Perfect".
  53. Dec 26, 2013
    Probably my favorite album of all time. despite the diversity of the music styles on the album, all of them are amazing tunes that I never skip should they arrive on a shuffled playlist.
  54. Mar 27, 2013
    I personally don't give a f*ck about what, these haters think, we're all aloud our opinion on things, but a lot of people are seeing this album as the type of music tailored for the average person to listen to as he or she is driving to work on their weekly grind. Its not. This music is an acquired taste sure, but not in the rotten fish sushi manner where some people say its delicious, butI personally don't give a f*ck about what, these haters think, we're all aloud our opinion on things, but a lot of people are seeing this album as the type of music tailored for the average person to listen to as he or she is driving to work on their weekly grind. Its not. This music is an acquired taste sure, but not in the rotten fish sushi manner where some people say its delicious, but its really just a pile of rotten fish. No, this album is a creation. Try and see it through Damon Albarn's eyes. A massive collaboration with many people, and a telling of the high concept band's story. Sure, there are some tracks that I wasn't that into, but with an open mind you can easily say that most of the songs are just as good as "Dare or "Feel Good inc." but simply passed under the radar and didn't make it as mainstream, playing-on-every-station hits. And lets face it, what was the last Album you bought where you loved EVERY SINGLE F*CKING SONG...I've never had such an experience. Looking at the reviews now, you'd think that it really is a love-it-or-hate it album. By the way, thank you if you're still reading this far, it means a lot that my opinion is so important to you. People are either to narrow minded to see the beauty of, and the brilliance, this album brings to the table. Its not perfect, nothing is, but compared to other albums on the market? Yes, it is perfect. Its hard to see how some of the songs like "All Alone" didn't make it to the charts.

In conclusion, you will not regret buying this album if you love Gorillaz, hell even Damon Albarn's works in general, if you're not afraid to try new things or any way patient to savour music goodness. If you base your opinion of music on what people say and how distracting it is then you should probably get back to the weekly grind...
  55. Jun 6, 2013
    10/10 is too low. But I can't go up to 20/10 so whatever.
    Demon Days is The Gorillaz follow up album to their mega hit. Demon Days easily is better, which is a testament to just how good this album is. Feel Good Inc. and Dirty Harry are cult classics and help this album rise to Cult Classic status.
  56. May 22, 2015
    Instant classic, and even now, 10 years later it is still more modern than many many other artists. It is a timeless album, full of original arrangements, social critique and stellar mixing.
  57. Aug 6, 2015
    Gorillaz's most accessible album and their most successful. They turn up the rock and hip hop while adding other elements such as trip hop. Every track is brilliant, with amazing singles and a three-part finale that tells an epic tale.
  58. Nov 19, 2016
    This is the best album by my favourite band of all time, I love all songs, I never skip one, this album just makes me Feel Good when I'm All Alone over DARE at the Green World.
  59. Apr 9, 2017
    best **** album ever i was 3 when this came out and i still love it! i don't see why people can not like it its great and better then gorillaz. LOVE IT
  60. May 2, 2017
    Love it! A **** legendary album by Gorillaz and my fav album also! I really like the tracks, especially "Feel Good Inc.", "Kids With Guns", "DARE", "Dirty Harry" and more.
  61. JasonS
    May 26, 2005
    Excellent album. the first three tracks are a bit of repetative filler, but the rest is gold. pure gold.
