• Record Label: Virgin
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2001
9.0

Review this album

1. Nov 18, 2014
    Very stellar album. Personal favourites are Something About Us, Crescendolls, Nightvision, and Digital Love. There are some weak points ( Idk why everyone says Too Long is amazing, I thought it wasn't that good.) but it's overall really good.
  2. Apr 20, 2015
    easily their best album to date. nothing they've done so far has managed to top this album in any way.
    i love each and every single one of these tracks, and the fact that they seg way into one another working as a movie soundtrack (which it is), only makes it better.

Fav. Tracks: all of them
  3. Jul 14, 2015
    I started listening Daft punk in 2009. One day i was watching a video of 2007 live on youtube and they were playing one more time/aerodynamic mix. That was the moment, i got hit by their song Aerodynamic and i started composing music and learning. It doesn't matters to me what other people thinks about them, but they have changed me.
  4. Aug 18, 2015
    Daft Punks Discovery is one of the only albums I have ever heard that I can listen to every song and appreciate how great ever single track is. By far one of my favorite albums of all time.
  5. May 26, 2016
    The best album of the duo by far, doesn't have one single bad song. I wish they have made another album similar to this one instead of that electronic mess that is Human After All.
  6. Aug 9, 2016
    8.5
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  7. Jun 5, 2016
    This album is where I started listening to Daft Punk. Daft Punk are really talented EDM duos who changed the EDM's generation forever. Some songs are ish. But songs like "One More Time", "Harder Better Faster Stronger", "Digital Love" and "Superheroes are the best ones out of this album. So yeah, really good album.
  8. Jun 2, 2016
    This is an iconic album which has revolutionised music, particularly in Electronic, Dance, Disco, Club, House genre. Listed among the 30 Greatest EDM Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone at No 8 (The 1st positiom is also claimed by Daft Punk's gem "Homework"), it opens with clud friendly "One More Time" the unfolds into "Aerodynamic" and then other tracks. "Something About Us" is the mostThis is an iconic album which has revolutionised music, particularly in Electronic, Dance, Disco, Club, House genre. Listed among the 30 Greatest EDM Albums of All Time by Rolling Stone at No 8 (The 1st positiom is also claimed by Daft Punk's gem "Homework"), it opens with clud friendly "One More Time" the unfolds into "Aerodynamic" and then other tracks. "Something About Us" is the most soulful moment in the album. The autotuned vocals even add to its beauty.
    Esential tracks - 1st 4 tracks
    Jewel of the album - "Something About Us"
  9. Jan 11, 2018
    This album is timeless, it was so ahead of it's time.
    If this album would've came out yesterday, it still wouldn't sound out-dated.
    If this album would've came out in 2030, it probably still wouldn't sound out-dated. Every aspect of this album sounds so futuristic. And even tough a lot of people say Daft Punks music is repetitive, that doesn't bother me. I just can't listen enough
    This album is timeless, it was so ahead of it's time.
    If this album would've came out yesterday, it still wouldn't sound out-dated.

Every aspect of this album sounds so futuristic.

I just can't listen enough to Discovery (it's that good).
  10. Jun 23, 2016
    Personally I really like the album. Starting from spotify, continues on vinyl, it is just a very good album to listen to. Most of the songs are used in Interstellar 5555, movie. I would always suggest this album to anyone.
  11. Aug 22, 2016
    My favorite album from daft punk
    "One More Time" is repetitive (it say one more time 26 times) yet it still manages to get stuck in my head
    "Aerodynamic" feels like it was made for interstella: 5555 one of more forgettable songs of the album "Digital Love" Is just an amazing piece of art one of my favorite daft punk songs ever. it's the first song on the album to use daft punk's famous
    My favorite album from daft punk
    "Digital Love" Is just an amazing piece of art one of my favorite daft punk songs ever. it's the first song on the album to use daft punk's famous vocoder. The lyrics are tremendously catchy
    "Harder Faster Better Stronger" it's Harder Faster Better Stronger need i say more?
    "Crescendolls" actually sounds like a house track instead of 80s pop music
    "Night Vision" is just filler yet it is very intriguing and is something I'd sleep to
    "too long" is too long
  12. Sep 5, 2017
    REVIEW BASED ON
    > Listened to the whole album plenty of times

Fantastic album. I feel the critics score should be higher

PROS
    + The tracks all share a magical and special connection
    + The album is a pleasure to listen and some of the tracks are nowadays easily recognizable

CONS
    - None
  13. Jan 7, 2018
    Discovery is a masterpiece, 100% good production, cohesive album with good tracks and storyline, 'One More Time' is now a classic, 'Harder Better Faster Stronger' 'Digital Love' do their job too. Showing deepest feeling with 'Something About Us' every single thing on this album has it's soul, that's just magic.
  14. Jun 10, 2018
    Irreplaceable classic, genre defining record ! Daft Punk set the tone for the upcoming House music with this record. One More Time is deeply embedded into Dance Music culture, it's still playing nearly a couple of decades later !
  15. Jun 15, 2018
    Dude, these samples... I **** love this album! The guys behind Daft Punk are the best pioneers out there

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Daft Punk are such stellar, meticulous producers that they make any sound work, even superficially dated ones like spastic early-'80s electro/R&B ("Short Circuit") or faux-orchestral synthesizer baroque ("Veridis Quo").
    Matching Homework in quirkiness, buoyancy, and club-ready freak-beats, Discovery combines the best of what Daft Punk has to offer: mid-'80s synth-pop ("Digital Love"), sleazy euro-funk ("Harder Better Faster Stronger"), shake-your-booty electro-metal with spacey guitar effects ("Aerodynamic" -- Basement Jaxx meets Eddie Van Halen), and minimal, big-beat tunes that Underworld wishes it would have thought of first ("Superheroes").
  3. Not enough of this album delivers on the promise of [lead single] "One More Time."