Discovery

• Release Date: Mar 13, 2001
9.1

Review this album

1. Jun 21, 2012
    Fantastic Album and magnificent movie (Interstella 5555), I recommend them to everyone, even if you don't like electronic music!
    In the album there are many catchy songs and even touching ones, a really good album overall!
  2. Apr 21, 2012
    This album is amazing! It is the best of Daft Punk. All tracks are awesome, especially Aerodynamic, Harder Better Faster Stronger, and Digital Love. Absolutely buy it!
  3. Aug 25, 2012
    Discovery is one of the previous decade's best albums and it definitely doesn't disappoint.

An action packed and exciting experience for anyone to enjoy.
  4. May 18, 2012
    My favourite album of all time. It's magical. I highly recommend watching the interstella 5555 movie. This album made them known as the French robotic electronica gods that they are. Most tracks are so dynamic: it starts with a fresh intro, then comes the main beat followed by an epic twist halfway through the song and ending with more beauty. Listen to Aerodynamic, Harder Better FasterMy favourite album of all time. It's magical. I highly recommend watching the interstella 5555 movie. This album made them known as the French robotic electronica gods that they are. Most tracks are so dynamic: it starts with a fresh intro, then comes the main beat followed by an epic twist halfway through the song and ending with more beauty. Listen to Aerodynamic, Harder Better Faster Stronger, Digital Love, Face to Face, Veridis Quo or Voyager and you'll know what I mean Expand
  5. Aug 4, 2013
    Especially in the genre of electronic music, there’s a lot of individual taste that affects your approach to different DJs and therefore it’s completely okay with me, if you disagree on what I’m saying here. But I still think that this is the best electronic music album ever made. Every single song has good stuff about it, but in general these are the most important things to be said aboutEspecially in the genre of electronic music, there’s a lot of individual taste that affects your approach to different DJs and therefore it’s completely okay with me, if you disagree on what I’m saying here. But I still think that this is the best electronic music album ever made. Every single song has good stuff about it, but in general these are the most important things to be said about Discovery: Bangalter and De Homem-Christo’s talent in creating music is undeniable and they are able to let instrumental music speak on its own. Their music, mostly without or with very simple lyrics, brings emotions with them that some musicians of other genres aren’t able to deliver with five verses. And when the duo includes the lyrics, they are outstandingly good, and not only in regards to the other lyrics in this genre. The words aren’t hazy at all, in fact, you as the listener are addressed very directly and clearly. And by that, Daft Punk shows us that you don’t need complicated or incomprehensible lyrics to be considered good by critics or audiences; you just have to include good and touching phrasing. In some parts, i.e. the album’s final song, the ironically titled 10-minute-dance-track Too Long, the two French hommes simply bank on sing-along mantras like “Can you feel it?” and it works! Each and every one of the 14 tracks included has something unique about it that should make every die-hard fan of other music genres quickly convert to house. If you think that this type of music is monotonous and boring, Daft Punk proves you wrong. They manage to create so many different layers of electronic music in one album while still staying relatively cohesive (they even made an utterly impressive movie to this album, entitled Interstellar 5555). The first six songs are purely amazing, the other eight are still awesome and your interest won’t get lost at any point in this one-hour-long CD, I promise. Daft Punk had sparked my interest with their 1997 debut Homework, but after this release, I became an absolute fan of their purely revolutionizing work. Discovery isn’t only fantastic to dance to, it is also one of the most important albums in the history of electronic music. Expand
  6. Aug 7, 2012
    Even better with Interstella 5555.
  7. Aug 13, 2014
    Thos album is so cool. The sounds are steady and neat with some off-beats. The backgrounds are really sick(in a good way). This album though is sometimes included with a lot of auto-tunes that are compressed which may makes the beats repetitive but it does keep up with the rythm. And the styles are ranged with different genres.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Beautiful music, and that's the only thing that really matters. Every song of this album is a unique piece of art, the joyful and dance-able "One More Time", "Voyager" with a driving in the sunset feeling or "Aerodynamic" with a face melting guitar solo, this album is art.
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been to different genres in the music industry and I must say, Discovery was my discovery of House music. The best I've heard in my life and it is capable of making me enjoy most minutes of some boring days.
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    In honor of the upcoming release of the bands highly anticipated 4th Album, "Random Access Memories", I thought I'd go back and review what really made Daft Punk, Daft Punk. "Discovery" was the bands breakthrough release, and is a sparkling, shiny LP that will make you want to immediately stop whatever you're doing and start moving along to the groove. It's tracks like "Digital Love" andIn honor of the upcoming release of the bands highly anticipated 4th Album, "Random Access Memories", I thought I'd go back and review what really made Daft Punk, Daft Punk. "Discovery" was the bands breakthrough release, and is a sparkling, shiny LP that will make you want to immediately stop whatever you're doing and start moving along to the groove. It's tracks like "Digital Love" and "One More Time" that make the album so dance-like, but at the same time, so magical. 9/10 Expand
  11. May 19, 2013
    This entangled me. Especially with the integration of the anime film "Interstella 5555". A lot of songs were very catchy and I could dance to them, but some got boring after.... overall, pretty cool album.
  12. Jul 21, 2013
    Pure, electronic glory. The majority of the tracks are extremely iconic and practically timeless. This album basically set the industry standard for how good dance music is created.
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    One of my fave dance albums I've heard in a long day.