  62. SamM
    Jun 7, 2005
    After listening to Demon Days the first time I thought I'd blown my money on an over advertised CD not really worth of the hype. Oh how i was wrong. The CD needs some listening and its brilliance will emerge each time you hear it. Kids with Guns is a great song espercially the typical gorillaz drums near the end of the song as well as Dirty Harry with its hip hop flavour combined After listening to Demon Days the first time I thought I'd blown my money on an over advertised CD not really worth of the hype. Oh how i was wrong. The CD needs some listening and its brilliance will emerge each time you hear it. Kids with Guns is a great song espercially the typical gorillaz drums near the end of the song as well as Dirty Harry with its hip hop flavour combined with the choir in the beggining. Truly great album Expand
  63. KurtF
    Dec 2, 2005
    All the non-rap songs are great. Where as two of the four with rap in it seem out of place and the other two work just fine. El Manana is a really beautiful song. I love how even the really dance pop parts of the album seem to have a dark foreboding. This is how sordonic is done fun! I think some poeple just see the cartoons and hear the radio "feel good inc" (which I do like) and think All the non-rap songs are great. Where as two of the four with rap in it seem out of place and the other two work just fine. El Manana is a really beautiful song. I love how even the really dance pop parts of the album seem to have a dark foreboding. This is how sordonic is done fun! I think some poeple just see the cartoons and hear the radio "feel good inc" (which I do like) and think they are just stupid. But if you listen to the album you realize that some of the songs are better than anything (any genre) out there. Expand
  64. FranciscusV
    May 24, 2005
    Very lovely album. Great after waiting 4 years!
  65. jb
    May 25, 2005
    This is a serious grower. I found it rather flat at first, as I was expecting a jaunty ride - not a subtle odyssey, but havng listened to it a few times I'm coming around to the view that this is one of the best things Albarn's ever done.
  66. VincentV
    May 26, 2005
    This CD is much better than the first. I'm not saying the first wasn't good, but this is beter.
  67. zega
    May 30, 2005
    Accessible and cross-genre,good like Groove Armada, K.I.A. and other artists doing multi-vocalist hybrid-electronica (rocktronica, dubtronica...). And, unlike the first Gorillaz, has some emotional weight (Kids With Guns...). Would be a 10 but for the spoken-word song ("Fire Coming Out of the Monkey"); when will artists learn that talk-tracks are unlistenable after the first time?
  68. S@T@NMILTON
    May 30, 2005
    Wow!!! First when I listened the CD, bad bad bad But after in a dark room, wow this album has every aspect of music I know lots of people don
  69. markf
    tracks 12-15 r great
  70. yashp
    Jun 6, 2005
    this album can turn your worst day into a your best day or even make your best day ever better!
  71. DrewN
    Aug 20, 2005
    This album caught me by surprise really. After the first Gorillaz CD, which had a few good tracks, but not one of my favorites, I didn't expect much from this band. Boy was I wrong. After hearing "Feel Good Inc.", I felt I had to buy the album, and I wasn't dissapointed. Tracks that stand out: Feel Good Inc., DARE, Kids With Guns. Seriously buy the album.
  72. SaulV
    Aug 25, 2005
    I think the Cd " Demon Days " has al kind of songs. I LOVE IT!
  73. Levi
    Jan 7, 2006
    Brilliant. Not perfect, but brilliant.
  74. JimmyJazz
    Apr 8, 2006
    Don't listen to any other reviews but this one. I am not a fan of rap. Never have been never will be. When I got this cd i was scared there would be to much rap and hip hop in it. There's not. This cd has some rap songs (November has Come, Feel Good Inc.) but it has every other genre ever. Electronic (DARE) Dance (Dirty Harry) Rock ( O green World) rock/hip Don't listen to any other reviews but this one. I am not a fan of rap. Never have been never will be. When I got this cd i was scared there would be to much rap and hip hop in it. There's not. This cd has some rap songs (November has Come, Feel Good Inc.) but it has every other genre ever. Electronic (DARE) Dance (Dirty Harry) Rock ( O green World) rock/hip hop/dance/jazz/Electronic (Evrery planet we reach is dead). This Cd is a real suppriser. I enjoy listening to it and its different. Great Music, Great feel and if you happen to buy the cd from a store amazing 'drawings' in the booklet. This Cd can preety much be enjoyed be anyone. Who would know a fan of GREEN DAY. WHITE STRIPES, ARCADE FIRE and DAVID BOWIE could like this? Expand
  75. DanA
    Jun 24, 2007
    Better than anything else Gorillaz has put out, which says something.