14. Aug 14, 2013
    one of my favorites albums.............................................................................................................................................................
  15. Sep 4, 2013
    A masterpiece that lives on largely unappreciated these days I think. Recorded just before the explosion of social media and the age of internet-hype and subsequent let-downs (cough cough, random access, cough), This album seems to me to be aging very well. It was overshadowed by "One more time", which is genuinely a great song, but not as good as the head-y, ahead-of-it's-time, glitch-yA masterpiece that lives on largely unappreciated these days I think. Recorded just before the explosion of social media and the age of internet-hype and subsequent let-downs (cough cough, random access, cough), This album seems to me to be aging very well. It was overshadowed by "One more time", which is genuinely a great song, but not as good as the head-y, ahead-of-it's-time, glitch-y "Face to Face", or the ten-minute, four to the flour, soul-lifting finale, "Too Long". I see this album as a true testament to the way music used to be recorded, as a journey, an emotional roller coaster from it's bigger than life start to it's finish, which brings a true, fulfilling sense of closure, helped in no small part by the anime it was made in conjunction with, Intersteller 5555 (if you haven't seen it all the way through, you don't have a complete perspective, watch it, I implore you). On a side note, I hadn't even heard "Harder, Better..." until after Kanye's (the hip hop clown) garbage had already tainted it for me, which is truly too bad because it's a fantastic little piece of space-funk. Discovery as a whole is daring, exciting, dynamic, beautiful, and above all, fun. Expand
  16. Sep 24, 2015
    A grand, spectacular treat to the ears but seems to rely heavily on hooks. To their credit though, Daft Punk are really, really good at creating hooks.
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    One of the greatest dance albums of all time, an absolute classic. Fans of house and dance music will enjoy it, as will fans of pop. It's also one of the greatest feel good albums, alongside "since I left you" by The Avalanches. As perfect an album as possible. It's that good.
  18. Aug 10, 2014
    As Discovery, is a fine album,But some songs are great like one more time ,hard better faster stronger and face to face. The songs that should not in this album are high life and crescendolls
  19. Jun 23, 2014
    Still my favoriteStill my favorite album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  20. Nov 18, 2014
    Very stellar album. Personal favourites are Something About Us, Crescendolls, Nightvision, and Digital Love. There are some weak points ( Idk why everyone says Too Long is amazing, I thought it wasn't that good.) but it's overall really good.
  21. Apr 20, 2015
    easily their best album to date. nothing they've done so far has managed to top this album in any way.
    i love each and every single one of these tracks, and the fact that they seg way into one another working as a movie soundtrack (which it is), only makes it better.