  76. JasperB
    Nov 13, 2005
    This CD is the epitome of cool
  77. NofsGrrl
    May 25, 2005
    Ahhhh... That is a sigh of relief in now knowing how good this album is. The first album was more mindless fun, whlle Demon Days is thoughtful fun. I will take my Gorillaz either way with a side of groove, please!
  78. HunterB
    May 28, 2005
    This is a very good album, combining the exeplary producing skills of DJ Dangermouse with vocals from blur's Damon Albarn and wrapping it all up with art by "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett. Some tracks are better than others, of course ("Feel Good Inc." "Dirty Harry", "DARE" and the amazing "Fire coming out of the monkey's head" shine as the album's best tracks), but by This is a very good album, combining the exeplary producing skills of DJ Dangermouse with vocals from blur's Damon Albarn and wrapping it all up with art by "Tank Girl" creator Jamie Hewlett. Some tracks are better than others, of course ("Feel Good Inc." "Dirty Harry", "DARE" and the amazing "Fire coming out of the monkey's head" shine as the album's best tracks), but by the end of the album, this doesn't matter: it's all good. Expand
  79. FirstLast
    May 28, 2005
    Less sporadic and, thus, more cohesive than the debut record. Very fun. Only thing I'd say is that some of the rapping sections - while completely credible - might be tricky to distinguish from standard mainstream hip-hop/krunk; something that never happened on the eponymous record.
  80. GuillaumeP
    May 31, 2005
    Don't trust yourself too much on your first impressions. Its only after you'll have listened Demon Days 2 or 3 times you'll start to like it, then you'll love it and be careful, it becomes an adiction and the only word that can describe the way i see this record after listening 10 times is (love²+admiration).
  81. CYRUSC
    Jun 3, 2005
    Wow, this album is near perfection. I say near because a couple songs dont appeal to me very much, but aside from that, the creativity, and the flow of the other songs, cannot be compared with anything else. I especially like Fire Coming out of the Monkeys Head. Honestly that just might be one of the best songs i have ever heard. BUY IT QUICK
  82. PeterS
    Jun 3, 2005
    As a nearly-40 guy who grew up listening to '60s' and '70's classic rock, etc. such as Pink Floyd, The Strawbs, Genesis and going through a world (literally) of musical tastes, I think that the music of Gorillaz and the team that drives them is at long last a sign that maybe ingenious and creativity is not dead in the corporate music biz. I see this is a highly As a nearly-40 guy who grew up listening to '60s' and '70's classic rock, etc. such as Pink Floyd, The Strawbs, Genesis and going through a world (literally) of musical tastes, I think that the music of Gorillaz and the team that drives them is at long last a sign that maybe ingenious and creativity is not dead in the corporate music biz. I see this is a highly artistic, conceptual album with lyrics that remind us of the demons - personal and otherwise - that confront us every day which leads to the last two tracks. "Don't Get Lost In Heaven" and "Demon Days" sums up the album beautifully! I just wish this "band" could tour! I could add so much more... Expand
  83. SamH
    Jul 6, 2005
    Awesome beats, great vocals, refreshing album for the summer!
  84. MelR.
    Sep 4, 2005
    smooth. One of the only albums I can listen to more than once.
  85. justinf
    Oct 13, 2008
    It is spectacular. the best songs from this album are: White Light, Dirty Harry, Feel Good Inc., el manana, and Kids with Guns. tHIS ALBUM IS A Must-buy!
  86. DavidH.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Definetly one of the best albums of the year! Original, experimental with dark and mysterious overtones. Every track stands out as different from the next. Overall, its near masterful. Intro is great gives u a real taster of the feel of the album. last living souls 9/10, kids with guns 10/10, o green world 7/10, dirty harry 9/10, feel good inc. 10/10, el manana 10/10, every planet we Definetly one of the best albums of the year! Original, experimental with dark and mysterious overtones. Every track stands out as different from the next. Overall, its near masterful. Intro is great gives u a real taster of the feel of the album. last living souls 9/10, kids with guns 10/10, o green world 7/10, dirty harry 9/10, feel good inc. 10/10, el manana 10/10, every planet we reach is dead 8/10, november has come 10/10, all alone 10/10, white light 5/10, dare 10/10, fire coming out of a monkeys head 9/10, don't get lost in heaven 10/10, demon days 10/10.every song great except white light! Expand
  87. Gunner
    May 24, 2005
    This word may be cliched, but I think 'deep" is a good one to use as a description for the album. It delves further than thier first effort, and is definitely a creeper (a fast one though). Ilke one reviwer said, it has so many elements crammed in, it's really quite impressive. Wicked album!
  88. EvilE
    May 25, 2005
    good catchy fun beats and tunes, but is a bit boring at times. I do recommend it to anyone who liked the first album!
  89. jacobm
    Aug 29, 2005
    Great album, but I must say that the hip hop is lacking. I love the 8-bit sounding beats mixed in... excellent sound!
  90. Oct 11, 2010
    This album should be given its own genre. It's neither here nor there with any one genre and is so vast it can't even be taken down to 2 or 3. You've got something like 'Last Living Souls' which is eeary melancholy pop mixed with 'Don't get lost in heaven' which verges on symphonic gospel. This is really a masterpiece from Albarn. An apex of his imagination. He deserves all the acclaim he gets.
  91. Sep 26, 2010
    After the success of their first album, they went farther in producing Demon Days, where this time it is set in a Apocalyptic world. This one fuses more pop than the last one, but less rap. They still have their great vibe, with the help of new guests on this album. Their a ton of great songs on this album, especially "Feel Good Inc." This wasn't the best album Albarn has produced, but oneAfter the success of their first album, they went farther in producing Demon Days, where this time it is set in a Apocalyptic world. This one fuses more pop than the last one, but less rap. They still have their great vibe, with the help of new guests on this album. Their a ton of great songs on this album, especially "Feel Good Inc." This wasn't the best album Albarn has produced, but one of the most inspiring albums. The end of the album wraps up the mood perfectly, when the basic strumming of the guitar on "Demon Days" tells what Damon has experienced himself. This album is easier to listen and get used to than the first album. Standouts : "Kids With Guns", "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE" Overall Score : 8.7 Expand
  92. Feb 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This unexpected mix of many (mainly the laid back type) music styles is really enjoyable and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys them. Of course, it's not perfect, but it's really good. My personal favourites are Feel Good inc. and O Green World. They really suck me in. The first is more fun and the beat is "clearly visible". The second, however, is more moody and the guitar kicks in most of the time. I like how Damon sounds good in many types of different songs.
    So, if you like having fun while listening to music, this album is for you, even if it lacks certain momentum from the first album. Try it for yourself and see!
    Score: 9.0
  93. Mar 20, 2012
    Demon Days represents an amazing blend of genre's and styles. After Gorillaz hit in 2001, I instantly fell in love with the band and it style. And from then to the release of Demon Days I kept wondering in what direction the group would go in. Demon Days thrusts Gorillaz in a much more ominous atmosphere and tosses out some great tracks, mixing various collaborators for a mezmorizingDemon Days represents an amazing blend of genre's and styles. After Gorillaz hit in 2001, I instantly fell in love with the band and it style. And from then to the release of Demon Days I kept wondering in what direction the group would go in. Demon Days thrusts Gorillaz in a much more ominous atmosphere and tosses out some great tracks, mixing various collaborators for a mezmorizing journey through a snapshot in the gorillaz universe. Expand
  94. Nov 21, 2014
    Demon Days is a fantastic follow up to Gorillaz's first album. However there is a slight problem, if you could indeed call it a problem, the album is very hard to quantify, to put into a genre. Demon Days takes influence from rap, rock, R'nB, pop and country however at the same time it manages to filter out the negative tropes of the genres, meaning both those who like or dislike theDemon Days is a fantastic follow up to Gorillaz's first album. However there is a slight problem, if you could indeed call it a problem, the album is very hard to quantify, to put into a genre. Demon Days takes influence from rap, rock, R'nB, pop and country however at the same time it manages to filter out the negative tropes of the genres, meaning both those who like or dislike the influences will still very much enjoy the music, for example I normally dislike the aforementioned styles of music, yet still fell in love with Demon Days, which is very much a hard thing to do.