Fav. Tracks: all of them
  22. Jul 14, 2015
    I started listening Daft punk in 2009. One day i was watching a video of 2007 live on youtube and they were playing one more time/aerodynamic mix. That was the moment, i got hit by their song Aerodynamic and i started composing music and learning. It doesn't matters to me what other people thinks about them, but they have changed me.
  23. Aug 18, 2015
    Daft Punks Discovery is one of the only albums I have ever heard that I can listen to every song and appreciate how great ever single track is. By far one of my favorite albums of all time.
  24. May 26, 2016
    The best album of the duo by far, doesn't have one single bad song. I wish they have made another album similar to this one instead of that electronic mess that is Human After All.
  25. Aug 9, 2016
    8.5
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  26. Jun 5, 2016
    This album is where I started listening to Daft Punk. Daft Punk are really talented EDM duos who changed the EDM's generation forever. Some songs are ish. But songs like "One More Time", "Harder Better Faster Stronger", "Digital Love" and "Superheroes are the best ones out of this album. So yeah, really good album.
  27. Jun 2, 2016
    This is an iconic album which has revolutionised music, particularly in Electronic, Dance, Disco, Club, House genre. Listed among the 30 Greatest EDM Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone at No 8 (The 1st positiom is also claimed by Daft Punk's gem "Homework"), it opens with clud friendly "One More Time" the unfolds into "Aerodynamic" and then other tracks. "Something About Us" is the mostThis is an iconic album which has revolutionised music, particularly in Electronic, Dance, Disco, Club, House genre. Listed among the 30 Greatest EDM Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone at No 8 (The 1st positiom is also claimed by Daft Punk's gem "Homework"), it opens with clud friendly "One More Time" the unfolds into "Aerodynamic" and then other tracks. "Something About Us" is the most soulful moment in the album. The autotuned vocals even add to its beauty.
    Esential tracks - 1st 4 tracks
    Jewel of the album - "Something About Us"
  28. Jun 23, 2016
    Personally I really like the album. Starting from spotify, continues on vinyl, it is just a very good album to listen to. Most of the songs are used in Interstellar 5555, movie. I would always suggest this album to anyone.
  29. Aug 22, 2016
    My favorite album from daft punk
    "One More Time" is repetitive (it say one more time 26 times) yet it still manages to get stuck in my head
    "Aerodynamic" feels like it was made for interstella: 5555 one of more forgettable songs of the album "Digital Love" Is just an amazing piece of art one of my favorite daft punk songs ever. it's the first song on the album to use daft punk's famous
    My favorite album from daft punk
    "Digital Love" Is just an amazing piece of art one of my favorite daft punk songs ever. it's the first song on the album to use daft punk's famous vocoder. The lyrics are tremendously catchy
    "Harder Faster Better Stronger" it's Harder Faster Better Stronger need i say more?
    "Crescendolls" actually sounds like a house track instead of 80s pop music
    "Night Vision" is just filler yet it is very intriguing and is something I'd sleep to
    "too long" is too long

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Daft Punk are such stellar, meticulous producers that they make any sound work, even superficially dated ones like spastic early-'80s electro/R&B ("Short Circuit") or faux-orchestral synthesizer baroque ("Veridis Quo").
    Matching Homework in quirkiness, buoyancy, and club-ready freak-beats, Discovery combines the best of what Daft Punk has to offer: mid-'80s synth-pop ("Digital Love"), sleazy euro-funk ("Harder Better Faster Stronger"), shake-your-booty electro-metal with spacey guitar effects ("Aerodynamic" -- Basement Jaxx meets Eddie Van Halen), and minimal, big-beat tunes that Underworld wishes it would have thought of first ("Superheroes").
  3. Not enough of this album delivers on the promise of [lead single] "One More Time."