    The fell of the album is also incredibly dark, without trying to be edgy, yet at the same time manages to sound fairly upbeat, which is a rare talent amongst artists. This album really is quite special, it manages to appeal to all without compromising, to have repetitive vocals without being annoying, to have every song sound different without it being forced or the quality being downplayed.
    Shortly put this really does manage to both have all the advantages and near none of the disadvantages, it's only once a while music manages to do this and with how cheap the album is, I absolutely recommend you buy this.
  95. Oct 27, 2014
    This album is (and was) an instant classic and arguably Gorillaz's best work. Nearly every track oozes with creativity and there are only two tracks that I would say are lacking overall (O Green World and All Alone). The production is amazing with nearly every track making fantastic use of a wide, wide array of diverse musical ideas and sounds. The only thing I could ask from this albumThis album is (and was) an instant classic and arguably Gorillaz's best work. Nearly every track oozes with creativity and there are only two tracks that I would say are lacking overall (O Green World and All Alone). The production is amazing with nearly every track making fantastic use of a wide, wide array of diverse musical ideas and sounds. The only thing I could ask from this album is: more please. Expand
  96. Feb 26, 2017
    Gorillaz. It's complicate. Their music is not for everyone for being unique and weird, but soon as you enter "inside" the songs, it's a complete masterpiece as good as the self-titled album and Plastic Beach.

Feel Good Inc. is the only song all agree it's, at least, cool, and personally I think it's because it is the best song in the album that is so good, that even being weird, almost everyone like it. But it's not the unique masterpiece in the album. All the first half is full of amazing tunes, and the second, while presenting excellent songs, there are some more "normal" ones. But this con is recovered by the union of all the songs, that are like one hour story, telling you about loneliness, hedonism, self esteem, war and so many more negative things that happens in the world... and it's expressed incredibly well. For example, there is one song, Dare, that is very "happy" compared to other work in Demon Days, but that's because fits perfectly the message (improve your self auto esteem, to cheer).

Then appears the Demon Days song, were it's an amazing finale for the album, telling you that besides all the sadness and crude true, there is hope and light to it, making a "happy ending" for the story.
  97. Apr 26, 2016
    When I listen to the latest Gorillaz songs, their music gets better and better. This album can beat their first album into shreds because they always get better!. Literally I recommend the entire collection of Gorillaz for new Gorillaz fans!. So yeah
  98. May 1, 2017
    Magnum opus of the Gorillaz. While many were expecting them to disappoint after a really promising debut, Damon and Jamie manage to top it with a more creative and more polished record. One of the very best in its decade.
  99. jayman
    May 23, 2005
    A fun listen. I like the beats, and despite some early negative reviews, this may need a few more listens for some. Enjoyable off the bat for me...should be a great summer record.
  100. IllyaZ
    Not bad at all...

1. Uncut
    A dazzlingly clever record--great beats, brilliant production, top tunes and some of Albarn's best singing. [Jun 2005, p.106]
  2. Demon Days actually is even better than its predecessor.
  3. Before you even consider the sonic and melodic innovation paraded through the album there’s so much crammed into each of these fifteen songs (without any one of them sounding overproduced or cluttered) that repeated listening is a must.